Limahong

Jim (Marblehead) crossed over the line on 8 December...

10 hours ago, Limahong said:

How is your cold... cooling off?

You are a kool kat.

691854942_1948501.gif?4

Haha, why yes it is much better bro, thanks! Good to see you back in fine style!

If you say i am i will wear it as a badge proudly.

• Like 2

From Love and Exuberance, to Misunderstanding, to Charged Emotional Reactions, to Dialogue, to Understanding, to Hugs.

I think Marbles would be grinning widely and with approval at the progression and process.

I'm grateful to you all in a way words are too small to express.

LOVE!

• Like 5

4 hours ago, silent thunder said:

LOVE!

Good morning Creighton,

I can feel these from you as a flow...

Love and Exuberance =>  Misunderstanding => Charged Emotional Reactions => Dialogue =>  Understanding => Hugs

Do you think that the following depict fairly well what have(d) been experienced at TDB recently... ?

th?id=OIP.2Yi4e3AjrYED2SZ0nHkU8AHaHa&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

308067.gif   tenor.gif

Can you feel the energy of the "progression and process"?

I think Marbles would be grinning widely and with approval

Hehehe...

I am grateful to you all in a way words are too small to express.

So am I...

Feelings over words?

- Anand

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, silent thunder said:

From Love and Exuberance, to Misunderstanding, to Charged Emotional Reactions, to Dialogue, to Understanding, to Hugs.

I think Marbles would be grinning widely and with approval at the progression and process.

It has been an amazing "progression and process." I think it´s just possible Marbles had something to do with it.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, wandelaar said:

So Marblehead really considered it OK to be knowingly wrong, or at least to refuse to consider evidence that might prove him wrong. I remember discussing quantum mechanics with him, and how he refused to reconsider his naive causal materialism in light of (if I remember correctly) the double slit experiment. To me it is hard to swallow when somebody refuses to change a provably false position when confronted with a refutation, even if that someone was Marblehead. But perhaps there is something to say for his claimed right to be wrong? I would be guilty of the same stubbornness if I wasn't ready to listen to argument in favour of Marblehead's motto. - Anybody?

To this I might add, the ANERISTIC PRINCIPLE, a hidden gem of Discordianism, reveals that no matter what filters we keep devising to drape over chaos, ultimate reality is ultimately unknowable. So, why not just have a ball and squint sideways at the world, making of it whatever one will, in whatever way best suits their goals. Provided they aren't hurting anyone. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, sean said:

My actual personality... I believe is quite easygoing and loving. 🙏

But of course... Hehehe...

Are these now unfolding at TDB ~ its heart chakra, middle dantin, heart of humanity... ?

tenor.gif&key=f3d6574fd20a658d3da0ca0804

How about its ~ jing => qi => shen?

th?id=OIP.krsWuIut9IdTNycp1VtXHgHaEK&pid=Api&P=0&w=270&h=152

Dawn breaks at the darkest hour... at TDB?

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Nintendao said:

Provided they aren't hurting anyone.

th?id=OIP.ScXCeODDvekMjIKgORs_nwHaEg&pid=Api&P=0&w=294&h=180     th?id=OIP.LsL8pGV3e5JT8nbrH44c5QHaLG&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300    th?id=OIP.ilh3eNilkq9cwWvaGSXcIQHaHV&pid=Api&P=0&w=180&h=179 

th?id=OIP.Rpjz8p3o2v2aT04ba_6OVQHaER&pid=Api&P=0&w=301&h=174    th?id=OIP.KMffBpZ_NEQdbrpg4RwVawHaD4&pid=Api&P=0&w=306&h=161

EXPRESSED ALREADY ON 8 DECEMBER 2019?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, manitou said:

(((((Marbles!)))))    (((Limahong)))

Hi Barbara,

I am complaining on the behalf of the rest.

Why did you give Jim five hugs but only three to each of us?

Your partiality is a  disgrace to the  manitou... airy-fairy community. You are so calculative!!!

Please respond within 12 hours.

th?id=OIP.1XzFsb66r8SnALV7GXCkMQHaHa&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

- Anand

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...

25 minutes ago, Limahong said:
12 hours ago, manitou said:

(((((Marbles!)))))    (((Limahong)))

Why did you give Jim five hugs but only three to each of us?

I just figured the Marblehug needed a little extra fuel in order to travel to Heaven.

2 minutes ago, Nintendao said:

I just figured the Marblehug needed a little extra fuel in order to travel to Heaven.

How do you know? Have you been there?

1 minute ago, Limahong said:

How do you know? Have you been there?

No but I work for some people from there, and judging by the spotty telephone reception it's pretty remote.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, sean said:

@Limahong I'd also like to apologize for the misunderstanding and for cursing at you.

Dear sean,

No apologies please... what are Bro's for?

