wandelaar

Taoist logic?

1 hour ago, Stosh said:

Hold on there big fella , I thought computers 'essentially' ran on diodes or binary processing , the logic of which is dualistic , on or off but not both , and so Non-dualistic thinking would only create a computer that could calculate only the number one.

Have you seen YinYang in the way lines of trigrams in I Ching are drawn?

Solid line is Yang, broken line is Yin.

These can be combined, producing many variations from just this. I Ching shows these permutations and their interactions.

This is "dualistic" thinking, or "binary" thinking. This is what Leibniz saw in the 2 Shao Yong Bagua a missionary brought to him.

This became the "binary math" he developed, and which is used for computers.

Of course, Taoism include not only "dualism" but "monism" at the same time, in that we see YinYang in Taoism as not only "opposites", but complimentary opposites that are simultaneous.

That part was grasped by Neils Bohr and used in physics.

They use this to understand "energy", which we know as "Qi" - the movement between poles of any polarity (any "YinYang").

- VonKrankenhaus

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, vonkrankenhaus said:

Have you seen YinYang in the way lines of trigrams in I Ching are drawn?

Solid line is Yang, broken line is Yin.

These can be combined, producing many variations from just this. I Ching shows these permutations and their interactions.

This is "dualistic" thinking, or "binary" thinking. This is what Leibniz saw in the 2 Shao Yong Bagua a missionary brought to him.

This became the "binary math" he developed, and which is used for computers.

Of course, Taoism include not only "dualism" but "monism" at the same time, in that we see YinYang in Taoism as not only "opposites", but complimentary opposites that are simultaneous.
That part was grasped by Neils Bohr and used in physics.

They use this to understand "energy", which we know as "Qi" - the movement between poles of any polarity (any "YinYang").

- VonKrankenhaus

Your thing, says he himself ,developed the binary math used in a certain way to create functioning computer systems such as they are.

But Ok , binary logic can be used to process more than the number one. 

But as far as I know the Taoist number system only has four numbers ... , one , two , three, ten-thousand, infinity. Which doesn't look binary to me ! ;)  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wandelaar said:

Let's see:

Excellent!  I listened to the whole thing, it's a perfect description of ... wait ... actually the void is not yin yang.

Frankly, the owl is not informed, he is disparaged by the narrator because of it. When pooh gets his head stuck in a honey pot, ya think the narrator is going to excuse it? If so, the narrator is presenting a forced conclusion. He explains that a pooh gains valuable knowlege, so really his beef is whether one is correct in what they know. 

If correctness is the pivot point , the issue of whether the stuff in books is more informed and informing than the spontaneous first impression one personally encounters. 

Most of our life learning is barely considered and off the cuff, its the careful consideration and dissection which leads to a new and more thorough understanding .

If that were not the case. The greater study would only yeild a slower trail to the original conclusion.

That narrator was insulting misinformed and pandering to an uninformed audience. 

The original stories themselves should have been left unmolested.

If youre going to follow the narrators advice, guess again.

What one reads is really just the second hand information offered by others. If that stuff is bad , then his commemts are worthless , right? 

As is all your books, your ttc your iching your chuang and buddha bible and koran.

then you can ignore your parents news friends and teachers. 

Youll just be So accurately informed , well, you might not know what day of the week it is!

14 hours ago, Marblehead said:

If things are out of their proper place I will suggest that someone moved them.  Wu wei baby!

Well I agree but what are we to do with the few that wish to intentionally take things out of order?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wu Ming Jen said:

There is only one way the laws of yin and yang apply and that is the physical universe, matter, a matter of fact. So what and the world am I talking about when I say they do not apply Hint it is not physical, maybe demi physical, has no mass but a direction.

O.K. yes when you say "maybe semi physical" - yes this is called "quasi matter" - what this actually means is PHONONS - i.e. acoustic oscillations. This brings us back to music theory - because the phonons exist in a purely time-frequency energy realm with zero dimension of geometry. This is difficult to understand for most Westerners - except of course if you immerse yourself in music training from a young age then it greatly increases the corpus callosum. Most specifically - the slow middle movements at 60 beats per minute - synchronize the heart with the breathing and so increase the alpha brain waves.

