manitou

Anybody want to share healing techniques?

Since then, I have gone to light practices.  The ability to heal has expanded in a sense that I seem to care less about healing but the need of healing seems to now come more.   When it comes, I selectively decide what I will be involved in.  WHat is my basis of choice?  Nothing but a feeling or intuition or sense or agreement.

I selectively decide too.  Maybe our heart draws us to things we can actually do something about.  I don't look for it either - and I think there's really something to the karmic sense of all of it.  If we approach it from the mindset that we are all A Manifester of our own conditions, then this would follow suit.

When you said 'if a healer cannot heal, should they just give up?'  I think I'm discovering that I wasn't very effective at the beginning of this, but that my nature kept me trying.  Maybe because of an overabundance of pain I experienced in my younger years.  I find that one little success breeds a little confidence that it actually may be working - although one never really knows if it actually is working or not.  And the more confidence we have in ourself as a healer, maybe the more effective we become because doubt does not get in the way.  I don't know.

The kundalini coming out of the ground was a real affirmation for both Joe and I.  After that happened (in the healing of Lorena described above) I knew there was truly something to the opening and closing of the fabric of time and dedicating a time and space to the event.  The intent, and putting the intent into action through what I'm calling a child's mind.  The nagual don Juan Mateus (Castaneda) would tell him 'sometimes you get to see the outcome, sometimes you don't' (referring to healing others).  And who really knows what just our aura does for those around us, if we are in a balanced and joyful frame of mind?  We really can't know that either, and yet I think we all agree that there are those who make you feel like you're being held to your mother's bosom just by their peaceful presence.  The 'space' we speak of here, as Steve would say.  Allowing others the space to heal.

And perhaps the greatest form of healing, in the sense that Dawei speaks of, is the acceptance of the outcome, particularly if that outcome is death.  To have the fortune of helping someone cross over into death is something not easily forgotten - and what a beautiful gift it is to both the person dying and the person sitting with them.  To have helped my father cross over is one of the greatest gifts I could have received, and I know that it eased him greatly, particularly given the tough nature of our relationship over the years.  The forgiveness was mutual, and all the stuff from all the years was just not important any more.  

And Joe was present when Mo, our friend with cancer all throughout his body, took his last breath.  Joe was seated at Mo's head and talked Mo through the last breath - not to be afraid of it.  That was an amazing set of circumstances having to do with timing, etc., which I won't go into here.  But a true shamanic moment that Joe will never forget, and the greatest gift that he could have given his friend.  Perhaps both are healed during moments like that.

I just follow the desires of my heart in this stuff, that's all - and sort of make it up as I go along.  I think the biggest point to be made in this whole thread is that with practice (and not being afraid to do it) we seem to get better at it.  There's also nothing fixed in cement with any of this - just follow the dictates of the heart.  Try to figure out what the body is trying to say with the malady - life seems to communicate in puns and riddles and turns of phrases.  These can all be figured into the triangulation.  And I've found that the answers to the riddle are most often in the forefront of my mind when I first wake up in the morning, if I've been thinking about why the illness is manifesting.  It's happened almost every time, even if I can't remember the dream.  Somehow it aligns during the night and presents the answer in the morning.

Everything can be used in the triangulation.  To see where a person's heart is is sometimes as simple as seeing what they have collected around them, what they treasure.  I have another situation going right now where my cousin's heart is breaking because there have been two new grandparents that have 'moved into her turf' with the grandkids (her son recently remarried and his new wife's parents are over there all the time bringing the kids presents).  These kids are the crown jewels of my cousins heart, and yet she feels like she's losing these kids to these new people.  She is manifesting 'invasion' all over the place, duplicating the invasion of the new grandparents - from infection in the body, to actually being burglarized in her home.  She sort of wants to die right now, she is so upset that she's being left out in the cold (in her mind).  she is demonstrating a 'wasting syndrome' right now, mysteriously losing her appetite and losing much weight.  Needless to say, I'm doing what I can there, but the jury is out on that one.  Can't do much if the desire to live isn't there any more.

• Like 1

Congratulations on your results with treating cancer that's amazing.

This is a great thread, thanks for sharing. 

