Cameron

Kunlun New Jersey Workshop

I am still new to kunlun, but I would love more information on this gathering as I live in New Jersey.

Hey kids,

Ain't been Bummin' much lately, but I do have good news. We are confirming the hotel and dates for the New Jersey seminar. It looks like we will be at the Holiday Inn in the Meadowlands on May 3rd - 4th for a Kunlun level one workshop.

Max will also be teaching the Kunlun Medicine Workshop on the following Monday (May 5th) at 7pm.

Once we are under contract with Holiday Inn (should be in the morning), I will set up the online registration form through kunlunbliss.com.

One side note is that there will be no registering for private sessions until the day of the seminar and they will be somewhat limited in availability.

Hope to see you all there.

Cheers!

Chris

Xienkula1,

This has been discussed to death around here... everyone is pretty much argued out on both sides of the debate so you'll likely only get a tepid thread sparked up at the current time. If you search back in the day, you can find more lively discussions. Our webmaster is working on a separate Kunlun forum to help taobums get back to our original "school neutral" mandate and to avoid any sense of affiliation. Thanks for your patience on this matter. :)

Yours,

Yoda

Hmmmmm, now I have read some threads with feuds about the Kunlun and some discussions about the authenticity of Max. Did you try it and get results? Thanks for the recommendation Yoda, it satisfies some of the curiosity. I can't wait till the book arrives to see what is so particular about this "hack." It sounds similar to a lot of neigong and alchemy practices.

With Thanks,

XienKula

The East Coast is on! We have things finalized for the New Jersey Seminar.

Those interested in attending can sign up here.

Also, Sunday afternoon from 3-6 pm will be the medicine workshop for those who want to learn methods for applying the Kunlun energy in a healing manner. There will be some Mao Shan healing methods taught as well.

We are happy to finally be making it out and it looks like another good time is in store with all of our East coast friends.

Looking forward to seeing you Bums there.

Cheers!

Chris

He tends to cover standing, Kunlun, and Red Phoenix.

Is standing the same as the five elements? And could someone give a brief description of Red Pheonix since it is not in the book?

Standing is the same thing as the 5 elements. It is called the Maoshan 5 elements. Max requests that we not discuss the Red Phoenix practice.

I don't think he teaches the full Mao Shan 5 anymore. But basic standing with arms at the sides.

Atleast the last 2 workshops in Arizona that's how he taught it.

Probably that's better as I remember alot of people were having difficulty and shaking knees just with basic standing without raising the arms.

I thought I remember Mantra68 saying they were putting out a book on Maoshan standing but that was a few months ago.

I'm sure whatever he (Max) decides to teach will be worth the trek.

Been doing zhan zhuang since 1991 so I'm hoping that he does teach the 5 Mao Shan standing postures.

It's always interesting to compare other systems' zhuangs to those of yiquan.

John

It looks like I might be starting a new job and have to work weekends so I might not be able to make it. Does anyone know if you can get a private session from Max on Monday?

wasnt that to be included in an updated pillars book?

I think that's right. Haven't heard anything about that though.

Looks like I will be able to come to NJ!

Just waiting to here if Yoda is going to make it now.

So who all is coming besides the great AugustLeo and Joeblast?

I'm sure whatever he (Max) decides to teach will be worth the trek.

Been doing zhan zhuang since 1991 so I'm hoping that he does teach the 5 Mao Shan standing postures.

It's always interesting to compare other systems' zhuangs to those of yiquan.

John

Im hoping too.

I'll put in the request for 5 elements standing, but remember, you asked for it...

Just kidding, it's great. Very challenging and very rewarding.

See you there!