That's why it is so good - weak and non-specific.

Well, this time around I didn't make the "Once Returner" ranks.  I had too much fun messing up.

• Like 1

Energy can not be created or destroyed. Throwing a ball into the sky is potential energy and the falling ball is  kinetic energy, hence transformation.

What lives and what dies? What has never been born and with us all the time young and old, silently present?

we spend lots of time on a the material plane of the temporary and identify with our bodies and personality as who we are but what is not born we tend to neglect.

Return to the unknown, If we think about it (because it is impossible) the unknown is peaceful and tranquil because there is nothing for mind to attach to.

I have no idea about rebirth I see things that look like they die and come back to life during the seasons. I am reborn every day, replace my blood, replace my skeleton just a poorer copy every time so I turned around and walked back through the gate of life, now age, birth and death are meaningless,.just changes on the way, all changes and nothing changes.

Edited by Wu Ming Jen
  • Like 2

That's exactly true (we are subject to constant change WITHIN, of course) but the mechanism of one life to the next is a lot more complicated/sophisticated. It is because:

To minimise/lessen suffering

Not that I read it somewhere or I was told by someone! :)

A grandiose act of how Samsara (the wandering amongst life forms) was structured by The Tao.

Very clever and obviously compassionate. I wouldn't mind to remember one of my former lives as an air dwelling deva :)...but in a Hell plane...no thanks!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gerard said:

I wouldn't mind to remember one of my former lives as an air dwelling deva :)...but in a Hell plane...no thanks!

Just pretend you can.  That's what other people do.

I read a pictorial alchemical text from Jung I think and went through transformations as I went through the book. The last two being by the river with the monochrome moon lit night reflecting off the water. I went to the middle of the bridge and was thrown into the water and murdered by drowning which was actually a blissful experience.

The next day perhaps, with the last image of the text, I was in complete blackness and then the goddess of the underworld came into the light and just said "I used to be black" and she was actually white. So thinking about it now that's like the black and white yin/yang symbol.

I think that's death to the material realm and rebirth would be the kundalini awakening with the fire in the pelvic region and the head flooded with energy with a new experience of spacetime and your own personal consciousness experiencing heaven. It's like an explosive depressurisation in the cabin of a high flying jet and breathing clean air for the first time like a rebirth. The air is spiritual in nature and the essence of the spiritual body.

The bridges at about 1:30 are actually differing temporal structures of cultural consciousness (like the shift from Newtonian physics to Einsteinian) with the "highway bridge" being our current technological epoch. So the cars have now turned into digital packets crossing virtual bridges on electronic networks today.

The whole thing is multidimentional. There are psychic bridges, cultural bridges, ontological bridges, individual bridges, bodily bridges etc. and we dwell within the fourfold (earth, sky, divinities and mortals) like the sign of the cross.

You never know with Heidegger he could be talking about the Nazi swastika there lol

• Like 2

So you have to die to the material realm and the bodily senses first, I think. Then await rebirth!

But most likely there are many deaths and rebirths during a lifetime. I know I've stood on plenty of molehills and breathed in what I thought was the rarefied air of heaven while thinking I was on the top of the mountain lol.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2017 at 4:23 PM, CedarTree said:

*I am putting this in Daoist discussion because I principally would like to hear Daoist and other schools view points on this :)*

I am familiar with the Theravada view on Rebirth and also the Zen portrayal.

As someone that has pursued strong meditation based traditions such as Thai Forest and Antai-ji - Gyobutsuji Zen Monastery I have been able to experience a lot of the teachings and or at least understand them in both a logical way and experiential way.

Rebirth however has been a hard one for me. Not for disbelief but in achieving a level of experience and understanding in which it fits in smoothly into how I have come to understand the teachings both through study and experience.

I am hoping those knowledgeable in the other traditions can explain how it is talked about in their school and also experiences and or things that have helped deepen their understanding on this teaching.

Thank you friends

It is interesting, my friend, on how weak they were able to teach you on rebirth. It seems that you lack exceptional people in the place where you studied. Makes sense as very few people are able to become it, but for sure Thailand has them. When I mean exceptional people, I mean people with fully open third eye. They can see, hear, and feel spirits clearly. They can see past walls and on the surroundings of the person at the end of the telephone/cellphone line. They can have OBE immediately, etc. Most of all, they know their past lives. Those who came from higher realms, have their their eye open to a very high level. 

As a Dharma teacher, I can tell you that rebirth is all around us in many different forms. But it requires understanding (lesser lamp) and wisdom (greater lamp) to see them. An example is this: When a thought ends and another one comes, it is rebirth. When a night ends, and you wake up in the morning, it is rebirth. When you have rested and about to beginning a new week's work, it is rebirth....the list goes on...When all the cells in your body are replaced by new ones (it takes 7 years according to science), it is rebirth. When after 70 years you die, and are reborn it is rebirth...and the list goes on...There are difference in duration, but they are essentially the same, if you think them deeply. In nature you can find many examples as well.

On 7/10/2017 at 4:23 PM, CedarTree said:

*I am putting this in Daoist discussion because I principally would like to hear Daoist and other schools view points on this :)*

I am familiar with the Theravada view on Rebirth and also the Zen portrayal.

As someone that has pursued strong meditation based traditions such as Thai Forest and Antai-ji - Gyobutsuji Zen Monastery I have been able to experience a lot of the teachings and or at least understand them in both a logical way and experiential way.

Rebirth however has been a hard one for me. Not for disbelief but in achieving a level of experience and understanding in which it fits in smoothly into how I have come to understand the teachings both through study and experience.

I am hoping those knowledgeable in the other traditions can explain how it is talked about in their school and also experiences and or things that have helped deepen their understanding on this teaching.

Thank you friends

There is dao, and there is creation from dao, and there is return to dao.

Within this are myriad cycles of transformation, such as the cycles of transmigration within the planet earth.

The "daoist cosmology" reveals many complicated symbolisms, which when studied with the model of nature, may or may not help one to intuitively grasp the workings of the celestial mechanism, including transmigration.

Separation, heavy sinks, light rises.

Integration, heavy and light merge.

Patterns and shapes, the motion of the planets, the current of a species, all are connected.

One whole, life and death, the whole separates.

Patterns find like patterns.

Conception has its own pattern, patterns find like patterns. Rebirth.

What is on the surface must not be taken for the real without examination within.

• Like 4

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 0:24 PM, Daeluin said:

There is dao, and there is creation from dao, and there is return to dao.

Within this are myriad cycles of transformation, such as the cycles of transmigration within the planet earth.

The "daoist cosmology" reveals many complicated symbolisms, which when studied with the model of nature, may or may not help one to intuitively grasp the workings of the celestial mechanism, including transmigration.

Separation, heavy sinks, light rises.

Integration, heavy and light merge.

Patterns and shapes, the motion of the planets, the current of a species, all are connected.

One whole, life and death, the whole separates.

Patterns find like patterns.

Conception has its own pattern, patterns find like patterns. Rebirth.

What is on the surface must not be taken for the real without examination within.

Incredibly well said.