Sign in to follow this  
Wells

MISSING 411 David Paulides

I'm watching the first video, Wells, but wanted to pause to introduce something local and current -- recent report practically in my backyard which the authorities have tried to dismiss as "a wandering shaman wearing animal skins."

The Cherokee called him "the slant-eyed giant" and the early white settlers named him "Boogum."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40892336

BTW, the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, a few miles West of here, is one of those locations where people disappear.  The article I posted mentions the town of Boone, NC -- I lived there (well, a few miles into the country from there) for 18 years.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Brian said:

I'm watching the first video, Wells, but wanted to pause to introduce something local and current -- recent report practically in my backyard which the authorities have tried to dismiss as "a wandering shaman wearing animal skins."

The Cherokee called him "the slant-eyed giant" and the early white settlers named him "Boogum."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40892336

BTW, the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, a few miles West of here, is one of those locations where people disappear.  The article I posted mentions the town of Boone, NC -- I lived there (well, a few miles into the country from there) for 18 years.

Very interesting! You better always wear your gun, your smartphone and a satellite tracking device when going into the woods! Dave gives some suggestions in the videos what to take with you so you don't get "snatched".

I find this topic extremely fascinating and Dave was surely the exact right guy to research and inform about it.

I looked through all the videos on youtube concerning Dave and Missing 411 and compiled above the best presentations and videos I could find.

• Like 1

Oh, and probably better stay away from boulder fields!

Most important, don't let your kids play hide and seek in them...

Edited by Wells
  • Like 1

Timely, we're going out to the Tetons and Yellow Stone soon, and you know what, the Wilderness can be dangerous.  City folk are amazed at mysterious losses, but park rangers aren't.  They've seen people in the cold wandering naked, cause they took them off being tricked by hypothermia.   No compass, no map, no change of clothes, no knowledge of the area, no knowledge of dangerous wild life, willing to chance mushrooms.. the list goes on and on.  Park Rangers know this and have seen it. 

There are animals and there on sad occasions very bad people around.  If someone who didn't know Chicago, they could fill (very expensive) books with 100's of people mysteriously missing.. maybe its UFO's or local urban Big Feet.  But those who live here simply know the risks and mostly how to avoid them.  Big national parks have millions of visitors, some clueless, some .  People, kids who can get lost in mere minutes. 

The more of an outsider you are, the easier it is to be conned with selective stories, distilling from the 10's of millions of visitors to the few thousand missing people in dozens of national parks over millions of square miles, down to a few dozen of the most interesting cases.  Some are undoubtedly mysterious, but that doesn't mean blaming Big Foot, Aliens and Conspiracies.

It's a good way to sell books but it boils down to Big Foot did it, or UFO's.  That to me just don't hold water.  As Brian points out in his Link, you have people dressed up 'shamanically' in outfits that are damn near sasquatch costumes, you have sane preppers, extreme end of the world preppers,  hunters.. mistakes, mischief and wild unlikely coincidences happen.  Hard to foresee, low odds; not supernatural, just old fashion bad luck, wrong place, wrong time stuff.   

What's bad about it besides taking money from gullibles is it gets people scared of the wrong thing, ie Big Feet, Aliens.  When the real danger is getting lost, hypothermia, the rare wild animal attack and that most dangerous animal of all- man.   Cause in cities and outside of them, there are evil murderers.  Not many, but its good to keep your eyes open.. and if some guy wants to show you where a Big Feet are or where the UFO landed or proof about The Conspiracy.. unless you really really know them, they probably have a better chance of being one of those psychos then average.  imo

12 minutes ago, thelerner said:

imo

You came to conclusions obviously wthout having watched even one of the videos.

You should probably watch one of the three video presentations in the first post and then reconsider your assumptions.

22 minutes ago, Wells said:

You came to conclusions obviously wthout having watched even one of the videos.

You should probably watch one of the three video presentations in the first post and then reconsider your assumptions.

maybe.. which do you recommend, the one showing the ghoul with the giant spear sticking out of his back, maybe the one with the guy with thick heavy white goop on his face (zombie??) and bright red eye lids and hands?  

