Lost in Translation

Light and Dark

13 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

private

Hi Dada-da,

It is now 5+am at my end.

The moon is going down and sun is coming up.

Need to sleep.

Good night/morning.

- LimA

Yeah, private in that I did not disclose anything you had not already made public.

Have a pleasant sleep.  Looking forward to your feistiness when you return.

1 minute ago, Starjumper said:

Do you have a picture of Yinny that you can share?

Hi Steve,

You piss off. I protected her as an absolute ALPhA male...

4 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

How about relative to a Viking?

Talk another time.

- Anand

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Lost in Translation said:

You may intend this comment to be lighthearted and joking but it has potential to be easily misunderstood.

Hi Lost in Translation,

I am DEAD serious...

34 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

Not interesting if one knows that he and I have discussed this concept in private and he made himself very clear when we spoke.  He also stated that he would be cautious when discussions such as this became active and I am sure he was being cautious so that he would not offend anyone.  I don't have that restraint when posting.

Thanks Dada-da.

- LimA

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Limahong said:
1 hour ago, Lost in Translation said:

You may intend this comment to be lighthearted and joking but it has potential to be easily misunderstood.

Hi Lost in Translation,

I am DEAD serious...

50 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

Not interesting if one knows that he and I have discussed this concept in private and he made himself very clear when we spoke.  He also stated that he would be cautious when discussions such as this became active and I am sure he was being cautious so that he would not offend anyone.  I don't have that restraint when posting.

Thanks Dada-da.

- LimA

I believe you. I also think you do not understand what you are saying or how your words might be perceived. I think you are accidentally offensive, which is a shame because I like you.

4 minutes ago, Lost in Translation said:

I believe you. I also think you do not understand what you are saying or how your words might be perceived. I think you are accidentally offensive, which is a shame because I like you.

Who you talking to?  Me or Lima?  I know that I am occasionally offensive.  I don't have a problem with that.

I really can't see where you could consider Lima as being offensive.  I may be biased because I like him.

Edited by Marblehead

6 minutes ago, Marblehead said:
10 minutes ago, Lost in Translation said:

Who you talking to?  Me or Lima?  I know that I am occasionally offensive.  I don't have a problem with that.

I really can't see where you could consider Lima as being offensive.  I may be biased because I like him.

I was talking to Lima.

This is spinning out of control. Misunderstanding piling upon misunderstanding. I think it's time for me to do other things for a while.

1 minute ago, Lost in Translation said:

I was talking to Lima.

This is spinning out of control. Misunderstanding piling upon misunderstanding. I think it's time for me to do other things for a while.

Thanks.  I agree.  Misunderstandings and assumptions.  I will stay and do my best to get the thread back on topic if I can get the inspiration.

Of course, I like you too so don't feel I was being one-sided.

13 hours ago, Lost in Translation said:

I like you.

13 hours ago, Marblehead said:

I like him.

Gentlemen - Thank you.

13 hours ago, Marblehead said:

I like you too so don't feel I was being one-sided.

From Marblehead => Lost in Transition.

Broadly I can sense a synergy of fellowship/camaraderie  at TDB ~ cases in point:

(a) the warmth extended to rene on her recent return.

(b) the relaying around silent thunder when he was in a medical condition per his recent past.

Like any other place on earth where people converged - TDB is has its share of yin/yang whatever. 

I have been at TDB for about 16 months and thus far I had glimpses of some good Light shining through making it an oasis of sorts as intended by Nature.

Oasis_Huacachina.JPG

What Light am I referring to? Nothing more than what I am trying to perceive within/behind these dynamic symbols among others:

tumblr_oqufsasD2O1sqszaeo1_400.gif

yin_yang_center.gif

tumblr_ndpljxvarT1so3q95o1_400.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=5125312

1ebdb4bdfcd083705b6c776ba35a881e.gif

I asked of myself - what did the creators of the above symbols had in mind when tasked to do the creations?

To-date I have yet to read the Tao Te Jing? Why? I am not ready to perceive the above for instance with the limitations of words but more with experiential exposures.

I try to have simple perceptions of the above as an apple tree. You may laugh at me. But I am fine - live and let live.

Each of us has our weaknesses/strengths (yin/yang). I try to do my best and forget the rest ~ but I am respectable to others/self.

I am a trained chemist and social science researcher. Please excuse my slants ~ without malice aforethought.

- LimA

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Limahong said:

Gentlemen - Thank you.

From Marblehead => Lost in Transition.

Broadly I can sense a synergy of fellowship/camaraderie  at TDB ~ cases in point:

(a) the warmth extended to rene on her recent return.

(b) the relaying around silent thunder when he was in a medical condition per his recent past.

Like any other place on earth where people converged - TDB is has its share of yin/yang whatever. 

I have been at TDB for about 16 months and thus far I had glimpses of some good Light shining through making it an oasis of sorts as intended by Nature.

Oasis_Huacachina.JPG

What Light am I referring to? Nothing more than what I am trying to perceive within/behind these dynamic symbols among others:

tumblr_oqufsasD2O1sqszaeo1_400.gif

yin_yang_center.gif

tumblr_ndpljxvarT1so3q95o1_400.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=5125312

1ebdb4bdfcd083705b6c776ba35a881e.gif

I asked of myself - what did the creators of the above symbols had in mind when tasked to do the creations?

To-date I have yet to read the Tao Te Jing? Why? I am not ready to perceive the above for instance with the limitations of words but more with experiential exposures.

I try to have simple perceptions of the above as an apple tree. You may laugh at me. But I am fine - live and let live.

