Chang

Britain and the European Union

I wouldn't worry about that Apech, he'd go through Karl and Chang like a dose of salts.

Fair enough.

• Like 1

I wouldn't worry about that Apech, he'd go through Karl and Chang like a dose of salts.

Hardly. He does go through a lot of hats though. Paddy is a bluffer and thinks shouting over the top of his opponent is logical argument.

Fair enough.

Thanks Apech.

Firm and competent leadership certainly seems to be what's needed in this particular equation.

Still, I guess we'll just have to wait for a Taobums interview to ascertain his suitability for the post.

:)

Thanks Apech.

Firm and competent leadership certainly seems to be what's needed in this particular equation.

Still, I guess we'll just have to wait for a Taobums interview to ascertain his suitability for the post.

:)

I can't think of a better way.

• Like 1

I can't think of a better way.

Excellent!

Once Paddy's finished tidying up the mess that the Bullingdon Boys have made of the UK, perhaps you'd be kind enough to lend him to your American cousins who seem to have made a similar hash of things..?

I cannot help but think he would be a bit of an improvement on Trump and he's almost certainly considerably less hawkish yet at the same time more competent than Hilary despite the handicap of his somewhat colourful and chequered background.

Excellent!

Once Paddy's finished tidying up the mess that the Bullingdon Boys have made of the UK, perhaps you'd be kind enough to lend him to your American cousins who seem to have made a similar hash of things..?

I cannot help but think he would be a bit of an improvement on Trump and he's almost certainly considerably less hawkish yet at the same time more competent than Hilary despite the handicap of his somewhat colourful and chequered background.

I think it might be appropriate to refer to him from now by his full title

The Right Honourable

The Lord Ashdown

of Norton-sub-Hamdon

GCMGCHKBEPC

• Like 1

http://www.stopbite.com/

Interesting thing my sister sent me today. She tends to buy natural products and has always bought the above product for her camping trips to Scotland. Have a look at the first line of writing at the top of the page. This company have been forced to stop selling their popular product because of EU rules. Big business wins again with EU backing. She has found this to been the case with many natural products such as colloidal silver.

• Like 2

Once again Apech I must congratulate your ability to never disappoint.

This You Tube offering is produced by some bod residing in Baku, Azerbaijan. Surely even a humanity hugger like yourself could find something from closer to home. I suspect the bit about the possible price increase of French wine has upset you.

Some good news though. The Prime Minister has stated in Parliament that the result of the referendum will be binding and that there will be no second go in an attempt to get a more E.U. friendly result.

Edited by Chang
  • Like 3

This You Tube offering is produced by some bod residing in Baku, Azerbaijan. Surely even a humanity hugger like yourself could find something from closer to home. I suspect the bit about the possible price increase of French wine has upset you.

Some good news though. The Prime Minister has stated in Parliament that the result of the referendum will be binding and that there will be no second go in an attempt to get a more E.U. friendly result.

My concern is the 'no rush' comment. That we need a negotiating team when clearly we would be negotiating from a position of still being members. Why ? I can only think that it means an attempt to hold Europe to ransom but to remain members. I have written to my local labour MP requesting that they ensure our departure is undertaken immediately and not delayed by Camerons departure.

The Irish PM said today that if EC decision makers continue to mess around with taxes, Ireland will be the next to vote out of the EU. Now that sounded more like a little squeak than a roar, considering the puniness of Ireland's position on the EU chessboard. 

Did you watch it to the end?  I doubt it - it predicted the disintegration of the EU (and had done so before in 2011) which ought to please you.  Watch things, read things before commenting - a good rule.

Why would I care about the cost of french wine????

This will help you understand:

...watch from 7:26s to the end.

And by the way the Caspian Report is a very good channel.

Edited by Apech

Did you watch it to the end? I doubt it - it predicted the disintegration of the EU (and had done so before in 2011) which ought to please you. Watch things, read things before commenting - a good rule.

Why would I care about the cost of french wine????

This will help you understand:

...watch from 7:26s to the end.

And by the way the Caspian Report is a very good channel.

It's very simplistic because it fails to point out what the problem is. Some of the implications are correct, but only in the sense that at the the top of every mountain, the only way is down.

