voidisyinyang

Why the pineal gland is the third eye, the cavity of Yuan Qi

So this "teacher" reads and translates Daoist books. That is great. But his "experience" in meditation appears to be lacking.

He says here the third eye is not the pineal gland - and technically he is true. The third eye is one of the "ancestral cavities" but it is NOT the "mysterious gate" - which is to say that the Shen of No Shen is the "mysterious gate" - and yet the pineal gland DOES act as a psychic transducer of the Shen via the qi energy that emanates out of the pineal gland.

And so in this "series" of short vids he gives on the pineal gland - he asks - why isn't it the pituitary gland? Well we know already that SillyBearHoneyEater rejects the Daoist book "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" but his "rejection" was based on inaccurate claims - that I addressed already. And so if his rejection was inaccurate - we can infer that he probably has not read the book in much detail. For example he claimed that the "heel breathing" was not described in any DAoist neidan books and since he rejected the Taoist Yoga book as NOT being Neidan, therefore he can not consider the heeling breathing details in that book! Too funny.

Now back to the pineal gland - if we consider the Taoist Yoga book - it appears Coons is making a reference to the Taoist Yoga book since Coons refers to a "pea sized" gland - and YES this is precisely how Taoist Yoga book describes it - and so Coons is quoting the Taoist Yoga book without giving the reference. And yet since he does not give the REFERENCE therefore he can quote it as a "strawman argument" without giving the further details.

So now let's turn to the book itself that we can just quote directly.

Edited by voidisyinyang
  • Like 1

https://archive.org/stream/TaoistYogaAlchemyAndImmortalityLuKuanYCharlesLuk/Taoist Yoga Alchemy and Immortality Lu K’uan Yü (Charles Luk)_djvu.txt

OK so we can word search this link.

we'll start with the simple word "pea"

oops. Too many hits.

Oh but wait - it's not PEA but PEA-RL.

So we can see how Coons may have remembered it incorrectly.

(in the centre of the brain behind) the spot between the eyes. Lao Tsu called it ‘the gateway to heaven and earth’; hence he urged people to concentrate on the centre in order to realise the oneness (of all things). In this centre is a pearl of the size of a grain of rice, which is the centre between heaven and earth in the human body (i.e. the microcosm); it is the cavity of prenatal vitality. To know where it lies is not enough, for it does not include the wondrous light of (essential) nature which is symbolised by a circle which Confucius called virtuous perfection (jen) ;

O.K. now let's consider this quote.

IN THE CENTRE OF THE BRAIN.

What does science say about the pineal gland?

Pineal gland function: Definition and circadian rhythm

Nov 1, 2017 - Once called the third eye, the pineal gland is a gland located deep in the center of the brain.

So that's just a medical news site - not some New Age site.

Now let's consider Coons claim that the pituitary gland could just as easily be this Pea (or I mean PEA-RL) sized gland....

So just to be fair - I do the same search only I change the word from pineal to Pituitary. So I search this:

Pituitary gland is in the center of the brain. Here is the answer:

Pituitary Glands: Anatomy & Function of the Master Gland | Pituitary ...

This small, bean-shaped gland is located below the brain in the skull base, in an area called the sella turcica.

Oops - Coons strikes out.....

Edited by voidisyinyang

O.K. now let's consider Coons dismissing DMT - well, since I have experience testing full lotus meditation with DMT-based plant root "medicine" - then I can corroborate that indeed DMT does "crack" open the pineal gland - but anyway the specific claim is that DMT itself is produced by the pineal gland and this is what creates the third eye visions.

Well first of all that is NOT how DMT "works" - DMT is a strong serotonin receptor agonist. Which is to say - DMT dramatically increases the serotonin levels in the brain. And so like psychedelics similar to LSD - what has been shown by science is that the blood flow in the brain goes down and yet more areas of the brain are activated. And so what science is realizing is that there is some deeper level of neuron activation that is not based on blood. And so this is precisely what the microtubule model of consciousness explains - and it is also corroborated by anesthesiology.