Each of us has our weaknesses/strengths (yin/yang). I try to do my best and forget the rest ~ but I am respectable to others/self.

I am a trained chemist and social science researcher. Please excuse my slants ~ without malice aforethought.

- LimA

LimA, friend,

There is little reason for you to ever read the Tao Te Ching.

The original creator of the taiji symbol understood the dynamics of life... and the elaborate and very beautiful symbols you've shown us above are merely embellishments of that original essence and idea; the purity is all dressed up in party clothes!

In the same manner, the limited and beautiful words in the Tao Te Ching are nothing more than embellishments of the same dynamics of life. There is nothing new in the TTC that you do not already perceive; the words for you would merely be more pretty images that contain only a resemblance, a reflection; nothing more. And you already know the essence. Your posts reveal this.

Have a wonderful day!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, rene said:

LimA, friend,

There is little reason for you to ever read the Tao Te Ching.

The original creator of the taiji symbol understood the dynamics of life... and the elaborate and very beautiful symbols you've shown us above are merely embellishments of that original essence and idea; the purity is all dressed up in party clothes!

In the same manner, the limited and beautiful words in the Tao Te Ching are nothing more than embellishments of the same dynamics of life. There is nothing new in the TTC that you do not already perceive; the words for you would merely be more pretty images that contain only a resemblance, a reflection; nothing more. And you already know the essence. Your posts reveal this.

Have a wonderful day!

Hi Rene,

I would have to disagree a little about th Tao Te Ching. For me it is one of the most spiritually advanced writings available in the world today. It is also sublime in how it can be read at so many different levels. An excellent example of it can be found in chapter 28. It clearly states the layers/levels of realization all the way to being a “ruler” immortal. Such is not found anywhere else in any writing that I have ever seen.

Best,

Jeff

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Hi Rene,

I would have to disagree a little about th Tao Te Ching. For me it is one of the most spiritually advanced writings available in the world today. It is also sublime in how it can be read at so many different levels. An excellent example of it can be found in chapter 28. It clearly states the layers/levels of realization all the way to being a “ruler” immortal. Such is not found anywhere else in any writing that I have ever seen.

Best,

Jeff

Jeff, for those who need words - you are absolutely right! ^_^

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, rene said:

Viking is a verb.

Hi rene,

VLiking friends is more than a verb?

- LimA

9 minutes ago, Limahong said:

Hi rene,

VLiking friends is more than a verb?

- LimA

Primarily a verb.

An action verb - as zerostao says.

Dynamic, always in motion; in balance with that which is always still.

Such is the way.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rene said:

... for those who need words - you are absolutely right!

Hi rene,

You are a naughty Viking girl - relatively speaking.

tumblr_inline_mt11o5DrFI1rki0ej.gif

tumblr_inline_mr2n8kxEt01rki0ej.gif

- LimA

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Limahong said:

You are a naughty Viking girl - relatively speaking.

That reminded me of a real life experience.

Many years ago when I was still working and married I was about getting info for a project and the CEO's receptionist was leaving the floor the same time I was.  We were standing waiting for the elevator and I just happened to have a small bag of candy with me.

I said, "Hi little girl.  Would you like a piece of candy?"  She responded, "You dirty old man."

But then she came over and got a piece of candy from the bag.

I didn't take it any further and I kind of regret it.

1 hour ago, Jeff said:

For me it is one of the most spiritually advanced writings available in the world today.

Hi Jeff,

Is perception without writings more spiritually advanced?

Can we touch base with the essence of Tao Te Jing - spiritually with our heart, body and mind through firsthand experiences?

If so, can I superimpose my such perceptions on this... ?

2218d6ff082bed63560259dba306fa86.jpg

If anyone were to ask what is meant by "spiritually" - my response will be "to each his/her own". 

Why?

- LimA

Yeah, my first "spiritual" experience was after I had declared to myself that I am an Atheist and before I even heard about Taoism or the TTC.

But really, I have to agree with Jeff too because for me understanding a little of the TTC helped me symbolically clarify in my mind some of my inner feelings and reactions to input.

5 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

But really, I have to agree with Jeff too because for me understanding a little of the TTC helped me symbolically clarify in my mind some of my inner feelings and reactions to input.

Hi Dada-da,

To each his/her own - above your own?

- LimA

6 minutes ago, Limahong said:

Hi Dada-da,

To each his/her own - above your own?

- LimA

Yes, for sure my own.  Unless I am quoting someone everything I post here is my understanding or opinion.  My understandings and opinions work for me - no promise they would work for anyone else.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

Yes, for sure my own.  Unless I am quoting someone everything I post here is my understanding or opinion.  My understandings and opinions work for me - no promise they would work for anyone else.

You are not my Dada-da for nothing.

Marblehead

giphy.gif

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rene said:

zerostao says

Hi rene,

zerostao says - action verb.

first time that i have heard.

you say primarily a verb.

i say - relatively unheard.

dynamic - always in motion.

static and without emotion.

dynamic/static - in balance.

he/she say - good heavens.

such is their way.

have a good day.

- LimA

• Like 1

On 7/18/2018 at 1:12 PM, Lost in Translation said:

"The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao. The name that can be named is not the eternal name."

b3926e4a13982f1af715f172ae51d686.jpg

The+Tao.jpg

the-tao-that-can-be-spoken-is-not-the-true-tao.jpg

th?id=OIP.bPXRXoaaxUBjuJrDH7r8aAHaGL&pid=15.1&P=0&w=189&h=158

giphy-downsized-large.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

laotzu237.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 1