Taoway

Does the media largely exaggerate how much "terror" there is going on in the world?

What will happen Karl? Please forgive this question. I am in a fog today. The only thing I am capable of is non-thought. The Rx I am on is working to get be feeling better, but my thought process is not connecting your dots.

What will happen Karl? Please forgive this question. I am in a fog today. The only thing I am capable of is non-thought. The Rx I am on is working to get be feeling better, but my thought process is not connecting your dots.

You were saying that your present philosophy is one which has got you through bad times and so you are loath to mess with it. You said you liked the clear thought that takes its base in my philosophy but that you felt more secure staying with what has worked. I was saying that if you did decide to look at other philosophies such as Tao, Objectivism etc, then that would happen when it was ready to happen and not before-thus the fruit falls from the tree only when ripe.

Thank you so much Karl. You really broke it down for me. The 12 steps that I follow help me formulate solutions to any problem I may encounter through objective thought. The structure in processing through 1 -12 brings clarity to any situation for me.

You seem to just do it naturally. You connect the dots quickly. Where I have to take time connecting the dots, and sometimes I need the help of someone else to help me connect the dots. Like asking you to break it down for me.

Oh, I am quick to perceive criticism, slights, passive/aggressive behaviors, phoniness, resentment because they are in me...that is the way I lived my life...at an emotional level. Those that I treat, I understand because I have been there. But there was a time when I could understand Philosophical abstraction because I was able to detach and avoid all the mess I had stored inside.  Philosophy helped me understand me and my feelings, and the world around me. I saw Psychology as a way to answer those question, and a way to build up my self esteem and feel "better" than the average guy. I was a mess. I did not know who I was growing up in an Alcoholic family. I am surprised that I made it out of there...I was broken...but I survived the best that I could.

I have found a balance that works for me...I live Philosophically and practically through the Steps.

You know I understand now what you meant by living Philosophically when you addressed the legalization of Marijuana. People just have to think differently rather than be changed through legal means.

Yes, that's it, it's the same with the political situation. It's no good making something illegal, or installing yet another political party because the problem we face cannot ever be solved pragmatically. It's just a bad philosophy, like a bad program on a computer, it doesn't matter how the inputs are altered, the outputs will almost always be in error.

• Like 2

If nothing changes, nothing changes. Doing the same thing over, and over again and expecting different results. In this case, Politicians promising different outcomes and our expecting it to happen.

• Like 2