Although the serotonin system has been thought to be the main contributor to the psychedelic effects of DMT,

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5048497/

uptake of DMT into neuronal cells is accomplished via serotonin uptake transporters (SERT) on neuronal plasma membrane (Berge et al., 1983, Nagai et al., 2007, Whipple et al., 1983). In step 3, facilitated sequestration of DMT into synaptic vesicles from the cytoplasm is accomplished by the neuronal vesicle monoamine transporter 2 (VMAT2; Cozzi et al., 2009). DMT inhibited radiolabeled 5-HT uptake via the serotonin transporter (SERT) and VMAT2 with Ki values of 4 and 93 μM, respectively (Nagai et al., 2007; Cozzi et al., 2009). DMT that has been taken up and stored within cells via SERT and VMAT2 and exhibit high binding-to-uptake ratios, >11 for SERT and >10 for VMAT2. High binding ratios suggest that there are separate substrate and inhibitor sites for SERT and VMAT2 and further supports that DMT (and other tryptamines) are substrates for both transporters.

So in other words serotonin is prevented from being "uptaked"

O.K. so now to relate this back to meditation.

The argument by Mantak Chia's collaboration with some DMT dude - is that the Cave meditation or dark room meditation then naturally increases pinoline MAOI via increased melatonin which then naturally stops the breakdown of DMT - thereby producing the spiritual visions.

But we have now just shown that what really produces the "visions" is actually the increased serotonin! And the research of quantum biology has something to say about serotonin and microtubules.

On the possible quantum role of serotonin in consciousness | Journal ...

by L Tonello - ‎2015 - ‎Cited by 14 - ‎Related articles
Lucio Tonello*, Massimo Cocchi*, †, Fabio Gabrielli*, Jack A. Tuszynski‡, § ... Microtubules (MTs) in particular have been implicated in some recent quantum ... by photons and have been touted as evidence of quantum processes in biology.

Alright before we delve into that vid more specifically - then we need to go back to the other vid - in which Coons is stating that the light going to the pineal gland triggers hormone levels and that is also. But I have already posted science showing otherwise.

Yes in fact someone just cited that research I posted....https://www.thedaobums.com/topic/46486-photic-info-as-evil-fire-of-the-heart-why-the-testes-are-the-sons-of-the-kidneys-as-life-force-qi/

The afferent [meaning signal directed to] input to the pineal gland is transmitted from the retinal photoreceptors through the SCN and sympathetic nervous system.

The SCN may also directly transmit photic information to the adrenal gland.

So now keep in mind - I discovered this research BECAUSE of my Daoist training. Not the other way around.

And this is my point about Coons - apparently he lacks the experience in his meditation - and maybe he just....we'll I can not tell him what to do but....

My point is I know that the pineal gland is a psychic transducer because of my meditation training and experience in the real world. And because of that - then I reverse-engineered the science research. And that's why I know what to look for in the science. haha.

So I have now presented real science that shows, contrary to Coons claims  that the Pineal gland receives photic information through the SCN which also transmits it to the adrenal gland.... and so there is a direct connection between the pineal gland, the photic information and the adrenal gland. This is EXACTLY what Taoist Yoga, the book, details.

I don't quote the  Taoist Yoga book in that that thread - so now's the chance....

True nature is prenatal vitality in its cell (ch’i pao) on the top of the medulla oblongata. If vitality is allowed to pass through the back of the head and down to the base of the spine to drain away through the anus and genital organ, its exhaustion will cause death.

And then watch drew build a straw man...... 

So there is another FALSE ACCUSATION against me - with no evidence.

So just to debunk this new lie - let's transcribe the relevant parts of the videos I am referring to - by Coons on the pineal gland.

When I say "let's" I mean - as a joke - "Let's ME"  not as "let's" is normally used - as in "let's you."....

O.K. now to the video from the OP. It sounds like Coons has a Canadian accent. I'm just "guessing" - but as  minnesotan I have a similar accent.

"Whether the pineal gland is the third eye or not...Short answer: not. In mammals the pineal gland is not the third eye."

OK I tested 98% in biology in the ACT - and a third of my college undergraduate - university classes were in biology. So I know a bit of biology. To say the pineal gland is not the third eye in mammals is on the same level of saying the right side vagus nerve is not used by mammals to play dead. The right side vagus nerve is used by reptiles to play dead BUT the right side vagus nerve is ALSO the secret to samadhi training for humans (and we are mammals). Therefore logically the pineal gland also can not be dismissed just because of its supposed "third eye" role in reptiles, but not in mammals. So he's using faulty logic here - as a projection of his Western science onto nonwestern training.

produces melatonin.

O.K. what was that again? I  paused it so will go back to get the full sentence.

Ah the pineal gland is a gland that ..um.. produces melatonin, which regulates our sleep cycles, o.k. So...the pineal gland is related to our circadian rhythm. And the pineal gland also seems to have a relationship with sexual maturity.

