wandelaar

How serious is Dudeism?

On reading a comic book on Lao tse  I wondered about the similarities between Taoism and Epicureanism. So today I searched on the internet and to my big surprise discovered that lately 'The Church of the Latter-Day Dude' has been founded on the combined teachings of Lao tse and Epicurus. How serious is this? And if not - are there any other books comparing the teachings of Lao tse and Epicurus?

Edited by wandelaar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well OK. But I am serious. Are there any other books comparing the teachings of Lao tse and Epicurus?

Edited by wandelaar

Epicurus rocks.  I'm sure his works have been out of copywrite for 2,200 years. 

Here's a good site with links https://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/e/epicurus/

I might be wrong but I think the Dao De Jing is the only 'sure thing' attributed to 'him', Lao tse.  He's regarded as an immortal (& god) in theTaoist pantheon.  There are other writings attributed but more mirky.  Course I put 'him' in parenthesis cause the history is murky and imo he may be as much legend as man.   A member who brought that up in China was kicked out of a seminar, so at times be careful whom you call legendary. 

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, thelerner said:

A member who brought that up in China was kicked out of a seminar, so at times be careful whom you call legendary. 

I found that to be funny.  Yeah, it's not PC to tell people that their God is dead.

I don't think it's serious at all. 

That however has no impact on how sincere it may be... which I suspect... it well may be quite sincere.

• Like 2

The Dude is penchant Stinging in every eye..with the eye of sweat..Judging one another is about the created chaos..between me and a man! The Man himself..is either at odds with everything..or is in favour of the thing itself..the karmic wheel of fortune..which is a spy spiral..or otherwise pi glyph or fan so to speak..the Fan, in Fan Jan gong..which is a creative martial art..based on kinetics alone..and human functioning within the group of thermo dynamic energy mixed with both eye sight..and Braile ..or martial artist logos..