So what Dr. Stuart Hameroff did was - he sent ultrasound into his skull because after the tests proved that microtubules oscillate with the greatest amplitude of charge - 3000 times great conductance as ultrasound frequency - he realized the ultrasound must naturally increase the serotonin levels. Sure enough he felt a great bliss experience from the ultrasound.

O.K. so now to get to the "laws of yin and yang" - in relation to the Void - so in science we now know that the void is not empty but instead constantly has virtual particles. In fact these have been "captured" in the lab - using the Josephson Junction - as I give the lecture in my quantum spooky action at distance playlist... And so this means that virtual photons are very much "real" and can be converted back into charge. The charge of the electron originates from the virtual photon which is literally superluminal - faster than light - and so from the future. So it is reverse time  or negative time and then frequency faster than the speed of light....

Anyway so there has been a misunderstanding of Daoism. As others have pointed out - there are complementary opposites at the same time which is a nonlocal connection - so the 5th dimension as the Emptiness - and so this is the Yuan Qi at zero time, before a "measurement" is made.

The standard translation "the ultimate nonbeing" (Chan, 1963; Neville 1980) or "Ultimate of Nonbeing" (Zhang, 2002) has actually reversed the Chinese word order, and renders it as jiwu - the ultimate wu....However even within the Daoist tradition, Wang Bi's interpretation of Laozi's wuji (Chapter 28) is simply "inexhaustible" (wuqiong), and this shows clearly he did not identify wuji with wu itself....Nevertheless, this does not mean that there was a time when Taiji did not exist....Taiji was initially boundless because its existence was beyond both space and time. ... Taiji was initially just one qi, which then separated into yang and yin through motion and rest. ...it was a common view ...to regard Taiji as one qi - before yin and yang are divided. ...vacuums have energy and energy is convertible into mass is to deny that vacuums are empty....vacuums are far from empty. Understood in this light, ...taiji is much more intelligble and plausible....Taiji, the supreme ultimate, is the absolute self-sufficient and self-contained perfection. Exactly because it is relative to nothing else, it is identical with the Boundless (Wuji)....Taiji is simply Being itself; hence it is both supremely massive and boundless (wuji).

Neo-Confucianism: Metaphysics, Mind, and Morality
JeeLoo Liu
John Wiley & Sons, May 19, 2017

taiji-zhoudunyi.jpg&key=2c86b64c66d6c829

So this, contrary to the claim made by Neidan "expert" Pregadio - this is not the oldest T'ai Chi symbol. This is from the Song Dynasty. So that "void" as a hub in the middle is not accurate.

sam_1353.jpg&key=a80799e1b66de0e287eb14f

So that is the oldest T'ai Chi symbol - it's yin-yang all the way down.

Taiji refers to the state of integrated yuan qi before the separation of heaven and earth. It is the great beginning and the great one

The Mind Inside Tai Chi: Sustaining a Joyful Heart
By Henry Zhuang
2015, YMAA

If you read the essay "Zhu Xi's Metaphysical System and the Role of the Taji (Great Ultimate)" by Kim Han-Sang, 2013 it is quite clear Zhu Xi is emphatic that Taiji is wuji - at the same time. Not "prior." For me this completely is understandable in terms of noncommutative phase. In alchemy there is "forward" and "backward" processes at the same time as continual processes. That is noncommutative phase.

Essentially when light is "turned around" then it has zero rest mass but it does have relativistic mass. This is called the secret of, as Nobel physicist Gerard 't Hooft explains, "Light" being "heavy." haha. Or as Professor B.G. Sidharth explains, light has mass due to noncommutative spacetime. So as de Broglie, the quantum physicist realized, there is a superluminal phase wave when a particle goes towards the speed of light, that secretly guides the particles of matter. This phase wave does not conserve momentum and creates a novel self-force, a new quantum force that qigong master Yan Xin calls "the virtual information field" that does the healing.

So when you put the shen under the jing or alchemically the Fire into the Earth, it turns the Water into Air.

• Haha 1

There is no such thing as Taoist logic, there is just plain old logic.  Just logic, simple and easy.

Being logical requires clarity.

Clarity comes after stillness within motion of the mind, which is when thought returns to mental stillness.