O.K. so now - I just posted the study on this... activating the vagus nerve INCREASES melatonin levels (produced by the pineal gland). Thereby corroborating the first claim I made above - that the right side vagus nerve indeed increases the pineal gland activation. You want evidence? Sure you do right? Or are you just gonna dismiss this because you are "disappointed" or "not interested?" haha.

So I search in google: Pineal gland, vagus nerve, melatonin.

Protective effects of an interaction between vagus nerve and ...

by N Shahrokhi - ‎2016 - ‎Cited by 2 - ‎Related articles
Keywords: Vagus nerve, Melatonin Ischemia/reperfusion Oxidative stress ... Melatonin as a neurohormone is basically produced in the pineal gland and also in ...

Transcutaneous Auricular Vagus Nerve Stimulation Triggers ...

by S Li - ‎2014 - ‎Cited by 9 - ‎Related articles
Oct 27, 2014 - Decreased circulating melatonin is implicated in depression. ... The taVNS stimulates the afferent auricular branches of vagus nerve that project to ... Pineal gland was removed from rats by referring to a reported method [17].
Mar 27, 2012 - Unlocked The POWER of the Pineal Gland ~ Was Acknowledged and ... Melatonin causes you to experience calmness, serenity, and peace. .... Your Vagus Nerve begins in the Limbic system, and is the main bundle of wiring ...

Melatonin modulates the lightâ•'induced sympathoexcitation and vagal ...

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1469-7793.2003.00317.x/pdf
that electrical lesion of the anterior hypothalamus can ... gastric vagal parasympathetic nerve activity, which was affected neither by hepatic vagotomy nor by.

OK so maybe something Coons doesn't realize is that melatonin is by far the strongest natural antioxidant in the body.

And also it should be pointed out that the Earthing as "yin qi" energy creates internal tingling that "neutralizes free radicals." So that is also what antioxidants - such as melatonin does - they neutralize free radicals that cause aging.

So Coons then as I quoted - let's quote him again to emphasize, once again, this is NOT a "strawman argument."

Ah the pineal gland is a gland that ..um.. produces melatonin, which regulates our sleep cycles, o.k. So...the pineal gland is related to our circadian rhythm. And the pineal gland also seems to have a relationship with sexual maturity.

O.K. so first of all the qigong master I took classes from - http://springforestqigong.com he did 49 days of full lotus cave meditation with NO SLEEP. So we know that - basic science on melatonin - is that from 11 pm to 1 am your pineal gland kicks out melatonin. But we ALSO know that, just as with serotonin, the lower body actually makes MORE melatonin than the pineal gland. And so in deep meditation - you can bypass the "igorance" of sleep - since you are naturally increasing your melatonin levels through deep vagus nerve activation.

Also we know that this "fetus" breathing or immortal breathing - the reproductive organ - to quote Master Nan, Huai-chin - contracts like a baby - and so what is happening is that the lecithin that is normally used for "sexual maturity" as Coons calls it - is now being "reversed" - and so increases the pineal gland and the thymus gland.

And so this is why the N.I.H. did testing of timing cancer drugs synchronized with the pineal gland from 11 pm to 1 am because that is again when the brain produces the most melatonin. And so the objective is like a gravity "swing" - to leverage the antioxidants of the circadian cycle, to increase the power of the cancer drugs. Similarly in qigong (insert fancy marketing Chinese term of your preference) - then the best time to meditate is 11 pm to 1 am. The melatonin of the brain is then at its fullest around 2 a.m.

• Like 1

So now let's look at those studies that connect the pineal gland to the vagus nerve - because as I just said - more melatonin is actually produces in the lower body. And this is cited in my "Idiot's Guide" pdf. So first we go to the Idiot's Guide to find the reference.

http://perceivebelieve.tumblr.com/post/159904989496/the-idiots-guide-to-taoist-alchemy-qigong

OK we got the link - now we word search melatonin.

the lunasensor hypothesis about the role of the pineal gland as a peculiar gravisensor...At the full moon, for example, the EEG delta activity in humans was reduced by 30% in the deeper stages of sleep, and evening melatonin secretion was also greatly suppressed [11].

OOPS - what do we find? The pineal gland is a psychic transducer or gravisenor - with increased activation at the full moon - thereby decreasing the melatonin levels. In other words people are kept awake more by the stronger Lunasenor resonance energy.

