thelerner

Product Endorsements - Things you Love

I have a Blendtec as well, and loved it, but the jar seal broke and it´s like $100 to get it replaced.  Maybe I´ll do it though -- amazing machine.  Any favorite pytochemical rich recipes, Silent Thunder?

The infra-red sauna also appeals.  Meditating in total darkness just sounds so nourishing, so I´m especially interested in that use.  Wonder if I could buy a small tent and cover it with black-out curtains for the same effect.  Any thoughts on whether this would be feasible from our resident engineers?  How can I block out light and keep the oxygen?  Thanks!

My ex-partner worked in shifts, therefore we had a sleeping-room that was really dark.

he made a sort of ' pane' , combining polystyrene and thin plywood which fitted exactly into the windowframe.

thick velvet curtains both covering this already paned windowframe (to get rid of the light coming through the last cracks) and a similar curtain hanging in front of the door too, to finish a thick towel at the doorstep.

pitchdark, if I ever would want to meditate in the dark i would make something like that i think,

• Like 3

I have a Blendtec as well, and loved it, but the jar seal broke and it´s like $100 to get it replaced.  Maybe I´ll do it though -- amazing machine.

I refer you to my InsaMorph endorsement in case you are talking about a part that is not subjected to high temperatures or high heat of rotational friction (I don't have that machine and don't know where the seal you're referring to is located.)  If it stays cool and does not have to rotate at a high speed, you can probably fix it yourself with this or make a new one.  It's easy to use though your creations do tend to look like kindergarten level crafts.  Not industrial looking.  But functional.  

• Like 2

I have a Blendtec as well, and loved it, but the jar seal broke and it´s like $100 to get it replaced.  Maybe I´ll do it though -- amazing machine.  Any favorite pytochemical rich recipes, Silent Thunder?

The infra-red sauna also appeals.  Meditating in total darkness just sounds so nourishing, so I´m especially interested in that use.  Wonder if I could buy a small tent and cover it with black-out curtains for the same effect.  Any thoughts on whether this would be feasible from our resident engineers?  How can I block out light and keep the oxygen?  Thanks!

My favorite recipe is the one I used when I had my heart issue:

I do two versions of it, one without the goji berries and cordyceps, as I don't always get around to picking those up.

16 oz distilled water

1 fuji apple (quartered for space)

1/2 avocado with the pit

1 raw beet

1 cob of corn, cut the corn off the cob

1/2 cucumber (sliced for space)

handful of organic strawberries

1 small beet (quartered for space)

1/2 lime, scrape the green but leave the white pith

1-2" of ginger

several sprigs/nodes of mint and cilantro

a handful of goji berries

small scoop of dried cordyceps

blend on highest setting for two cycles of 50 seconds and it's done...

This makes enough to serve my wife, son and I a full breakfast on a regular day, or if I'm recovering from illness or trying to stave off an oncoming issue then I'll drink half in the morning and save half for lunch and have soup for dinner.

• Like 2

I refer you to my InsaMorph endorsement in case you are talking about a part that is not subjected to high temperatures or high heat of rotational friction (I don't have that machine and don't know where the seal you're referring to is located.)  If it stays cool and does not have to rotate at a high speed, you can probably fix it yourself with this or make a new one.  It's easy to use though your creations do tend to look like kindergarten level crafts.  Not industrial looking.  But functional.  

Thanks Taomeow!  I´ll have to do some more investigation as to the exact problem, but that might work.

• Like 1

My favorite recipe is the one I used when I had my heart issue:

I do two versions of it, one without the goji berries and cordyceps, as I don't always get around to picking those up.

16 oz distilled water

1 fuji apple (quartered for space)

1/2 avocado with the pit

1 raw beet

1 cob of corn, cut the corn off the cob

1/2 cucumber (sliced for space)

handful of organic strawberries

1 small beet (quartered for space)

1/2 lime, scrape the green but leave the white pith

1-2" of ginger

several sprigs/nodes of mint and cilantro

a handful of goji berries

small scoop of dried cordyceps

blend on highest setting for two cycles of 50 seconds and it's done...

This makes enough to serve my wife, son and I a full breakfast on a regular day, or if I'm recovering from illness or trying to stave off an oncoming issue then I'll drink half in the morning and save half for lunch and have soup for dinner.

Thanks Silent Thunder.  If I get my Blendtec fixed I´ll give this a try.  I read that it will blend avocado pits before but never tried it.  

Thanks Silent Thunder.  If I get my Blendtec fixed I´ll give this a try.  I read that it will blend avocado pits before but never tried it.

[/quote

I kept looking at advocado pips and wondering ?

That blender is impressively powerful, there is no hint of graininess in the smooties... ever.  It is basically like a production router that we use to cut templates out of wood.  Three horse power motor. 

It veritably micronizes the food, which really aids in severely ill patients as the food when it reaches the intestines is so thoroughly broken down the body needs do very little, just absorb it.  The texture is diaphanous, like velvet.

http://willitblend.com/ series on things that this blender will pulverize... lol.  I am waiting for the day my son puts this website together with the unit that sits on our countertop... that will be fun :)

edit: to fix link

edit to add:

"hey!... has anyone seen my shoes?"

... sound of blender... son giggling fiercely

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 2

Food: Meridian peanut butter. No added sugar or salt, no palm oil. Delicious, healthful, harmless. Amazing.

Websites: deviantART, YouTube, Netflix/Amazon/other video sites. I use all these daily. Look at a lot of art, listen to a lot of music, watch a lot of TV. (Watching 'Luke Cage' right now and it is terrific. Also check out 'Mr Robot'!)

Other than that... nothing in particular. No favourite brands or gadgets. Nothing is indispensable. I very much like owning a computer, to store files, access the internet, watch TV shows, and dabble in art, but the particular brand of computer is irrelevant. Anything modern.

• Like 1

We have that peanut butter. My wife is a recent convert-sorta. Peanut butter is a love hate thing for her. The claginess of the spread makes her baulk, but she can't get enough of the peanut flavour. It's very funny to watch her trying to eat it, she shakes her head, hold he throat and screws her eyes up, then dives into the jar for another spoonful only to repeat the reaction.

• Like 3