Chang

Putin the Gangster. But Why Now?

45 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

I couldn't tell if you were agreeing with me or disagreeing.

Regardless,

It is known that we Americans have removed people who the government felt were extreme threats to the government establishment.  Of course, the were set up to appear to be accidents and no external investigations were allowed.

So yes, all governments do it.  Kim of North Korea was just in the news about that recently.  Didn't even try hard to cover up what really happened.

Nearly anyone in power is going to do whatever it takes in order to keep their power.  Doesn't matter what country they have control of.

My main concern is that we Americans, America in general, have lost our economic competitive edge and the only reason we are still the most powerful military force on the planet is that our government keeps borrowing money from mostly other countries.  America has lost its tax base by allowing American companies to move out of the country and them import goods tariff free While the countries they are operating in have heavy tariffs on goods we export to them.

"I knew some russians!"

=

"dont tell me about 911, I was in nyc on that day"

https://www.sott.net/article/348362-Origins-of-the-anti-Russia-sanctions-The-CIA-MI6-plot-to-corrupt-Russia-recruit-Navalny-murder-Magnitsky-and-blame-Putin-VIDEO

Origins of the anti-Russia sanctions: The CIA-MI6 plot to corrupt Russia, recruit Navalny, murder Magnitsky, and blame Putin (VIDEO)

Edited by joeblast
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, joeblast said:

But no problems at all with the West having coup'd the government in Ukraine and handing it over to EU sympathetic corruption, after the old LEGITIMATE government said the EU's deal wasnt good enough and they were going with Russia's trade offer.

I think it was even worse. Yanukovych thought the Ukraine wasn't ready for a deal with the EU yet and wanted to postpone it. Then the coup happened under stated reason of being outraged at that and wanting better EU connections and then the new regime with Poroshenko postponed it, too, but somehow that was all fine and dandy.

Edited by Owledge
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CityHermit! said:

Anyway, I have to be on call soon and I'm not even going to bother with my typos. I am still waiting for an answer as to how many Russians you know and how well. Better yet, I want to hear your approach and stance to China, what you do regarding them. I'll give you all day to answer that one.

It's a weak point to use your alleged knowing-of-Russians. Without knowing all the details of that it's about as credible as saying I know exactly what bad stuff Trump is doing in the USA because I know some U.S. Americans.

The same approach is taken by propaganda bloggers in Venezuela, going "I live here, I know for a fact the government is EEVIILLL!!!"

Edited by Owledge
  • Like 2

Yeah, we don't know what we don't know.  Be we tend to assume; sometimes we are right, othertimes we are wrong.

It's difficult today because much of the media won't tell us the truth.  Most of what we are told is opinions and assumptions.

2 hours ago, Owledge said:

I think it was even worse. Yanukovych thought the Ukraine wasn't ready for a deal with the EU yet and wanted to postpone it. Then the coup happened under stated reason of being outraged at that and wanting better EU connections and then the new regime with Poroshenko postponed it, too, but somehow that was all fine and dandy.

Yes, there were a lot of hoops to jump through in order to sign up for the debt-slavery and abdication of sovereignty known as "The European Union."

Putin flat out gave them a better deal - what did the EU have to offer, but IMF loans, bailouts, and perpetual debt for the great grandchildren of Ukraine?  (maidan massacre aside.....oh wait, that was the derp state "Intelligence" "agencies" that did that....:rolleyes:)

• Like 3

My favorite anti-Putin protests are brought by Pussy Riot, just when it seemed like Russia's soccer ball World Cup had thought of everything--- Good Job Putin! On the final day we get a gift wrapped up in a bow, Pussy Riot takes the field! Well played girls, well played Vladimir!!

You know Putin has to love Pussy Riot, who doesn't?

pussy riot.jpg

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 7:55 AM, joeblast said:

yeah, soviet union :rolleyes:  sorry, too dipshitty to respond to.

It's your call what you do and don't respond to, but again you've been the one approaching me each time and you cop out on answers to things while simultaneously making criticisms on mine or other's familiarity on topics. You're not looking so knowledgeable yourself. You're also making the presumption I or others could care what you think, as if your viewing or response to a topic means anything. Is there a reason why your view matters regarding to these topics out there in the real world? It's fine to vent in a forum, but that's quite a difference from dealing with these topics in other ways. I really wanted to hear your views and approach to China, too bad, I can only assume ignorance about it from you then.

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 10:21 AM, Owledge said:

It's a weak point to use your alleged knowing-of-Russians. Without knowing all the details of that it's about as credible as saying I know exactly what bad stuff Trump is doing in the USA because I know some U.S. Americans.

The same approach is taken by propaganda bloggers in Venezuela, going "I live here, I know for a fact the government is EEVIILLL!!!"

What I'm saying is that I don't go off of only my own views, but I ask those of others who might be closer to the situation than I. This is  bit different than say people who want to support Trump's stance on Russia who have no connection to Russia or Russians themselves and don't know how to view what's in their good interest but toe the line because it supports Trump. Besides this there are some objective facts to go off of. There are people who get targeted by the state in Russia, and people die. Is that a state you would want to live in?

• Haha 1

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 8:30 AM, Marblehead said:

I couldn't tell if you were agreeing with me or disagreeing.

Regardless,

It is known that we Americans have removed people who the government felt were extreme threats to the government establishment.  Of course, the were set up to appear to be accidents and no external investigations were allowed.

So yes, all governments do it.  Kim of North Korea was just in the news about that recently.  Didn't even try hard to cover up what really happened.

Nearly anyone in power is going to do whatever it takes in order to keep their power.  Doesn't matter what country they have control of.

My main concern is that we Americans, America in general, have lost our economic competitive edge and the only reason we are still the most powerful military force on the planet is that our government keeps borrowing money from mostly other countries.  America has lost its tax base by allowing American companies to move out of the country and them import goods tariff free While the countries they are operating in have heavy tariffs on goods we export to them.

I just thought of stimulating the conversation to see what would happen. I'm not surprised at the result, though I don't mean that regards to your responses particularly.

I don't deny governments, virtually all if not every one, do that but I don't think its right and my stance and efforts in life are always going to be opposed to it.

I do agree about keeping an edge, and it being unfortunate where its dulling for the US. I'm definitely not for outsourcing. I think the US could improve its manufacturing base again.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CityHermit! said:

What I'm saying is that I don't go off of only my own views, but I ask those of others who might be closer to the situation than I. This is  bit different than say people who want to support Trump's stance on Russia who have no connection to Russia or Russians themselves and don't know how to view what's in their good interest but toe the line because it supports Trump. Besides this there are some objective facts to go off of. There are people who get targeted by the state in Russia, and people die. Is that a state you would want to live in?

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 10:21 AM, Owledge said:

More importantly, I'm not anti-Russian, which I think was the implication that you may have missed. There is propaganda playing out in Russia that tries to depict policies in the West as particularly anti-Russian when they could be more accurately described as anti-Putin. Putin likes capitalize off of perceived sentiment against Russians and mobilize a nationalist response.

People can have a remarkable habit of only 'informing' themselves and 'listening around' along their preconceived views; what they want to hear anyway.

I am also not moved by the words "objective facts" since that in itself means absolutely nothing. It can be pure belief and bullshit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Owledge said:

People can have a remarkable habit of only 'informing' themselves and 'listening around' along their preconceived views; what they want to hear anyway.

I am also not moved by the words "objective facts" since that in itself means absolutely nothing. It can be pure belief and bullshit.

So you being conceived and born into this world is not an objective fact?

• Like 1