Kongming

The Warrior Way

How does the warrior's spiritual path differ from other types, whether more purely contemplative types or your average Joe? 

How does one integrate the dual cultivation of spiritual perfection (immortality, Buddhahood, gnosis, etc.) and cultivation of the martial way?

Are there particular paths or emphases more suited to those with a warrior mentality than other people? For example, I've heard it stated that Jnana Yoga or Vedanta perhaps is more suited to the more purely contemplative or priestly "Brahmin" type whereas Raja Yoga or Hatha Yoga/Tantra is more suited to the warrior or "Kshatriya" type. Similarly in Japan one often heard the saying that Shingon/Tendai and Zen were more suited to the samurai and Pure Land was for the peasantry.

Where does Daoism in general and Daoist alchemy/neidan in particular fall in this matter? Daoism has a strong association with the internal martial arts, but is there a true connection to the path of the warrior or hero? Can a warrior succeed in neidan?

Finally, for those who consider themselves of a warrior temperament or seriously involved in the martial path, what in particular have you found useful in integrating both high spirituality and warriorship?

In short, please discuss any of the above or any other thoughts you may have on the path of the warrior in relation to that of the path of spiritual perfection.  

• Like 4

Currently working on my own system that merges Martial and Spiritual cultivation. It's certainly not a path for everyone, but for those whom resonate with that spiritual warrior archetype (Shaolin Monk, Jedi...etc) they may find some resonance. 

You can see in systems of mythology such as Hinduism and Norse that many of the gods even those referred as highly spiritually enlightened beings are also warriors (Kali, Shiva, Odin, Krishna....etc). It's a common motif. 

I don't particularly think it's a better path....but every duck must find his pond. 

Edited by OldSaint
  • Like 3

A couple differences i've noticed....warrior paths tend to emphasize intense self discipline and control. In some ways it can be quicker because it is always pushing you to acknowledge, confront and grapple with death. By being forced to constantly engage with this force and having to learn how to master and control evil (shadow-side)....this can be a very direct and intense path to gnosis.

When your always under the blade....life and cultivation takes on a whole new level of depth. You feel a deep drive to always push your boundaries of skill. There is no room for self-deceit when in your mind a knife is always at your throat.

Like chi kung many martial schools emphasize postures for triggering internal shifts. Generally it is a masculine path (though there are some fiery female warriors out there) so there can be a great hurtle for the masculine to learn how to relax and "be cool".

Will comment more later if i think of anything else. Cheers. 

Edited by OldSaint
  • Like 4

You enter into spirituality to better yourself and overcome your weak points. The same can be said for martial arts, at least, in my experience. 

The two go hand in hand. 

You Can find peace by mastering war in a sense. 

Because i know how to fight I respect it a lot more and strive for peace.

on a more personal level I was always drawn to the calm, focus and strength the monks had. I began reading Buddhist books because I heard meditation could give you more power. Got hooked on it quick and it's been my life from then on. 

Oldsaint is right, sometimes a path chooses you And there's no easy explanation. 

• Like 4

" Taiji is said to be based on the movements of the crane and snake as witnessed by a daoist monk “Zhang Sanfeng” “三丰子 “

“On one occasion, he observed a bird attacking a snake and was greatly inspired by the snake’s defensive tactics. It remained still and alert in the face of the bird’s onslaught until it made a lunge and fatally bit its attacker."

"

“For several years the lama monk Ah Dat-Ta “阿達陀“ retreated to the mountains to live in seclusion, studying Buddhist texts and practicing meditation. He also hoped to improve his martial art skill. One day Ah Dat-Ta’s meditation was disturbed by a loud sound. He left the cave he had been meditating in to investigate and found an ape trying to capture a crane."

https://journeytoemptiness.com/2017/07/06/convergence/

something I noted in my writings.

"Traditionally Bodhidharma is credited as founder of the martial arts at the Shaolin Temple. However, martial arts historians have shown this legend stems from a 17th-century qigong manual known as the Yijin Jing.[5]

The authenticity of the Yi Jin Jing has been discredited by some historians including Tang Hao, Xu Zhen and Ryuchi Matsuda. This argument is summarized by modern historian Lin Boyuan in his Zhongguo wushu shi:"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaolin_Monastery

I feel the question itself is framed wrong.

