Aithrobates

Ghost immortality

The highest wisdom in Dzogchen is that reality is just like a dream, the only difference is the duration.

So, a dream is in fact a reality simulation inside a reality simulation.

I'm curious to at least hear you describe your two iterations more.

Not sure if this is the thread to pursue this... but how do you know it is not more than two iterations?

• Like 1

well, most people never learn... good luck in your "self mastery", but it would be better not to mislead others, it's bad for all, including yourself. Read at least some texts, if you have nobody to ask. "Pure yin" is a way opposite to Dao, there is no any doubt here. And it's not a starting point, because any human is partially Yin, partially Yang.

About healing you also have no clue, how it works and when.

Yin and Yang are equally opposite to the directionless.

Apologies for plucking out that one comment. I'm just reading through this interesting thread for the first time.

Edited by Silent Answers

I've gone through periods of intense near-death illness in my life and I can attest to being harassed by low life presences during those times. Can't say that my body was ever possessed but I did experience disturbances in my consciousness, and the sense that there were presences around who were feeding off my pain or even enhancing it for their own amusement. When I was younger I had no defense but I learned techniques as I got older to protect myself.

In classical acupuncture there are 13 Ghost Points, as expounded upon by Sun Si-Miao. In modern acupuncture they are used exclusively to treat physical health conditions. Traditionally, it was believed that if the body's treasures (yin, yang, qi, blood, jing, shen) were severely depleted, then spirits could enter the body or at the very least mess with you. The ghost points were used to expel these influences, and seal up the body from invasion. The core, foundational reason that spirits can invade is either because the body becomes too weak to house the shen (spirit) completely and so the vessel becomes partially vacant, or the shen itself becomes highly disturbed (trauma, emotions, etc.) and can no longer govern the stable functions of the qi dynamic.

I've been having OBEs and astral travel since I was a kid, it just happened naturally. As a child I had some highly disturbing experiences - not possession related, but not being able to fully "come back". In modern science they attribute night terrors in children to not being able to properly exit REM sleep, so you linger in between REM and wakefulness; but in my experience it was an inability to fully re-enter my body. It really sucked. It went away into adulthood.

I question if the body can be possessed by something else during an OBE. Your weiqi fields do not disappear just because you leave. You'd have to already be pretty weak + out of body to maybe get fully invaded, and even then there are psychic mechanisms which would immediately fling you back into your body if something goes wrong. That's been my experience. There's also a difference between being invaded, and something being attached to you that's influencing you. One can look like the other, but one is way more severe than the other. Attached things are way more common than true possession.

That said, I've encountered things in the astral plane that, to my impression, posed a serious threat. One was a portal or vortex of some kind that strongly, magnetically was sucking everything into it, and it was alive. I knew that if I went inside that thing I might never come back. I've also encountered astral low lives trying to attack me, but all you really have to do is raise your vibration and go "above" them, and they can't follow you. It's what I've always naturally done... I don't know if it's something people normally have to train to do or not.

The main risk with astral travel, in my opinion, is not that you can be invaded or encounter scary things, it's that things can follow you back to your body and just mess with your life in general. The cord that joins your astral form to your body is like a highway that tells them exactly where to find you. So although they may not invade you, they may hang around your home and try to mess with your life for their own amusement. If your life in general is balanced, your home and person are purified, and you are of strong character, they usually lose interest pretty fast though.

A number of very excellent points Orion. Thanks!

I dealt with a lot of Interesting experiences out of body as a child also. Flying through various dream realms.

Dreams within dreams, never knowing if I was actually awake yet. Night visitors ("Old Hag", vampiric type entities,

etc.). "Falling" Into my body, after travelling, my physical body bouncing up from the bed, then down. Things like that.

It's been my experience that most people who get Into spiritual culture, and cultivation sciences, tend to have experiences of this sort. Then they shut down during the high school/college years (which Is what happened to me), only to re-awaken

In your 20s.

Children are basically In a meditative state, until they hit puberty. Super receptive, which Is why we learn so fast when

we're young. Also makes us open to "Actual Reality", and It's various denizens.

Again, great Insights Orion! :D 

Cheers! 

• Like 2

I have a question: What is the light that Ghosts that get stuck here have to go in?

Is that the doorway to the spiritual realm and why can they go through on there own?

Great questions SpiritME.

Some consider It an entranceway to higher realms.

Some consider It the manifested totality of "The One" (Fill In your desired deity, Idea, etc. here).

Some consider It the equivalent of a giant "Bug Zapper", put there by parasitic Inter-dimensional entities

that feed off of human souls, basically "harvesting" them, at the time of death.

I tend to go with the first one, but at the end of the day, none of us will actually know, until we can travel there, and observe the process, or when we transition (aka "Die"). Until then, all we can really do Is speculate.

Here's a summary of what consciousness explorer Robert Monroe had to say, In his book "Far Journeys":

"25 years of Out of Body Experiences and exploring altered states of consciousness made Robert Monroe somewhat of an expert in matters of the after life.