I'm not getting any hypertext in this cut and paste version. So let's open up another version........

18 minutes ago, voidisyinyang said:

O.K. now to the video from the OP. It sounds like Coons has a Canadian accent. I'm just "guessing" - but as  minnesotan I have a similar accent.

hmmnn, so what I'm getting out of this, is that you might be Coons. 

now it all makes sense. 

• Haha 2

OK we'll open it as a pdf......

https://www.pdf-archive.com/2017/04/10/idiot-s-guide-to-taoist-alchemy/

Over 13,500 views or downloads? Views. So now we downloaded it....

Word search melatonin again....

NOW we get a hypertext link (but I can not copy/paste this version. I was able to before but then suddenly daobums stopped letting me do that. haha)....

http://protein.bio.msu.ru/biokhimiya/contents/v79/full/79101316.html

And so here we are - the link at last!

We found that some morphological properties of the pineal gland and submandibular salivary gland of mice are significantly distinct at the new and full moon. We suppose that the differences are initiated by the displacements of the electron-dense concretions in the secretory vesicles of pinealocytes.

Hmm - ELECTRON - as in Qi energy....

So no longer just melatonin.

O.k. now we check to see who cited this research....Wow - the journal Nature - the top science journal in the world....

Bipolar mood cycles and lunar tidal cycles

TA Wehr - Molecular psychiatry, 2018 - nature.com
In 17 patients with rapid cycling bipolar disorder, time-series analyses detected synchronies
between mood cycles and three lunar cycles that modulate the amplitude of the moon's semi-
diurnal gravimetric tides: the 14.8-day spring–neap cycle, the 13.7-day declination cycle and …

It says Nature.com but is it really?

Yep - so suddenly we've moved from "fringe" science - to CUTTING-EDGE science on the Pineal Gland as a gravitational "electron" sensor- transducer. Precisely the qigong claim I made based on my own training experience!!

It would seem that Coons can not FEEL his pineal gland? I know I can "flex" mine at will - but again this is just the ANCESTRAL CAVITY - whereas to have the MYSTERIOUS GATE requires building the energy up - through increase jing to increased qi to increased shen.

OK so Western science is now acknowledging the pineal gland with this special psychic connection - but Western science still does not know the SOLUTION to the problem - in other words the vagus nerve connection to the pineal gland and how to increase the lower body melatonin levels into the brain....

So let's go back to my pdf and see what I said on this - what reference did I give....

Handbook of Biological Effects of Electromagnetic Fields, Third Edition

Another model of ELF magnetic interactions that has received recent attention is the possible effect of these fields on the triplet state yield in radical-mediated charge transfer processes….phosphenes which have been shown to be induced by…ELF magnetic fields…coupled ELF electric fields applied to the head in the region of the eyes….the effect of ELF magnetic fields on nocturnal melatonin synthesis in the pineal gland is mediated by effects of these fields on visual pathways

So then cryptochrome, found in plants and animals, is being studied as a primary receptor of ELF resonance harmonics. Cryptochrome, a blue light photoreceptor in the human eye resonates via ELF waves. Just as birds are modeled to use quantum entanglement “beats” for migration via ELF cryptochrome resonance, so too are other animals, including humans.

The journal Nature 2015 has a study of cows and ELF fields showing a decrease in pineal gland melatonin in the winter.

O.K. so NOW we have a direct connection between the EYES and the external qi - the ELF energy - and the melatonin levels in the pineal gland! Fascinating....

Let's see what else is in the Idiot's Guide...

The result considers that serotonin is the most effected since the summer result was contrary to the winter, so that the ELF waves repress the conversion of serotonin to melatonin during the winter when serotonin is low due to short day length. This is why the winter is considered a good time for meditation, to increase the yuan qi from the increased darkness.

We now find science confirming this connection of Yuan Qi as ELF energy tied to quantum nonlocal consciousness through the eyes connecting to the pineal gland! Also just as with

Taoist Yoga

Alchemy we find a stronger seasonal variation in the energy - so that the melatonin is higher for deep body healing meditation during the winter while during the summer dopamine and serotonin are higher for more physical activity.

“A human source for ELF magnetic perturbations” by A. R. Liboff

, in

ELECTROMAGNETIC BIOLOGY AND MEDICINE

May 2015 gives a scientific model for this ability of humans to send external ELF energy to other humans.

