Sign in to follow this  
mindtooloud

deforming feeling on my face when i meditate

it unsettles the heart base which is where your real connection to things comes from. not possible to make proper progress with it. i think it can be helpful for opening the mind up and expanding awareness, but you can't do mind training and get truly still while dabbling with it. it messes with your energy too much, overeggs things.

my 2cents.

• Like 2

Do not think about what you are giving up, think of what you are gaining by not being clouded.

Best of luck.

:wub:

the more i think aboout it the easier it is to accept,

sure, in the same way that one might think he knows something about sex by having peeked through the keyhole of his parents bedroom at 5 years old and seeing them doing the deed..."ooh, bouncing on the bed....fun!!!"  :lol:

big clue in that first sentence of mine - you will never sufficiently calm the neural resonances required to make good gains so long as you are habitual user. flaring of mingmen fire will hamper efforts at establishing the foundation, establishing the dantiens.  if you plan on leaving your meditation at the "weekend warrior" stage, it probably wont harm you, but if you're looking to make your meditation a serious endeavor, well....get serious about it, then.  just dont kid yourself and say you're serious and try to walk both sides of the fence.

joe you also quoted this

so this opening...can we compare it to the opening of a third eye? not that it was my third eye opening or not but is it the same concept?

but said nothing about it, were you going to say something?

and also, just like weed affects my practice, doesn't every thing else affect it like what i eat what i drink etc? so if i cut off weed shouldnt i cut everything else off? (ik this isnt the case but im asking to understand better.

• Like 1

it unsettles the heart base which is where your real connection to things comes from. not possible to make proper progress with it. i think it can be helpful for opening the mind up and expanding awareness, but you can't do mind training and get truly still while dabbling with it. it messes with your energy too much. overeggs things.

my 2cents.

im assuming you're referring to weed, 

this explains why i thought weed was such a good tool for meditation, but i never thought of it from heart aspect.

whats your view on lsd mushrooms molly etc other drugs and their effect on meditation

• Like 1

im assuming you're referring to weed, 

this explains why i thought weed was such a good tool for meditation, but i never thought of it from heart aspect.

whats your view on lsd mushrooms molly etc other drugs and their effect on meditation

only used mushrooms, powerful effect if you meditate while on it, potential for insights. the problem with these substances is they are unpredictable and hard to integrate any potential insight you get from them into daily life. certainly not be used regularly, that's asking for trouble.

keeping your virtue and maintaining a regular practice is far safer and thorough for refining the mind, clearing issues. also getting teahcing/transmission from a human teacher i found many times more insightful than substances. when you've had the experience of being truly still (heart thing), nothing else compares, there's a depth and spaciousness about it that's absolutely incredible. meditation is supposed to be about refinement of character, coming to right view and part of that is keeping our mindfulness at all times. at the end of it lies an ongoing experience far more amazing than we could ever imagine. though with the right teaching/practice it can start unfolding pretty fast!

• Like 3

Brownish aura! Interesting.

I just edited it to add "brownish yellowish"

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 1

This doesn't happen very often but when it does i start questioning reality,

when i meditate sometimes i would feel my face start deforming, my forhead would start moving downwards, my eye upwards. 

it reminds me of the smudge tool on photoshop. my eyes would be closed but i could feel my skin moving.

does anybody know what this is or why it happens or what it means?

Your description here is very specific - I am familiar with this and unlike one of the responses stating that this is not energetic - this is definitely energetic, magnetic and a relatively advanced sensation - so rare that very few have experienced it even those that have meditated 30-40 years.

It feels like an odd pressure pushing on your face - precisely like a "smudge tool" (great description) - very strange and nothing at all like any skin sensation that you will ever get from 18 hour sessions on the matt.

• Like 2

Regarding marijuana:

It is definitely true that at some point if you want to get "serious" in your practice the use of M is a drawback - primarily because it is a light hypnotic and the better forms of practice are trying to get you off the addiction to the hypnotic state that most humans are completely addicted to.

Quite a number of teachings do not allow anyone to attend the school or meetings under the influence and some require a certain amount of time since the last time you were stoned. It is for several reasons but primarily because of the trance state and also on the effect that proximity to it (your energetic field) will have on others.

If you want to Awaken it is not necessary to practice at all - but practice does help set the stage for a great deal of things and as one sage said "Awakening may be an accident - but practice makes you accident prone".

