Shiny

Celibacy and Will Power

I am new to the site and joined after getting enlightened about few things relating to celibacy and will power.

I want to share my experience and knowledge in brief. I am staying in India currently.

I have been a long believer in science and scientific logic and excluded anything and everything not in sync with scientific principles.

However, my interest is gradually starting to develop in things that exist or that happen but still there is no scientific  evidence yet to prove it.

Meditation, for example till last few decades had no scientific approval. Science used to laugh it away. Yoga is another.

If we go further, even God is not approved by science yet.

Would it not be appropriate to say that science is just trying to give us answer to  many things that exist already,  Science has not created

Sun or Moon.

Yes scientific discoveries benefit us all tremendously. But science is evolving at all times. It is not complete.  

So, what exists is more powerful than science. Science is just a student.

The bottom line is  that what science says today may be different what it say and does tomorrow.

Therefore many ancient things are more powerful than science, e.g. spirituality. Why; because that exists, science is not powerful enough

today to explain it, To  pronounce a theory on it yet.

That lead us to consider that ancient shastras, ancient scripts, old  principles that may be related to  spirituality, health or anything else

deserve more attention.

Modern medical science says that Celibacy is not good or at least it is not beneficial to us. Or semen retention is not healthy.

But some of our ancient scripts says that semen has divine energy into it.

Mahatma Gandhi, as we all know, practiced celibacy for some time, considerable long time. His grandson explains why Gandhi undertook

celibacy in an interview on You tube. He says that Gandhi believed that he  needed a lot of inner energy (not necessarily physical energy),

soul power, a moral force to tackle a lot of difficult problems of his time. 

So whether or not semen retention or celibacy has any medical  benefits, it definitely has spiritual power in it. It empowers you, it gives you

the divine confidence that you are beyond the ordinary.  Therefore will power is something, which science will take many decades to explain.

But our ancient spiritual masters has already explained it thousands and thousand of years ago.

I welcome views of fellow members on this.

Love to all.

Hello Shiny, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi Shiny, 

I talk about will power but not celibacy.  And Brain does such a good job with science I rarely have to say anything there.

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

• Like 1

On 7/2/2017 at 6:24 PM, Marblehead said:

I talk about will power

Hi Shiny,

Like Marblehead, I would like to add a little on willpower.

I have a Guru based in India. We have put our heads together thus:

For fruition, we need to add these to willpower as a cyclic flow - knowledge and action.

Shine on.

- LimA

• Like 2

I was taught,

good science tells us what things are

good religion tells us how to use them ethically. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thelerner said:

I was taught,

good science tells us what things are

good religion tells us how to use them ethically

Hi thelerner.

Interestingly my discussions with Guru-ji pertain to transitions from the secular to the spiritual domains.

Goodnight.

- LimA

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, thelerner said:

I was taught - been here long enough to know better

Hi again thelerner,

Before I sleep, I would like to share the attached with you - outcomes of my discussions with Guru-ji.

ZZZzzz....................

- LimA

Revised SSCF models (A).pdf

Edited by Limahong
Correct typo error.
  • Like 1