Hancock

Social Power

17 minutes ago, Hancock said:

What means latent image on retina?

You deferentially tire out the cells which sense at the back of the eye, and until they recover from their exertion , you see the outline of , or reverse color to, that which you were looking at. They have optical images on the web that demonstrate the effect, you stare at a wrong color flag, and when you look at some white paper subsequently, you see a correct color latent image version of the flag. 

It's the life force I was trying to help you see either naked eyes and sense into it. 

That's a thing which I infer , no need to make me see it. 

I didnt spin on anything, just said what it was directly from an objective view.

Oh yeah baby did you ever spin that ! super spin ! whippy dippy spinaroo Sir. :) 

Being emotionally numb is not healthy bro. 

Absolutely !!  But sarcasm disrespect disparagement and isolation are things which one responds to with what folks call toughness. 

An we can be more than what we are trained to be. It's up to us to follow what others set before us or make our own way.

We always potentially are , that's true. 

Not sure in can help you buddy, seems like we have touched on some genuinely deep hurts and a forum may not be the best place for it to be discussed. 

That don't hurt , I never had the squishy relationship that would make it sting. That's the point. 

For me, i have to care because I'm sensitive so much to energy an emotions that people projecting the wrong thing can actually hinder my progress in certain things.

That's correctable, it takes perspective. 

It's weird an I know there's lots of beliefs on the subject. Just with the stuff i do, it's important to be considerable of others feelings or we may trigger somethings unintentionally like I did with Stosh here in his post. People are strong but at the same time fragile in other areas, an that line needs to be maintained so as to protect ourselves from unnecessarily involving ourselves in others life situations.

This can be a huge drain on our person energies.

It's all connected. 

Edited by Stosh

err... i did not say that I'm not considerate, in general I am, when I still had a job I was often praised for the way I connect to clients and my over all integrity. As Stosh rightly pointed out, the way people behave towards each other is very important, and when you miss out on those 'squishy feelings' as a kid, which i conjecture, we all three were subjected to, then it is not easy to find you're balance.

that is something else as feeling bad because others judge you on being late for a meeting, or saying something incorrectly, or dressing unlike they expect, having ideas about life that they do not like etc. I now think that much of the behavior of others that I felt like ' attack' or judgment on me. Was not that, but  did feel it because the circumstances of my childhood made me feel that of course people would attack me/ judge me for what I am.

I'm still not entirely rid of it, but i see through it's dynamics now .

So, now I think the sensitivity to the judgment of others is something coming from just missing out on the feeling safe and wanted when you were a kid. And then, when you've grown up, try to find a balance in which you can feel sure and safe within yourself.

of course that's just my opinion, feel free to think otherwise

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, blue eyed snake said:

for many decennia this has troubled me,

but now generally I do not give a f*#*k anymore what other people think/say of me or my behavior

Hail to the BES!

:wub:

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Hancock said:

What means latent image on retina? It's the life force I was trying to help you see either naked eyes and sense into it. 

I didnt spin on anything, just said what it was directly from an objective view.

Being emotionally numb is not healthy bro. 

An we can be more than what we are trained to be. It's up to us to follow what others set before us or make our own way.

Not sure in can help you buddy, seems like we have touched on some genuinely deep hurts and a forum may not be the best place for it to be discussed. 

For me, i haveto care because I'm sensitive so much to energy an emotions that people projecting the wrong thing can actually hinder my progress in certain things.

It's weird an I know there's lots of beliefs on the subject. Just with the stuff i do, it's important to be considerable of others feelings or we may trigger somethings unintentionally like I did with Stosh here in his post. People are strong but at the same time fragile in other areas, an that line needs to be maintained so as to protect ourselves from unnecessarily involving ourselves in others life situations.

This can be a huge drain on our person energies.

