Hancock

Fighting multiple opponents

10 hours ago, windwalker said:

some might find this useful.

http://www.alexandrosmarinos.com/TheUnfetteredMind.pdf

Thanks.

9 hours ago, Nungali said:

Well, that is vey advanced  form .

But, if you are in a gang   and you are going to attack a lone person  ( with swords ) ... just make sure you are following the right person  .... and not the local Master.... who has understanding of  Thousand-Armed Kannon  in practice  .    ;) 

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=sword+ofdoom&&view=detail&mid=80E0D41D5943CFF851E280E0D41D5943CFF851E2&FORM=VRDGAR

Cool. Here's something just for entertainment purposes.

19 hours ago, Hancock said:

Much appreciated, I didn't know where to post martial related stuff now I do. 

I will look into krav maga techniques. Thanks very much Kar3n.

I'm currently learning some winging chun techniques. Turns out my neighbor saw me practicing in the backyard, an is an old school wing chun instructor who's offered to teach me while I'm still here, before the move. I will definitely look into baguazhang. Thank you.

Thank you.

I appreciate this advice. It is currently not an option for me to own a pet, however that is a good way to deter would be issues I had not thought of. Fresh perspective, thanks thelerner.

I personally don't want to escalate things by using a gun, though I did consider it. If I use one or they found out I had one, then it'd be just matter of timing before they just shot first. Avoidance is definitely a good tactic.

That's 3votes for Bagua, definitely going to look into this art. Alright Thank you for your input.

Hidden weapon might be something to look into. I walk with a cane right now so that's something. Thank you.

Thanks to everyone who responded.

I'm saving videos and links an reading them. Again your direct focus on what was asked has been extremely helpful. If you guys want to joke or whatever cut loose now, cause I've got enough helpful materials from you all that I can. Focus on seriously. 

Don't know which State you currently live in but I would check the local laws...

On 27.08.2017 at 10:30 AM, Hancock said:

An cause the USA being how things are now,id like to have some idea of what to do during a riot or something I'd like to get out as quick as possible, but may be attacked for whatever reason an would like to know how to disable multiple attackers so I can move on to a safe distance from the riot. Just in case I find myself in that situation.

Plus I've been jumped before, but my body size has been my advantage an disadvantage. I'd like better preparation, so please advise.

If you are attacked by a group, it is important to immediately understand who their leader is and attack him first, if you manage to neutralize him first, then others can be embarrassed and attack could be end at these point.

It is also important to always keep distance, as boxers do. Do not let yourself be surrounded by attackers. Do not start to wrestle, and do not give yourself to grab, otherwise you may be dropped and just kicked with legs by others.

Take care.

According to previous post/

Visual material:

This street fighter has stood against several opponents, because he kept the distance well, and not allowing them to get him. Just at critical moments, he moved well and did not allow opponents to surround himself .
Of course, opponents were not so sober and disorganized, but the situation was real and very dangerous.

In Aikido randori, free style from multiple attackers, a general strategy was to 'thread the needle', which meant alternatively moving towards and away from an individual attackers.  If you only retreat, they all follow and strategize, by boldly entering the mix short term, you can use some opponents as shields and even weapons against each other. 

Course writing is easy, performing is hard.  It's not like the movies, one had better have much experience and a bit of luck to  pull it off on the streets. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, thelerner said:

In Aikido randori, free style from multiple attackers, a general strategy was to 'thread the needle', which meant alternatively moving towards and away from an individual attackers.  If you only retreat, they all follow and strategize, by boldly entering the mix short term, you can use some opponents as shields and even weapons against each other. 

Course writing is easy, performing is hard.  It's not like the movies, one had better have much experience and a bit of luck to  pull it off on the streets. 

Not unlike taiji strategy.  Retreat (running away, or otherwise removing yourself from the situation) is plan A -- but for plan B, if you can't avoid the fight, their bodies are your weapons.  If that's how you see them, you actually need to make contact with your weapons in order to wield them.  In response to the very first perception of a move on anyone's part, you step in, close in -- you invade the attacker's space rather than surrender yours.  Taiji specifically trains for the shortest-range encounters, so you don't want to "keep your distance" -- your greatest competence is manifested when you touch and sense.  Yes, easier said than done, of course.  :) 

I have an occasional tuishou partner who did over 20 years of aikido before taking up taiji a few years ago.  Still can't quite figure out what it is he's doing, but his competence is way above that of any practitioner of any hard arts I've ever encountered.  His aikido-taiji mix yields only to high level taiji, everybody else is toast.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pavel Karavaev said:

According to previous post/

Visual material:

This street fighter has stood against several opponents, because he kept the distance well, and not allowing them to get him. Just at critical moments, he moved well and did not allow opponents to surround himself .
Of course, opponents were not so sober and disorganized, but the situation was real and very dangerous.

Then they all went back inside and finished their family Christmas dinner .

3 hours ago, thelerner said:

Exactly.
Of course a good technique, worked out blows, combat experience - all this will be an advantage.

So much depends on the experience and skills of opponents.

17 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Then they all went back inside and finished their family Christmas dinner .

Possibly. But in any case, it's more pleasant to have dinner with an unbeaten face.

Sign in to follow this