Geof Nanto

Summer Solstice

Yang is peaking.

I thought I get this one in as a reminder that not all Dao Bums live in the northern hemisphere. It’s early Wednesday morning where I live in Australia. The sun has just risen; it’s golden light shining through the trees. We’re looking at another hot day, maximum in the high 30’s deg C (that’s nudging 100 F).  

• Like 7

What I don't understand is, why don't y'all fall off? Velcro on the soles of your feet or something...

:D

Happy Solstice!

• Like 4

What I don't understand is, why don't y'all fall off? Velcro on the soles of your feet or something...

Thanks for your humour. :) But seriously, it's interesting to note how the standard model of our Earth with the north pole at the top naturally inclines us to perceive this way, even though we know that really there is no top or bottom. A simple but stark reminder of the pervasive power of the conditioned reality we all live in to create delusions. 

• Like 6

Thanks for your humour. :) But seriously, it's interesting to note how the standard model of our Earth with the north pole at the top naturally inclines us to perceive this way, even though we know that really there is no top or bottom. A simple but stark reminder of the pervasive power of the conditioned reality we all live in to create delusions.

Maps as well, not only in terms of orientation but placement. Saw a thing where they presented Westerners with a map simply skewed to be centered on Asia and it was like they were looking at another planet.

We so rarely recognize the extent to which our realities are framed for us.

• Like 2

Yueya, it's just a perception like many others...let me give you a hint...the real you is not even located in this physical plane. Let's find out where we all really are...let the journey begin. :)

This Fire Monkey summer is being very benign so far, nothing like the past two years, far too Yang for me: Wood Horse and Wood Sheep. Metal controlling the excessive Wood movement especially being in a southeast location (fire + wood). Metal years and animal years are the best in Australia. I look forward to 2017.

• Like 1

Next you'll be claiming that the USA is not the greatest country on earth...

;)

• Like 2

:D

Happy Solstice!

Diamonds under our shoes .

• Like 3

"Winter" Solstice in South China, but I'm sitting on the balcony as the clock hits midnight, enjoying temperatures in the mid 20s. The mosquitos seem to be just as thrilled to still be alive.

• Like 1

So under foot eh.

I always thought it is in the sky where diamonds were to be found. After finding Lucy first, of course.

• Like 3