Just because what others think or say about us is not of concern, it is not an indication that there is no compassion.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, blue eyed snake said:

err... i did not say that I'm not considerate, in general I am, when I still had a job I was often praised for the way I connect to clients and my over all integrity. As Stosh rightly pointed out, the way people behave towards each other is very important, and when you miss out on those 'squishy feelings' as a kid, which i conjecture, we all three were subjected to, then it is not easy to find you're balance.

that is something else as feeling bad because others judge you on being late for a meeting, or saying something incorrectly, or dressing unlike they expect, having ideas about life that they do not like etc. I now think that much of the behavior of others that I felt like ' attack' or judgment on me. Was not that, but  did feel it because the circumstances of my childhood made me feel that of course people would attack me/ judge me for what I am.

I'm still not entirely rid of it, but i see through it's dynamics now .

So, now I think the sensitivity to the judgment of others is something coming from just missing out on the feeling safe and wanted when you were a kid. And then, when you've grown up, try to find a balance in which you can feel sure and safe within yourself.

of course that's just my opinion, feel free to think otherwise

Ill clarify, I'm discussing an energetic dynamic. I didn't mean to associate it with psychological or emotional things, I was talking bout how society generates a barrier that's similar to how crabs in a bucket are, they will try to hold each other in place even if they don't like that one an it tries to escape. Human beings emit a sort of psychic-energetic kind of thing that does that to others an only by getting away from that "chain", or cultivation of internal power, can we bust free of "that chain".

Personally I've been loved so much in my life. Things have gone wrong when people attempt to manipulate me or notice I have a strong will. My sensitivity is an energetic one, the psycho-emotional traumas have hurt, but I've been healing them as quickly as I uncover them.

We had shifty life situations happen, the lot of us. An it's formed a big part of who we were, an are to some extent. To grow, to realise, to move passed those pains and become a whole and healthy human being takes the wherewithal to be honest an vulnerable, an accept that we have the power to no longer uphold those wounds, an to not let ourselves be "triggered", but we have to make an effort towards that.

People tend to feel others are doing things to them, because they take little to no responsibility for their emotional well-being and feel they are at the mercy of something outside themselves. Truth is, we interact an have natural feelings an emotions, but not everything people do is targeted at us purposely. Though from their demeanor an subconscious cues they give off, they might be showing a subconscious hostility or passive aggressiveness towards us, but in my experience most people aren't conscious of it. An even if you call it out, they deny it because they don't want to see things as they are or admit them to themselves or to others openly.

So learning to navigate people socially and energetically go hand in hand, that's what I'm really trying to discuss here.

On a personal note.

I've grown up wealthy, medium class, poverty, in the system, adopted, etc I've lots of inner pain spent years avoiding. Now I don't, I squeeze my past raw an free myself of it by facing it, hunting it down at times, an recollection the pieces of my self. I think some people call it similar to soul retrieval. 

My point us because of my past pain, I'm familiar with the hurts in others even when they aren't seeing it in themselves. A lot of times online I have difficulty communicating what I want to get across, an its taken as an attack or deliberately smartass or as sarcasm. I'm developing that capacity while I interact with y'all on here. But that wouldn't have happened had I not thought to myself, "how can I better myself, where am I weak at" an not given myself an not test answer.

Most people are content with what helps them feel good,I'm not but i on my apply that to me. I let people to their comfort zones usually it's safer that way.

25 minutes ago, Kar3n said:

Just because what others think or say about us is not of concern, it is not an indication that there is no compassion.

It's being confused in what I'm really attempting to talk bout. I didn't say compassion, I said consideration. Though similar, they are distinct an separate. Sorry if I didn't put it clearly, between answering emails, a partner, an replying, I'm doing what I can an I gotta say it's a fun challenge trying to multitask.

40 minutes ago, Stosh said:

For some reason it did t quite you, anyhow though, I meant what i said literally. An I wasn't coming at you in any rude way, it it seems like I did to you or anyone else, then let's just a clear it now.

Your passionate response indicates a sore point, something that there's resentment over not having many tender moments. I suggest feeling that, an sitting in it, letting yourself release your feelings an after you're done look at the situation as if you were a stranger watching it unfold, then see how it has influenced you as a person then see if you want to continue with that influence or alter it somehow. Just make a decision, that s all.