The spiritual path was always foremost in ones training whether they be baker, candle stick maker or as some might call themselves warriors.  What has a spiritual path to do with being a "warrior"

Edited by windwalker
  • Like 2

Above all, a true spiritual path must be a path of self-integration. So if you find a warrior inside you, you better cultivate and integrate him (or her :D ) in some fashion.

But I see the dichotomy that the OP speaks to: A spiritual path leading to unity, whereas the martial way seems based on duality. - Well, is it really? Maybe it's exactly the study of opposite forces that offers a comparatively fast way to unification in self.

Spiritual development isn't simply a way upwards. Dualistic views must be overcome and shadow self aspects must be acknowledged and put to constructive use at various stages. :ph34r:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kongming said:

How does the warrior's spiritual path differ from other types, whether more purely contemplative types or your average Joe? 

How does one integrate the dual cultivation of spiritual perfection (immortality, Buddhahood, gnosis, etc.) and cultivation of the martial way?

Are there particular paths or emphases more suited to those with a warrior mentality than other people? For example, I've heard it stated that Jnana Yoga or Vedanta perhaps is more suited to the more purely contemplative or priestly "Brahmin" type whereas Raja Yoga or Hatha Yoga/Tantra is more suited to the warrior or "Kshatriya" type. Similarly in Japan one often heard the saying that Shingon/Tendai and Zen were more suited to the samurai and Pure Land was for the peasantry.

Where does Daoism in general and Daoist alchemy/neidan in particular fall in this matter? Daoism has a strong association with the internal martial arts, but is there a true connection to the path of the warrior or hero? Can a warrior succeed in neidan?

Finally, for those who consider themselves of a warrior temperament or seriously involved in the martial path, what in particular have you found useful in integrating both high spirituality and warriorship?

In short, please discuss any of the above or any other thoughts you may have on the path of the warrior in relation to that of the path of spiritual perfection.  

So Gurdjieff discusses this problem - he says that the yogi is the path of the mind as meditation while the monk is the path of emotion as religious devotion and then the fakir is the path of physical transformation.

so Gurdjieff says the key to the training is to use all three areas and transcend them and he calls this the "fourth way."

So if you focus on any one path then it is not complete.

Now with the Brahmins - they require, for mind meditation - that for example even if their is eye contact with a female then 3 days of ritual purification is required.

But the fakir path - in Tai Chi - as I detail in my free pdf - that the ONLY way to transform yin jing lust blockage into yin qi again is through Quick Fire breathing, activated by horse stance - so the legs are shaking 7 to 8 times per second.

So in the mind yoga path - for me to just talk about the above CREATED the blockage.

Whereas the tantra physical path fixes the mental blockage by doing the physical training based on yin-yang secrets of the body.

So this is called "internal listening" to go into the Emptiness in Tai Chi - so again with the Quick Fire breathing and the legs shaking - this forces the left brain to "empty out" which is also what mind yoga does.

So emotionally - this means you push your sympathetic nervous system to its extreme as the "fight" adrenaline energy. So the quick Fire method - also called the Wim Hof method - it is proven to double your adrenaline levels, just as if you were bungee jumping for the first time.

So then with the legs shaking you push the sympathetic to the extreme which then causes a rebound of the opposite extreme as blissful relaxation - of the parasympathetic nervous system - and this is also the tantra of the physical path.

So I have just now shown how the mind meditation, the physical and the emotional training are in reality all integrated.

So if you just do the top down path of the mind - this requires not just separation from females - as per the Brahmin priest caste - but also a vegetarian diet and fasting since as Ramana Maharshi states when the body is weak then the mind is strong.

Now what that means physically is when you are hungry that is your vagus nerve of the left side afferent - going up to the brain - and so that is the start to empty out the left brain.

So this shows how the mind meditation path of the Brahmin also necessarily requires the emotional activation and also a physical reaction.

There are more details in my free pdf that i have linked - https://www.pdf-archive.com/2017/04/10/idiot-s-guide-to-taoist-alchemy/

with images - so this shows how in fact as Gurdjieff pointed out the 4th way - is the Emptiness that integrates and transcends the three ways of the mind, the emotions and the body.

Master Nan, Huai-chin also gives the same details and in fact Gurdjieff gives different "numbers" of persons that correlate with the levels of consciousness in mahayana buddhism.

• Like 2

On a personal end, I've had a pull to all things martial ever since childhood but I always neglected it. For example I joined Akido when I was 8-9 but it was a McDojo environment whereas I was looking to become something like a character from Mortal Kombat and so quit shortly thereafter. Then through my teens and early 20s I continued to admire the warrior but neglected integrating into my life favor of others things.