The lack of depth is understandable if you haven't been taught Austrian economics and Objectivism. In effect the world is seen by people through a pragmatic prism and Keynesian economics and big Government is seen as the way the world must operate.

Let me give a different view:

The world has a centralised, monetary system controlled by central banks and Governments. They have been arranging the world to their liking, but this world is an illusion, the market has vaporised and capitalism has been rendered impotent. The result is debt fuelled production. An attempt to steal production from the future without ever creating the means of production in the present. To concretise; it is pure theft perpetrated by fraudsters who have promised their victims that the theft is really an investment that will one day multiply and shower the victim with wealth. Over the last 100 years the pace of this theft as increased because it is a Ponzi scheme. This Ponzi scheme relies on the confidence of the people on the necessity and effectiveness of the institutions, plus the people must believe that reality is not reality as they perceive it. If they are told that Government spending creates wealth, or that low interest rates and inflation are good things, then they must totally believe these things are true.

As such, the world is in a horrible financial mess and central planners are reaching their end game. People have begun to see something isn't quite right. There is the beginnings of a feeling that something is wrong and they have begun to seek the cause.

In Britain, as in the rest of Europe, the magic spell has been unwinding. The elite have had to work harder and harder to try and convince the people that they are better off sticking with the elites structures and planning. Yet it is increasingly clear that the promises being made are now failing to materialise. Britain has a weak economy, it has massive structural problems and an economy built on the same Ponzi scheme the rest of the world is running, but, unlike the EU it has one difference-it can print its own money. Whilst the EU has been attempting to fix its structural weakness country to country (let's exclude the Brussels gravy train technocrats for now as it confuses the picture), Britain has been pretending that it has been fixing the structural problems. It has been pretending and extending. It has partially managed this by levering of its EU membership. It has had a guarantor in the EU block which has helped it to hide its profiligacy.

It's important to understand where we are in order to understand why we are here and where we are going. The reason immigrants are pouring into the UK is because Britain has tricked the world into believing it's bullshit about having a strong economy created by a fiscally responsible Government. The game being played is a confidence trick in a world which is based on confidence tricks.

However, reality is reality, X is X and a thing is a thing. You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time, but eventually that settles the fooled into two camps. One camp is shrinking in number, but has a very good life, whilst the other camp is expanding and seeing its wealth collapse. There comes a tipping point and the EU referendum is the result.

If the elite cannot find a way to convince the people to continue trusting them, then the whole thing begins to unwind. We see this in Greece who are now told to accept their position by force. They no longer believe what they are told and the troika has resorted to the old fashioned method of imposing its will by the use of threats and potential violence.

If we leave the EU-and it's by no means certain that we will-then we will have chosen a path of discovery. The thing we will discover will be that lie told by the Government about the strength of our economy. We will discover that we paid into a Ponzi scheme that won't ever pay out. The immigrants will discover that there aren't any real jobs, or the money to pay for them. When that happens they will begin returning home. Britains pretend economy will begin to unwind with ever increasing velocity and then the Government will be forced to cut back on its size and its regulatory control. This will all come as an unpleasant shock for those who had come to depend on the lie in order to live. The better the living standards enjoyed, the more Ponzi money, jobs, welfare utilised, the more pain will be suffered.

Britain will have independently accepted what no part of the western world has been prepared to accept-the truth. Once we have swallowed the bitter pill things can begin turning around for us and the rest of the world will eventually face the same truth. He fact is that believing something does not make it so; that demand cannot be sustained without supply, that free market capitalism is the only known way to increase wealth honestly, that there are no free meals-there are borrowed meals that eventually must be paid back.

The referendum result might be the beginning of a whole new kind of world, or it might all just collapse into anarchy, war and violence. Whatever happens the people on the bottom of the ladder have woken up and the Government does not have the means to placate them. It may yet convince them to accept the pain, it may do so as was done to the Greeks by force. It may even find a way of pretending and extending in order to throw some booty to those who are dissatisfied. The people may decide they are better sleeping. Any of these things, or a mixture of them may occur, yet one thing is certain, no one can stop an idea which has come into being.

The EU has already launched an attack on our markets-this was expected, they will attempt to extract a reversal, or a compromise. However their ammunition is very limited and we are also a player in the roundabout money scheme. The EU will need to prop up its banking sector with ever greater bailouts if it is to continue the attack. The European won't accept that situation for any length of time.

Edited by Karl
  • Like 1

@Karl

I agree it lacks depth but what do you expect from a ten minute video.  However I am pleased to think that unlike Chang you actually watched it before commenting.

Most Caspian Report vids are concise summaries of middle east politics - as such they are more of an background info resource than a complete picture.  Agreeing with their conclusions is not necessary as I am sure you would agree only reading and listening to views that support your own is the path to small minded ignorance.

@Karl

I agree it lacks depth but what do you expect from a ten minute video.  However I am pleased to think that unlike Chang you actually watched it before commenting.

Most Caspian Report vids are concise summaries of middle east politics - as such they are more of an background info resource than a complete picture.  Agreeing with their conclusions is not necessary as I am sure you would agree only reading and listening to views that support your own is the path to small minded ignorance.

:-) A is A, a thing is a thing, we can know reality directly.

That there are 'other views' suggests there is no one view which is correct. There are two ways to look at that. One is the absolute, the other is man made. It's important that you define which one you are using. For instance, it is absolutely true that if you do not receive oxygen then you will die, it is not absolutely true that the price of an item on a supermarket shelf is anything but a human creation.

What would it be for you to know the absolute ?

I cannot say what will happen, but I can know that something will happen and I can know that it will happen with direct reference with reality. So, I can know that I cannot have my cake and eat it, I cannot magic 2 cakes out of one, the cake remains a cake and does not change into a melon because I think it can, nor can the cake appear out of thin air-it must be created by productive effort.

If you can understand absolutes-what is-from man made, then you can begin to see things that you had not seen before.

With regards to a man made 'view' well that is a prediction if it is predicated on other human action. An enrepreneur-which we all must be-must try and see what the future will bring, but it must always be connected to reality. Listening to 'other views' which are predictions can be informative, but absolutes are absolutes. One is not the other.

:-) A is A, a thing is a thing, we can know reality directly.

That there are 'other views' suggests there is no one view which is correct. There are two ways to look at that. One is the absolute, the other is man made. It's important that you define which one you are using. For instance, it is absolutely true that if you do not receive oxygen then you will die, it is not absolutely true that the price of an item on a supermarket shelf is anything but a human creation.

What would it be for you to know the absolute ?

I cannot say what will happen, but I can know that something will happen and I can know that it will happen with direct reference with reality. So, I can know that I cannot have my cake and eat it, I cannot magic 2 cakes out of one, the cake remains a cake and does not change into a melon because I think it can, nor can the cake appear out of thin air-it must be created by productive effort.

If you can understand absolutes-what is-from man made, then you can begin to see things that you had not seen before.

With regards to a man made 'view' well that is a prediction if it is predicated on other human action. An enrepreneur-which we all must be-must try and see what the future will bring, but it must always be connected to reality. Listening to 'other views' which are predictions can be informative, but absolutes are absolutes. One is not the other.

Karl, I am the Absolute I thought you knew that.

Karl, I am the Absolute I thought you knew that.

You are an absolute.

You are an absolute.

Did you mean ... 'you are an absolute ________' ?

• Like 1

Did you mean ... 'you are an absolute ________' ?

I did not imply more than I wrote.

• Like 1

For a sec i thought it was Merkel lol

Edited by C T
  • Like 1

Jeremy Corbyn: UK Labour Party Leader Loses No-Confidence Vote, 172-40, Following EU Referendum

Tuesday's vote came after Corbyn reshuffled the shadow cabinet following the resignations of two-thirds of its members, outlets reported. It would appear that whilst he undoubtably has the support of the younger and more left wing rank and file members, his fellow Labour M.P.'s see him simply as a hazard to their future in Parliament.

So, I've just been watching Farage on the BBC. He's claiming, with sense, that every country in the world has access to the European market anyway. So I was just wondering, what are the restrictions on countries outside the EU who want to do dealing with those inside?

The point he's making is that there is no need to allow free movement of people and give up our borders just to get access to the European market as we have it anyway? Is this true? Sorry to ask Daobums this, but I've not been able to find the answers to this easily on the internet.

If the above is true, then I'd have to agree with him that they may as well get on with negotiating a separation as quickly as possible before the will of the people gets diluted.

Edited by Miffymog