I really want to astral project. Has anyone discovered a good way of inducing sleep paralysis so that it will happen when you are conscious?

Though there are methods that use sleep paralysis to start astral projection,

Sleep paralysis if NOT required to do astral projection.

Usually people start with lucid dreaming to become conscious while asleep. There are methods for transitioning from a lucid dream to astral projection. Again, no sleep paralysis required.

Check out Robert Bruce (Astral Dynamics) for good instructions on how to astral project without sleep paralysis.

If you really want to project while awake, check out Robert Monroe's mental projection. Note: they sell a hemi-sync device to aid the process, that is NOT required either.

• Like 1

I agree. I have found that trying to remain conscious does not necessarily result in sleep paralysis either. Personally, in my projections (where I went from a conscious waking state straight to an astral projection), sleep paralysis was never achieved. The moment of separating the astral from physical body was during a state of 'vibrations' however I never felt like I was in sleep paralysis. I think that a better goal would be to achieve the vibration stage, and not worry about SP. I think that the method is irrelevant if the destination is achieved.

• Like 1

I agree. I have found that trying to remain conscious does not necessarily result in sleep paralysis either. Personally, in my projections (where I went from a conscious waking state straight to an astral projection), sleep paralysis was never achieved. The moment of separating the astral from physical body was during a state of 'vibrations' however I never felt like I was in sleep paralysis. I think that a better goal would be to achieve the vibration stage, and not worry about SP. I think that the method is irrelevant if the destination is achieved.

I consider that to be sleep paralysis. How did you achieve it? Did it just come from meditation?

I will definitely look into going from a lucid dream to an astral projection. Thanks.

I think the state of my mind and body were likely similar to what most people define as 'sleep paralysis', but I never felt any of the classic symptoms of SP. It was mostly the result of concentration and energy-meditation. And then, after a short while, the vibration state occurs. I don't follow Robert Bruce's methods, and I don't employ an exit method. I simply 'push' my consciousness out during the vibrations. One time it felt like I shot through my third eye.

• Like 1

I think the state of my mind and body were likely similar to what most people define as 'sleep paralysis', but I never felt any of the classic symptoms of SP. It was mostly the result of concentration and energy-meditation. And then, after a short while, the vibration state occurs. I don't follow Robert Bruce's methods, and I don't employ an exit method. I simply 'push' my consciousness out during the vibrations. One time it felt like I shot through my third eye.

So do you, sir, do this regularly? How long do you usually meditate before this happens?

More than a few times: enough to confirm it is a viable method. I'd say at least 30 minutes. One time I recall it only took few minutes, but I was very sleepy. I think that is the right time to attempt this for consistent results: after several hours of sleep, so say, 3AM.

• Like 1

More than a few times: enough to confirm it is a viable method. I'd say at least 30 minutes. One time I recall it only took few minutes, but I was very sleepy. I think that is the right time to attempt this for consistent results: after several hours of sleep, so say, 3AM.

Thanks! I will try tonight

I've found this hypnotic induction to be one of the deepest around.  Having you repeatedly go deeper and deeper. No ecstasy but it puts you under deeply which in itself is a form of trance paralysis.  Best listened to while lying down.

Haven't listened to it, but she has a short one on astral projection.  Note if it was as easy as listening to a 10 minute script then everyone would be doing it.  That's not to say there aren't lessons and some enjoyment to be learned from it.