In particular I worry about time commitments. The spiritual path or the idea of the Great Work has been important to me since I was a teen and I had the notion that as much time and dedication should be put forth into that area as possible since it is, after all, the great matter of life and death. I've also placed strong emphasis on aesthetic cultivation, both the creation of (musician, artist,) and appreciation of art.

Throughout I've felt a neglect of something strong in me that's been with me my whole life, namely a drive toward the warrior spirit. And so recently I've been trying to get into peak physical condition, lift weights, learn boxing/self-defense, incorporate the warrior mindset more into my daily life, etc. The problem is I wish to continue but don't wish to distract myself from the greater goal of liberation.

Thus the twin cultivation of the Great Work and the martial path interests me and I am interested in historical figures, guidelines, insights, etc. that deal with the topic.

Any book recommendations in this regard?

Edited by Kongming
  • Like 3

The metaphysics of war by Julius Evola is a collection of short essays directly discussing this. Touches on the Hindu, Japanese, Roman, Nordic and Islamic state of warrior-gnosis mind, I.e a state of gnosis via merciless action, no sympathy for self or other. "For what is flesh is bound to pass yet thou spirit is immortal." $25 AUD on bookdepository. Great read, for a Kshatriya caste. I'll scan a few pages after work.

Edit.

Here a few random scanned pages I had tabbed for other purposes and/or cheat sheets. No time to re-read for the really relevant passages for this thread, my apologies, I work graveyard shift and such sweet day djienn dreams await......

These should suffice to wet your whistle on the content for further perusal or nein. (Disclaimer: I also own and studied the white tigress manual, etc, does that mean I identify with and practice it? lols.) There is a free .pdf online but it is a hard-on-the-eyes text type-set. Anyway... If that faint whisper buried within your blood is so inclined, buy the book, and his Magic one while you're at it, that one is a true treasure chest, indeed.

I suppose it is important to remember whilst thou fish the time and context these insightful essays were written in and for whom;nevertheless no doubt this text will offend..... /as/ some..

Spoiler

(...Men Shine magnificent, terrible like the Sun,

Men of quick-wittery from Mercury,

And that Venusian perv you once knew... 

A naturalesque Earthborn Shaman or two.

Now a Mars man truly delights in prowess and might,

Tiamat.... I can't bring myself too rhyme, oh no no no........ 

Jupiterians, wow, what an inspiring and truly benevolent sight.

A man of Saturn, look at him, grim, strong, steady, a little impotent;

testing you to benchpress his weighty binding, so tight.

There are also Uranians of ever creating, ever changing, electric-faster-than-mind-light...

One of Neptune has his subconscious intuition on autotune; 

and

last but not least little dark Pluto roaming his VVay, oh so merrily, to and fro.... catalyzing ordeals that alter everything.... revelation, ruin and revivalooo.

Rememberest, individual (wo)men possess the sum,

a part(s)

or have realized none.

Oh

yes,

and we mustn't forget an odd trans-plutonian, working some vile anti-human creed, indeed.)