• Like 2

I selectively decide too.  Maybe our heart draws us to things we can actually do something about.  I don't look for it either - and I think there's really something to the karmic sense of all of it.  If we approach it from the mindset that we are all A Manifester of our own conditions, then this would follow suit.

If one follows their heart, then they will be drawn to comfortable and uncomfortable places.  If we can get past that idea, then we can share something with another freely.

When you said 'if a healer cannot heal, should they just give up?'  I think I'm discovering that I wasn't very effective at the beginning of this, but that my nature kept me trying.  Maybe because of an overabundance of pain I experienced in my younger years.  I find that one little success breeds a little confidence that it actually may be working - although one never really knows if it actually is working or not.  And the more confidence we have in ourself as a healer, maybe the more effective we become because doubt does not get in the way.  I don't know.

This is the crux of the issue... not can you heal but what do you feel about yourself as a healer.  We want to naturally help others but we need to see our own boundaries of what we can do and offer to others.

Personally, I would never see myself as a healer but if someone asked me to look on some fatal ailment, I will decide if it is within instinct to look/help... from there is the rest of the story.     I once asked someone if their terminal cancer family member who cannot be helped vs another friend who could be helped... they wanted their family member helped. Terminal cancer. It was past the due date.  There was no magic to be bestowed.   I declined.    I could help them accept the outcome but the wanted a different outcome than I already saw.   I could of helped the other friend but they didn't ask for that. 

And perhaps the greatest form of healing, in the sense that Dawei speaks of, is the acceptance of the outcome, particularly if that outcome is death.  To have the fortune of helping someone cross over into death is something not easily forgotten - and what a beautiful gift it is to both the person dying and the person sitting with them.  To have helped my father cross over is one of the greatest gifts I could have received, and I know that it eased him greatly, particularly given the tough nature of our relationship over the years.  The forgiveness was mutual, and all the stuff from all the years was just not important any more.  

There is a strange eternalness which most of our realities have not seen yet.  As Batty apparently said, unscripted, in Blade Runner: I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

And Joe was present when Mo, our friend with cancer all throughout his body, took his last breath.  Joe was seated at Mo's head and talked Mo through the last breath - not to be afraid of it.  That was an amazing set of circumstances having to do with timing, etc., which I won't go into here.  But a true shamanic moment that Joe will never forget, and the greatest gift that he could have given his friend.  Perhaps both are healed during moments like that.

:)

I just follow the desires of my heart in this stuff, that's all - and sort of make it up as I go along.  I think the biggest point to be made in this whole thread is that with practice (and not being afraid to do it) we seem to get better at it.  There's also nothing fixed in cement with any of this - just follow the dictates of the heart.  Try to figure out what the body is trying to say with the malady - life seems to communicate in puns and riddles and turns of phrases.  These can all be figured into the triangulation.  And I've found that the answers to the riddle are most often in the forefront of my mind when I first wake up in the morning, if I've been thinking about why the illness is manifesting.  It's happened almost every time, even if I can't remember the dream.  Somehow it aligns during the night and presents the answer in the morning.

Everything can be used in the triangulation.  To see where a person's heart is is sometimes as simple as seeing what they have collected around them, what they treasure.  I have another situation going right now where my cousin's heart is breaking because there have been two new grandparents that have 'moved into her turf' with the grandkids (her son recently remarried and his new wife's parents are over there all the time bringing the kids presents).  These kids are the crown jewels of my cousins heart, and yet she feels like she's losing these kids to these new people.  She is manifesting 'invasion' all over the place, duplicating the invasion of the new grandparents - from infection in the body, to actually being burglarized in her home.  She sort of wants to die right now, she is so upset that she's being left out in the cold (in her mind).  she is demonstrating a 'wasting syndrome' right now, mysteriously losing her appetite and losing much weight.  Needless to say, I'm doing what I can there, but the jury is out on that one.  Can't do much if the desire to live isn't there any more.

I agree with following your heart. It may be swayed with family or circumstances but the heart also heals... self and others. And it sees others circumstances, like it was a TV show playing out in front of us.  I'm getting to a more detached concept as we remove the observer from what is observed, but yet we are there, see what is going on with another.

