Recommended Posts

I recently hear that the word Qi-gong and all qi gong arts are literally banned from america. I am terrified. Where is the help. We can't continue without this. Where is our future. Where is our information. THERE IS NO KNOWLEDGE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, theNERD said:

I recently hear that the word Qi-gong and all qi gong arts are literally banned from america. I am terrified. Where is the help. We can't continue without this. Where is our future. Where is our information. THERE IS NO KNOWLEDGE.

 

care to post some links that point to this.

There is a movement in some states to formalize it, with those practitioners

that monetize their practices.   In CA acupuncture went through the same process. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, theNERD said:

I recently hear that the word Qi-gong and all qi gong arts are literally banned from america. I am terrified. Where is the help. We can't continue without this. Where is our future. Where is our information. THERE IS NO KNOWLEDGE.

I'm not sure where you heard that but I'm inclined to believe that is false. There is a breath Qi Gong place right down the road from my house that clearly has signage that says Qi Gong.

 

If it were illegal States would not issue trade names or business licenses for these entities.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Kar3n said:

I'm not sure where you heard that but I'm inclined to believe that is false. There is a breath Qi Gong place right down the road from my house that clearly has signage that says Qi Gong.

 

If it were illegal States would not issue trade names or business licenses for these entities.

 

A quick search on the terms qigong law under news turned up this:

 

https://newsok.com/article/5621205/point-of-view-regulating-your-qi-in-oklahoma

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

 

A quick search on the terms qigong law under news turned up this:

 

https://newsok.com/article/5621205/point-of-view-regulating-your-qi-in-oklahoma

 

 

From the link

 

"His proposal would require those who wish to teach qigong to complete hours of education and pay the state for the privilege of working.

 

Oddly enough, many of these provisions have nothing to do with qigong."

 

It's not just teaching it goes on to include those who are monetizing their practices in other words making them commercial.

 

this happens to be in Oklahoma but many other states do the same things with other types of practices.

 

It bites both ways. many highly skilled practitioners complain about those who are less skilled or even fraudulent, wishing there was some type of regulatory agency.

 

People looking for qi gong work often have no way of understanding or knowing the level or depth of a practitioner's knowledge.

 

On the flip side.

 

For those with high-level skills it takes quite a long of time and very in-depth studies to achieve them.

 

In some cases  the requirements block more advanced practitioners of the practices. not due to their skill level but due to they have not fulfilled all the requirements to teach or monetize their practice in a state.

 

I often see this when applying to offer courses in taiji at local colleges.  Some almost requireing a teaching degree.

 

What this does, for those in college moving into these fields they go down and get a certificate in whatever field it is.

 

Because of their background in college are then allowed to teach.

 

While those having trained for a long time in their practices do not have the same background because of their practices.

 

In Asia, many top level masters are relatively unknown to those  outside their fields teaching in the many parks or private places.

Edited by windwalker
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, windwalker said:

 

From the link

 

"His proposal would require those who wish to teach qigong to complete hours of education and pay the state for the privilege of working.

 

Oddly enough, many of these provisions have nothing to do with qigong."

 

It's not just teaching it goes on to include those who are monetizing their practices in other words making them commercial.

 

this happens to be in Oklahoma but many other states do the same things with other types of practices.

 

It bites both ways. many highly skilled practitioners complain about those who are less skilled or even fraudulent, wishing there was some type of regulatory agency.

 

People looking for qi gong work often have no way of understanding or knowing the level or depth of a practitioner's knowledge.

 

On the flip side.

 

For those with high-level skills it takes quite a long of time and very in-depth studies to achieve them.

 

In some cases  the requirements block more advanced practitioners of the practices. not due to their skill level but due to they have not fulfilled all the requirements to teach or monetize their practice in a state.

 

I often see this when applying to offer courses in taiji at local colleges.  Some almost requireing a teaching degree.

 

What this does, for those in college moving into these fields they go down and get a certificate in whatever field it is.

 

Because of their background in college are then allowed to teach.

 

While those having trained for a long time in their practices do not have the same background because of their practices.

 

In Asia, many top level masters are relatively unknown to those  outside their fields teaching in the many parks or private places.

Humans are boring, can't do anything about that. It's not like one famous real master can change the entire planet. Those people would just be required same amount of dedication as the master to absorb the teachings unto themselves. And since that's not gonna happen, people have to serve the common people in order to earn a living. Which requires boring repetitive tasks, that offer no challenge. Which is easy, designed to be easy aswell. Which is good. Makes life easy.

 

Qigong is also easy.

You just take a chalkboard, and scratch your nails on it. There's your Qiii.

And you take a big gong instrument and smack it. And there's your gong.

Now if you scratch your nails on the chalkboard while also smacking the gong instrument?

Now you've got the Qiiiiiiiiii!!gOoooOoonnnnnnngg....!!

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Check out https://www.nqa.org/legislation-update

 

Acupuncturists, massage therapists, etc, have tried to legislate so that qigong would fall under their practice acts, which would mean that unlicensed people wouldn't be able to do it.

For example, we at the forum all know about Ya Mu's extensive qigong training and skill. Imagine if in his home state (which I think is Missouri), some acupuncturist with zero qigong training could call themselves a qigong practitioner, but he suddenly couldn't. That would suck!

The Oklahoma bill seems restrictive, to the point where even Ken Cohen spoke out strongly against it, but it was an attempt by one NQA board member to protect qigong against being regulated under other professions.

Since these processes have started, with acupuncturists and massage therapists trying to get qigong for themselves, to me it seems inevitable that qigong will eventually become regulated at least in some places. Especially as some qigong practitioners have gotten in trouble for giving really poor health advice, and states will want to protect the public by regulating them.

Edited by Aetherous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, windwalker said:

 

From the link

 

"His proposal would require those who wish to teach qigong to complete hours of education and pay the state for the privilege of working.

 

Oddly enough, many of these provisions have nothing to do with qigong."

 

What I got from the article is that the author is against the proposal, ie saying the provisions have nothing to do with gigong.  Seems like a wise position to me.  As windwalker points out, double edged sword, but hopefully in time, the charlatans lose out and the good stuff is acknowledged and rises to the top. 

 

Maybe government really needs is to warn people against bad practices.   My business like all others was required to have posters stating employees rights.  I could see a compromise of having to have a poster onsite with warnings, ones made up by good practitioners that might warn people against the dangerous or abusive practices, or at least having a link to internet site that discussed good practices from dangerous ones.  Made by practitioners and not government people.  maybe..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Aetherous said:

Since these processes have started, with acupuncturists and massage therapists trying to get qigong for themselves, to me it seems inevitable that qigong will eventually become regulated at least in some places. Especially as some qigong practitioners have gotten in trouble for giving really poor health advice, and states will want to protect the public by regulating them.

 

 

Acupuncture went through a similar process on the  west coast US back in the 70s.  

Some of the old time practitioners I knew didn't register for the program even though they were quite skilled

they were no longer able to practice their craft openly.   

 

There are people if one reads the article familiar with qi gong who will sit on the board.  Right now as I understand it, its an exploratory board made to make up and review the rules that would be enforced. 

 

Not a fan of the other practices you've written about cashing in on  qi gong practices but, being what it is, they may be the ones pushing to have it regulated. 

 

Just means that if one is monetizing what ever they do related to health,  people will expect the gov to have some type of guide lines to insure public safety.

 

Qi gong,  often written about and outlined,  can have profound influences on a persons life if they attempt it with out guidance.    

Even  what seems like simple practices depending on level and depth can change a person in ways that they may not understand

nor correct if something happens to be wrong or the practice is not suited for them. 

 

The problem being of course where does one go to fix something they've messed up....

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Why not just update your teachings?

 

Instead of qi gong, energy cultivation, teach qi dui zhun, energy alignment.

 

people can cultivate fear, and become a suicide bomber terrorist, due to very succesful energy cultivation of allot of discordant and fearful energies, which are misaligned energies with the actual true core nature of such individual.

 

but if you teach energy alignment, your energy cultivation will be subpart of that practice, only for the purpose of furthering the natural alignment of their energies with their true natural intentions and inclinations for their natural self contained peaceful and beneficial preference that is already inherent to every individual and does require initial guided cultivation before one can reap the full benefits of it.

 

For example peaceful energy cultivation, which naturally causes energy alignment with actual true nature of intentions. So misaligning with their natural inclination for peace, and wreaking havock in an attempt to compensate for misaligned, self contradicted energy, causing discordant energies to be given rise, in a failed attempt for peaceful cultivation, making the qigong appear corrupt, will not be due to your teachings of qi dui zhun, which would be the teaching of the exact opposite of that.

 

Sure you can say, someone fearful comes, for the purpose of learning to align their energies with vengeance that they seek, but this inherent corrupted intention still is evidenced by misaligned energies, self-contradictory energies of discordance that causes one to think that vengeance is a preferred energy cultivation, because the cultivation of fear has already taken place, and behind the corrupt intention of wreaking havock, still underlies the inherent true natural preference and intention for peace, capable of re-aligning with always, for this individual. As the corrupt intentions are evidenced by their own inner discordance and misalignment with their natural core true nature and intention for and preference of peace. So no matter the words that one speaks, the underlining energy alignment deems it necessary that one let's go of discordance prior initiating true beneficial Qi Gong.

 

So teaching energy alignment, Qi Dui Zhun, one can also incorporate the preparation for eventual true beneficial Qi Gong, by building the foundational energy alignment necessary for such a practice.

For example, meditating, to clear the energy field, prior to practicing the beneficial pure true natural energy cultivation one which is ment to enhance the natural inclination for energy alignment of any practitioner whatsoever, with their actual true core nature of their physical and non-physical greater soul being co harmonized co blending and alignment for a holistic and thus succesful practice and cultivation. And to align those energies, also incorporates shedding away energies of discordance and misalignment, primarily, prior to initiating the greater allowance of the greater natural energy alignment and cultivation required for furthering those greater allowed energy alignments of pure positive and beneficial and naturally aligned good energies which are cultivated due their already being always presently available for such an individual intending to cultivate these always readily available naturally containing energies of pure positive benefit. In alignment with their own actual true core nature, physical, non-physical and even universal.

 

At the foundation, one cannot cultivate a tree in a corrupt foundation. But when there is no corruption present, all energies are naturally inclined to align with the furthering of natural energy cultivation the happens naturally. And the qi gong would then be primarily to ensure the naturalness of the natural energy alignment that is already allowed for, by ensuring the alignment of energies to begin with.

Edited by Everything

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2019 at 3:42 PM, Everything said:

Humans are boring, can't do anything about that. It's not like one famous real master can change the entire planet. Those people would just be required same amount of dedication as the master to absorb the teachings unto themselves. And since that's not gonna happen, people have to serve the common people in order to earn a living. Which requires boring repetitive tasks, that offer no challenge. Which is easy, designed to be easy aswell. Which is good. Makes life easy.

 

Qigong is also easy.

You just take a chalkboard, and scratch your nails on it. There's your Qiii.

And you take a big gong instrument and smack it. And there's your gong.

Now if you scratch your nails on the chalkboard while also smacking the gong instrument?

Now you've got the Qiiiiiiiiii!!gOoooOoonnnnnnngg....!!

this guys a knife^ edgy leeft fucking titan

 

ayyy what does Ya Mu think about this shit. Also on the Dhamma wheel or Dharma wheel theres a post about the LDT being a sacral or thoraic pump a second aortic pump of sorts. I think it was by CaoTao. some taoist hindu cow or something. I want to further investigate the C.O.G. as not just a physical center of gravity but I need a friend in the 4th way to talk about initiation and that fluff. Yo. You like Phish. Who is Trey? have you seen gurdjieff's movie on the fourth way? It's really good. Anybody here lift weights? How about how to get in to a perfect masters degree in Tai Chi? I am about to take the GRE and I am a proficient reverse engineer in the house. Rice grains have been cooked off. Ritual over. Orgy Master has officially ended the game on the East coast.

-theNERD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites