meeks

Has anyone had a personal experience with any of the Hindu Deities?

Recommended Posts

When I was a young person, without the means/ability to travail far, I needed to give a item to someone who live far away, so one of my spirit guides suggested that a femail friend of his with the ability to travel through the unseen world could help me out.

A week later at noon in the appointed place and in public view I was in a trance expecting the visitor (considering all of the christian dogma that I had had to swallow all of my life, I expected or was picturing to look like or slimier to the virgin marry), when all of a sudden to my  surprise a what could only be described as a India/Hindu princess emerges out of the unseen world and into my view, I handed over the item, then upon receiving the item (she spoke with what I remember  as sounding like a India accent) asking if there was anything else, I said no. I do not know which goddess or avatar of a goddess she was, but a number of years later I found out that the item wound up in India as a part of a edifice dedicated to Shiva. :)

 

Edited by mrpasserby
speliing checker messed mee up again
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2016 at 2:43 AM, silent thunder said:

Those both feel to me like Shamanic initiation. 

This place continues to amaze me... what a treasure that we can share this...

Thanks, for your post I struggle with sharing, but all of the cultivation that I am receiving form this forum helps me to push my limits.:)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once in between a dream and waking, I came face to face with a greenish-blue hued male being, who was at least 7-8 ft tall (so it seemed to me). We both sat in full lotus, suspended in space and he showed me some practices of invoking light in my heart and also inserted an orb of light into my heart. 

I was clear in the knowing that he was Lord Shiva himself. :) 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could claim that Krishna is androgynous, having both male and female attributes. I could claim that I've entered into a relationship with a woman with only one breast one night some time ago. I could claim that this divinity has been watching out for me, yet I Worship the God of our Father Abram.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just had a realization that Krishna just visited me and took form as my coffee pot.

 

"Need I,

need I kneel,

need I kneel

to your greatness,

Mr. Coffee?"

 

-whitesilk speaking to the air.

Edited by whitesilk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have always felt Kali close to me, which is weird because I've always felt drawn to other deities.  I've also never felt pulled to work with the Hindu tradition.  So she is the furthest thing from my interests.  Yet there she is, in my peripheral, taunting me with her dancing.

 

I finally acknowledged her one day last year, and connected with her in my meditation.  It was powerful, and helped overcome some stuff I had. I still work with her, sometimes and she is still nearby, for what reason - I haven't figured out. But it's cool she is.  :)

 

Edited by Fa Xin
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the sake of others I will share the following:

 

In the culmination of Paravastha state of Kriya which in the BON tradition would be comparable to the highest of the God Realms I have been visited many times and taught Tummo and other things by Shakti and Kali herself.

 

To be perfectly clear this is not metaphorical. I have seen her as clearly as one can with eyes open in daylight. I have felt as realistically as the touch of another's hand upon my arm.

 

I have heard the very air vibrate and felt the heat and the pressure of visitation as I would a corporeal woman. In time this woman took physical form via the linear progression of earth space time. She my lady is an Avatar of the divine female.

 

My own Mother is this kind of female a very advanced being in her own right. She plays her cards very close to the vest but when needed reminds me of who she is.

 

All you have to do is practice,  in time when the Kechari forms on it's own you will soon be ready for such visitation.

 

True Kechari is the balancing of the male and the female forces in the central channel. Here be ye man or woman you will become the penetrating male force and the penetrated receiving female force in the cave of Brahman up above the lower 5 Chakras.

 

Once this has become your way all habituation of Gender Chauvinism vanish.

 

Just beware your entire life will change and what is old and outmoded will be swept away.  Be prepared for change and often very painful and drastic be prepared for Change often joyous. Learn to be stabilized in the central channel the best you can, strengthen the mind to single focus so you are not rode by the emotions.

 

Even without knowledge of names and religion this will come. Then you will wonder what has happened,  then you will be curious and then you will seek answers and then you will discover. When you discover the truth and then discover the ancient writings confirm what experience has delivered you will honor and you will believe and you will bow.

 

After some time has passed you might even share in a reply like this.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Fa Xin said:

I have always felt Kali close to me, which is weird because I've always felt drawn to other deities.  I've also never felt pulled to work with the Hindu tradition.  So she is the furthest thing from my interests.  Yet there she is, in my peripheral, taunting me with her dancing.

 

I finally acknowledged her one day last year, and connected with her in my meditation.  It was powerful, and helped overcome some stuff I had. I still work with her, sometimes and she is still nearby, for what reason - I haven't figured out. But it's cool she is.  :)

 

I guess my reply was for you It was being written as you were responding. Then I saw your reply. This is good.

Edited by Pilgrim
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another time I was attending a satsang at our local Chinmaya Mission, when suddenly I see a white bearded old man hovering high up in my inner space, above much above my crown chakra. Before I could think anything he descended into me via my crown and I felt like I was connected into a high voltage like, my heart started palpitating and I broke into a sweat. Suddenly I heard a voice in my head “relax, don’t fight it” and everything exploded into bliss at that instant! 

He was Guru Nanak, the first Sikh guru. I am not from the Sikh tradition and has not ever spent time thinking about him before...

