Junko

The origin of mankind

Oh you used to be..Nungali...why did you decide not to be priest anymore?

I don't give a shit about dog hater.They are everywhere! So I don't usually talk about food for dogs to people.None of their business.It's because you asked that's why I just answered.And I don't belong to any religion.

I personally believe strongly dogs have something to do with'Anubis'Egyptian gods.

Edited by Junko

A renegade - the kind that gets burned at the stake.

Still here ... and still   'rare' 

Oh you used to be.....why did you decide not to be priest anymore? I don't give a dawn about dog hater.They are everywhere! So I don't usually talk about food for dogs to people.None of their business.It's because you asked that's why I just answered.And I don't belong to any religion. I personally believe strongly dogs have something to do with'Anubis'Egyptian gods.

and I believe the Zoroastrian belief that the dog is the friend of mankind  - together with the horse, they allowed mankind  to establish itself and develop civilisation. 

Why decide  not to be priest anymore ?   No  congregation ....   not much point having a priest without a congregation and no one to 'minister' to .    Besides, it was a passing stage to achieve the 'Hermit' level. 

Being a Hermit is even better  :) 

I have a statue of  Anpu   (' Anubis' )  on my altar . In ceramic, black and gold, based on this ;

8257187.jpg?462

• Like 1

Gods are alien?!

That's what ancient astronauts theorists believe.

But in another view, the Gods are the Forces of Nature - including the Forces within our psyche. That's what C.G.Jung called Archetypes.

Are there actual beings walking on Earth, that represent the Archetypes? Yes, you actually find them in everyday life. And some are "bigger than life". Individuals like Jesus and Siddharta, who were identified with universal Archetypes and became the Christ and the Buddha respecticely.

Were some such beings extraterrestrials? It is hard to be certain, but there are ancient texts which sound like that.

That's what ancient astronauts theorists believe.

But in another view, the Gods are the Forces of Nature - including the Forces within our psyche. That's what C.G.Jung called Archetypes.

Are there actual beings walking on Earth, that represent the Archetypes? Yes, you actually find them in everyday life. And some are "bigger than life". Individuals like Jesus and Siddharta, who were identified with universal Archetypes and became the Christ and the Buddha respecticely.

Were some such beings extraterrestrials? It is hard to be certain, but there are ancient texts which sound like that.

Yeah and astronauts built the pyramids ;-)

Jung was chanelling Plato and the Neo platonic generation that created modern monotheistic religion from a fusion of East and West. Jung saw archetypes in Christ and Buddah because they were the result of the very same Neo platonic philosophy which Jung followed through their originator-Plato. He was identifying the underlying philosophic components through a lens coloured by the self same philosophies-bingo, he made them fit his marginally altered philosophical ideology. In effect he was begging the question. One good reason we should consign Jung to the dustbin of failure, he lost objectivity and reverted to mysticism instead of hard science.

' Reverted to mysticism ' ?   

He should have studied the human mind and its psychology with  'hard science'  ? ? ?    :unsure:

What ?    He should have studied neuro-surgery or something ? 

• Like 3

Yeah and astronauts built the pyramids ;-)

Possibly!

Jung was chanelling Plato and the Neo platonic generation that created modern monotheistic religion from a fusion of East and West.

Jung was channeling?!

Jung saw archetypes in Christ and Buddah because they were the result of the very same Neo platonic philosophy which Jung followed through their originator-Plato.

Buddha was the result of neo-Platonic philosophy?!

He was identifying the underlying philosophic components through a lens coloured by the self same philosophies-bingo, he made them fit his marginally altered philosophical ideology. In effect he was begging the question. One good reason we should consign Jung to the dustbin of failure, he lost objectivity and reverted to mysticism instead of hard science.

And you are applying hard science?! My oh my...

• Like 2

Possibly!

Jung was channeling?!

Buddha was the result of neo-Platonic philosophy?!

And you are applying hard science?! My oh my...

“Nobody has read Plato – you haven’t either. Yet he is one of those who have come closest to the truth.” – C.G. Jung: C.G. Jung Speaking, Princeton University Press 1977 ed., p. 412

And here is Jung’s opinion on Plato, as given in a seminar:

“… the origin of consciousness means the origin of values and significance, and you find these concepts so well coined in this early philosophy, because Plato was close to the origin of philosophical consciousness.” – C.G. Jung: Notes of the Seminar Given in 1934-1939, Princeton University Press, 1988 ed. p. 678

Jungs archetypes came from Platos forms and latterly Kant's misguided creations, who first got them from Plato. Hence 'channeling' is appropriate as he was channeling Platos ideology.

The Neo platonists (Plotinus) were visitors to many countries including India. They brought back the Eastern philosophies and allowed the beginnings of organised religion to flourish in the West. Wether Buddhism or Christianity, Jung viewed both through the lenses of the very same philosophy.

Pyramids were built by humans not Aliens.

Edited by Karl

I'm not sure about if pyramids were made by humans or by aliens. It could be helped by aliens though.

Edited by Junko

@ Karl

Carl Jung has many critics and what you believe is your business. I personally find his worldview greatly enriching.

As a matter of interest I wonder if you’ve actually read any of Jung’s works? If so, I'd be interested to know which ones. 

• Like 2

I'm sure about if pyramids were made by humans or by aliens. It could be helped by aliens though.

Where is the evidence ?

The technology, design and techniques were well known. You might as well say Stonehenge was built with the assistance of Aliens or the Empire State Building.

@ Karl

Carl Jung has many critics and what you believe is your business. I personally find his worldview greatly enriching.

As a matter of interest I wonder if you’ve actually read any of Jung’s works? If so, I'd be interested to know which ones. 

Yes. I have Memories, Dreams and Reflections which I read fully Several years ago when I was into that kind of thing. I've also read numerous lumps of the drier texts. I was working as a therapist for several years so I have quite a lot of material in that direction.

My criticism is purely philosophical. If you subscribe to Kant then you won't have an issue.

• Like 1

Where is the evidence ?

The technology, design and techniques were well known.

So what were they in your opinion? There are different theories about how the task was accomplished.

To put things in proper perspective, let's review the little calculation Graham Hancock makes in Fingerprints of the God:

Khufu's pyramid alone consists of about 2.3 million blocks (weight: 2-15 tons each). Assuming that the builders worked ten hours a day, 365 days a year, they would have had to place 31 blocks in position every hour, or one block every two minutes, to be done in the twenty years the Egyptologists assume it took to build the Great Pyramid - and every single one with absolutely incredible precision.

However, it is believed that the labour force (an estimated 100'000 men) was only available during the annual three-month agricultural lay-off season imposed by the flooding of the Nile. That implies that four blocks each minute had to be delivered and flawlessly positioned!

You might as well say Stonehenge was built with the assistance of Aliens or the Empire State Building.

We'll have to talk about that later. ;)

• Like 1

Where is the evidence ?

The technology, design and techniques were well known. You might as well say Stonehenge was built with the assistance of Aliens or the Empire State Building.

Stones they have cut.I mean how the stone was cut for the pyramid.Today people can not cut a stone like that and built the pyramid. Edited by Junko

I'm sure about if pyramids were made by humans or by aliens. It could be helped by aliens though.

How ?   Which parts did they help build ? 

Hello readers,I am sorry for making mistakes in English.I meant was 'I am not sure.....'.

Stones they have cut.I mean how the stone was cut for the pyramid.Today people can not cut a stone like that and built the pyramid.

What makes you think today a stone can not not be cut like that today  ?  Sure they can do it  !  

I will admit the social complex and organisation needed to build a pyramid like the Great Pyramid  could not be done. 

Imagine the wages, insurance ,  health and safety issues , etc. etc. 

In the 'right '  social set up  today  (basically slavery ) ... and chasing money   ( instead of building a pyramid )  have motivated today's people to achieve similar amazing feats . 

34001571.jpg

'The Big Hole'  - dug by hand !  

http://www.factshunt.com/2013/08/kimberley-mine-largest-hole-excavated.html

“Nobody has read Plato – you haven’t either. Yet he is one of those who have come closest to the truth.” – C.G. Jung: C.G. Jung Speaking, Princeton University Press 1977 ed., p. 412

And here is Jung’s opinion on Plato, as given in a seminar:

“… the origin of consciousness means the origin of values and significance, and you find these concepts so well coined in this early philosophy, because Plato was close to the origin of philosophical consciousness.” – C.G. Jung: Notes of the Seminar Given in 1934-1939, Princeton University Press, 1988 ed. p. 678

Jungs archetypes came from Platos forms and latterly Kant's misguided creations, who first got them from Plato. Hence 'channeling' is appropriate as he was channeling Platos ideology.

So that's what you meant by "channeling". Well, I would say, Jung simply admitted his sources. I don't see anything wrong in that.

The Neo platonists (Plotinus) were visitors to many countries including India. They brought back the Eastern philosophies and allowed the beginnings of organised religion to flourish in the West. Wether Buddhism or Christianity, Jung viewed both through the lenses of the very same philosophy.

So, now Plotinus got the concept of the archetypes from Buddhism? I would say, Platon is sufficient as source. But actually, they have been recognized across the cultures long before.

The Gods are archetypes. And deification of historical personalities is also something seen in many times and places, it's not something specifically neo-Platonic.

Pyramids were built by humans not Aliens.

See my previous posts.

Especially considering that, according to the Egyptologists, they only had soft copper saws to do the job, very inadequate tools.

Who says they only had soft copper saws ? ? ?    You cant start off with wrong info and come to a right conclusion .....   unless you are  .....  ( see below at * ) 

No ... the tools they had were VERY  adequate .....    look at the results !   (The finished product ) 

Surely you are not going to claim every diorite ( very hard stone)  statue, bowl , vase, piece of architecture  was made by unknown tools ?  Especially when we have their own pictures of people back then using the tools they used to get those results .

Come on guys, think clearly and logically ... your intelligence will get eroded by reading * Handcock *  !

He writes crapola !   ... even the surname is a giveaway    ^_^

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2

What makes you think today a stone can not not be cut like that today  ?  Sure they can do it  !  

I will admit the social complex and organisation needed to build a pyramid like the Great Pyramid  could not be done. 

Imagine the wages, insurance ,  health and safety issues , etc. etc. 

In the 'right '  social set up  today  (basically slavery ) ... and chasing money   ( instead of building a pyramid )  have motivated today's people to achieve similar amazing feats . 

34001571.jpg

'The Big Hole'  - dug by hand !  

http://www.factshunt.com/2013/08/kimberley-mine-largest-hole-excavated.html

You compare digging a big hole to building a pyramid? LOLOL. That is not even equivalent to gathering the material required to build one!

Who says they only had soft copper saws ? ? ? You cant start off with wrong info and come to a right conclusion ..... unless you are ..... ( see below at * )

No ... the tools they had were VERY adequate ..... look at the results ! (The finished product )

That's called circular reasoning.

Surely you are not going to claim every diorite ( very hard stone) statue, bowl , vase, piece of architecture was made by unknown tools ? Especially when we have their own pictures of people back then using the tools they used to get those results .

Copper saws (Mohs hardness 3) are all right for cutting cardboard, not for cutting lime stone (Mohs hardness 4) and granite (Mohs hardness 6-8).

Come on guys, think clearly and logically

Funny, I was going to tell you just that.

... your intelligence will get eroded by reading * Handcock * !

He writes crapola ! ... even the surname is a giveaway ^_^

En contraire! Your IQ seems to be decreasing by reading too many orthodox researchers trying hard to rationalize anything not in line with their preconceived assumptions. But hey... A two weeks vacation in Maiorca has been shown to have a similar effect.

No I am not . 

Its about social structure and motivation.   For example  The Chimu (pre Aztec ) valued spikey pink shells more than gold .  People died to collect them.  Even death was considered different back then .  

The reason I gave the big hole as an example is , in modern day, it was still done by hand .    

You seem to be thinking I am trying to prove something else ... like if we could dig that we could build a pyramid ?  No. 

What about he rest of 'my issues' ... are they equally  LOLable ?  

* What makes you think they only had copper saws ?

* Why say we cant we make blocks like that anymore ?  We do it all the time .

* Why were not the tools adequate considering the results they achieved ? 

*  Are you claiming all the statues bowls and objects made of the hardest stone was done with unknown techniques ? 

* Which parts of the pyramid were so hard they needed help ? 

• Like 1