Spoiler

Scan_20170709.thumb.png.8bc380cb1182a0101b16a00788817155.png

Spoiler

5961955e34cd6_Scan_20170709(2).thumb.png.b72bbfb7eb945215249d9e8f59b74b17.png

Spoiler

59619578ed9ab_Scan_20170709(3).thumb.png.dd32770e531c8074b2474b77fb980a58.png

Spoiler

596195932cdb6_Scan_20170709(4).thumb.png.ddc5f4b908384b6a43c6a0b301a0e881.png

Spoiler

596195ace0384_Scan_20170709(5).thumb.png.dd5b44dd6b55066ac1ae1fcfe5923d0c.png

Spoiler

596195ca68bce_Scan_20170709(6).thumb.png.a665d1cef87fcf5561c39bf76a44cc66.png

Spoiler

596195e5804a7_Scan_20170709(7).thumb.png.29b3d805e62c3e7495bf6dbc9bae18ab.png

Spoiler

596196009b705_Scan_20170709(8).thumb.png.fbaf9f296342922be1dd9cb3c3d90edf.png

Spoiler

59619619ae897_Scan_20170709(9).thumb.png.22a05b98ad1a6718aae3d9b06087b228.png

Spoiler

59619634e2c9f_Scan_20170709(10).thumb.png.94924054a121c8cd8e85cb9f3cdc890b.png

Spoiler

5961964e71a43_Scan_20170709(11).thumb.png.7cef3f831bd53e934752172344c53357.png

Spoiler

5961966727b75_Scan_20170709(12).thumb.png.961dfe452b8e8e8a9f0c8a4c3918f1a3.png

Spoiler

59619681bcb92_Scan_20170709(13).thumb.png.1b0f67cd91c22413985b505e577047d7.png

Spoiler

5961969cdef9f_Scan_20170709(14).thumb.png.d83048bb98b6c05c5847feb4079ef992.png

Spoiler

596196b4df4fd_Scan_20170709(15).thumb.png.db8d07d983b6f825febbc801abdd70f1.png

Spoiler

596196d1605bb_Scan_20170709(16).thumb.png.d37e5ff9c61072287da9d9a6ec441423.png

Spoiler

596196ea45547_Scan_20170709(17).thumb.png.3d4e43eff6cfa8e450485f98d82b2014.png

Edited by shazlor
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Kongming said:

On a personal end, I've had a pull to all things martial ever since childhood but I always neglected it. For example I joined Akido when I was 8-9 but it was a McDojo environment whereas I was looking to become something like a character from Mortal Kombat and so quit shortly thereafter. Then through my teens and early 20s I continued to admire the warrior but neglected integrating into my life favor of others things.

In particular I worry about time commitments. The spiritual path or the idea of the Great Work has been important to me since I was a teen and I had the notion that as much time and dedication should be put forth into that area as possible since it is, after all, the great matter of life and death. I've also placed strong emphasis on aesthetic cultivation, both the creation of (musician, artist,) and appreciation of art.

Throughout I've felt a neglect of something strong in me that's been with me my whole life, namely a drive toward the warrior spirit. And so recently I've been trying to get into peak physical condition, lift weights, learn boxing/self-defense, incorporate the warrior mindset more into my daily life, etc. The problem is I wish to continue but don't wish to distract myself from the greater goal of liberation.

Thus the twin cultivation of the Great Work and the martial path interests me and I am interested in historical figures, guidelines, insights, etc. that deal with the topic.

Any book recommendations in this regard?

This post:

was started as a reply to the highlighted quotes above, but as it became more detailed, I decided to place it as a new topic in my PPD.

• Like 1

Speaking of Evola, I believe elsewhere he commented on the path of alchemy, specifically referring to Hermetic alchemy but likely applies elsewhere, as being more suited to the Kshatriya/Warrior mentality than perhaps pure contemplation.

Another thing of interest is much of the Pali Cannon. Buddha, being a Kshatriya himself, often framed the Noble Path in military terminology, i.e. conquering Mara, making a fortress of your mind, etc. In the same vein the notion of "spiritual combat" or "unseen warfare" in Christian monasticism, Lorenzo Scupoli, etc. takes up a warrior framework in relation to self-mastery.

While much of ancient Druidism has been lost to us, one of the few known Druidic sayings to come down to us is something like, "Worship the immortal gods, do nothing ignoble, and practice manliness." 

I suppose the samurai of the Edo period in Japan provide an interesting model of the warrior ideal in that the samurai remained warriors, practiced the martial arts, had the warrior mentality/spirit, and yet by and large lived in a time of peace. In other words they may provide an excellent resource for how to personally live as a peaceful warrior.

You have figures like Zhang Sanfeng who are associated both with the martial arts and success in neidan, but how much really does the internal martial arts have to deal with Daoist spiritual goals?

A book you might enjoy reading that touches on this subject is

"way of the saint: the forgotten relationship between medicine, mysticism, and martial arts" by michael guen. 

• Like 2

On 7/7/2017 at 8:29 PM, Kongming said:

Warriors are the only ones who have the guts to face the hurdles of a fast path, so they are able to participate in an intense path from which others would drop out.  Also warriors generally cultivate their physical aspect more than others and so have more vitality with which to cultivate more chi.  Warriors also have a good degree of strong common sense and practicality that you don't typically find among the snowflakes of the world.  For the snowflakes a slow path, which takes lifetimes, is better.

Glen Morris wrote that the ratio of enlightenment among meditators is around one in a million, which is the same as people who do not meditate, while the ratio of enlightenment among warriors is one in a thousand (I think) which makes the warrior way a thousand times more effective than other ways, which appear to be so weak as to be useless.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, Kongming said:

Speaking of Evola, I believe elsewhere he commented on the path of alchemy, specifically referring to Hermetic alchemy but likely applies elsewhere, as being more suited to the Kshatriya/Warrior mentality than perhaps pure contemplation.