 

mysterious are the ways of the spirit :) 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, dwai said:

I am not from the Sikh tradition

 

@dwai Where do I begin with the Sikh tradition? My Junior spring my football player friend, who was also my suite mate, went on a semester abroad to Australia. A young man of the Sikh tradition moved in in his stead. At the end of my Junior spring of university, I hung myself with a tie, and wasn't satisfied so I tried a belt a few days later. The only reason that I did NOT hang myself a second time is the prayer of repentance that I immediately spoke upon the tie having broken.

 

BE CAREFUL!

Edited by whitesilk
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Pilgrim said:

I guess my reply was for you It was being written as you were responding. Then I saw your reply. This is good.

 

This was awesome indeed! :)

 

It also bears mentioning that, when I do spend time working with Kali, she manifests in "everyday life" more than other deities for me.

 

I'll give an example: One night I was meditating with her, in bed before sleep.  My meditation finished, so I opened my eyes to lay down and doze off.  Next to me was my girlfriend, who had fallen asleep but had her laptop still open and a video playing.  Right on the screen there was a dark goddess looking woman, similar to Kali in dress and appearance. (yes, my gf watches some weird YouTube stuff at night)  I just smiled and went to bed.  I have had many of those instances. This posting at the same time is another one for the collection IMO.

 

 

Edited by Fa Xin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone is upset by my post about a visit from a avatar or goddess, just let me know and i will delete part or all of the post. I personally have barely met any Hindu gods/goddess, I do not worship any gods/goddess, "I work out my own salvation with fear and trembling"=(anxious for each practical unseen world gain). I do not have a lot of practical writing skills. Sharing in the experiences of others helps me, and so I also share. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2017 at 9:51 AM, s1va said:

 

 

I don't know if anyone answered to your post.  Can I ask what type of mediation that you are doing and for how long?

Seems to outsider like me (who been to couple ashrams for the meditation) to get anywhere you have to become a devotee to the religion, learn the prayers and chants, and be worthy.   Head to a serious ashram or Hindu temple and start learning. 

 

I don't think you can fool the gods by not being a devotee, thinking that all it takes a certain chant or meditation and they'll come running.  I suspect you have to be the real thing, to have a chance to get to the real thing.  Course I could be wrong.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mrpasserby said:

If anyone is upset by my post about a visit from a avatar or goddess, just let me know and i will delete part or all of the post. I personally have barely met any Hindu gods/goddess, I do not worship any gods/goddess, "I work out my own salvation with fear and trembling"=(anxious for each practical unseen world gain). I do not have a lot of practical writing skills. Sharing in the experiences of others helps me, and so I also share. 

Please continue. The thing about it is worship is not necessary at all, when the time is right and the conditions are met you will get the visitations and then well you might just find yourself worshipful. :)

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mrpasserby said:

If anyone is upset by my post about a visit from a avatar or goddess

 

All that I can claim is that I love and have 'loved' the goddess Krisha in my own life, my own reality, my understanding of it. Please allow the heat to exit from my heart with my own weird humor. I meant no disrespect to your experiences.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mrpasserby said:

Sharing in the experiences of others helps me, and so I also share.

 

I took on the Oxford edition of the Kama Sutra after university. It is no longer in my possession. I remember that there were five distinct lineages, and five distinct relationships with those lineages, each 'man about town' would choose differently. I must have chosen to be a 'lover' to 'India', based off my current deduction.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, thelerner said:

Seems to outsider like me (who been to couple ashrams for the meditation) to get anywhere you have to become a devotee to the religion, learn the prayers and chants, and be worthy.   Head to a serious ashram or Hindu temple and start learning. 

 

I don't think you can fool the gods by not being a devotee, thinking that all it takes a certain chant or meditation and they'll come running.  I suspect you have to be the real thing, to have a chance to get to the real thing.  Course I could be wrong.

 

My own experience has been the opposite.  I find if you have an open heart, and ask for help, they are more than willing to come help - doesn't matter your background or devotion level.  It's all about how open and willing you are to be helped.  Further, if you call to some deity - chances are there's a reason you feel compelled to do so. 

Edited by Fa Xin
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, whitesilk said:

 

@dwai Where do I begin with the Sikh tradition? My Junior spring my football player friend, who was also my suite mate, went on a semester abroad to Australia. A young man of the Sikh tradition moved in in his stead. At the end of my Junior spring of university, I hung myself with a tie, and wasn't satisfied so I tried a belt a few days later. The only reason that I did NOT hang myself a second time is the prayer of repentance that I immediately spoke upon the tie having broken.

 

BE CAREFUL!

What are you implying? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dwai said:

What are you implying?

 

You are possessed by the first Sikh guru. You are no longer yourself.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, whitesilk said:

 

You are possessed by the first Sikh guru. You are no longer yourself.

No it doesn’t quite work like that. I’ve had many such encounters with many beings like that. With spiritually advanced beings and deities, connecting like that tunes us up, makes us “vibrate” in resonance with them.  It is a way of “transmission” of lineages and/or presence. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, whitesilk said:

You are possessed by the first Sikh guru. You are no longer yourself.

 

Okay, you don't believe me, let me test your memory, what did you eat for breakfast three days prior to today?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, whitesilk said:

 

Okay, you don't believe me, let me test your memory, what did you eat for breakfast three days prior to today?

It’s the same routine for me - an omelette and a cup of tea ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites