Sign in to follow this  
wenwu

2 quick questions

ok like the title says 2 qucik questions be=ased on things that i have heard

1. during standing qi gong you will feel a pin prick sensation in your middle thigh, this will turn into a warm feeling and begin to spread.

I read this a while back and i have felt this sensation but i am not sure what to make of it, it feels very similar to damaging a muscle (which i have done many times) also if this is true are yuou mean to feel it everytime or just once?

2. small heavenly circle an microcosmic orbit, how long did it take you guys to open this up and how did you feel afterwards. i know everyone is different but it is nice to share expriences

thank you everyone and happy new year

1. during standing qi gong you will feel a pin prick sensation in your middle thigh, this will turn into a warm feeling and begin to spread.

I read this a while back and i have felt this sensation but i am not sure what to make of it, it feels very similar to damaging a muscle (which i have done many times) also if this is true are yuou mean to feel it everytime or just once?

every time. dont make anything of it.

2. small heavenly circle an microcosmic orbit, how long did it take you guys to open this up

why do you assume that anybody managed to open it at all?

1-The pin prick thing just sounds like nomal muscle stuff if your not used to standing practice. I put that in the same catagory as muscle shaking from standing a long time.

2- It took me a year of at least 4hr a day of nei gong and qi gong to open up what I believe was the Microcosmic Orbit.

2- It took me a year of at least 4hr a day of nei gong and qi gong to open up what I believe was the Microcosmic Orbit.

Darin,

interesting, can you define it for us please?

i know everyone is different but it is nice to share expriences

I've not found it to be productive to share experiences that occur during Dao meditation techniques for a variety of reasons that have been discussed on this forum. When I first started, my teacher suggested that I avoid discussing my experiences with others. I didn't follow his advice of course. Among other problems, I found that it often implanted ideas in my mind which subsequently created expectations or anticipation that was distracting and, at times, counterproductive. For example, I tell you that yesterday the point at the base of my spine opened up and I felt a golden light rush up my spine and explode at the base of my skull. You may spend the next 6 months focusing on the base of your spine and wondering why you're not feeling anything there.... Or I tell you that time stopped, I floated in a different dimension, and when I next looked up, 4 hours had passed. You then wonder why time won't stop for you, and so on. Discussing with non-practitioners is even more problematic due to the fact that these experiences are extrememly difficult to capture in words. Now I pretty much limit my discussion of my meditation experiences with my teacher or, occasionally, classmates with whom I train regularly and have a close personal relationship - just my personal bias.

I've not found it to be productive to share experiences that occur during Dao meditation techniques for a variety of reasons that have been discussed on this forum.

i agree..some people are gifted with words and can make things sound really exotic when others would be less flowery and simple worded.

T

That's why I like my personal practice section. I dont care if anyone reads it or not, but the mere act of putting my experiences down helps me ponder them. Most often they are solidified in my mind just by writing; I dont even go back and look at them for the most part.

Darin,

interesting, can you define it for us please?

http://www.thetaobums.com/DarinHamel-f56.html

All my stuff is here.

This is what I consider the circulation of energy. I could be wrong but thats why we talk about these things, to learn.

19December1994

I felt the need to practice some of my Taoist sexual arousal techniques. Later I woke from sleep shaking. My teeth began to chatter and my tongue curled back involuntarily. My body shook for a short while with what seemed to be electro-static energy. During that time I had little control over my actions.

Fifty-three days after the first circulation of energy, another one hit me but this one was more natural and without any sexual help, I experienced a sudden, violent inhale during meditation. My stomach simultaneously sucked inward. My body shook. Then my teeth chattered. Next my tongue curled back to touch my palate impossibly far back into my throat. Electro-static energy seemed to fully circulate through my body, up my spine and down my front. The circulating energy was like liquid lightning. It was only slightly painful.

2. small heavenly circle an microcosmic orbit, how long did it take you guys to open this up and how did you feel afterwards. i know everyone is different but it is nice to share expriences

Felt "something" "moving/flowing" after ~6 months of daily practice.