7 minutes ago, Hancock said:

Ill clarify, I'm discussing an energetic dynamic. I didn't mean to associate it with psychological or emotional things,

I know that you were speaking of energetic dynamic, but the emotional and the energetic are very closely related.

just saying, no offence meant

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hancock said:

Ok you using electricity as an example, when it runs thru  battery it has a certain pattern,I think they call it memory. When there's no more juice there's stl a little bit of an electronic field residue, might enough be enough for magnetism.

Good example but really, when you turn off the light switch the light goes totally dead.  No energy left over.

When we die our human bodies field of bioelectrical, biothermal, biochemistry have spent a lifetime storing our personalised "residue", then on death, it's ejected. It exists no longer connected to the body an lasts as long as it can hold its integrity.

Yes, this is the root of our different understandings.  For me, when you die you are dead.  End of story.  No leftovers.

I guess words are hard to explain this stuff. For some, it's difficult to handle the idea that we're more than the outcropping of biological processes. On death though, when they are still semi-aware and find themselves for lack of better words, "alive", but in a different way, it's like torture for some of them. For others it's a freedom. I can only say this to you Marblehead, after death when the meat is gone and the you - you consider yourself is still around, struggle to accept your reality as it is an not to get swallowed up by predatory spirits go as far as you can an enjoy yourself as best, don't try to rehash anything, let it all go an keep moving forwards an do your best to maintain your self awareness.

People will believe whatever suits their feelings at any point in time.

Whether you believe it or not, I did my best to help you prepare just now. An I understand you think an feel a certain way. All i can say is, that there's more to life than the brain can comprehend. I see spirits who thinking you do all the time, that death the end for them an some were suicides. It's a rough way to be. After biological beings die, that's it, endgame. Things are locked in, an you will exist in that state til you run your course an lose energetic integrity. 

Yeah, many people have tried to help me.  Hehehe.  Really though, I don't need help.  I have found peace and contentment.  Have you?

Anyhow bro, you're entitled to your opinions. I know you have them because it helps you get over certain things in your personal past. Ill respect that an drop it. Anyhow have a good day buddy. Im a put on Otis Redding, Dock of the Bay, feel free to make some suggestions. It's an easy listening kinda day

Yes, that song of Otis' is really a pretty nihilistic thought pattern.  I love Otis.  I love the song.  The man in the song did not find happiness or anything else by moving from Georgia to San Francisco.  He couldn't find a reason for living.  But then, he was looking to the external instead of looking within.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hancock said:

Ill clarify, I'm discussing an energetic dynamic. I didn't mean to associate it with psychological or emotional things, I was talking bout how society generates a barrier that's similar to how crabs in a bucket are, they will try to hold each other in place even if they don't like that one an it tries to escape. Human beings emit a sort of psychic-energetic kind of thing that does that to others an only by getting away from that "chain", or cultivation of internal power, can we bust free of "that chain".

Personally I've been loved so much in my life. Things have gone wrong when people attempt to manipulate me or notice I have a strong will. My sensitivity is an energetic one, the psycho-emotional traumas have hurt, but I've been healing them as quickly as I uncover them.

We had shifty life situations happen, the lot of us. An it's formed a big part of who we were, an are to some extent. To grow, to realise, to move passed those pains and become a whole and healthy human being takes the wherewithal to be honest an vulnerable, an accept that we have the power to no longer uphold those wounds, an to not let ourselves be "triggered", but we have to make an effort towards that.

People tend to feel others are doing things to them, because they take little to no responsibility for their emotional well-being and feel they are at the mercy of something outside themselves. Truth is, we interact an have natural feelings an emotions, but not everything people do is targeted at us purposely. Though from their demeanor an subconscious cues they give off, they might be showing a subconscious hostility or passive aggressiveness towards us, but in my experience most people aren't conscious of it. An even if you call it out, they deny it because they don't want to see things as they are or admit them to themselves or to others openly.

