Toni

What is your favourite exercise?

On 08/11/2019 at 12:44 AM, Nintendao said:

"Hundreds of exercises are not as good as simply walking; walking is the master of hundreds of exercises." ~ Li Zi Ming

The quote is from Ba Gua Zhang, but I like to think of it as universal. Anywhere from hiking a mountain trail, to milling about our daily tasks, if done with intention, can become a most graceful of movement arts.

This is a very big truth. I am glad a master also says it.

Edited by Toni
  • Like 2

Walking in the woods, on animal trails, through mildly rolling forested hills, with a walking stick, no matter what the weather is.  Doing it silently and leaving no trace behind. Stopping halfway through, to do Ba Duan Jin and Tai Chi. The whole circuit, 45-120 minutes a day depending upon your schedule.  Done 5-7 days a week, this will completely change your life--- guarranteed! *

*Set your phone to emergency calls only.

Edited by moment
  • Like 6

For me, at the moment, best is whats most convenient.  I'm working with the 'Grease the Groove' concept of frequent small bouts of exercise.  Mainly easy pushups and squats.  Whenever I'm in the kitchen I'll do a set or 2 of pushups against the counter top and stop before exhaustion, usually 35 to 40.  So, usually 120 or more a day.   In a week or two I'll mix in floor push ups. 

In my office I have 2 kettlebells and before I sit down I'll do an easy set of squats holding the KB, usually 10 to 15, depending on how I feel and if its the 36# or 54#.  Doing sets throughout the day.

With no gym, these are fast and easy.  They give my muscles a pump and so far I seem to be able to increase my volume.  I'm also a big believer in long walks, as it is good for the soul and anti-inflammatory for the body. 

• Like 5

Deep breathing in any form. I think the ability to be able to take this to work, family etc away from formal meditative practices has saved my bacon in this life.

• Like 2

On 08/11/2019 at 1:06 AM, Nungali said:

Its good for the lower back . I have a very bad lower back .  During the exercises .... I totally forgot about my bad back !  It was like it wasnt even there  ! 

This morning though  ........    :(

Truth!