In Far Journeys he tells us about his extensive journeys into other realms, where most of us only go after we have left our physical body for good. For many the book has been an important source for the proof of life after death.
Monroe discovered different energy levels or rings around the earth. Close to earth the level of vibrations are lowest. The further away, the higher the vibrations. 

Proof Of Life After Death
According to Robert Monroe, when a human dies and leaves the physical body permanently, he becomes consciously aware of his energy body. Whatever his belief system during his last life on earth, he will be attracted to the energy level which resonates with his own belief system at the moment of transition from the physical to the non-physical.

If a person is strongly catholic, for example, she would land in a realm where there is a catholic after life reality created by like-minded souls.

On one journey - triggered by his own sexual arousal - Robert Monroe visited a lower vibrating level, where bodies upon bodies were engaged in constant intercourse – like group sex, obsessed with sex - never getting enough satisfaction.

Then he describes souls who have died, but have not realized or who cannot accept their physical death. They seem to be stuck in the near earth vibrations and are unable to see the light which would lead them into higher realms.(Emphasis Mine) Monroe himself became a helper to these so called earthbound souls, trying to make them realize that they have survived physical death.

Even in the after world, it seems, helpers are needed to give proof of life after death to the deceased non-believers of an after-life.

No matter where a recently passed human soul would land, there would always be helpers from higher levels gracefully and patiently trying to make them see another perspective of their current awareness of existence. Always focussed on the intent to raise their vibration. "

Reasons why some can't go "Into The light":

People that had unfinished business,  left loved ones behind (especially children, or spouses), or that were very conditioned to the world of gross physical matter, tend to have a hard time letting go. Some don't even realize that they're dead.

Some are caught up In a re-enactment loop of the trauma of their death.

The other thing about the light, Is that It supposedly penetrates through you, and shows you all of the errors, and mistakes that you've made In your life. In other words, "You're judged". Some people can't take It, and run back Into darkness.

So those are some of the reasons that people don't go Into It.

I've dealt with the recently dead, In a ritual context, and also ancestors, but that's about it. 

But until I experience It myself, I'll leave what It is In the speculation/opinion bin.  :D

Cheers!
Edited by Infolad1
  • Like 2

Exactly.

The highest wisdom in Dzogchen is that reality is just like a dream, the only difference is the duration.

So, a dream is in fact a reality simulation inside a reality simulation.

Btw, who would have thought that you can find the highest truth in a nursery rhyme for children? :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Row,_Row,_Row_Your_Boat

Row, row, row your boat,

Gently down the stream.

Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,

Life is but a dream.

EXACTLY!! :D

I contemplate that rhyme all the time!

It tells you the truth of reality,

and how to function In it, In 18 words.

Simply profound. Great Reference Wells, thanks!

Cheers!

• Like 1

Should we really head the Zhongli-Lu text seriously? I haven't studied the validity of this traditional text that is allegedly from a Chinese immortal. For me It's almost like taking the Bible literally, almost. 

10 hours ago, Jaguar said:

Should we really head the Zhongli-Lu text seriously? I haven't studied the validity of this traditional text that is allegedly from a Chinese immortal. For me It's almost like taking the Bible literally, almost. 

Are we talking about the Zhong-Lu dialogues? I haven't read them but IIRC from a history Zhongli Quan established neidan. If you know of English translations I would be grateful. 

An interesting point about scriptures/received texts (jing, ) is

that they were considered as a concretion of the yuanqi, inscribed on heavenly tablets of jade & gold, circulated amongst the divinities & only after a very long time were they transmitted to humans. I think this has roots in the Ho-t'u & Lo-Shu as divinely received writing that described the esoteric reality/organization of the world & the story about the origin of Chinese writing which had something to do with bird tracks, I can't recall the precise details, but importantly birds were seen as messengers between heaven & earth. 

In Daoism, at least beginning in the Lingbao & Shanqing traditions, the texts are considered magical talismans literally imbued with the divine & describe reality-as-it-is rather than reality-as-it-appears. There's almost certainly a parallel with Hebrew/Torah, but I haven't given it any thought until just now.

Anyhow, Daoism has a well-worn tradition of divinely received texts, in fact starting with the Celestial Masters Laozi was literally the Dao taken human form to transmit the Daodejing. They're certainly not the Bible, but they're definitely not just philosophical expositions.

Think of Immortals as Saints or Exemplars if it helps, but of the Zhongli Quan & Lu Dongbin corpus I don't believe they are considered received (feel free to correct me) but are rather instructional manuals. 

• Like 1

In the spiritual world there are “ghost immortals.”

They are very mortal,

Only given the title because they represent an energetic extreme.

Unlike the pure yang of a golden immortal,

Their energy is pure yin.

As yin is gross, formed, closer to earth,

People will feel, sense, and respond to ghost immortals quickly.

They will always attract many followers.

Often these followers feel like they have gained abilities.

And they have:

Their energies have dropped to the level of their teacher.

This relationship is like playing in the mud--

There is splashing, and more splashing.

Ghost immortals are not evil.

They are just deluded.

This makes them more unpredictable.

The spiritual world can be dangerous--

Not unlike paddling a canoe in the dark night.

We can lose ourselves without knowing it.

I hope we can all be careful.

• Like 3