So learning to navigate people socially and energetically go hand in hand, that's what I'm really trying to discuss here.

On a personal note.

I've grown up wealthy, medium class, poverty, in the system, adopted, etc I've lots of inner pain spent years avoiding. Now I don't, I squeeze my past raw an free myself of it by facing it, hunting it down at times, an recollection the pieces of my self. I think some people call it similar to soul retrieval. 

My point us because of my past pain, I'm familiar with the hurts in others even when they aren't seeing it in themselves. A lot of times online I have difficulty communicating what I want to get across, an its taken as an attack or deliberately smartass or as sarcasm. I'm developing that capacity while I interact with y'all on here. But that wouldn't have happened had I not thought to myself, "how can I better myself, where am I weak at" an not given myself an not test answer.

Most people are content with what helps them feel good,I'm not but i on my apply that to me. I let people to their comfort zones usually it's safer that way.

It's being confused in what I'm really attempting to talk bout. I didn't say compassion, I said consideration. Though similar, they are distinct an separate. Sorry if I didn't put it clearly, between answering emails, a partner, an replying, I'm doing what I can an I gotta say it's a fun challenge trying to multitask.

For some reason it did t quite you, anyhow though, I meant what i said literally. An I wasn't coming at you in any rude way, it it seems like I did to you or anyone else, then let's just a clear it now.

Your passionate response indicates a sore point, something that there's resentment over not having many tender moments. I suggest feeling that, an sitting in it, letting yourself release your feelings an after you're done look at the situation as if you were a stranger watching it unfold, then see how it has influenced you as a person then see if you want to continue with that influence or alter it somehow. Just make a decision, that s all.

Oh, I'm passionate about almost everything, sometimes I let it fly. Something I get from this Daoism , is 'encouragement' to be more moderate, coming from a wiser perspective. Sure my past influences me, as does the present , and will the future. We don't remain the same for long , the illusion is that we do or should, I am just not all that worried for myself about the disclosures I make . 

4 minutes ago, blue eyed snake said:

I know that you were speaking of energetic dynamic, but the emotional and the energetic are very closely related.

just saying, no offence meant

You're correct it's very intrinsic to the energetic dynamic because we spew emotions and energy all the time. Like when people give each other a look that conveys their feelings, it's body languAge, brain, emotional, and energetic all at once.

I just wanted to get across i wasn't singling things out but hoping to discuss how that gathered capability a group of human beings have can be put to use on purpose, or how an individual can navigate thru a hostile groups "social dynamic". Either way no offense taken, i also didn't mean to offend you if I did somehow.

3 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

Good example but really, when you turn off the light switch the light goes totally dead.  No energy left over.

Yes, this is the root of our different understandings.  For me, when you die you are dead.  End of story.  No leftovers.

People will believe whatever suits their feelings at any point in time.

Yeah, many people have tried to help me.  Hehehe.  Really though, I don't need help.  I have found peace and contentment.  Have you?

Yes, that song of Otis' is really a pretty nihilistic thought pattern.  I love Otis.  I love the song.  The man in the song did not find happiness or anything else by moving from Georgia to San Francisco.  He couldn't find a reason for living.  But then, he was looking to the external instead of looking within.

Wow i never thought of the song like that, I just was reminded of it when you just outright stuck to your guns on your beliefs. I'm no preAcher trying to convert anybody, so ill just let your views on that alone.

You asked if I have peace, an I can say thAt peace for me is a rarity. The world is a struggle, an to be in the flow of life and death and existence is challenge after chAllenge with brief pauses of peace. I aim for where i want the river to take me, but in the end it's not me who decides if the river turns into a raging rapids or a calm flow. In just kinda go with it. But peace, or what i consider perfect moments are rare.

Perfect moments, is like hanging out with your friends and you notice everyone is okay and everything is all good. Or at hkme when you're just relaxed and have a good activity that turns out to be an enjoyment and it fully absorbs you. That's what peace is for me. Most the time im fending off my personal death, or N energetic attack or helping others do the same, or dealing with bills, or work, or any number of things, N I give myself to doing them so I can give them proper focus and do them properly. But im not the average bloke, so I'm no one's standard lol

I'd like to hear your take on peace, Marblehead because I'm sure it's fascinating. Also here's a good song.

