waterdrop

Why build qi - if qi flows in and out ?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

What is the advantage in not masturbating and eating good food  .... if anyway qi comes and goes with the body ? 

its it usless  like putting buckets into a flowing river ?   

(also some palces i seen people say there is no point in gathering qi and all that matters is doing stuff like practicing qigong increasing the flow between the body and the world)

what are the advantages of gathering more qi in the body (in means of food and celibacy etc) ?

Edited by waterdrop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, waterdrop said:

What is the advantage in not masturbating and eating good food  .... if anyway qi comes and goes with the body ? 

 

What is the point of eating good and drinking water if we're just going to get hungry and thirsty, then piss and shit it away?

 

48 minutes ago, waterdrop said:

its it usless  like putting buckets into a flowing river ?   

 

No.

 

49 minutes ago, waterdrop said:

(also some palces i seen people say there is no point in gathering qi and all that matters is doing stuff like practicing qigong increasing the flow between the body and the world)

 

I'd question either how well you understand what they meant or how well they understand what they're doing or talking about.

 

49 minutes ago, waterdrop said:

what are the advantages of gathering more qi in the body (in means of food and celibacy etc) ?

 

Longevity, strength, power, health, meditative states, for a start. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Can you elaborate a bit more  -  like why its not useless to eat food which is high in qi  - if we anyway do qigong exercises that are supose to increase the circulation of qi between the body and the universe ? 


for example there are many exercise where you visualize qi entering and exiting the body  ( like in zhineng qiogng which i practiced )    -     isnt it  clashing with gathering qi ?  meaning it makes it pointless ? 

why expand the channels for example   ?   does it make the gathering of qi obsolete ?



 

 


 

Edited by waterdrop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, waterdrop said:

Can you elaborate a bit more  -  like why its not useless to eat food which is high in qi  - if we anyway do qigong exercises that are supose to increase the circulation of qi between the body and the universe ? 

 

Ever had batteries and needed spare batteries in case the charge ran out? Ever wonder about the difference in upgrading hardware, say for example, an old Game Boy went from needing 4 AA batteries to the GameBoy Pocket needing only a couple AAA batteries? You're upgrading the hardware and making qi use more efficient. 

 

10 minutes ago, waterdrop said:

for example there are many exercise where you visualize qi entering and exiting the body  ( like in zhineng qiogng which i practiced )    -     isnt it  clashing with gathering qi ?  meaning it makes it pointless ? 

 

You ever try running your car on a low tank of gas versus a full tank of gas?

11 minutes ago, waterdrop said:

why expand the channels for example   ? 

 

Larger container. 

 

11 minutes ago, waterdrop said:

does it make the gathering of qi obsolete ?

 

Would you rather shower with a 1L bottle of water or a large bucket, or a constant flowing shower? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I rather use a flowing shower 

so how do i get there ? 

do i need to gather carry bottles of water of buckets of water  ....   or rather  build a pipe line ?    in that metaphor it seems that building a pipeline is better   instead of wasting time gather water bottles  ...............  unless by gathering qi you help get flowing of qi better somehow

but if that is the case it does clash with  your example of a "larger container"   we expand the channels just so we can gather more qi in some place in the body ?  or we gather qi so we can increase the flow of qi ? 

is it A to B   -  or B to A ? 

Edited by waterdrop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, waterdrop said:

I rather use a flowing shower 

so how do i get there ? 

do i need to gather carry bottles of water of buckets of water  ....   or rather  build a pipe line ?    in that metaphor it seems that building a pipeline is better   instead of wasting time gather water bottles  ...............  unless by gathering qi you help get flowing of qi better somehow

 

Be prepared to do both in case your pipeline gets blocked--you can still experience blockages. The reserves are there for a reason.

 

8 minutes ago, waterdrop said:

but if that is the case it does clash with  your example of a "larger container"   we expand the channels just so we can gather more qi in some place in the body ?  or we gather qi so we can increase the flow of qi ? 

 

Yes. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And because he's inevitably going to post nonsense or keep laughing, this is for you and people who randomly find this thread: 

 

 

Don't listen to FraudDragon, no matter what. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Earl Grey said:

 

Don't listen to FraudDragon, no matter what. 


