Sign in to follow this  
3bob

has Trump earned a straight-jacket yet?

I still see the polarization. "sigh" There is one party the Plutocrat party with two right wings the Republican and the Democratic wings.

Trump does not belong in a straight jacket, he is not crazy.

I am going to sit back and see what he does. My prediction is the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. The perfect plutocrat dream.

• Like 1

I am going to sit back and see what he does. My prediction is the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. The perfect plutocrat dream.

Yeah, but that has been going on for the last 16 years already.  Hard to stop a ball when it's rolling down hill.

Yeah, but that has been going on for the last 16 years already.  Hard to stop a ball when it's rolling down hill.

I think it started in the 80's. Yeah the ball is pretty darn big now.

• Like 1

I gave this thought.  No, we were both facing in the same direction.  There was apparently a "Y" in the road and he made a different choice than I did.  He took the road of more controls - I'm an Anarchist.

This has been the modus operandi of his entire career, formalized during his studies at IAF. His existence from womb to White House has been within a bubble of authoritarian inculcation (collectivist statism except for the years spent in an effectively theocratic environment) but he learned the tactic of doing the moonwalk in order to face in one direction while moving in the opposite with intentionality. His parents, his grandparents, the mentor who taught him about being black, the people he surrounded himself with in college and associated himself with in Chicago -- his entire world has been the lane going the other direction from you. You perceive him to have made mistakes and to have screwed things up because you believe that you and he share some common experiences and began with a common footing. Once your perspective pivots to see that his path has been counter to yours since the day he was born, you will see that he has been extremely successful in achieving his objectives -- the difficulty is that those objectives seem so alien and he so carefully postures that the American public wants to give him the benefit of the doubt. This is why his approval ratings are very high despite polls showing most Americans think the country under him has been on the wrong path. People like him and don't want to believe his motives have truly been aligned with his accomplishments so they believe, instead, that he made some mistakes. Once or twice? Absolutely! But when almost every single action moves in the same direction, it's not an accident.
  • Like 3

As I've said before... Want an interesting study and a good take-away from all of this? Read "The Wizard of Oz and Other Narcissists" by E. Payson. The highest rated book at amazon on narcissism.

Edited by Trunk

In my opinion, exploring the concept of "narcissism" is probably the worst entry point imaginable if your goal is to heal.

I think Trump's demeanor is what really kills him. He is always acting and talking like everything is problematic. While Obama is cool and collected and talking about visions for the future.

I think Trump's demeanor is what really kills him. He is always acting and talking like everything is problematic. While Obama is cool and collected and talking about visions for the future.

That sounded funny to me.  You don't like an arrogant person but you view positively a sleazy liar.

• Like 2

What?

I had to go back to see why I said that.  Started listening to the video and it took only one minute for me to understand why.  Sam is ultra liberal, Sam openly supports Clinton and suggests that she would be a good president.  Even after her gross negligence of getting our embassy employees in Libya killed. 

No, I do not support anyone who is ultra anything.  America didn't become strong by doing that but it has recently become weak as far as world leadership is concerned because of our ultra dictatorial mentality toward other countries.

Did anyone see where Clintons Lawyers were asking Obama to pardon her? That is either a fake news story or one heck of an admission of guilt. Pretty sure she needs convicted first.

If they pull some stunt of convicting her then pardoning here before Trump gets sworn in tomorrow it will mark the end of Presidential Pardons which after what the outgoing president has pulled, proves the presidential pardon should not be permitted to be used by an outgoing president.

• Like 1

I had to go back to see why I said that.  Started listening to the video and it took only one minute for me to understand why.  Sam is ultra liberal, Sam openly supports Clinton and suggests that she would be a good president.  Even after her gross negligence of getting our embassy employees in Libya killed. 

No, I do not support anyone who is ultra anything.  America didn't become strong by doing that but it has recently become weak as far as world leadership is concerned because of our ultra dictatorial mentality toward other countries.

I don't expect you to care all that much about this one man in particular, but in the interest of fairness I'd encourage you to learn a bit more about him before labeling him "ultra"-anything -- he attempts to approach subjects of interest with caution, with an apparent desire to learn from others and acknowledge when he's made a mistake. He does make mistakes, and there are various things I disagree with him on, but generally I think he wanders between "left" and "right" politics pretty equally and makes some very good arguments.

As far as "ultra liberal"... where are you getting that? And what does it mean? He describes himself as liberal, but why "ultra"?? He's pro-gay marriage and taxing the wealthy, but he's also pro-gun and vocally anti-Islam. That's not ultra-liberal to me.

Aside from that, he doesn't talk of being a fervent Clinton supporter, only that she is the lesser of two evils. And I think he makes the point well.

Well you probably know how I feel about the Trump/Clinton debate by now.

Hi dust,

Sure, I made my statement based on that video.  I have heard others talk about him but haven't spent any time listening to him.  Similar with Limbaugh.  It took less than a minute for me to label him ultra conservative.

I consider myself to be middle of the road conservative.

I didn't want to vote for Trump but I did only because my best friend voted for Clinton.  I nullified his vote (his nullified mine).

But anyhow, Trump is now president.  The Liberals have started their efforts to impeach him.  (No different from what the Republicans did with Obama.)  (Some people have more time and money than they need to be wasting it like that.)

Edited by Marblehead
  • Like 2

Sign in to follow this