We can't control outcomes.  We can offer something in-between.   Maybe I should say, we shouldn't try to control outcomes or be too focused on outcomes of our choice.  

I grew up near Washington DC and to read the newspapers was simply depressing.  When I was in the Air Force in Nebraska, life appeared almost untouched and free...  then I went back home... to the depressing news... and then moved away from it.. first deep north... and then deep south...  In the end, we need to ask ourselves:  what are we trying to heal or escape ?

• Like 1

I   I once asked someone if their terminal cancer family member who cannot be helped vs another friend who could be helped... they wanted their family member helped. Terminal cancer. It was past the due date.  There was no magic to be bestowed.   I declined.    I could help them accept the outcome but the wanted a different outcome than I already saw.   I could of helped the other friend but they didn't ask for that. 

Especially in the case of cancer, as it's a long term dynamic that's caused it - I think the person has to be willing to change the dynamic that caused it.  Something has been 'eating at them' for a long time.  Perhaps it's their own feeling of control about the situation that has caused it.  They have to be willing to change the dynamic for the condition to change, to give up control. I think this has to be brought into the ceremony or healing event as well.  Their willingness to change.  Perhaps this can be done with prayer, if this is their proclivity.  Perhaps burying something symbolic into the ground, signifying their willingness to bury this tendency.  At any rate, this is part of the triangulation in this kind of healing I'm talking about.  It takes long distance eyes and a bit of thought to see what's needed, and a willingness on the part of the other person to change that dynamic.  And for the healer to physically do something to reverse the dynamic - in the case of ceremony, to do something of a reversal (walking the other way, etc)

This is best done if the person is there, physically, IMO.  But if the person is not there, the sense of Time and Space being an illusion, everything being Here and Now, will suffice.  the reversal ceremony can be done remotely.

I agree with your observations of cancer.  There is a point of critical mass with cancer that cannot be reversed.  At least that has been my experience.  Then the gift becomes something altogether different - to help with the final outcome and alleviate their fear of death.  I explained the bardos to Mo, close to his death, and he was very interested, and seemed comforted.

Edited by manitou

Let it be so.

This is harder than it sounds because it is easier than it sounds.

• Like 4

Let it be so.

It is a dichotomy that can't be put into words.  The ability to think like a child is a product of much elimination.  Like walking backwards upstream in the middle of a stream going downstream.

• Like 1

Let it be so.

This is why we pay you the big bucks, Brian.  Oh wait, we don´t.  In any case, thanks for this pithy wisdom.  

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 1

This is why we pay you the big bucks, Brian.  Oh wait, we don´t.  In any case, thanks for this pithy wisdom.  

Pithy is Brian's middle name.

• Like 1

Manitou,

Another thing is that healings don't always have immediate effects.

Often the healing is a seed of or beginning of a healing journey.

One time I performed a healing on a woman who had mouth sores, she could hardly eat because of it. Within about a week after I did the healing, she found out that taking probiotics basically completely solved the problem. Was the healing I performed what led to that discovery? It's likely in my opinion. She had had the problem all her life, and she suddenly discovered a perfect solution.

It can seem like a big disappointment, because the healer might rather that the healing happen instantaneously, but often what happens is it's the fuel for future success.

• Like 3

Manitou,

Another thing is that healings don't always have immediate effects.

Often the healing is a seed of or beginning of a healing journey.

One time I performed a healing on a woman who had mouth sores, she could hardly eat because of it. Within about a week after I did the healing, she found out that taking probiotics basically completely solved the problem. Was the healing I performed what led to that discovery? It's likely in my opinion. She had had the problem all her life, and she suddenly discovered a perfect solution.

It can seem like a big disappointment, because the healer might rather that the healing happen instantaneously, but often what happens is it's the fuel for future success.

I think you're absolutely right.  If the underlying dynamic is changed, the behavioral dynamic - it may take a while for the physical manifestation to follow suit, depending on what the physical manifestation is.  and yes, it all works together - the coincidences, synchronicities - like someone discovering something right at the same time, even though she'd had the problem for a long time.

Edited by manitou
  • Like 1