Sign in to follow this  
already

What is bigu ?

Here are two fascinating articles from healingtaousa on bigu. 

http://www.healingtaousa.com/cgi-bin/articles.pl?rm=mode2&articleid=32

http://www.healingtaousa.com/cgi-bin/articles.pl?rm=mode2&articleid=23

Like many things Taoist, bigu works best when it comes naturally and unforced.  In the book "Masters of the Way", one practitioner wouldn't eat for days, not as a formal practice but she simply wasn't hungry and followed her body's natural rhythms. 

It's no beginners practice, rather the culmination of impeccable discipline and practice.  Nor is it necessarily a long term practice.   Its dangerous and without guidance some can fool themselves with it, to the death.  

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

I have been looking for a Bigu instructor for a long time or any advice on what gigong practices to use. I'm still looking so any advice would be good.

Why bigu when you can put all your effort in practices that are safer for those living in society: IMA, Vipassana (walking + seated practice 50/50). You'll be continuously refining your MIND as well as eating healthy and nutritious food.

After all these years of practice I eat two meals a day: early am 6-7am (large) and a second meal (light) around noon.

Before that life was a mess: no routine, 3-4 meals a day at any times sometimes the last around 9pm. Poor internal organs. :(

Bagua has fixed me up for good! :)

Edited by Gerard

I would also say that it should come naturally...dont confuse the technique with the outcome...i experienced it but always only for a few days..eating was disgusting...had amazing energy...but it was so intence that it forced myself to eat again.I dont know if it is compatible with livin in society.

In the absence of a master, I would really appreciate any secondary resources anyone would like to share, like books, articles, etc. Serious write ups are preferred.

This is something I've always wanted to try but haven't felt confident just doing it on my own.

For bigu you need have special alchemical pills and after digesting it you losing need to eat something, you eat rather "special things". 

there is also natural way of bigu not only alchemical way, but natural way is much more disciplined.

Edited by CelibacySeeker

Sign in to follow this