My sifu does not name our Chi Gung a "microcosmic orbit" in fact he rarely calls it anything, we call it brush. A standing practice described as basically moving "energy" up your spine, fill the head with energy, let the energy flow down to the belly. Co-ordinated with breathing and hand movements.

thank guys

interestingly i was chatting to someone about my practice and she as asking me what it felt like, I didn't tell her anyting thing for the same reasons that were mentioned above. right yeah it is about clearing the mind not searching for things.

the pin prickthing happened to me only once a a few years ago, guess i have been slacking ing my practice for quiet a while but again it is not something i search for, i find a good measure of mypractice is how warm i can keep myself (clearly i am still at a basic level0 we still train outside here and it is mighty cold, when i am doing ZZ and our ji ben gong just a series of stretching similar to yoga) if i am heating up i feel good.

sharing experiences um .... ok sorry i asked but the tempation was there. ma chuan xu said in an interview it takes 3 years of proper practice to open up the small heavanly circle but then again he is fairly remarkable

thanks for all your responses guys

thank guys

sharing experiences um .... ok sorry i asked but the tempation was there. ma chuan xu said in an interview it takes 3 years of proper practice to open up the small heavanly circle but then again he is fairly remarkable

thanks for all your responses guys

What does he consider the confirmatory sign for opening the small heavenly circle?

Guest sykkelpump

thank you everyone and happy new year

I feel very strong sexual energy and warmth circulating in the orbit like a rubber band when i do spring forest qi gong and after.

Felt "something" "moving/flowing" after ~6 months of daily practice.

ma chuan xu said in an interview it takes 3 years of proper practice to open up the small heavanly circle but then again he is fairly remarkable

I must be doing something different (i.e. different practice), my Sifu expect that people will start to "feel something" after 3~6 mts of practice. Took me 6, I'm not good at these things. The effects gets more noticeable over the years as you practice more

I'd worked on the orbit via Michael Winns techniques, mostly from his form on his Fundamental video II, which has 6 movements to get 'it' going. He did say Westerners need to move to get it, just doing mental techniques wasn't as effective.

I did his form regularly for a year. I never got a huge feeling, but I felt something, increasingly more as time went on. Minke DeVos had a guided meditation on the Microcosmic orbit that really increased my feeling of movement. She also has one on sexual energy that uses the orbit, its the only one thats ever induced me to physically sweat.

I wouldn't say I have it open. At this point it's still like physical mantra, I feel energy circling. But..I assume when its fully open its..kundalini ish. Not full blown, but a lower cousin, maybe a safer cousin since it returns the energy down from the head.

Like Mantak Chia and many alchemical taoists, Glenn Morris considered opening the orbit as fundamental to attaining higher levels. Morris seemed to considered unusual strength, stronger immune system to be by products of a full opening.

Others (specially Bill Bodris camp) see it as an unneccessary detour. Thats its forcing what should come naturally or thats its dangerous.

Personally I like it. When it gets warmer I'll do Winns form outside in the forest. Every now and then I'll listen to Minke's CD and see one light traveling along the meridian system, then a second chasing it, more and more til its a river of light, then sitting back in the dantien watching it flow by, my breath gently pushing and pulling it along.

Michael

morning again

here is the article which ma chuan XU discusses many things including the samll heavenly circle

http://www.chinafrominside.com/ma/bagua/machuanxu.html

ok so i asked for other people experience i better post mine,

I still train ourside even though it gets below zero around here, luckily no snow though, I my hands get warn and tinglely (maybe this is a word?) a few minutes after i start zhuang zhan, and on a good day they start when we are doing the streching, when i an really in the flow i feel the tingles recede as a breathe in and return when i brethe out. still not a lot in my feet i guess my legs are too tense, (see mabu discussion) because when i do lying meditation i get the "buzzing" all over, kind of like a very subtle but long lasting orgasim (sorry for being crude but it is the only way i can explain it)

Sign in to follow this