I know as a qigong healer, the united shen-qi leaves out of the eye balls via the pineal gland - causing my eye balls to pulsate with ELF waves! I had one qigong student who read me work online then visit the qigong center and the qigong master informed me that I knew him already from online and o.k.’d him to visit me. As I sat next to him in full lotus he suddenly noticed that my eyeballs were pulsating! haha. I knew they were but I had never had someone else comment about it!

http://emmind.net/ the Electromagnetic Mind website gives links on the related science research exploring this alchemical reality.

If “gravity” waves share a similar source of variance to Zero Point Vacuum
Potentials [37], then the “coincidental” similarities of the threshold Landauer value for
information dissipation into entropy or its emergence from it and the amplitude
fluctuations of the ~8 Hz subthreshold variations could reflect one intercept between
human brain activity, the Schumann frequencies and “gravitational” phenomena.

A Fugal Discourse on the Electromagnetic Coupling of Electromagnetic Processes in the Earth-Ionosphere and the Human Brain pdf

by Kevin S. Saroka 2016 Ph.D. for Michael Persinger and here Saroka and Persinger

16 minutes ago, thelerner said:

now it all makes sense. 

O.K. - so this isn't the only science on how ELF waves are connected to "gravity waves" - but let's not get into that right now. Let's keep searching the "hits" on melatonin in the pdf.

Yeah the rest is on serotonin - which is proven to increase melatonin levels, as the serotonin levels build up.

O.K. so now let's turn to the "hits" on the vagus nerve and the pineal gland -

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4823619/

Protective effects of an interaction between vagus nerve and melatonin on gastric ischemia/reperfusion: the role of oxidative stress

now it all makes sense. 

So this study details how the antioxidants are greatly increased as a byproduct of vagus nerve activation - thereby corroborating my claim. And also debunking Coons claim that because the pineal gland is the "third eye" ONLY for reptiles - therefore it can not be such for mammals. The point being that deep right side vagus nerve activation is normally a "reptile" trait but is ALSO utilized through nonwestern spiritual training - and increases the "reptilian" pineal gland activation.

PLoS One. 2014; 9(10): e111100.
Published online 2014 Oct 27. doi:  10.1371/journal.pone.0111100
PMCID: PMC4210269
PMID: 25347185

Transcutaneous Auricular Vagus Nerve Stimulation Triggers Melatonin Secretion and Is Antidepressive in Zucker Diabetic Fatty Rats

So this is what "auricular acupuncture" does - and so the vagus nerve activation goes to the pineal gland!!

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4210269/

Edited by voidisyinyang
  • Like 1

OK let's go back to COONS - we've already proven that he is not up to date on the KNOWN science of the pineal gland!!

He goes into boys gonads - which is kind of creepy.

Then he goes into "calcification" -  which is not really that relevant.... he says the "decalcifying of the pineal gland has not been proven." Right - again it's not that relevant because since I've already cited the science that at Full Moons the pineal gland produces less melatonin - and so due to "electrons" - which are produced by piezoelectric pressure. And so "calcification" may or may not be a bad thing in terms of the pineal gland as the third eye....

As for electron-dense particles in murine pinealocytes, they are known as calcified material.

http://protein.bio.msu.ru/biokhimiya/contents/v79/full/79101316.html

It is composed of calcified inclusions. Our experimental observations reported here are consistent with the hypothesis that argues that these inclusions are used in the brain as a component of a special lifelong clock that is necessary to control the course of development and then aging in time.

And so by "reversing aging" in qigong - then the pineal gland electron energy is increased - and this is through the calcified material.

Since redistribution of the vesicles containing osmiophilic electron-dense inclusions, i.e. peculiar micrograins, and other morphological changes are in accordance with the phases of the moon, one can deduce that the cause of the observed changes is also based on the lunar influence.

In other words the particles or micrograins are being resonated by the full moon and this is why yogic meditation resonates the full moon energy.

intrapinealocytic electron-dense concretions, or so to say micrograins, are actually redistributed in a manner coordinated with the phases of the moon. We suppose that regular changes in the gravitational influence of the moon are perceived by the cells of the pineal gland with the help of their vesicles, which simultaneously have both electron-dense osmiophilic micrograins and bioactive substances. ...artificial, though harmless, shutdown of this pacemaker could become the most radical procedure to repeal aging.

Ok that quote didn't come through before - on the vagus nerve and melatonin levels....