14 minutes ago, Stosh said:

Oh, I'm passionate about almost everything, sometimes I let it fly. Something I get from this Daoism , is 'encouragement' to be more moderate, coming from a wiser perspective. Sure my past influences me, as does the present , and will the future. We don't remain the same for long , the illusion is that we do or should, I am just not all that worried for myself about the disclosures I make . 

I hear you. I'm very cautious bout things i disclose because I'm very private though it may not seem like it. I unfortunately know people who would try to use anything personal i put out there to try to use against me for their own ends.

Something I've struggled with all my life that I'm now learning to counter.

Passion is good, mine tends to come in spurts though I'm usually even tempered, some may even say mild. Lol

We can choose to let our past, present, an future influence us but i personally believe that the Tao talks about living in the present and being attached to life in a natural way. An that's my interpretation and how i live, as my own personal Way. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Hancock said:

I hear you. I'm very cautious bout things i disclose because I'm very private though it may not seem like it. I unfortunately know people who would try to use anything personal i put out there to try to use against me for their own ends.

Something I've struggled with all my life that I'm now learning to counter.

Passion is good, mine tends to come in spurts though I'm usually even tempered, some may even say mild. Lol

We can choose to let our past, present, an future influence us but i personally believe that the Tao talks about living in the present and being attached to life in a natural way. An that's my interpretation and how i live, as my own personal Way. 

Oh, I do understand the cause for cautions, but one day I realized I wasn't a fifteen yr old girl, and creating an idealized persona to fake people out didnt seem to be of any use to me. I prefer to be known for who I actually am , and so I can really only be slammed for that. ( made up stuff ,could be made up, regardless of what I disclose ) I'm no tough guy , no genius or corporate bigshot , never hurt a flea , and being cognizant of all that , well ,, y'all are left with a confusing gooey enigma. :) 

Edited by Stosh

22 minutes ago, Stosh said:

Oh, I do understand the cause for cautions, but one day I realized I wasn't a fifteen yr old girl, and creating an idealized persona to fake people out didnt seem to be of any use to me. I prefer to be known for who I actually am , and so I can really only be slammed for that. ( made up stuff ,could be made up, regardless of what I disclose ) I'm no tough guy , no genius or corporate bigshot , never hurt a flea , and being cognizant of all that , well ,, y'all are left with a confusing gooey enigma. :) 

• Like 1

The philosophy is fine, the shooting of the poachers is not. Forest , takes on a cape of justification for his actions. Justifications are abstracts. This resonates with an ideal that one may be hard soulless and violent , that in fact, one would be a despicable coward if they didn't follow in his lead. But he is moved by insult, moved by his personal sense of self righteousness and anger, he was not strong here, he was pushed around by his ego like a child. 

Interesting that this came up, I was thinking about this subject last night.

That one can ,in some ways, justify any intended action. One can merely excuse the unintentional. 

More can be read about the actual philosophy in this pdf , the story depicted is actually an attempt to blend modern attitudes with classic Samurai code, not my thing, but interesting anyhow. 

https://ia902603.us.archive.org/13/items/pdfy-W91d_RoynCCibBAf/Hagakure [Book Of The Samurai].pdf

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Stosh said:

The philosophy is fine, the shooting of the poachers is not. Forest , takes on a cape of justification for his actions. Justifications are abstracts. This resonates with an ideal that one may be hard soulless and violent , that in fact, one would be a despicable coward if they didn't follow in his lead. But he is moved by insult, moved by his personal sense of self righteousness and anger, he was not strong here, he was pushed around by his ego like a child. 

Interesting that this came up, I was thinking about this subject last night.

That one can ,in some ways, justify any intended action. One can merely excuse the unintentional. 