12 hours ago, sean said:

I'm a weird human

Human is human...

Why are you weird?

Wired to someone's chakras?

Yin or Yang?

- Anand

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Nintendao said:

To this I might add, the ANERISTIC PRINCIPLE, a hidden gem of Discordianism, reveals that no matter what filters we keep devising to drape over chaos, ultimate reality is ultimately unknowable. So, why not just have a ball and squint sideways at the world, making of it whatever one will, in whatever way best suits their goals.

There is something to be said for that. Surely every human-made model of the world is flawed in some way or another. So why not just acknowledge that ones own position is flawed also. Discordianism looks like an interesting position  to ponder. Can you recommend a particular book about it?

6 hours ago, Nintendao said:

Provided they aren't hurting anyone.

But that's the problematic twist: if you hold on to a position that you know to be wrong you might not only hurt yourself, but others also as "collateral damage". Why? Because basing your decisions on a wrong idea about how the world functions might easily lead to dangerous and unhealthy action.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

It has been an amazing "progression and process." I think it´s just possible Marbles had something to do with it.

The kind of survival of death that Marblehead would have accepted is the survival of the memory of who he was and the way (some of) his ideas and approach have taken root in us.

Edited by wandelaar
  • Like 2

Hi All

I returned to TDB on 28 November 2019 and I posted this the following day...

On 11/29/2019 at 5:23 AM, Limahong said:

I have not arrived at TDB for  quite a while and I feel a paradigm shift now.

Such a shift is a part of living ~ neither good nor bad on the surface.

But good/bad in reality ~ to each his/her own...

For those who have been at TDB all the while, the shift may not be apparent. But I was away and I can feel the differential when I return.

On 12/2/2019 at 3:23 AM, Limahong said:

Has/can anyone felt/feel a certain energy flowing in/through this thread ~ in his/her own Way... in relation to Jim's Way?

What have we rubbed off from Jim per a perception of his embrace of the Tao? In some ways are we ONE with Jim?

On 12/3/2019 at 2:51 AM, Limahong said:

I am on sabbatical and had not been at TBD for quite a while. I now returned to start a thread in remembrance of Jim.

I had never started a thread before here and I fumbled a little at my maiden attempt. I returned with some trepidation ~ not knowing if I have done the right thing. But with Jim in focus ~ I am confidently energized... as always.

I feel his presence and energy... and the energy of those who love and still fondly remember him.

Jim may be happy to know that some of his Tao Bums are very well connected outside of TDB ~ through trusted socialization.

For those who are connected thus ~ they can figure out what I am trying to put across to Jim. Case in point... Brian.

Is the above analysis done thus far of interest to anyone?

Anyone wants me to continue?

- Anand

• Like 1

On 12/1/2018 at 4:35 AM, Marblehead said:

Keep in mind, I'm not average.

No, no he wasn't.

He still brings a smile to my face. He was pretty unique.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, wandelaar said:

The kind of survival of death that Marblehead would have accepted is the survival of the memory of who he was and the way (some of) his ideas and approach have taken root in us.

True.  Then again, he "reserved the right to be wrong."

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Limahong said:

Paradoxical.

Yes.  I think truth is always paradoxical, beyond language.  Perhaps this is why you so often post in pictures and prefer feelings to words?

1 hour ago, liminal_luke said:

True.  Then again, he "reserved the right to be wrong."

I think that Mablehead's position on life after death was that he didn't think it likely (on the basis of his materialist leanings), but that he wasn't absolutely sure about it. All much in the spirit of the Chuang tse.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2019 at 6:54 AM, sean said:

Left, right or religious - what does it matter, I'm doing pretty OK ...

Hi sean,

Left, right, wrong or religious - what does it matter...

th?id=OIP.3WzrrpffYzJCR8cTNdCeXgHaH6&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300            th?id=OIP.lVwV1BsIkiVKSyLw7FmWfwHaGR&pid=Api&P=0&w=178&h=152            th?id=OIP.jDV80LzGj1G3fqFrLHChqAAAAA&pid=Api&P=0&w=184&h=156

I'm doing pretty OK ... are you?

th?id=OIP.rudlv2BMfn83Mz5JTJXj3AHaJ2&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300     th?id=OIP.EgooIPABlOSjH8MZHzWv5wHaFj&pid=Api&P=0&w=233&h=175     th?id=OIP.Hco5g2RhZ_LrKHtIHTrZzAHaGj&pid=Api&P=0&w=181&h=160

- Anand

40 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

Yes.  I think truth is always paradoxical, beyond language.  Perhaps this is why you so often post in pictures and prefer feelings to words?

Yes.

th?id=OIP.n5OsdBcRRaD891j_suMfLgHaFP&pid=Api&P=0&w=235&h=167

... and music too.

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...
  • Like 1