Taoist Texts

Liu Huayang

"Now, by means of simple, straightforward language, I will pass on the Treasure of the Buddha, offering it as if on a tray to enable followers in the world … As you examine the Huiming Jing it is indeed the same as if I were telling it  to you with my own mouth

It is only necessary to rouse your will and dedicate all your energy—you need not go to some other mountain to seek further help—and you will be able to establish and manifest the Buddha Fruit.  *This was my original intent in toiling bitterly to find a teacher and awaken to the Tao.* "

Introduction transmitted in the summer of the year jiayin of in the reign of the emperor Qianlong,37 at Hukou,3S by Liu Huayang of Mount Lu, [written down] at the Temple of Dedication and Purity in Wancheng.

/ THE HUIMING JING: A TRANSLATION AND DISCUSSION By JAMES MICHAEL NICHOLSON B.A., The University of Victoria, 1993 A THESIS SUBMITTED IN PARTIAL FULFILMENT OF THE REQUIREMENTS FOR THE DEGREE OF MASTER OF ARTS in THE FACULTY OF GRADUATE STUDIES  (Department of Asian Studies)/

The author was quite clear.

• Like 1

I dont make guesses I know with certainty from books. This verse does not say that only way to study is with a teacher.

饶君聪慧过颜闵,不遇真师莫强猜。

Even if your abundant wisdom surpasses the knowledge of Yan and Min,
Without meeting a true teacher you shouldn't just stubbornly make guesses.

It says everything you can do without the teacher - is making guesses  :excl:

See? This says that I can make golden elixir without a verbal teaching.

只为金丹无口诀,教君何处结灵胎。

Only practicing "golden elixir" without a verbal teaching,
From what place would you learn how to concieve the spiritual fetus?

It says of self-made fake "golden elixir".

Both quotes say you can't complete Dao without true Teacher.

Thats a very very bad translation.

Empty words. More specifically please.

Edited by A.A.Khokhlov

Personally to me you don't seem to be a teacher. Your attitude, behavior and knowleadge on the subject  leave much to be desired  

I dont care;)

You havn't got my point. No one should prove anything to you. I can only imagine a situation when someone who wants to recieve authentic methods in Daoist tradition, goes to China and finally meets the Teacher and says then: PROVE! Interesting what this Teaher will answer to you. First you need to have a proper attitude to meet a real Teacher and be quite humble in order to recieve even a reply to any of your questions. 

I just  said that you people have no results thats all.

In ancient china, people have the different definition about a true teacher.

A true teacher is not a teacher belong to some big rich school.

One said that he met a true teacher means "true" teachers, someone achieved some results and this results can convince the learner.

But we need to know the learner is the book writer.

Before he met the "true" teacher, he already chase for dao for a long time.

And he can know what is right or wrong.

So he will not go to learn from the one that he think it is wrong.

Even if the school is so big and rich, so many people believe in it.

• Like 1

饶君聪慧过颜闵,不遇真师莫强猜。

Even if your abundant wisdom surpasses the knowledge of Yan and Min,
Without meeting a true teacher you shouldn't just stubbornly make guesses.

It says everything you can do without the teacher - is making guesses  :excl:

So you provide an english translation and then explain that it does not  say what it says. Okey;)

Liu Huayang himself had a teacher, just like any other Daoist master.

He only stayed with his teacher for three days.

• Like 1

Liu Huayang himself had a teacher, just like any other Daoist master.

Yes. and then he wrote a book that replaces a teacher. Have you guys even read HMJ?

• Like 2

#17 i simply do not understand what you are saying.

And you declares you understand Liu Huayang not being able to understand my simple words? 

Yes, that translate is not match the meaning.

只为金丹无口诀,教君何处结灵胎。

Only practicing "golden elixir" without a verbal teaching,

From what place would you learn how to concieve the spiritual fetus?

-------

Let me try to rewrite it.

Because there is no verbal teaching in golden dan to let you know where to curdle the 靈胎

You probably misread something. There is no "Because" and no "to" in Chinese text.

Some wu Liu pai's practicer told what 靈胎 they saw.

It is totally different from 黃庭經

But they call that is a success.

If you would like to correct some Chinese WuLiupai imposters please use Chinese forums for it. If you are not able to do it - we can try.

Being official representatives of WuLiupai School we care of it's good name as well as of health and fate of its students.

If you really want to help students of any possible WuLiupai imposters in China I publicly ask you to write Chinese names (+ any contacts) of students who you think are being fooled and especially - names and contacts of instructors in China who are teaching them. I am willing to recieve the above either publicly or privatly, in PM or by email [email protected]. We will contact these people as well as leaders of our School in China to resolve the situation.

Maybe tradition does not, but Liu Huayang does. I learned it from him.

You can think you have learnt, but actually you didn't. Same as Liu Huayang himself writes and same as writings of numerous Patriarchs, without having verbal teaching from true Teacher you wouldn't be able to get the alchemy result.

And we are not only basing on the texts as you do. We are basing on the text explained to us verbally by modern WuLiupai Patriarch who is a direct descendant of Wu Chongxu (not only in School, but even genetically) and recieved full family transmission from his Ancestors.

Edited by A.A.Khokhlov

And you declares you understand Liu Huayang not being able to understand my simple words? 

Your english is sub-par for this conversation but Liu's chinese is perfect. I am sure you see the difference.

modern WuLiupai Patriarch who is a direct descendant of Wu Chongxu (not only in School, but even genetically) and recieved full family transmission from his Ancestors.

Wu left his family at 20 years old and was a daoist apprentice since 16 years old. It his highly unlikely that he had any kids. I think somebody pulled a fast one on you.

http://qianfengdaoismuk.weebly.com/master-wu-shouyang-202372343238451-1574-1644.html

You are asking for some free teaching;)

Don't get confused - politeness and asking only look similar.

I just  said that you people have no results thats all.

One message from this forum (one among hundreds of real life-changing results we have in our Center):

Ish, I can attest to the demonstrable results of the school. I was very sick and close to death, hospitalized twice and suffered from a complete body shutdown the 2nd time I was in the hospital. After I began Daogong, within the first week of training my symptoms improved. Every so often I have a bad day, but now I am able to function like a completely normal person and I have only been training for a little over 1 year. No other system has been able to do that for me, not SFQ, not Vajrasattva Qigong, not Yang Style Taiji and not even Buddhist Medical Qigong that I learned from a temple. There is definitely something within this tradition that sets it apart from anything else. Whereas 90% of modern qigong is imbalanced in some way and can only help certain people, Daogong (which is level -1) can benefit anyone. It can benefit anyone because it is totally balanced in all aspects.

It says of self-made fake "golden elixir"

Please point the 'fake' here

只为金丹无口诀

It is not a translation, I've posted the translation earlier. This is my explanation for those who can't even distinguish between two messages.

He only stayed with his teacher for three days.

Can you please point us to any source of this statement? Like historical chronicle, taoist text, etc.

Best Regards,

A.A.Khokhlov

Yes, Liu Huayang's Chinese is perfect, and that's exactly why you have so much problems understanding him :) Something more primitive would definitely work better for self-proclaimed teachers.

Oh just admit that you never read HMJ. Otherwise you would know that story.

It is not a translation, I've posted the translation earlier. This is my explanation 

So you just make up stuff as you go.

You probably misread something. There is no "Because" and no "to" in Chinese text.

If you would like to correct some Chinese WuLiupai imposters please use Chinese forums for it. If you are not able to do it - we can try.

Being official representatives of WuLiupai School we care of it's good name as well as of health and fate of its students.

If you really want to help students of any possible WuLiupai imposters in China I publicly ask you to write Chinese names (+ any contacts) of students who you think are being fooled and especially - names and contacts of instructors in China who are teaching them. I am willing to recieve the above either publicly or privatly, in PM or by email [email protected]. We will contact these people as well as leaders of our School in China to resolve the situation.

You can think you have learnt, but actually you didn't. Same as Liu Huayang himself writes and same as writings of numerous Patriarchs, without having verbal teaching from true Teacher you wouldn't be able to get the alchemy result.

And we are not only basing on the texts as you do. We are basing on the text explained to us verbally by modern WuLiupai Patriarch who is a direct descendant of Wu Chongxu (not only in School, but even genetically) and recieved full family transmission from his Ancestors.

只為 means "just because " is very clear to me.

You really do not understand Chinese, but learn Chinese classic from English?

Of I have been to Chinese forums before and leave my messages there.

Some Chinese saw my messages and come to find me.

But My students are testing them.

I am waiting.

I spent three years in china to teach and accept students for two years.

I do not accept any money.

I choose good students to teach.

Because the goal is too difficult to reach .

Without a good mind, any methods is useless.

Heart- training 煉心 is the most important.

But someone can not be trained.

It is not about methods or money.

It is 德de.

若要修成九轉,先須煉己持心。

This is from Chang bou Duan.

If you want to achieve 九轉(means golden dan, 九轉金丹)

You must practice your own mind (heart)

There is a big system about 煉己

It is very important.

Edited by awaken

LOL

See what I mean. I don't attack any school or people stating that they don't have results. If I do this then I would have to prove it somehow or to give explicit evidence of that. Saying that "no one should prove anything...", I mean that teachers must not prove anything to lay people as they are not interested in it.  

Edited by Antares

He personally attests to one.

Whom?

Your english is sub-par for this conversation...

Ok. This is work for moderators.

By the way in the first chapter of HuiMingJing there is something about De and some more specific conditions for a person who is seeking for a chance to attain the Dao. Knowing your history Patrairch Liu wouldn't give you a one.

Whom?

By the way in the first chapter of HuiMingJing there is something about De and some more specific conditions for a person who is seeking for a chance to attain the Dao. Knowing your history Patrairch Liu wouldn't give you a one.

De is look yourself more than others.

This is the basic part.

Looking for other people's fault will hurt our heart.

Your true teacher should tell you this.

Because it is very important.

Whom?

To be happy and satisfy is a very good emotion to a cultivator.

A student should not argue with others too much, but should focus on opening the emptiness instead.

Edited by awaken

Wu left his family at 20 years old and was a daoist apprentice since 16 years old. It his highly unlikely that he had any kids. I think somebody pulled a fast one on you.

http://qianfengdaoismuk.weebly.com/master-wu-shouyang-202372343238451-1574-1644.html

Our Patriarch's family has genealogy. If you've ever been to China you should know how Chinese people treat their roots. Our School has documents from Taoist Association of China with our Patriarch's name as the head of the School.  These documents are being stored in our branch in Russia.

And by the way immortal as Wu Chongxu have everlasting life where he can do whatever he decides right.  ;)

It is very important.

Awaken 太太 did not you post a chinese article about Wu Chunxiu not having any children?