Another thing of interest is much of the Pali Cannon. Buddha, being a Kshatriya himself, often framed the Noble Path in military terminology, i.e. conquering Mara, making a fortress of your mind, etc. In the same vein the notion of "spiritual combat" or "unseen warfare" in Christian monasticism, Lorenzo Scupoli, etc. takes up a warrior framework in relation to self-mastery.

While much of ancient Druidism has been lost to us, one of the few known Druidic sayings to come down to us is something like, "Worship the immortal gods, do nothing ignoble, and practice manliness." 

I suppose the samurai of the Edo period in Japan provide an interesting model of the warrior ideal in that the samurai remained warriors, practiced the martial arts, had the warrior mentality/spirit, and yet by and large lived in a time of peace. In other words they may provide an excellent resource for how to personally live as a peaceful warrior.

You have figures like Zhang Sanfeng who are associated both with the martial arts and success in neidan, but how much really does the internal martial arts have to deal with Daoist spiritual goals?

you have to store up energy to achieve spiritual abilities.

The energy is based on emotions with lust being the main one.

Lust and anger are closely tied - both from the hypothalamus and dopamine.

This is why a man will be turned into a bitch via other males lusting after his energy.

Most males in the West are actually closeted homosexuals because they have not undergone proper initiation during puberty.

As Gurdjieff says - if a male has sex before puberty then the lust gets hard-wired into the brain as ejaculation addiction.

Such a "Number 1" male - with their shen as lower frequency spiritual light - has their intention to ejaculate as much as possible.

So they are attracted to yin qi energy just as females are attracted to yin qi energy.

Since females are yang internally when they climax then they build up their energy.

A male ejaculation triggers a switch to the sympathetic nervous system with the loss of the lecithin that stores up the qi charge.

So if you start storing up energy what actually happens is you are exorcising the lower energy blockages of people around you.

So if a Number 1 person can not suck off your energy then they will get anger - as the exorcism forces their spirit into a higher frequency against their will.

So this is why building up the foundation is the first step - the yin qi energy requires lots of yin jing which is the lecithin that insulates the neurons.

too much high frequency shen laser energy can fry a person's brain - or shakti transmission.

So this is why at first you do more standing exercises - and best done in solitude.

• Like 2

Here's another interesting thing to inquire upon:

For anyone interested in the warrior way, some element of that mindset or spirit must be within them yet perhaps for some it may not have actualized to its fullest potential.

What are some ways to further awaken and deepen the ideal warrior mentality and spirit in our own lives? How can we more closely imitate the kshatriyas, samurai, knights, Spartans, etc. of history and become more like them in mind and spirit?

• Like 1

I would say that the important emotional traits that a warrior brings to the table can be had just as well by non martial artists but these days they appear to be more and more rare.

One would be determination to continue against strong odds, even if things are going badly or scary, no matter how disappointed you may be in yourself or your progress just maintain that stiff upper lip and keep on going, don't give up.

Another is personal integrity, being ethical, and the most important part of that is being ethical to yourself, which means pure total self honesty.  You admit your faults and mistakes and embrace them, you don't dodge them or make excuses (to yourself) to get out of harsh self examination.  You accept also adversity from others as your training ground instead of complaining.

Another thing, I mentioned above, is being practical and having common sense.  As Lao Txu sez, stick to the main path and don't get distracted by the signposts along the way.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kongming said:

Here's another interesting thing to inquire upon:

For anyone interested in the warrior way, some element of that mindset or spirit must be within them yet perhaps for some it may not have actualized to its fullest potential.

What are some ways to further awaken and deepen the ideal warrior mentality and spirit in our own lives? How can we more closely imitate the kshatriyas, samurai, knights, Spartans, etc. of history and become more like them in mind and spirit?

The original spiritual training for 90% of human history was without warfare.

So the inspiration for the training was to heal the females and also to be better hunters.

So the bow was charged up with qi energy - it was played as a music instrument also - and this qi energy is then used to track and attract animals.

The spirit of animals are then communicated with - and so qigong masters also do healings on ghosts.

So it is the emotional yin qi blockages that manifest also in spirit form - whether as animals killed from hunting or from people dead.