More can be read about the actual philosophy in this pdf , the story depicted is actually an attempt to blend modern attitudes with classic Samurai code, not my thing, but interesting anyhow. 

https://ia902603.us.archive.org/13/items/pdfy-W91d_RoynCCibBAf/Hagakure [Book Of The Samurai].pdf

They threatened his life and threw their own away in the movie the moment that guy put his hand to the guy. Plus if you see the movie, the Ghost Dog character is more deep and caring, although quiet and reserved.

I don't condone killing, an I wanted to show you the quite at the end. I even paused it to type it out,  buut my intuition led me to link the video.

The Ghost Dog story is about several things, modern samurai ideology and it was produced when gang violence was the norm. It's a way to show that there's old ways, an that in the end the old dies to make way for the new..An the new ways have different perspectives, but usually continue the cycle in some way. I like it as a sort of artistic view on society in the hood. I know places in the country, you get told to move on and you do it or they shoot you. I know places in the hood that you get rude an call someone something racist you get shot. It's part of our society though lots of people don't like to see it, because they don't go thru it. We live in a war for social power in this country, it's strange but true.

In nondeath level ways we still fight, if we say or misbehave in front of a boss, we are fired and it affects our lives. Or if we don't do the right thing in someone's eyes, they can report us for our lawn being nonregulation height as well as our walking down the street, then outcome being billed by the city to cut the lawn or asked by a policeperson what were we doing walking down the road.

I dont know bout your life, but I know thAt I was born on top, an it's been a downhill slide regardless of my actions. I can only control me. As for Forrest Whitaker shooting racist redness, who threatened his life. I was in a similar situation and was lucky to be helped by someone who stumbled into the situation, I respect life and have no desire to take it. But if it's my life or someone else's, that's something many people will tell you is a terrible choice to make and that if you're unlucky to have to be in that position an made your choice to live while your attackers didn't, we all have our way of coping. I gotta quit talking bout this, just remember all life is precious and has value, if someone comes after yiurs protect it but also respect them.because they played for keeps regardless of their reasons.

• Like 1

Ghost Dog was just on cable, saw for the second time.  I liked it.  Imo, the scene where he shoots the poachers, was poorly written.  In that you'd probably have a nun or Gandhi shoot the poachers too.  By being so heavy handed making them cartoon characters the writers lost the chance to present Ghost Dog motives in a grey world.  Which was for me, was the point of the movie. 

9 hours ago, Hancock said:

You asked if I have peace, an I can say thAt peace for me is a rarity. The world is a struggle, an to be in the flow of life and death and existence is challenge after chAllenge with brief pauses of peace. I aim for where i want the river to take me, but in the end it's not me who decides if the river turns into a raging rapids or a calm flow. In just kinda go with it. But peace, or what i consider perfect moments are rare.

Yeah, I have mentioned before that it is fine going with the flow but when we hear the sounds of a waterfall it is time to start working our way toward firm ground.

I understand what you are saying.  Been there, done that.  And regretfully, most of my problems were of my own making due to making bad decisions.

Perfect moments, is like hanging out with your friends and you notice everyone is okay and everything is all good. Or at hkme when you're just relaxed and have a good activity that turns out to be an enjoyment and it fully absorbs you. That's what peace is for me. Most the time im fending off my personal death, or N energetic attack or helping others do the same, or dealing with bills, or work, or any number of things, N I give myself to doing them so I can give them proper focus and do them properly. But im not the average bloke, so I'm no one's standard lol

Perfect is too strong a word for me to use in this discussion.  But yes, there are times when everything seems to be perfect and we set our troubles to the side for the while.

Life requires input.  Sometimes life asks for more than we can offer.  But we do the best we can and hope we have made a good decision.

I accept your definition of being at peace.  

I'd like to hear your take on peace, Marblehead because I'm sure it's fascinating. Also here's a good song.

By peace, I'm not suggesting anything like bliss or all those other wonderful states of being.  I'm speaking more at, although we may still have many problems to resolve, we understand what those problems are, can put priorities on them and deal with them when the time is right.

