Sign in to follow this  
Cameron

Ron Paul

a little snippet from a Ron Paul e-mail re: the Dec. 16th "money bomb"

...brought in $6.04 million, another one-day record. The average donation was $102; we had 58,407 individual contributors, of whom an astounding 24,915 were first-time donors. And it was an entirely voluntary, self-organized, decentralized, independent effort on the internet. ...

...brought in $6.04 million, another one-day record. The average donation was $102; we had 58,407 individual contributors, of whom an astounding 24,915 were first-time donors. And it was an entirely voluntary, self-organized, decentralized, independent effort on the internet. ...

Libertarian theory in action!!

Just a warm up band for spiritual anarchy!! Coming to a planet near you! :lol:

I don't think Ron has a shot at the nomination but he's currently my first choice outside the Green Party.

He's the only person with the balls to speak the truth about our country's responsibility for international exploitation on the presidential campaign trail.

Yoda's prediction: Ron Paul will win Iowa (close) NH by a wide margin, win the whole thing on super Tuesday and win the presidential race.

I predict Bloomberg will run as an independent and will invest 100s of millions of dollars into his race and the advertising will be absolutely top notch, Madison Avenue. It'll be a close race, but he won't be able to beat RP.

I appreciate your optimism but I don't think RP will win.

The media appears blatantly anti RP.

My guess is we will see either Hillary, Obama or Giuliani take it.

If RP somehow wins though, any 3 Wii games you like are on Cam.

Thanks for the games! I'll love playing with them! :) Mrs Yoda promises me constant sex for 60 days if RP wins but I have to finish the quarter round if he loses. I've got a lot riding on this! :lol:

Btw, I just got a Wii... I'd like to play it with my kids and their friends... does wii have any good games for kids, preferably educational?

I don't own a Wii but I hear Zelda is awesome for Wii.

RP won't win. It sucks but there is too much money and too many industries that won't back him.

My guess is, even if he miraculously get's the nomination, he will end up losing to Hillary or Obama by a state(like what happened to Kerry).

In all likelihood he isn't even getting the nomination though.

I would love to be proven wrong and will promptly Amazon you any 3 Wii games in November if he does pull it off though.

Man RP signs are all over Phoenix!

No matter how corrupt the government may be the people have spoken!

Fox News is a joke. They should change the name to the Fox Agenda.

Props to CNN for atleast letting RP on though.

cool... RP won a Fox call in poll. I think call in polls are more accurate as that probably correlates with people who will actually vote.

Here's Fox News' spin on why Ron Paul should be excluded from Republican debates

bFYqtDL50AM

Here's the original clip

from the MAY 15, 2007 REPUBLICAN DEBATE where Ron Paul talked about the U.S. activity in the middle east that resulted in unintended consequence ("blowback") of animosity of those in the middle east toward the US. RP's scholarly assertion immediately got spun as we "invited" the attack, and now fox news is spinning it further.

AD7dnFDdwu0

Ron Paul, in the following days, cited several books - including the 9/11 Commission Report that supported his position (link).

I experienced the negative effects of anti RP spin today when a friend of mine asked if I thought Hillary, Obama or Romney would win the election and when I brought up RP he literally didn't know who RP was.

Kind of hard to get your message out when the mass media isn't helping you much. My guess is millions of voters think of him as some radical or something.

Going to be hard for him to get anywhere with the media in our country. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Well, I whiffed on my RP taking Iowa prediction but am happy for anti-war Obama's strong showing. He sounds like a nice second choice for me.

So is Bloomburg not running? It sounds like if Bloomburg runs as an independant he would do well.

But I'll take Obama over Hillary.

I'm not following the race as closely as I was, but I saw the first minute or so of this video of Ron Paul being interviewed. What struck me is that the anchor-woman actually blushed, I think, when she started interviewing RP. I've never seen so many news-people (men and women) be ... charmed by a presidential candidate. They see that he is intelligent and honest and (almost) always they have this big heart-opening sometime during the interview. It's really very sweet.

I had high hopes for RP based on his fund raising records, straw polls, and signage in the cities I visited. It turned out that he just has a disproportionate number of very ardent supporters, but not a large number of us. Sort of like the Howard Dean campaign.

I'm not following the race too closely anymore, but I hope Obama beats Clinton and McCain wins on his side in order to leverage the best of the front runners.

So Ron never had a chance it seems.

If I vote, it will be for Obama or McCain if Clinton get's the nomination. I think the Bush's and Clinton's really just need to go away now.

So hopefully Obama get's the nomination but if not I'll take McCain over Clinton.

Ron Paul got screwed which means all of US got screwed. Cameron, I'm with you. I'm voting for Obama or McCain if Clinton gets the nomination.

It is amazing how such a thorough system of selecting president candidates produces such a poor choice and the ultimate result.

Sign in to follow this