Before I spend precious time what the scoop on those.  Am I supposed to think those are real zombies, ghouls and what not.  Do the Big Feet shown really have glowing red eyes?  I'd be more likely to watch if the videos didn't look like advertisements for the Stephen King's 'IT'.

Cause I read Stephen King, I'm familiar with the horror genre, you combine it with suggestibility and you end up with lots conspiracies, some like in the 80's 'Satanic Cults all around us' craze, that happened when a couple of over zealous hypnotherapists created it, ruining lives and families.  Praying on the gullible. 

Really, before I waste spend my time (omg those like an hour and half each), give me a synopsis or what you fear think.  Is it that UFO's are abducting people from national parks?  Killer Big Feet?  Is there a government conspiracy to capture visitors for sacrifice?  What conclusions do you draw from the videos.

Thanks.

22 minutes ago, thelerner said:

maybe.. which do you recommend, the one showing the ghoul with the giant spear sticking out of his back, maybe the one with the guy with thick heavy white goop on his face (zombie??) and bright red eye lids and hands?  

Before I spend precious time what the scoop on those.  Am I supposed to think those are real zombies, ghouls and what not.  Do the Big Feet shown really have glowing red eyes?  I'd be more likely to watch if the videos didn't look like advertisements for the Stephen King's 'IT'.

Cause I read Stephen King, I'm familiar with the horror genre, you combine it with suggestibility and you end up with lots conspiracies, some like the in the 80's of The Satanic Cults all around us craze, that happened when a couple of over zealous hypnotherapists created it, ruining lives and families.  Praying on the gullible. 

Another wrong assumption. The content of the videos has nothing to do with the thumbnails chosen by the youtube uploaders.

Really, before I waste my time, give me a synopsis or what you fear.  Is it that UFO's are abducting people from national parks?  Is it killer Big Feet.  Is there a government conspiracy to capture visitors for sacrifice?  What conclusions do you draw from the videos.

Thanks.

Why should I make a thread about some nutcase halluzinating about conspiracy theories?

Dave worked 20 years in law enforcement, he does not present any wild theories in his Missing 411 material, he simply presents the established facts of the cases he researched very thoroughly, which are mind-boggling by themselves. People are invited to come to their own conclusions.

I personally have not formulated a decided opinion, besides that the circumstances of these specific cases are all very similar, disturbing and completely unexplainable with conventional wisdom.

Edited by Wells
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, thelerner said:

Really, before I waste spend my time (omg those like an hour and half each), give me a synopsis or what you fear think.

Watching any of the three presentations in the first post will surely not be a waste of time.

On the contrary, they all are highly fascinating and very professionally done.

Many people who watched one of them will most likely be hooked and then watch the other two also afterwards...especially if you live in one of the cluster areas or near a national park.

Edited by Wells

16 minutes ago, Wells said:

Another wrong assumption. The content of the videos has nothing to do with the thumbnails chosen by the youtube uploaders.

Why should I make a thread about some nutcase halluzinating about conspiracy theories?

Dave worked 20 years in law enforcement, he does not present any wild theories in his Missing 411 material, he simply presents the established facts of the cases he researched very thoroughly, which are mind-boggling by themselves. People are invited to come to their own conclusions.

I personally have not formulated a decided opinion, besides that the circumstances of these specific cases are all very similar, disturbing and completely unexplainable with conventional wisdom.

Sorry, but often the picture infront of a video does relate to it.   Even the picture with his picture infront of the MUFO sign with the flying saucer on it, doesn't fill me with confidence.

FWIW I didn't write cold.  I didn't look at the long videos but I did look up his name and the word skeptic.  I did find those who looked at the videos and saw selective bias at work.  For example in the one short video you posted (18 minutes) he talked about dogs missing the scent.  Observations like that tend to be filled with selective bias, ie any time the dog stayed on scent is disregarded, when a dog looses the scent its part of some unexplained craziness. 

Yet everything thats not common place can be, preferably with creepy music playing, be considered ominous.  Look deeper or in some cases shallower, ie dog having a bad day, rain, skunk.. and its easy add a subset say 'dogs losing scent' which happen and imply that's happening in all the cases.  ie little implying the subsets of unusual are happening in many of these cases, when they're not but you need evidence to tie things together. 