Basically, it is a state of mind that allows us to be who we are most of the time.  That we have no on-going conflicts that we are not able to attend to.

Sure, there are always things happening that cause us to focus our attention on a situation because we know that if we don't deal with it, it will only get worse.  But this should have no effect on whether or not we are at peace with our self.

I have likely made more mistakes than the average person during my younger years but at least I lived and I learned and I began to understand myself better as a result of those mistakes.

Making mistakes shouldn't be a problem as long as we can say that we did what we determined was the best thing for us to do at the time with the information we had.

So basically, to be at peace is to have no inner conflicts.  To be able to not have to lie about anything.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marblehead said:

Yeah, I have mentioned before that it is fine going with the flow but when we hear the sounds of a waterfall it is time to start working our way toward firm ground.

I understand what you are saying.  Been there, done that.  And regretfully, most of my problems were of my own making due to making bad decisions.

Perfect is too strong a word for me to use in this discussion.  But yes, there are times when everything seems to be perfect and we set our troubles to the side for the while.

Life requires input.  Sometimes life asks for more than we can offer.  But we do the best we can and hope we have made a good decision.

I accept your definition of being at peace.  

By peace, I'm not suggesting anything like bliss or all those other wonderful states of being.  I'm speaking more at, although we may still have many problems to resolve, we understand what those problems are, can put priorities on them and deal with them when the time is right.

Basically, it is a state of mind that allows us to be who we are most of the time.  That we have no on-going conflicts that we are not able to attend to.

Sure, there are always things happening that cause us to focus our attention on a situation because we know that if we don't deal with it, it will only get worse.  But this should have no effect on whether or not we are at peace with our self.

I have likely made more mistakes than the average person during my younger years but at least I lived and I learned and I began to understand myself better as a result of those mistakes.

Making mistakes shouldn't be a problem as long as we can say that we did what we determined was the best thing for us to do at the time with the information we had.

So basically, to be at peace is to have no inner conflicts.  To be able to not have to lie about anything.

I meant the same definition of peace as you, however I only have had moments of it. You put things in words better than I did. Thanks.

1 hour ago, thelerner said:

Ghost Dog was just on cable, saw for the second time.  I liked it.  Imo, the scene where he shoots the poachers, was poorly written.  In that you'd probably have a nun or Gandhi shoot the poachers too.  By being so heavy handed making them cartoon characters the writers lost the chance to present Ghost Dog motives in a grey world.  Which was for me, was the point of the movie. 

Cool.

I liked the scene myself, because it shows what the ghost dog character really care e about an his perspective in ways the other parts of the movie didn't. In that scene, I saw a character who was written psychologically damaged an clung to something to hold himself together an rebuild himself. 

Then it became his way of being, a deliberate choice to go thru all the way. Followthru is getting rare nowadays, with all the half measures an flakiness in today's society.

To me, that moment personifies Ghost Dog as the same boy who was beaten by those guys when Louie saved him, an the strength that practicing ancient wisdom granted him. 

It's too bad he used it to kill, he could've walked away but like the Taoist an Martial Practitioners here, he stayed with his code to the very end. Even in his modern way, committing seppuku to save his "retainer" reputation at the end scenes.

Lots could've been better, but it's value is in what goes unsaid. Like him an the Frenchman, watching the guy with boat. Lol

Good movie

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Marblehead said:

6 hours ago, Marblehead said:

i like that  Marble

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Hancock said:

They threatened his life and threw their own away in the movie the moment that guy put his hand to the guy. Plus if you see the movie, the Ghost Dog character is more deep and caring, although quiet and reserved.

I don't condone killing, an I wanted to show you the quite at the end. I even paused it to type it out,  buut my intuition led me to link the video.

The Ghost Dog story is about several things, modern samurai ideology and it was produced when gang violence was the norm. It's a way to show that there's old ways, an that in the end the old dies to make way for the new..An the new ways have different perspectives, but usually continue the cycle in some way. I like it as a sort of artistic view on society in the hood. I know places in the country, you get told to move on and you do it or they shoot you. I know places in the hood that you get rude an call someone something racist you get shot. It's part of our society though lots of people don't like to see it, because they don't go thru it. We live in a war for social power in this country, it's strange but true.