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4823619/

The stimulation of vagus nerve significantly enhanced these effects of melatonin. However, a stimulation of vagus nerve alone increased neutrophils infiltration and MDA level. Melatonin significantly increased the activities of catalase, glutathione peroxidase (GPx), superoxide dismutases (SOD). Unlike stimulation of vagus nerve, vagotomy decreased these effects of melatonin.

O.k. now we can turn this around - and show that LIGHT or SHEN going into the EYES then also activates the sympathetic nervous system while darkness activates the vagus nerve - via the pineal gland!!

https://physoc.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/j.1469-7793.2003.00317.x

The present study was conducted in mice to address whether light signals conveyed to the SCN can control peripheral autonomic functions, and further examined the impact of centrally administered melatonin on peripheral autonomic functions via activation of melatonin receptor signalling. In vivo electrophysiological techniques were performed in anaesthetised, open‐chest and artificially ventilated mice whilst monitoring the arterial blood pressure and heart rate.

and?

Conversely, light rapidly suppressed the gastric vagal parasympathetic nerve activity, which was affected neither by hepatic vagotomy nor by total subdiaphragmatic vagotomy.

but Western science still does not know the SOLUTION to the problem - in other words the vagus nerve connection to the pineal gland and how to increase the lower body melatonin levels into the brain....

Now the study I cited - happened to be on the Acupoint of the Auricular vagus nerve (inner ear) activation - connection to the pineal gland - but reading further - the study discovered something very fascinating! It did discover the SOLUTION.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4210269/

So these are Chinese scientists....

acupuncture works through the modulation of extrapineal melatonin secretion. Beside the pineal gland, melatonin is also secreted from retina, digestive tract, born marrow, skin, kidneys, ovaries, testis, circulating leukocytes, and many other sources [28]. It should be noted that, these extrapineal melatonin sources not only have a huge total volume, some of them are also rich in melatonin, for example, the melatonin pool of gastrointestinal tract [29] and bone marrow [30]. The concentration of melatonin in both pools surpasses blood melatonin levels by 2 to 3 orders of magnitude and the gastrointestinal tract alone contains over 400× more melatonin than in the pineal gland [29]. A critical factor beneficial for the acupuncture to functionally release melatonin from these extrapineal sources is that they are innervated by vegetative nervous system and the release of melatonin therefrom is out of the photoperiodical regulation [29], [30].

And so my "solution" - is now corroborated by science!!

• Like 2

OK Now we have to go back to my pdf Idiot's Guide - but before doing so - we go to a 2018 study...

http://www.mdpi.com/1420-3049/23/2/301/html

O.K. so what this article details is that the Pineal Gland is also the 2nd highest "filter" of blood - after the kidney. And so it was proposed that the melatonin is created from the blood and then turned into the CSF (cerbrospinal fluid) melatonin....But now it is realized that actually the melatonin in the CSF is NOT from the blood....

It was hypothesized that pineal gland may function like the kidney as a blood filter to generate CSF; ....Anatomically, a portion of pineal gland is nakedly-exposed into the CSF of the third ventricle (bathed by the CSF) [128] and many canaliculi of the pineal gland directly open into the CSF of third ventricle [129,130,131,132]. Pineal melatonin via these canaliculi is directly discharge into the CSF. This results in extremely high melatonin level in the CSF of pineal recess of third ventricle. In the sheep, the melatonin levels in the CSF of pineal recess of third ventricle are several orders of magnitude higher than those in the blood [133,134]. A melatonin concentration gradient in the CSF around the pineal recess of third ventricle was observed [135]. This indicated that the main source of CSF melatonin originated from the pineal recess of the third ventricle. The high melatonin levels in CSF have been reported in different species [136]. It is obvious that there are, at least, two parallel melatonin secretory routes, i.e., the general circulation and the CSF (Figure 3)....However, it is known that the CSF melatonin is not from the blood but it is directly derived from the pineal gland...food-derived melatonin may have the chronobiological effects.

So Western science is still not sure - what the connection is between blood melatonin (from the gut) and pineal gland produced melatonin ... but we NOW know that acupuncture increases the blood melatonin - and it does not originate from the pineal gland. And so by increasing vagus nerve activation, we increase blood melatonin - which then is CONVERTED to CSF melatonin....

Now Western science considers this a possibility - but if we turn to a qigong study we find corroboration for this possibility.