So the original human culture focused on healing dead people as spirits also who are attached to living humans and so can cause sickness.

So the main sickness healed is lust as jealousy and anger - and so the males were trained to not fight nor kill each other.

So what inspired the males is the females singing all night - as this is the jing energy - the voice.

The males then dance all night - and this requires amazing stamina. The original humans would run marathon distances to tire out the animals they were hunting - because the actual arrows were small but poisoned with no antidote but the poison was slow acting.

So as is taught in meditation - the greatest people to conquer is the Self as one's own mind - as any anger, etc. is just a projection of the ego, and not the truth of reality.

So then the highest level qigong masters - as I have described - like Yan Xin - he was challenged by Japan's top qigong master to a duel. But Yan Xin never fought the man - instead the man attacked him with his qi and Yan Xin just defused it beyond death - into the universal Emptiness.

The qigong master I trained with described this as well - he was teaching a class and a couple in the back were using their energy to take his energy. He just let them keep taking his energy - until they realized that the energy source he relies on is infinite and unlimited, as he can then just recharge his energy at the same rate that they were taking it.

So then their minds became opened up to their hearts as the truth of reality and they stopped trying to take his energy.

But to do this is a very high level of spiritual healing.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Kongming said:

Yes I think that point is touched upon in 'Introduction to Magic'. I will have to re-read that tab. I like the active, mental processing it entails. I just saw your thread in the Esoteric section, funny as I am just about to start examining his 'Hermetic Tradition' book today.... Looking to transmute the black, leaden words in the furnace of my I mind into practical neural pathways of conductive gold. 

Such shame, much loss. One of the main reasons I am delving into Daoism, is not for any particular liking of Chinese culture or Daoism itself, although I have come to regard it as indeed the premier 'roadmap' available this day and age, for my consciousness.... But is because they have Masters willing to share with a humble student, still have the juice!!! and weren't 'dumb'/blindsided/steamrolled enough to lose it! To find and embody the core principles, and take that compass back and apply it to what scant remains of the lore my pre-christian ancestors once had is my guiding light. 

In the post-gunpowder age, a truly noble pursuit nonetheless yet it is no longer possible for one to be adept with a sword, a fist or any face-face instrument and tactfully plan movement across a battlefield and act with a lithe, lethal and precise 'warrior-heart-mind' when he reaches the 'enemy' lines.... It is just indiscriminate killing via machine gun diagonal killzones. Grown up gamer nerds with drones. Or thugs with handguns. I toyed with the army route earlier in life, realized the above, and thought, yeah.... nah.

So I agree, studying these traditions and applying the principles into our own personal context is a Way, learning the 'warrior way' to (eventually) function as a physically prime, efficient, solid, flexible, open and wise Zhenren holding your own, acting as a pole and lantern of dignity for others in the midst of foul and steadily degrading civiliszations is the right objective, rather than becoming an illuminated flipping out over9000 chain combo decapitating berserkninjavviszard (But that would come in handy if in a pinch, i.e, Cuchulain.)

Not much I can add there, except for the old adage, 'as above so below' 'inside and outside' 'microcosm macrocosm' - as one masters the internal motion world, mastering external physical manoeuvres would seem to be the natural extension,  

-"why not both?" as the Old El Paso Hard and Soft Tacos girl so wiszeheadly proclaims-

external enchanced by internal, internal condensed by external - catapulting both? - and naturally, by mastering the internal, 'you' are 'your' master, and by mastering your external martial prowess, none can master you.

...Submitting only to what is necessary to live harmoniously within societal norms... "Ride the Tiger" as Evola said... Haven't read it, but I guess that's the gist of it lol. 

Reminds me of a meme I saw, ((some) are (unintentionally) brilliant modern day 'intiatic' symboltexts imho) Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee chilling on a sofa wearing ridiculous black lace-up low-cut v-neck see-through tank-tops, a standard in todays 'hussie' wear. The caption read 'so and so invented the thot(that ho over there) look' and a retweeter had commented "that's because you can wear anything you like when no-one can whoop your arse." ....Sounded very Chang-Tzu Daoistesque to me.

6 hours ago, voidisyinyang said:

you have to store up energy to achieve spiritual abilities.

The energy is based on emotions with lust being the main one.

Lust and anger are closely tied - both from the hypothalamus and dopamine.

"It is lust only, Arjuna, which is born of contact with the material modes of passion and later transformed into wrath, and which is the all-devouring, sinful enemy of this world."