I know of at least one Awakened teacher that awoke on an LSD trip and that Awakening has been continuos ever since.

Alan Watts was stone drunk in virtually every talk you have ever listened to.

A very famous teacher in India uses alcohol in moderation in his personal practice.

I am not in any way advocating drugs - and my path was a very very traditional one - long hours meditating and all the other traditional stuff. I am only bringing this up because their is a very real reason many here have posted with warnings regarding its disrupting influence. At the same time - not everyone has the same constitution and timing is everything - and you live in Saudi Arabia.

The rules for advancing on "the path" are just rules - they are not "true" - they just tend to help and for many they are required because we want recipes - its part of the hypnotic trance - the branch of the path that "knows what to do".

Precisely what it will take for your shift to Awakening to take place is anyones guess and I don't know if that is your goal - but as you practice you will progress to the point that grass will become a downer - unless you are some new unique exception or if you go the route of trance teachings.

Many Shamans are fairly out to lunch on drugs - it is often part of their Way - and if this is the case it is nearly always very trance based and colorful - and it is extremely popular at the present time - fly to South America and participate in ritual with a "real" shaman while definitely experiencing altered states.

Given what you are already experiencing, backing up a bit and looking at what you are engaged in and what you would like to accomplish is probably a good idea. Radical things can happen with very little adjustment - but adjusting in the sense of "doing" is nearly impossible. Practice in a sense "does the doing for you" - it breaks up underlying patterns that are unhelpful just in doing them - you will go through personal growth/karmic changes faster.

As this occurs you will dissipate less and less - find a tempered mind - a more natural cadence. Your tones become less garbled and there is less static. This does several things - it makes you more accident prone (to Awakening) and the natural abilities you have hidden deep within begin to unfold - there is no limit to the unfolding - there are no words to describe what is sitting in you and all around you. Read every book on the subject and the words are dust compared to the ocean that cannot be described by words.

Don't resist the "rules" - they are guidelines - guidelines that have been proven helpful and skillful means. Find a set that seems to best fit you and dig in - it is absolutely unequivocally worth it!

• Like 1

Drugs do not open channels. They just offer one a wild ride in the channels already open. In fact, drugs can actually close down the more subtle channels.

hmmmm, so drugs are a shortcut to be able to access open channels?

Your description here is very specific - I am familiar with this and unlike one of the responses stating that this is not energetic - this is definitely energetic, magnetic and a relatively advanced sensation - so rare that very few have experienced it even those that have meditated 30-40 years.

It feels like an odd pressure pushing on your face - precisely like a "smudge tool" (great description) - very strange and nothing at all like any skin sensation that you will ever get from 18 hour sessions on the matt.

yeah at the time i dismissed it as "trippy feeling" but it never really left my mind, it had happened before i even knew what meditation was, but i was into psytrance music cuz it gets you into a trance, and i would lay and listen to it and try to get into trance mode aka meditate, and i think it was one of the very few first times i had actually sat and tried to get into trance. im happy to be able to have people like us in this forum to ask and learn about stuff and compare experiences with others, 

I know of at least one Awakened teacher that awoke on an LSD trip and that Awakening has been continuos ever since.

what exactly is awakening?

I am not in any way advocating drugs - and my path was a very very traditional one - long hours meditating and all the other traditional stuff. I am only bringing this up because their is a very real reason many here have posted with warnings regarding its disrupting influence. At the same time - not everyone has the same constitution and timing is everything - and you live in Saudi Arabia.

what are you referring to by its?

and i don't see how me being in Saudi relates to what you are saying could you elaborate?

Precisely what it will take for your shift to Awakening to take place is anyones guess and I don't know if that is your goal - but as you practice you will progress to the point that grass will become a downer - unless you are some new unique exception or if you go the route of trance teachings.

so eventually after lots of practice smoking weed will lower my "high" (idk what else to call it i now its not exactly a high thati get from practice)

Given what you are already experiencing, backing up a bit and looking at what you are engaged in and what you would like to accomplish is probably a good idea.

im not sure what im engaged in, as for what i wanna accomplish is being as aware of the non physical realm as muhc as i am of the physical realm

thanks for sharing 

Sure, you could put it that way. But I wouldn't.

i wouldn;t either anymore, but i asked to understand something thatd been in my head for a while.

The face distorting pressure has occurred a number of times. It has become so intense on occasion I stop meditation due to feeling like it's going to stretch my skin open.