Ma (6) and Xia et al. (7) discovered that in the CNS, 5-HTP [serotonin] increased, dopamine decreased, and the metabolism of norepinephrine fell by 60%. It was also reported that frequent Qigong practice rendered the production and excretion rate of 5-HTP two to three times higher than the normal….After Qigong exercise, the blood levels of serotonin (5-HT) decreased,

http://yang-sheng.com/?p=3829

So where does that serotonin go if it leaves the blood? Into the cerebrospinal fluid via the pineal gland! How do we know this?

To study the effects of Brain Wave Vibration on serotonin production, Prof. [Arita] Hideo had a group of people practice Brain Wave Vibration for 15 minutes on three separate occasions. He found that the group had an average serotonin level of 186 [nanograms per milliliter] before the training. Immediately after experiencing Brain Wave Vibration, the subjects’ levels increased to an average of 210. These effects were shown to remain relatively stable, as the average serotonin level one hour after training averaged 200.
__The study also showed an increase in alpha wave production, the brain-wave state associated with waking relaxation and greater blood flow in the brain, especially in the prefrontal cortex.

And what does the pineal gland do? It converts serotonin into melatonin. But the gut has a huge amount of melatonin dierectly.

Edited by voidisyinyang
  • Like 1

OK now we get into the other claim I made - let's see if it is in this thread....

Also we know that this "fetus" breathing or immortal breathing - the reproductive organ - to quote Master Nan, Huai-chin - contracts like a baby - and so what is happening is that the lecithin that is normally used for "sexual maturity" as Coons calls it - is now being "reversed" - and so increases the pineal gland and the thymus gland.

O.K. so sounds far out right?

http://elixirfield.blogspot.com/2018/06/documenting-change-of-pineal-gland.html

Sure enough - I document the pineal gland "volume" changes based on the lunar cycle and on aging... in other words by increasing the activation of the reproductive organ then the pineal gland decreases - and vice versa.

The valid reduction of the pineal gland volume was registered in women of ovulate phase

in particular the new moon, are accompanied by an appreciable reduce of pineal gland volume, a sort of systole.

So when the reproductive organ is "active" then the volume of the pineal gland goes down...

And when the pineal gland energy "overflows" - the melatonin - then what happens? http://www.mdpi.com/1420-3049/23/2/301/html

the grafted pineal gland might release high level of nocturnal melatonin which acted on the thymus to rejuvenate the gland

Paltsev, M.A.; Polyakova, V.O.; Kvetnoy, I.M.; Anderson, G.; Kvetnaia, T.V.; Linkova, N.S.; Paltseva, E.M.; Rubino, R.; De Cosmo, S.; De Cata, A.; et al. Morphofunctional and signaling molecules overlap of the pineal gland and thymus: Role and significance in aging. Oncotarget 2016, 7, 11972–11983. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef] [PubMed]

So as I experienced from my qigong training - by reducing the activation of the reproductive organ - and by doing the reverse breathing - then the pineal gland and thymus are increased in volume and "rejuvenated" -

Edited by voidisyinyang
  • Like 1

OK now I would like to say that the past few days and the next few days - the Pineal Gland (Ancestral Cavity) energy is very strong with magnetic bliss due to the Solstice.

Apparently Coons can not directly FEEL his pineal gland and that is unfortunate.

Qigong Master Chunyi Lin who did the 49 days cave meditation with no sleep - just full lotus cave meditation at Mt. Qingcheng, where he experienced Lao Tzu appearing to him as a Yang Shen and touching his head - and he levitated up nine feet, spiraling in full lotus (after he left the cave) - next to a pine tree - http://springforestqigong.com - he teaches in his class, as I experienced, that to find the third eye this is what you do.

You fold your ears together at the top and then point the ears to the skull - and what is there in the center of the skull is where the third eye is located - and he says it is the pineal gland.

So if we search pineal gland across from ears image - what do we find?

2-Golden-Crown-Diamond-Activated-DNA.jpg

Yes it is lined up with the ears.

And so as I type this - I can just "flex" my pineal gland and feel it - the magnetic bliss is stronger.

So what does qigong master Chunyi Lin do? In the Level 3 he works to open the third eye and so he walks around and he touches people's foreheads and then you will feel your pineal gland get activated with magnetic bliss and you will see light. He did that to me in 2000 - after I did intensive meditation and I could feel my pineal gland first on my own from my meditation. And ever since then in 2000 I have been able to "flex" my pineal gland at will.