The first, and hardest obstacle. 

This is why a man will be turned into a bitch via other males lusting after his energy.

Most males in the West are actually closeted homosexuals because they have not undergone proper initiation during puberty.

So if you start storing up energy what actually happens is you are exorcising the lower energy blockages of people around you.

So if a Number 1 person can not suck off your energy then they will get anger - as the exorcism forces their spirit into a higher frequency against their will.

Indeed, I remember reading one of your blog posts describing the interactions with your brother-in-law? and work colleagues, how they would sneak up on you and touch you and drop lewd comments etc to siphon your energy. When I read this I was shocked and contemplated and started to pay sharp attention to my surroundings.

I began to notice, that what you describe here is exactly what occurs. Very, very creepy. Men in public would constantly be staring at me, work colleagues would always try to make meaningless conversation that would inevitably take a lewd turn and although I have always disliked shaking hands, pats on the back etc, and emit a general 'f*ck off' vibe and perform a polite head nod at these moments, any man with the slightest reason too would try to forcefully shake my hand, literally thrusting their pointed hand like a spear into close proximity of my solar plexus.... The cording zone according to some traditions.... and often the stalk up behind and touch on the shoulder or lower back manoeuvre would occur, to my shock and disgust. It was a true revelation at how much this subtly goes on without one realizing or knowing the real true significance!

I began to implement awareness and curtail any physical contact or unnecessary conversation. And what you state is exactly what happens, if a standard male is blocked from un/consciously connecting to my sphere in their lust for yin qi, you can see the light of anger rising within their hollow eyes which simmers into thirsty looks of contempt. All good, not my emotiomental sphere.

So this is why at first you do more standing exercises - and best done in solitude.

Good advice voidisyinyang, one in this line of 'training' must be constantly vigilant, (myself I am a bit to lax to even claim I train, although I do-non-do at least an hour a day. This is why I am interested in the 'warrior path' - to trace out anothers disciplined steps, to learn to roll off my back, crawl, walk, and run in discipline.) I enjoyed reading your often humorous written adventures in this regard to vigilance for your energy in the workplace. Anyway, due to the lack of genuine initiation rituals for passing from hornymanchild to manhood in our modern societies (as you said), it would seem the classic archetype of the seductive female sexual energy vampire,

(a gross inversion of the traditional role as seen Bushmen culture that you have expounded.) 

is not the greatest 'threat.' .... It's the man'skeletons' in the 'closet.' (Apart from the general unconscious number1 man, an example would be the shriveled up 'priests'/'elites' that are so often caught 'feeding' on defenseless young boys.)

3 hours ago, voidisyinyang said:

The qigong master I trained with described this as well - he was teaching a class and a couple in the back were using their energy to take his energy. He just let them keep taking his energy - until they realized that the energy source he relies on is infinite and unlimited, as he can then just recharge his energy at the same rate that they were taking it.

So then their minds became opened up to their hearts as the truth of reality and they stopped trying to take his energy.

But to do this is a very high level of spiritual healing.

Interesting. I have had many sensations and dreams of this exact scenario occurring, well, not in a classroom environment.... A local v''v-itch and her ilk realized I was a 'chi machine' long before I did. That leech ran deep.

Starjumper that is sage advice. B) .

A long ramble, but to finish you guys may be interested in the book 'Thunder in the Sky' by Thomas Cleary. Not a warrior way book per-se, it is a translation of the 'GuiGuzi' (Master of Demon Valley). A penetratingly opening and jarringly closing, dangerously illuminating, read. Not a book for petty, materialistic or moraless hands. Cleary's book includes a second translated text 'The Master of the Hidden Storehouse' as an essential counterbalance to it. Here's the introduction.

Spoiler

Scan_20170710.png.d9af3681193a4087f69a8b0fbc9a3c8e.png

Spoiler

5962ce8c4d333_Scan_20170710(2).png.e34c2d7975da157ca96ec02b2638033b.png

Spoiler

5962ce9994930_Scan_20170710(3).png.4c04bdc0027e6bb647e37001cae9bb76.png

Spoiler

11. Tranquility

Tranquility means going through in harmony. As for the qualities of the hexagram,
above is earth,
submissive,
and below is heaven,
strong:
Yang is strong inside, yin is submissive outside. Strength and submission unified, yin and yang correspond;

it therefore is called tranquility.

• Like 3