voidisyinyang

Crocodile is original origin of Chinese Dragon: Ancient Taoist Origins

3 hours ago, Starjumper said:

I was asked to delete my answer to the quote that was deleted.

Graceful of you to do so.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, voidisyinyang said:

Point being that the phrase is used to claim that cultures follow the development of the embryo - so for example it was claimed by Piaget that certain cultures still have the mentalities of 5 year olds, and this line of thinking the justified claims of people still being "subhumans" etc.

My brother-in-law who is a blue-blood Aryan Reptilian said he was not African since he didn't live in trees. Nice.

But anyway crocodiles apparently when transformed into dragons are quite finicky about their ontogeny. haha. If it is a European crocodilian dragon then they have wings, meaning they are more "evolved" like birds. haha. Hilarious.

I cant help the fact that people use knowledge for their own purposes, nor that people harbor race issues. I was told that the Nazis used Darwin's work as well, and that Neitzsche was also was suborned as Nazi ideology. To be frank I am not sure Aryan actually was anything real , nor were early Caucasians , both fair haired and blue eyed, I'm thinking the norm was actually dark haired and blue eyed. ( European dragons have bat-like wings , if they have them , bird wings have always been feathered) 

• Like 1

Now .....  wouldnt one create a dragon from that   ^  or a fossil of something  *  

rather  than a crocodile !  

• Like 4

True, but those arent the ancestors of birds, flight evolved in different lines at several times, feathers pre-date bird wings.... according to more recent conclusions, youre about twenty years behind. :)

• Like 2

My dragon pic needs more time, it isnt coming along , last one looks like

a balrog.  I want to go back to simpler times ,technology makes me angry. 

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

Just grab someone else's and Photoshop it.  Nearly everyone does it.

He He he, yeah , that would be the slick thing. 

It got me thinking though, back in the old days , if you went bird watching, you took a pair of binoculars , decided what you think you just saw, and that was the end of it , now with digital ,  I can take a picture home to fuss with, then go to the books to check myself , and still not be sure because the books don't thoroughly cover everything, and then you have to keep in mind that anyone else is going to say your conclusion was wrong because they aren't weighing the info as you did. 

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Stosh said:

I know the feeling.  I've found that it's much easier and peaceful to use paper and pencil ... and an eraser, using a computer to design things, like a small aircraft, that aren't all square with straight lines like a house just gets quite tedious and time consuming, and ya, it brings up impatience too.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

I know the feeling.  I've found that it's much easier and peaceful to use paper and pencil ... and an eraser, using a computer to design things, like a small aircraft, that aren't all square with straight lines like a house just gets quite tedious and time consuming, and ya, it brings up impatience too.

Yessir , you got it right. I did a digital griffin a long time ago, came out pretty good , I was going to apply the same photoshop techniques , for the dragon , ,, it didnt flow this time. 

Maybe I just  need a clearer vision of what I am trying to put forth .. but paper and pencil, would have been a relief,  better yet , clay,  or the plaster you suggested , so my hands can do the three dimensional work my brain cant handle well. 

• Like 1

Problem is delicacy and firing, I had plans years ago to fire this hippo head raised on a plate with an artistic waterhole glaze . They closed the studio an ear broke off and I just havent gotten back into any of that. 

I might add this wasnt the extent of my projects, most of the students in the class make ashtray sized things . At home I made coil pots which were about a foot tall but had to have them fire in their kiln , they fired all the tiny stuff and postponed mine until they decided to just end. I took my best piece to a school where the instructor was running a kiln and put it in there but when the stuff was collectively fired my piece disappeared since I wasn't there to take it back. I never got to see it finished, other things I just took some pix of and got rid of them , but that one I think would've been pretty nice , because after drying it to green ware I shaved it down , thin and smooth and gave it a bold off set glaze.

