Sign in to follow this  
Scholar

Am I feeling chi or just deluding myself?

So I can move "something" in my body, especialy after doing some qigong exercises(lifting the sky, mostly). Normaly my hands just feel hot, but in good days I feel an very strong tingly sensation in adition to the heat, and I can move that sensation(tingleness and hotness) around my body. Im very skeptical myself and I always think its my mind tricking myself, especially after I did it while I was carrying an dumbell(I could move that feeling to the tense arm, that was carrying tye weight), but I read somewhere in this forum that you should not feel chi if your muscles are contracted. Can someone give an opinion ? I dont know if im in the right path, so working towards that feeling may be improductive and even negative to my progress.

Thanks and sorry for my english, Im still learning it.

Qi is like dense pressure.

Like when I move hands apart it feels like dense resin. If I apply it on other person they will feel pain and burning heat :lol:

Tingling and heat is not qi, but can be a reaction of a body to qi.

You could try praying to @GSmaster to improve your Qi.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Chi sensations come in many forms. The examples you mentioned are common. The best way to feel Chi is do a 2-3 hr session of Chi Kung, then practice projecting chi at your hands or just pull your hands together and then apart. You'll likely feel some distinguishable sensations. 

Edited by RiverSnake
  • Like 3

Just keep doing your practices. If it's chi, the sensations will get stronger and more pervasive.

Fun stuff!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Scholar said:

So I can move "something" in my body, especialy after doing some qigong exercises(lifting the sky, mostly). Normaly my hands just feel hot, but in good days I feel an very strong tingly sensation in adition to the heat, and I can move that sensation(tingleness and hotness) around my body. Im very skeptical myself and I always think its my mind tricking myself, especially after I did it while I was carrying an dumbell(I could move that feeling to the tense arm, that was carrying tye weight), but I read somewhere in this forum that you should not feel chi if your muscles are contracted. Can someone give an opinion ? I dont know if im in the right path, so working towards that feeling may be improductive and even negative to my progress.

Thanks and sorry for my english, Im still learning it.

Hey Spin Qigong Sifu! Yep, you're feeling qi. There are five common sensations: heat, cold, tingles, pain, and itching. You'll know it and likely if you feel something, it's there, just don't overthink it. Think less, feel more. Simple as that. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 01/04/2020 at 4:44 AM, Earl Grey said:

Think less, feel more. Simple as that. 

exactly. It doesn’t matter.

Don’t try to move sensations around - just follow your training and don’t add or remove things.

its very difficult to feel Qi directly - and in my opinion you don’t even need to. There are many sensations that come about as a result of Qi - but that’s the result of Qi, not the Qi itself.

So a sensation is an indication of Qi moving but the sensation is not the Qi itself - just your nerves reacting to Qi.

• Like 6

You are in a right path. The chi sensations will move and change. If you spent more time to do it, you will find it.

Sign in to follow this