Sign in to follow this  
Wells

long-term mental benefits of intermittent fasting (1 meal a day)

I'm trying to figure out if three blank posts on a 'mental benefits about fasting' thread are, in fact, the thread, and some droll sense of humor.

Or not.

RC

• Like 2

I thought it was 'mental fasting' like 'mental state as a result of fasting'. A blank post. Empty stomach, empty mind LOL. OK maybe I'm the only one with that abstract a sense of humor...

RC

Edited by redcairo
  • Like 3

And for those who can't tolerate not being full, whether of stomach, mind, or posting space, here's some food:

intermittent fasting is great.  For the stomach, mind, and posting space. 

Empty your cup. 

Then fill it again.

Off to guiltless night munchies. 

• Like 4

Glad I stumbled upon this. Saved me from posting anything...like the OP ;)

It's a bit of a bandwagon now, but my friend is doing it and I thought I'd give it a try after I woke up one day with horrible indigestion. I think I had been eating too many noodles and steamed buns - damn they are tasty things.

It did me good for a week, then I noticed my energy levels dropping below par in the mornings. Concentration and motivation became quite low. Being self-employed, I don't have much of a routine, but I've found that I can use this tool loosely, even if I am having a particularly physical morning.

As they say...listen to the body, but I am an advocate of fasting when I've over done it. I just can't get too obsessed with this eight hour eating window. It can drive me crazy meeting these kinds of pedantic demands.

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this