I had assumed it was just nerve damage. My face has physically changed so much since my passport photo, I was special screened at an airport with a visual recognition camera that claimed I was only a 35% match from the 7 year previous passport photo.

Cannabis is a plant. Human bodies are all fixed into a relationship with plants (when animals carcasses are eaten this energy too came from plants converting the solar energy into biomass as the energy input.)

Human endocannabinoids and their receptors are found throughout the body: in the brain, organs, connective tissues, glands, and immune cells.

Similarly, if ever used or not every human has dedicated enzymes and receptors with no other function than to transport the compounds in DMT and psychedelic mushrooms and other entheogens across the blood brain barrier.

Beings are free to repeat whatever propaganda they wish to vilify entheogens, yet the body and mind they are using to do so remains very clearly designed/evolved to receive the ineffable experiences they offer.

Many of the people I've known who live most compassionately and consciously use Cannabis daily.

That said, anything done with regularity, including spiritual practices will become the new baseline level and inherently become unable to be detected/appreciated. At this point it's upkeep no longer progress, no matter if the experience is repeated cannabis exposure or repeated stagnant meditation exposure.

The most dangerous and disrespectful to life activity a human can make is settling into a comfortable daily routine. This path means ensured death having wasted the incredible experience opportunities of still being alive. For this reason, weed/mushrooms/etc are not bad on there own, and used sporadical in spiritual-level-doses (heavily uncomfortable doses) incredibly beneficial to enriching life experiences. The very same things become detrimental to enriching life experiences if repeated regularly at a comfortable level, as this steals ones single finite moment repeating experiences already known/learned.

From the moment of conception the single entitlement of the body and mind is to conclude. Prior to this is the opportunity for enriching life experience to stir the soul and discover the beautiful awareness of Being.

Unlimited Love,

-Bud

Edited by Bud Jetsun
  • Like 1

The face distorting pressure has occurred a number of times. It has become so intense on occasion I stop meditation due to feeling like it's going to stretch my skin open.

I had assumed it was just nerve damage. My face has physically changed so much since my passport photo, I was special screened at an airport with a visual recognition camera that claimed I was only a 35% match from the 7 year previous passport photo.

Cannabis is a plant. Human bodies are all fixed into a relationship with plants (when animals carcasses are eaten this energy too came from plants converting the solar energy into biomass as the energy input.)

Human endocannabinoids and their receptors are found throughout the body: in the brain, organs, connective tissues, glands, and immune cells.

Similarly, if ever used or not every human has dedicated enzymes and receptors with no other function than to transport the compounds in DMT and psychedelic mushrooms and other entheogens across the blood brain barrier.

Beings are free to repeat whatever propaganda they wish to vilify entheogens, yet the body and mind they are using to do so remains very clearly designed/evolved to receive the ineffable experiences they offer.

Many of the people I've known who live most compassionately and consciously use Cannabis daily.

That said, anything done with regularity, including spiritual practices will become the new baseline level and inherently become unable to be detected/appreciated. At this point it's upkeep no longer progress, no matter if the experience is repeated cannabis exposure or repeated stagnant meditation exposure.

The most dangerous and disrespectful to life activity a human can make is settling into a comfortable daily routine. This path means ensured death having wasted the incredible experience opportunities of still being alive. For this reason, weed/mushrooms/etc are not bad on there own, and used sporadical in spiritual-level-doses (heavily uncomfortable doses) incredibly beneficial to enriching life experiences. The very same things become detrimental to enriching life experiences if repeated regularly at a comfortable level, as this steals ones single finite moment repeating experiences already known/learned.

From the moment of conception the single entitlement of the body and mind is to conclude. Prior to this is the opportunity for enriching life experience to stir the soul and discover the beautiful awareness of Being.

Unlimited Love,

-Bud

i understood around 20% of this.

yeah people who smoke weed are bad

Yeah, that's not what I meant, no need to be so defensive. I'm personally not a huge fan of weed, but I have no problem with it's use. I was pointing out that, in my experience, distortion of your bodily sensations is a pretty common effect of weed.

Yeah, that's not what I meant, no need to be so defensive. I'm personally not a huge fan of weed, but I have no problem with it's use. I was pointing out that, in my experience, distortion of your bodily sensations is a pretty common effect of weed.

not being defensive just making a joke, also i can/t thank you enough! you started the conversation that led me to qutting weed

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this