Which comes after stillness of the mind (non thinking) is firmly established in day to day activities.

Which comes after enlightenment.

Which comes after years of meditation and chi kung, which are stillness and movement of the body.

Stillness within movement comes when we do tai chi or chi kung in a meditative state.

Movement within stillness comes when we feel the energy moving while in non moving meditation.

Any questions?

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Boundlesscostfairy said:

Well I agree but what are we to do with the few that wish to intentionally take things out of order?

During times like that I think that wu wei must revert to action with intent.

Let's not get too detailed with this, Okay?

22 hours ago, Starjumper said:

There is no such thing as Taoist logic, there is just plain old logic.  Just logic, simple and easy.

Being logical requires clarity.

Clarity comes after stillness within motion of the mind, which is when thought returns to mental stillness.

Which comes after stillness of the mind (non thinking) is firmly established in day to day activities.

Which comes after enlightenment.

Which comes after years of meditation and chi kung, which are stillness and movement of the body.

Stillness within movement comes when we do tai chi or chi kung in a meditative state.

Movement within stillness comes when we feel the energy moving while in non moving meditation.

Any questions?

How come you didn't include the Dragon and Tiger Daoist Logic part of Stillness within Movement and Movement within Stillness?

In silence there must be movement, and in motion, there must be silence. A small movement is better than a big, no movement is better than a small. Silence is all the movement's mother. In Movement you should be like a dragon or a tiger. In non Movement you should be like a Buddha. The right path of Intent Boxing (Yi Quan) does not go beyond the ancient postures of old Three Fists and two energies (Qi) of Dragon and Tiger. Two energies of Dragon and Tiger are skills....»

- Wang Xiangzhai, qigong master, martial artist

So this refers to for males - the right hand is tiger and the upper body is dragon and the left foot is dragon. The left hand is dragon and the lower body is tiger and the right foot is tiger.

Etc. You can read the book Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality for details - it's freely available online.

42 minutes ago, voidisyinyang said:

How come you didn't include the Dragon and Tiger Daoist Logic part of Stillness within Movement and Movement within Stillness?

Probably because I'm not so much of a mental jerkoff?

So this refers to for males

Bullshit!

The right hand is tiger and the upper body is dragon and the left foot is dragon. The left hand is dragon and the lower body is tiger and the right foot is tiger.

Bullshit!

Etc. You can read the book Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality for details - it's freely available online.

I don't read no steenking books anymore.  I had a real master for a teacher ... in person.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Starjumper said:

I don't read no steenking books anymore.  I had a real master for a teacher ... in person.

How can we find stillness? Wang Xiangzhai (founder of Yiquan) himself said that we cannot be truly still, that we are always moving. True stillness can only be found in movement and true movement can only be born of true stillness. We move to find stillness so that true movement can be manifest.

Looks like you were quoting Wang Xiangzhai?

Too bad you think the rest of his information is bullshit. haha.

two energies (Qi) of Dragon and Tiger. Two energies of Dragon and Tiger are skills....»

And so to quote some Chinese teachers:

The left hand harmonizes with the right foot;
the left elbow harmonizes with the right knee;
the left shoulder harmonizes with the right hip,
and conversely so on the right side

The Essential Points in Xingyi Boxing’s Six Harmonies and the Extremities

by Jin Yun Ting

http://sancai.se/wiki/wikipages/xing-yi-quan/principles/six-harmonies-六合-liu-he/

And then another chinese teacher:  Zhang Yun

http://www.ycgf.org/Articles/XY_SanTiShi/XY_SanTiShi.html

The first step in integration force training is to mentally connect one arm with the leg on the opposite side of your body. Focus first on the Laogong point of your left hand and then expand this thought to the Yongquan point on your right foot.

At the same time, imagine that your right hand is pulling something back and then coordinate this feeling with the
downward force in your left foot. The integration of the feeling in your right hand with the downward press of your left foot will augment the backward force.

On 24-5-2018 at 5:43 PM, steve said:

It's alive and well in the monasteries, even the ladies are now able to partake.

Here's one in English:

• Like 1

As to the Taoist logic that's used in the Chuang tzu, that's mainly a form of analogical reasoning. So I finally found an answer to this topic. B)

• Like 1