If you think you know better, I will listen to you.:D:D:lol::lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ReturnDragon said:


If you think you know better, I will listen to you.:D:D:lol::lol:

 

So said the senile and deluded old fart whose fountain of knowledge comes from Baidu search engine results and absolutely no understanding of TCM or qi, and apparently, whose knowledge of Chinese history is completely bogus. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, ReturnDragon said:

Sorry, I peeked in my ignored list sometimes. :D

 

FraudDragon thinks to himself every time he posts: "I ignore qualified sources in favor of fueling the vehicle that will take me and anyone who listens to me as we drive straight off a cliff, and by the way, the earth is flat and climate change is caused by solar flares, and coronavirus didn't start in China."

 

Edited by Earl Grey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Be prepared to do both in case your pipeline gets blocked--you can still experience blockages. The reserves are there for a reason.

  So you are saying gathering qi is like a back up plan ?   as in  if you do something maybe its batter to work on the pipeline  ?
 

20 minutes ago, waterdrop said:

but if that is the case it does clash with  your example of a "larger container"   we expand the channels just so we can gather more qi in some place in the body ?  or we gather qi so we can increase the flow of qi ? 

 

Yes. 


i dont understand the "yes"    do we gather qi  so we can increase flow   -  or increase flow so we can gather qi ?    ( i assume we gather qi to increase flow by the above but i want to hear it from you)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, waterdrop said:

So you are saying gathering qi is like a back up plan ?   as in  if you do something maybe its batter to work on the pipeline  ?

 

You gather qi just like you would get groceries. Eating a meal is qi, storing food in your fridge is jing, which can be converted to qi.

 

2 minutes ago, waterdrop said:

i dont understand the "yes"    do we gather qi  so we can increase flow   -  or increase flow so we can gather qi ?    ( i assume we gather qi to increase flow by the above but i want to hear it from you)

 

I said yes to refer to both. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 . we are trying to convert as much qi to jing as we can  - the more the better ?

2 . we waste qi in daily life  -   by masterbating and doing actions  -  and we gather qi by eating food ?

3 .  qi flows all the time in and out of the body to the universe (Exchange) ?        if i get 6 points of qi from this organic salad i ate instead of chips ....   and they i practice a qigong exercise where you push and pull qi  ....  than  do i push those 6 points out togther with 20 qi points in the push phase and than in another 26 qi points in the pull stage ?

3 . if i clear my blocakges - how does it improve my gathering more jing/food in the fridge ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ReturnDragon said:


Who said it did?


Analogies to your conjecture and piss poor allegations.

 

I dare you to try and espouse your nonsense about how qi and qigong work in actual TCM schools to qualified teachers of acupuncture, pharmacology, and qigong/taijiquan. You’ll get humiliated fast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:


Analogies to your conjecture and piss poor allegations.

 

I dare you to try and espouse your nonsense about how qi and qigong work in actual TCM schools to qualified teachers of acupuncture, pharmacology, and qigong/taijiquan. You’ll get humiliated fast.


huh........?

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, waterdrop said:

1 . we are trying to convert as much qi to jing as we can  - the more the better ?

 

Another analogy: qi is the money in your wallet, on hand to spend--either it is spent or it is wasted, and jing is your bank account. If you don't have a bank account, you won't be able to deposit and save it, and if you don't know how to increase your income or wallet size, you won't be able to carry more in your wallet at a time. 

 

9 minutes ago, waterdrop said:

2 . we waste qi in daily life  -   by masterbating and doing actions  -  and we gather qi by eating food ?

 

We don't necessarily "waste" food by actions, and by the way, it is jing that is used up when masturbating. Food is but one source of gathering qi, but it's not that simple--some people might think it means eating good food will replenish what is lost after masturbation, but that is not true, one method is sleeping 24 hours (but you won't recover everything as you have limited reserves), and another to minimize loss are some techniques like one we use in Shuigong to build up jing.