19 minutes ago, thelerner said:

Look deeper or in some cases shallower, ie dog having a bad day, rain, skunk.. and its easy add a subset say 'dogs losing scent' which happen and imply that's happening in all the cases.  ie little implying the subsets of unusual are happening in many of these cases, when they're not but you need evidence to tie things together. 

I don't want to sound like Drew, but once again a load of wrong assumptions after having looked up biased opinions, but not after having watched the presentations themselves, which are a pure giving of established evidence and highly fascinating! If the topic seems interesting to you, here I present a great source for people to inform themselves. If it doesn't interest you, leave it.

Edited by Wells

12 minutes ago, Wells said:

I don't want to sound like Drew, but once again a load of wrong assumptions after having looked up biased opinions, but not having watched the presentations themselves, which are a pure giving of established evidence!

I find instead of watching hour and half long videos I can simply read the opinions of experts who've watched them.  Its a huge time savings.  Particularly with videos that show big foot and ufo's, its not his fault that they're the thumb nails chosen for it, still it doesn't do them much credit. 

After spending hours and hours you don't have an opinion on them, any ideas as to what makes people disappear.. they just left you with a queasy unplaceable fear? 

My way, by watching experts, park rangers etc., give there viewpoint and expertise, I learned a little about real dangers.  I'm actually wiser for the minutes I spent looking up and reading from credible sources. 

Why do people take off there clothes and wander in the wrong direction?  There are actual answers for that.  Really.  Knowing the reality, from survivors allows you to understand how vulnerably we can be and what to watch out for. 

So you formulated your opinion without having seen the evidence, listening to biased opinions of "experts".

Ok then...

Edited by Wells
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Wells said:

So you formulated your opinion without having seen the evidence, listening to biased opinions of "experts".

Ok then...

Not just an opinion but a conclusion -- some officials say "nothing to see here, move along" and some people look no deeper.

That's his prerogative.

For what it's worth, the Cherokee say this group of large hairy hominids live inside a mountain and have been snatching people, mainly children, for centuries in the vicinity of what is now The Great Smoky Mountains National Park. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Brian said:

For what it's worth, the Cherokee say this group of large hairy hominids live inside a mountain and have been snatching people, mainly children, for centuries in the vicinity of what is now The Great Smoky Mountains National Park. 

To explain all factors of these cases with bigfoots, they would need to have mental super-powers and some indian tribes indeed claim that they have such.

3 minutes ago, Wells said:

To explain all factors of these cases with bigfoots, they would need to have mental super-powers and some indian tribes indeed claim that they have such.

The Cherokee certainly say such about the slant-eyed giants 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Wells said:

Ok then...

Pff, experts.. Forrest Rangers.. why listen to them??   They're biased by long years of experience.  They're conditioned by things they've seen happen and have explanations (in many cases for it).  For what its worth the reviews didn't think of Paulides as a crank, but a flawed researcher.  It happens.  

Brian.. so.. do you think a group of large hairy hominids living inside the mountain are capturing children?   I'll tell you one thing, I believe experts would be against it.  But there could be a good book in it. 

When I was a kid I read the pop mystery books, The Search for the Loch Ness Monster, Bermuda Triangle, Blue Book of UFO's, the usual.  They were very popular.  I've kept my eye on the news and on the paranormal.  Maybe some of it, though very rare is real.  But most of it hasn't proven out. 

I used to watch the Hunting Bigfoot on the History Channel with my son and we'd laugh and laugh.  I'm pretty sure the 'hunters' knew it was all a gag.  And I'm sure there avid watchers glued to it, thinking this time they'll find him. 

9 minutes ago, thelerner said:

Pff, experts.. Forrest Rangers.. why listen to them??

Wrong opinion again. Forrest Rangers pointed Dave to these cases and several of them are btw interviewed in the Missing 411 movie...

No, wrong generalization on your part.  If you're assuming that All forest rangers are working with him, its some and it'd be interesting to get there full opinion of his work, though the ones I've read have been skeptical.  Its a bit like  psychic researchers who also point to all the police departments who work with them, when in truth, most do not. 

Sign in to follow this