silent thunder

Blocking/Ignoring Topics

On 07/17/2017 at 0:06 PM, Spotless said:

When I open TTB I click on Activity and then on Topics.

Is there a work around that can eliminate some of those Topics from showing up?

This is basically what I would like to see as an Ignore Topic button - a button that obscures the topic unless I explicitly go looking for it again. Or perhaps a button that allows me to put any topic I want in a scrap bin that I can always look at when I want but that goes there completely with regard to all future searches anywhere on the site for me. ( I would prefer the second of those two options).

Hi Spotless, and all.

One thing I do - that eliminates seeing (even in Activity&Topics lists) most of that stuff - is to come in without logging in, or logging out after getting here. That takes care of Off Grid & all PPFs. 

A quick log in to read private areas, or check for PMs, Notifications, etc, after reading/browsing does the trick... or rather did - I have both of those turned off. That helps a lot, too. lolol

• Like 1

Then again... nothing blocks that horrid red tag bar across the top of that Help Me thread. wtf??

We really need a Topic Ignore function. How much are they? Cant be much. Pony up ffs, Sean.

• Like 1

Would it not be better to just remove ones own inner desire to view something rather then have an external 

agency take care of it.  For things or people I don't care for I just ignore them,

not be attached to the topic or the person.

Yeah, but, if a member visits here as I do and always go through the "Unread Content" it would make movement through the new posts much easier.

Mostly, the threads I don't follow closely are those that I don't want to get involved in and end up making some off-the-wall comment that takes the thread off topic.  (I'm good at doing that, you know.)

• Like 2

20 hours ago, rene said:

Then again... nothing blocks that horrid red tag bar across the top of that Help Me thread. wtf??

We really need a Topic Ignore function. How much are they? Cant be much. Pony up ffs, Sean.

I'd make another donation to cover the cost.

• Like 1

FYI:  I'm trying to press this request again... and upgrade to newest version.

• Like 4

On 3/3/2018 at 1:26 PM, dawei said:

FYI:  I'm trying to press this request again... and upgrade to newest version.

Please let me know when I can ignore Drew Hempel's posts :D

never mind...found it

Edited by dwai
  • Like 2