 

11 minutes ago, waterdrop said:

3 .  qi flows all the time in and out of the body to the universe (Exchange) ?        if i get 6 points of qi from this organic salad i ate instead of chips ....   and they i practice a qigong exercise where you push and pull qi  ....  than  do i push those 6 points out togther with 20 qi points in the push phase and than in another 26 qi points in the pull stage ?

 

No. Not all qi sources are the same. Food is converted into qi, but there is also a loss of qi in converting the food into qi when digesting, which is why we have food coma. 

 

When you push and pull qi, for example, you're describing here moving qi rather than cultivating and gathering it. This is highly dependent on the system you practice

 

13 minutes ago, waterdrop said:

3 . if i clear my blocakges - how does it improve my gathering more jing/food in the fridge ? 

 

Just because you clear blockages does not mean you have developed the capacity to create and store jing. Most people develop jing from adequate rest, but to increase jing requires proper cultivation, such as the right kind of Zhan Zhuang, which I have done as many as five hours at a time, the right system of qigong (probably closer to neigong), and the right guidance. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, waterdrop said:

1 . we are trying to convert as much qi to jing as we can  - the more the better ?

2 . we waste qi in daily life  -   by masterbating and doing actions  -  and we gather qi by eating food ?

3 .  qi flows all the time in and out of the body to the universe (Exchange) ?        if i get 6 points of qi from this organic salad i ate instead of chips ....   and they i practice a qigong exercise where you push and pull qi  ....  than  do i push those 6 points out togther with 20 qi points in the push phase and than in another 26 qi points in the pull stage ?

3 . if i clear my blocakges - how does it improve my gathering more jing/food in the fridge ? 


Another thing to add is that if you look at point 3 there, compare qigong exercise to gym time: do you gain more qi from going to the gym? Think about that.

 

Then, consider if the food source you eat has quality qi. Instant ramen is not the same as an actual meal, just like McDonald’s burgers are not the same as organic grass-fed lamb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

lets say i  get enough sleep and put effort and 100% is organic    --   does it mean i will get a very big amount of qi ? 

and lets say i have that pile of qi in me  ....  i still need to take action to convert that qi into jing  or the fact i have huge amounts of qi will make some of it increase my jing (above the normal amount)  ?


Also when i dont masterbaute  i get wet dreams  -  maybe in some high level in the future i could somehow avoid them but not at my current state  -  does it mean its not much use to gather qi  if its lost anyway  -  like i can put an effort and gather 66 units  instead of 44   but at the end of the day i will lose it just the same  ?

 

Edited by waterdrop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, waterdrop said:

does it mean its not much use to gather qi  if its lost anyway 

 

There is a limit to how much Qi is spent per day, if you practice over this limit you are running a net positive balance sheet, i.e. your qi grows on daily basis.

 

The body somehow adapts to the increased Qi, it becomes norm of living eventually.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, waterdrop said:

 

lets say i  get enough sleep and put effort and 100% is organic    --   does it mean i will get a very big amount of qi ? 

 


Unfortunately, the quality will be there, but you can’t increase it because your body is limited to what it can absorb. Proper cultivation will prevent leakage, good health like some light cardio and strength training will improve vitality, so that you will have less leakage and more flow. Increasing capacity doesn’t happen overnight.

 

2 hours ago, waterdrop said:

and lets say i have that pile of qi in me  ....  i still need to take action to convert that qi into jing  or the fact i have huge amounts of qi will make some of it increase my jing (above the normal amount)  ?


You need the proper methods to do so.

 

2 hours ago, waterdrop said:

Also when i dont masterbaute  i get wet dreams  -  maybe in some high level in the future i could somehow avoid them but not at my current state  -  does it mean its not much use to gather qi  if its lost anyway  -  like i can put an effort and gather 66 units  instead of 44   but at the end of the day i will lose it just the same  ?


How old are you? You need to also understand that there’s lots of sensations of qi and that jing is a lot more than just semen ejaculate. 
 

You really should just consult Eric Isen or a TCM doctor at this point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are two kinds of chi, golden and lead. Golden chi comes from Empty and Lead chi comes from body. A daoist trainer convert lead chi into golden chi. If you have a healthier body, you have stronger chi to use. 

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites