Patrick Brown

I stayed with my abusive girlfriend out of fear she would kill me

5 hours ago, Patrick Brown said:

So there's no moderation in certain areas of this forum? Some people consistently post random crap and are rarely seem to post anything of value. Or perhaps I'm being overly sensitive?

All areas of the forum have moderation, some more stringent than others.

So again you're telling me there's no moderation in certain parts of this forum? What does PPD mean?

A PPD is a personal practice discussion. It is a dedicated forum created for members to discuss their practices or whatever they choose. It is moderated by the member. Staff only steps in when asked or in the case of forbidden content.

Oh so I can delete peoples comments on my own threads? I'll look into that! 

Yes, but only in a PPD.  Staff recommends hiding if any reports are to be made on the posts. No post, no report.

https://www.thedaobums.com/topic/35280-moderating-your-own-ppd/

https://www.thedaobums.com/topic/38370-personal-practice-discussion-thread-request/

There's nothing wrong with the videos I've posted on this thread. They're all from regular UK daytime TV I think. The fact that you say you might have to delete them is just inflammatory and antagonistic, isn't it?

I said nothing about deleting the videos. I said, the topic may be moved to off grid depending on the content. Please bear in mind that just because it is suitable for UK or American TV does not, by default, make it suitable for TDB public sub-forums.

Perhaps you're the one that should chill Karen? 

There really is no need to be nasty. I am trying to help you.

NO I CAN'T DELETE POSTS ON MY OWN THREADS SO CAN YOU EXPLAIN?

I said nothing of deleting your own content; I was speaking of other's posts you feel to be trolling. Should you decide to delete your own content, that can be done by editing or hiding them.

OH YOU MEAN I SHOULD DELETE A WHOLE THREAD I CREATE IF TROLLS TAKE IT OVER?

No, that is just ridiculous. You can ignore those whom you believe to be trolls and you will not longer see their posts.

GET A LIFE!!!

Don't get nasty. Calm down; please stop shouting. This is the internet and really nothing to get so upset over.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2019 at 7:39 PM, whitesilk said:

There exists men in our collective conscience that claim women abuse them. I am still screaming mentally at this issue, yet would like to help you understand that women aught be praised by their men. Absolutely praised for the heavenly goddess that every woman is capable to become.

The idea of praise brought to mind an article I shared here some time ago. I'm linking the entire thread. The pertinent article is in the first post, and the pertinent part of the article is about mid-way through it. It relates both to this thread and what can happen when spirituality gets skewed. For your own sake I would suggest treading lightly when it comes to the idea that every woman should be "absolutely praised" for the heavenly goddess she can become.

• Thanks 1

@ilumairen Thank you for the article. 

Why can't we say, these things can be wonderfully good for you, but maybe like a drug, it's better thought of as powerful, and used in a way that is responsible

My East Asian Culture teacher had a saying, "The qi goes with the li." In his context, he translated it to 'the energy goes with the virtuous.' What do you think that those monks did after hearing this heart wrenching story? Did it change their idea of us westerners? Or do stories like these change our western viewpoint of eastern monks?

yo i didnt read the whole post and replies yet but I am definitely down to watch this one grow. Women abusing men, Gay men abusing women gay men abusing hetero men.. this is not funny. some girls like to be slapped around by dominant men. psychological terror in america post 9/11 has turned america into a yin country. the yang's are being controlled by the masses "the masters of imagination" the waves of blood have already been spilled in tao. There is no hope for beta. Pink floyd the machine.. if you're eating meat do not follow me.

Edited by theNERD

7 hours ago, theNERD said:

. dominance and sumbission are part of life NOT TAO.

Ahh, but if you really look deeper at what you've stated as fact you will find that just like yin and yang they are complementary in that you can't have one without the other.

Life is full of give-and-take or as you're calling it, dominance and submission. Finding that sweet spot, harmony, in all things, is the essence of Tao.

• Thanks 1