Sign in to follow this  
Orion

Avoidance or Cultivation?

Very best wishes to you, friend.  I'm so sorry for your situation.  I truly hope things get better soon -

What haunts me about it is that I don't know how to conduct my purpose in life with this limitation, if it's forever. I can accept the limitation itself, but not the stagnation it has brought me.

Perhaps your purpose in life is changing; more gently aligned with the limitation.

Best wishes, Orion.

Edited by rene

Severe UC.

Are you taking predisilone ? My brother has had it since he was 16 and has it stabilised but the drug has not been kind in other areas, my friend got it at 40 and has recently moved onto a very new drug which has allowed him to cut back on the steroids. Ultimately, I guess you know, that colon removal is an option. I met a guy on holiday who had it carried out and blessed the day he decided to do it.

We all have to live with these things. I've got tinnitus and Meniers disease which is not the most pleasant thing to endure. A jet engine in my ear 24/7 and balance problems is not great, but it can be managed. Have you contacted a support group ? Other people in the same situation can be helpful in seeing that you really aren't alone and sometimes with chronic illness it can start to feel that way.

Orion,

Do what FEELS good, what gives you joy.

The non-physical entity Abraham says that we have an "emotional guidance system" - which is how we feel.

If you take a moment and ask yourself how a possible choice FEELS, you can know if it's a good choice.

The wisest choices are the ones that feel GREAT - they give you peace, joy, and a sense of security and well-being.

• Like 1

Orion, Your topic for discussion says a lot about your wisdom of life. The choice of words is fantastic.

Lets get right to the answer. What makes a thought or an action, an avoidance? And, what makes a thought or an action, a cultivation?

Fundamentally speaking, it is a person's attitude that determines whether one is practicing avoidance or cultivation. The more selfless a person is in life, he finds no hurdles in life. Such a person deals even the greatest of challenge with proper sense of value along with appropriate sense of proportion. For such a person, there is no stopping since he keeps doing his duties perfectly without looking for rewards or fruits of action. The more selfish a person is, he is bound to suffer when he fails. unlike this selfish person, the selfless person maintains equanimity and mental equipoise since he does not rejoice at success, nor does he unnecessarily get disappointed to grumble about failure.

So what is exactly the cause of misery in life?

It is simple to answer for even a beginner of spiritual study. Yes, it one's own 1) egoism and 2) desires of the Mind that play havoc in human life.

How to get rid of these two bad elements that is causing us to lead a miserable life? 

Vedanta philosophy gives the solution. It is through Karma Yoga (Path of Action), Bhakthi Yoga (Path of Devotion) and Gnana Yoga (Path of Knowledge). These help in sublimating our Ego and in getting rid of the numerous desires of the world. Firstly, one must fix a higher, noble and selfless ideal like "Self Realization". Then one must work with dedication, perseverance and consistency of purpose till the life's ultimate goal of Self realization is achieved. One must avoid result orientation and complacency in the path.

If you want to learn Vedanta philosophy try visiting the following website: 

www.vedantaworld.org

There are lot of resources in English for you to easily find your true Divine Personality. "Know Thyself".

Orion, Your topic for discussion says a lot about your wisdom of life. The choice of words is fantastic.

Let's get right to the answer. What makes a thought or an action, an avoidance? And, what makes a thought or an action, a cultivation?

Fundamentally speaking, it is a person's attitude that determines whether one is practicing avoidance or cultivation. The more selfless a person is in life, he finds no hurdles in life. Such a person deals even the greatest of challenge with proper sense of value along with appropriate sense of proportion. For such a person, there is no stopping since he keeps doing his duties perfectly without looking for rewards or fruits of action. The more selfish a person is, he is bound to suffer when he fails. Unlike this selfish person, the selfless person maintains equanimity and mental equipoise since he does not rejoice at success, nor does he unnecessarily get disappointed to grumble about failure.

So what is exactly the cause of misery in life?

It is simple to answer for even a beginner of spiritual study. Yes, it one's own 1) egoism and 2) desires of the Mind that play havoc in human life.

How to get rid of these two bad elements that is causing us to lead a miserable life? 

Vedanta philosophy gives the solution. It is through Karma Yoga (Path of Action), Bhakthi Yoga (Path of Devotion) and Gnana Yoga (Path of Knowledge). These help in sublimating our Ego and in getting rid of the numerous desires of the world. Firstly, one must fix a higher, noble and selfless ideal like "Self Realization". Then one must work with dedication, perseverance and consistency of purpose till the life's ultimate goal of Self realization is achieved. One must avoid result orientation and complacency in the path.

If you want to learn Vedanta philosophy try visiting the following website: 

www.vedantaworld.org

There are lot of resources in English for you to easily find your true Divine Personality. "Know Thyself".

Edited by Prasanna
  • Like 1

Orion you may want to look into low dose naltrexone for your UC. also Im sure you've tried probiotics, but there are certain ones which are way more powerful and useful than others, anything to get inflammation under control is paramount.

Sign in to follow this