In nondeath level ways we still fight, if we say or misbehave in front of a boss, we are fired and it affects our lives. Or if we don't do the right thing in someone's eyes, they can report us for our lawn being nonregulation height as well as our walking down the street, then outcome being billed by the city to cut the lawn or asked by a policeperson what were we doing walking down the road.

I dont know bout your life, but I know thAt I was born on top, an it's been a downhill slide regardless of my actions. I can only control me. As for Forrest Whitaker shooting racist redness, who threatened his life. I was in a similar situation and was lucky to be helped by someone who stumbled into the situation, I respect life and have no desire to take it. But if it's my life or someone else's, that's something many people will tell you is a terrible choice to make and that if you're unlucky to have to be in that position an made your choice to live while your attackers didn't, we all have our way of coping. I gotta quit talking bout this, just remember all life is precious and has value, if someone comes after yiurs protect it but also respect them.because they played for keeps regardless of their reasons.

All I saw was the clip, and the implication that it has something to do with Samurai code. In the clip , and by you, Forest is attributed justifications for his actions. But he has none. He is a hit-man on retainer to a mobster. And the Samurai thing is not about getting bent out of shape and acting out his personal animosities. Without justifications, the event is that he drives up and kills some people he doesn't like. The end. You, or I, as the audience , is expected to connect the provided dots and make justifications so he isnt seen as a monster , antithetical to society , which he is. 

By his , Forests,  code , in the non justified immoral world , the poachers are just as justified in killing the bear , and they are entirely  justified to shoot Forest on sight for being black. Read that twice , if you agree with Forest , the racists are just as right to kill him for being black. 

He is a good for nothing criminal hood who should rightly be hung by the neck. There's no place in society for that. But one can enjoy the movie as fantasy. 

In my version of the movie, as soon as Forest pulls up in the car, the hunters cut him in half with the shotgun, and take off with the bear. With Forest's last breath he says....

" I should've chosen Daoism"

, Karmic justice is served. :)

Edited by Stosh

8 hours ago, Stosh said:

All I saw was the clip, and the implication that it has something to do with Samurai code. In the clip , and by you, Forest is attributed justifications for his actions. But he has none. He is a hit-man on retainer to a mobster. And the Samurai thing is not about getting bent out of shape and acting out his personal animosities. Without justifications, the event is that he drives up and kills some people he doesn't like. The end. You, or I, as the audience , is expected to connect the provided dots and make justifications so he isnt seen as a monster , antithetical to society , which he is. 

By his , Forests,  code , in the non justified immoral world , the poachers are just as justified in killing the bear , and they are entirely  justified to shoot Forest on sight for being black. Read that twice , if you agree with Forest , the racists are just as right to kill him for being black. 

He is a good for nothing criminal hood who should rightly be hung by the neck. There's no place in society for that. But one can enjoy the movie as fantasy. 

In my version of the movie, as soon as Forest pulls up in the car, the hunters cut him in half with the shotgun, and take off with the bear. With Forest's last breath he says....

" I should've chosen Daoism"

, Karmic justice is served. :)

we could argue and debate all day. Bears were equal to men, they killed an innocent man, he killed them, right or wrong it had to do with his perspective on life. They had no.reason to kill,.when ghost dog killed only because he had valued his life and felt a life debtors owed. But ill cut to the chase, In the end I see your perspective and just disagree with it. We can talk later my ride is here

Edited by Hancock
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Stosh said:

Ok, Just dont go around killing people, that would be wrong. 

Since I like media, here's something resembling my perspective on life, I was in a bad place for years in every way that mattered til I saw this walking dead episode part.

Strange enough it helped me pull myself together, paralleling the character Morgan. I wasn't as far gone but that's all another story. Here's the parts of that episode that helped bring me back. It gave me something to hold onto, when I was lost.

• Like 1