DSCN3425.JPG

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 1

I dont do much magical critter stuff , but this is the griffin I did, which began as a cow.

griffin rocky versionsquare  600 px .jpg

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Stosh said:

True, but those arent the ancestors of birds, flight evolved in different lines at several times, feathers pre-date bird wings.... according to more recent conclusions, youre about twenty years behind. :)

WTF ?  Huh ?   What have birds got to do with it ?   Or the evolution of flight ?     and I am 20 years behind what  ?   :huh:

What I meant was  ... well ,  what I already said. I will try to be clearer .

It seems to me that  there is more likely hood that someone would see a flying a lizard and imagine a giant one , as some type of dragon , or see the fossil of something that looks like a  big flying lizard monster thing and imagine it looked like  something like a dragon ...  rather than seeing a crocodile walking around and imagining it could fly and then  changing its head and ... etc .

I   was postulating how dragons got 'made up '  ... nothing to do with bird evolution or the evolution of flight ( and they are not even flying they were 'jump gliding'  ) .

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Stosh said:

Sorry, Balrogs evolved much later than fish ...  

Spoiler

;)  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Marblehead said:

Just grab someone else's and Photoshop it.  Nearly everyone does it.

Why bother with photoshop .... I bet  you can find a picture on the internet of anything  you can imagine    ... or any subject . 

( dont get too carried away with that .... you might shock yourself   . ) 

Eg, one time at easter I ;  ' Why dont they make chocolate jesus on a cross for easter instead of eggs ? '  .......  and someone ;  " They already do ! "  

You can even get a 'two tone'     'top deck '    ' ebony and ivory '    version     :) 

Image result for chocolate jesus on cross

Surely substituting that for a dry piece of cardboard at 'communion time '  would  solve the dropping church attendance problem ? 

There are more things on     the internet      Horatio,  than are dreamt of in your philosophy . 

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Stosh said:

Balrogs are cool but I don't want to be one.

You could sketch it with an analog device (like a pencil or crayon) and then take a picture of it.

• Like 2

Or maybe we had dragons.

I mean, how much more bizarre would that be than fireflies or platypuses or narwals or Portuguese man-of-wars, for instance?

Pretty much more bizarre . 

Since we have fossils and living examples of all of those sorts of things  except dragons .  

Regarding the platypus ..... did you know that the Aboriginals considered them an entirely sensible and natural animal   ;) 

Whereas them buck-toothed flappy tailed dam builder things you got over there  ......   :wacko:

However I will credit you on the  fireflys and  collective entities of the  'blue bottle '  ( the bane of my early childhood beach days !  :angry: )

Image result for beach covered in blue bottles

sometimes the surf would be abso FULL of them :(  

Related image

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Nungali said:

Pretty much more bizarre . 

Since we have fossils and living examples of all of those sorts of things  except dragons .  

Regarding the platypus ..... did you know that the Aboriginals considered them an entirely sensible and natural animal   ;) 

Whereas them buck-toothed flappy tailed dam builder things you got over there  ......   :wacko:

However I will credit you on the  fireflys and  collective entities of the  'blue bottle '  ( the bane of my early childhood beach days !  :angry: )

Image result for beach covered in blue bottles

sometimes the surf would be abso FULL of them :(  

Related image

Wouldnt your megalania qualify as an Aussie dragon?.........  Y'all really do seem to have the most dangerous wildlife. 

14 hours ago, Nungali said:

Why bother with photoshop .... I bet  you can find a picture on the internet of anything  you can imagine    ... or any subject 

I looked long and hard for anything similar to the dragon I saw and there was nothing close.  A lot of them were duckbilled with big flaring nostrils at the end of the duck bill, with all kinds of horns and whiskers and things all over the face and head.   The only ones that looked realistic were depictions of some dinosaurs.  Maybe there is something better now, I should look.

20 hours ago, Stosh said:

I dont do much magical critter stuff , but this is the griffin I did, which began as a cow.

griffin rocky versionsquare  600 px .jpg

I think it's amazing that you can get from a cow to something like this with a computer, for example, the fur.  I suppose there's a program for everything now.

• Like 1

< thread drift >

I've seen some demons too, and the closest thing I've seen to an accurate depiction of them were the bad guys in the movie "The Fifth Element"

< thread drift / >

• Like 1