Sign in to follow this  
Wells

MISSING 411 David Paulides

13 minutes ago, thelerner said:

I used to watch the Hunting Bigfoot on the History Channel with my son and we'd laugh and laugh.

Such series are produced specifically for people like you to laugh about.

10 minutes ago, thelerner said:

No, wrong generalization on your part.  If you're assuming that All forest rangers are working with him, its some and it'd be interesting to get there full opinion of his work, though the ones I've read have been skeptical.

Some Forrest Rangers don't want to anger their employers as they are afraid to lose their jobs, so they probably don't tell their real opinion when being interviewed non-incognito. That's simply logical.

addon> for above.   Hard to argue with the only way to get people to tell the truth is for it to be incognito.  They won't say the truth unless its in Paulides presence.  They lie about there interpretation of his work because.. its a conspiracy from the higher ups.  They'll be punished unless they keep it going.  Or the majority don't agree with his selective mystery.  I think that's more likely it.  Not that they're afraid but his view is not widely agreed with. 

Apologies if you think the Hunting Bigfoot from the History Channel is serious and learn much form it. They also have an excellent show on ghosts that people like me laugh at, and perhaps people like you(?) ponder seriously.  Different strokes.

But what have you learned from the videos?  No opinion.. just how dangerous the woods are?  Unknown things are snatching people, disorienting and killing them?   That is what you've learned.  Fear the wild?

8 minutes ago, thelerner said:

Apologies if you think the Hunting Bigfoot from the History Channel is serious and learn much form it. They also have an excellent show on ghosts that people like me laugh at, and perhaps people like you(?) ponder seriously.  Different strokes.

You didn't get it. Some series are specifically made for people like you to laugh about, not for people who think for themselves to be taken seriously.

You separate the world into 'people like you' and the 'smart ones' like Me.  I think it makes you uniquely gullible, vulnerable.  There are key words that play to your elitism and attract you like honey; that play to your intellect, exclusivity and snobbery.  A conman states how the masses will never understand and I think you'd be reeled in every time.

There are more things in heaven and earth than are drempt of in my philosophy.

I won't bother telling you any ghost stories, either.

Or about invisible waves of energy that shoot through the air and carry messages.

Or about the little people who lived here before us and still do in some places.

Or about energetic healers.

Yeah, you're probably right.

• Like 3

I'm open to hearing about them, but if you have a half dozen hour and a half youtube videos with pictures from the scream movie and Wizard of Oz, I will probably be automatically won't spend my time watching them.  Similarly if its about invisible energy from a famous psychic who's been debunked on many occasions, I probably won't watch an hour video about it.

On the hand, I like learning about peoples first hand experiences (long as they're not too long winded, and even then its okay if the drinks are good).   Listening to there stories.  

I apologize for being overly negative here and should not have gotten personal.  I think I have an open mind, but it does have the hinge of skepticism attached.  Welles has a good point I should watch the video before commenting, but the first were well over an hour.  They also had pictures that seemed clearly, over the edge, horror story memes on them, stabbed ghouls, hideous clowns, and the one didn't had the author with a UFO behind him.

So instead of spending the time watching, I went straight to research.  I quickly found those who'd seen the videos and had there own explanation for them.  I found parallels in there explanation and many debunked phenomena.  For example the Bermuda Triangle, lots of books and authors, and a few separate issues that are not easily explained, yet on a whole researchers found it was statistically the same as any well traveled sea path.

Given enough traffic and chances, unlikely things happen.   That's what is responsible for the Bermuda Triangle, not aliens or Atlantis, unlikely, unlucky things, because so many ships and planes travel through the area.   I believe that is the same phenomena happening here.  

The little bit of research I did, shows it to be a similar phenomena.  People disappear strangely in the forests.  I believe that.  Hypothermia, fear, cold, do strange things to the mind.  It can have you take off your clothes in winter and walk in a very stupid direction and do stupid things.  We know that.  That won't explain all the mysteries, you never can.

Undoubtedly I could do more research but I don't really care.   However, tell you guys what, I'm heading for a couple of national parks soon, Yellowstone, Tetons..  I'll talk with some Rangers and people in the area.   I'll ask about people who go missing in the Forest; any mysteries to it? 

Taobums: the only place on the internet where a person can attend multiple Burning Man events, champion nudity, quest for superhuman cold tolerance through polar bear swims and esoteric blood-pressure spiking breathwork...where a person can do all that and still come off, relatively speaking, looking like a stodgy skeptic.  

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 2

On 8/11/2017 at 7:47 PM, liminal_luke said:

Taobums: the only place on the internet where a person can attend multiple Burning Man events, champion nudity, quest for superhuman cold tolerance through polar bear swims and esoteric blood-pressure spiking breathwork...where a person can do all that and still come off, relatively speaking, looking like a stodgy skeptic.  

Well, those things are experiential.  Things you can do yourself.  They're especially not about living in fear.  I headed West with my family last summer.  Hit the trails in Wyoming, talked to Rangers.. Asked, learned, somewhat first hand.. Its dangerous at night, and there was myriad things to be aware of.. accidents happen, but all concluded its much safer then my home town Chicago.   Anyhow Hiking was a good time.  Should be encouraged not feared due to boogie men, imo.

Part of having an open mind is looking at evidence on both sides.  Maybe my distaste for Paullides is it gives into (imo unfounded) fear.  Creating a conspiracy that probably doesn't exist.  Reading through the comments in the youtube does little to convince me otherwise but it's faster then wading through 2 hour plus videos.  Yet inbetween the killer sasquatch and the grey aliens comments were a few intelligent voices of people with experience that had reasonable explanations of why people disappear in the wild. 

There are unexplained disappearances.. well everywhere.  There are also real dangers hiking in the wilderness people should be aware of.  Not aliens or Big Foot, imo.   And its a pity you read  comments saying they'll never visit such places (or even the entire US) because they're afraid.  Maybe, one of the good things he's doing is keeping the fearful out of the parks which can get over crowded, so kudos.

Edited by thelerner

Sign in to follow this