I even STOPPED meditating for several months to see if if would GO AWAY. So because I stopped meditating - my energy channels closed up. BUT the magnetic bliss in the pineal gland did not go away. haha. So the ancestral cavity got cracked open as psychic yin qi energy.

975669-ear.jpg

ttp://yusalife.com/go_files/misc_images/975669-ear.jpg

So that is the url for that pineal gland image - notice it says EAR.

So this corroborates what qigong master Chunyi Lin teaches in his classes. I realize that Coons can translate Chinese. Qigong master Chunyi Lin said he was able to study with many different masters because he knows many different dialects of Chinese.

So I encourage Coons - despite his Chinese translation ability - to seek out a spiritual master that can crack open his pineal gland.

I realize he has a fancy looking book and a fancy looking haircut - but sometimes the qigong training is not so fancy. haha.

When I "flex" my pineal gland - what am I doing? I am pulling up blood into the pineal gland and this is being turned into cerebrospinal fluid - as we now know from my above research...

Also when I rotate my eyes - this also activates the pineal gland and then I can feel my lower tan t'ien get activated. And so this is exactly how the book Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality describes.

Since Coons translates Chinese - he should know better that the title Taoist Yoga is just an English rendering of the Chinese - and in now way is "indicative" of it being NOT "neidan" (insert fancy Chinese marketing term here please). haha.

Edited by voidisyinyang
  • Like 1

image.png.1e828ee23067f02f19eed53d90524b5f.png

'side chakras' now ? 

Really ?   Or just the two brain hemispheres .

What other chakras we got that we dont know about ? 

Spoiler

the-blissful-dog-chakra-system-chart-o-7

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/23/2018 at 5:32 PM, Nungali said:

image.png.1e828ee23067f02f19eed53d90524b5f.png

'side chakras' now ? 

Really ?   Or just the two brain hemispheres .

Reveal hidden contents

the-blissful-dog-chakra-system-chart-o-7

Coons versus Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality:

True nature is prenatal vitality [Yuan Qi] in its cell (ch’i pao) on the top of the medulla oblongata. If vitality is allowed to pass through the back of the head and down to the base of the spine to drain away through the anus and genital organ, its exhaustion will cause death. This exhaustion of vitality is in no way related to the breath that comes in and out through the nostrils and mouth. In nocturnal emissions the generative fluid carries with it (some) vitality which thus leaves its vibrating cell in the centre of the brain to pass into the spine and then reach its base to drain away. It is this vitality which animates spermatozoa which, in its absence, become lifeless and non-reproductive. This cell is linked with the brain above it, the base of the spine below and the whole nervous system in the body and is the source of the vital energy of life.

Medulla-Pineal-Activation.jpg?w=500&ssl=

On 6/24/2018 at 6:32 AM, Nungali said:

From Bindi -

9 hours ago, Bindi said:

Pffft, seven chakras are just so yesterday, there are at least 22...

0ecdc3144bcb3d8c0ee810713651f35c.jpg&key=50f6be6f1dd54a3214ca522e3c449ca0e43d37e11b0764941369155ac35ad0b0

I wonder what "Pffft" means.

- LimA

20 minutes ago, Limahong said:

I wonder what "Pffft" means

It is the sound of derision that one makes when blowing air between the lips. It is to the older generation what "meh" is to the younger.

Edited by Lost in Translation
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Limahong said:

From Bindi -

0ecdc3144bcb3d8c0ee810713651f35c.jpg&key=50f6be6f1dd54a3214ca522e3c449ca0e43d37e11b0764941369155ac35ad0b0

- LimA

Thats the noise of those  'above top' chakras  gradually   expiring into non existence  ( as they go into the 4th dimension ) .

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lost in Translation said:

It is the sound of derision that one makes when blowing air between the lips. It is to the older generation what "meh" is to the younger.

Excuse me !

How dare you try to equate my old school disdainful derision with modern  'I couldnt care less'  blandness !

Why you little  .... I orta  ....

meanoldman.jpg

Response ?  

Mhe

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR9co_WqnvMNFgH2KgcCVy

I will however give this thread the prize for best  silly stupid title  :D

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSA64HLp2AqhjHQhasXNeB

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Limahong said:

In addition to the aforementioned sound of derision it can mean, and include, finally arriving at the profound state of resignation where no fucks are given.  It's like you give up on something and then think about it like:  "anyway who gives a fuck , I didn't really want a bacon  cheese croissant anyway."  :(

... and more

• Like 2