dawei

Staff rotation

I wondered the same thing a couple weeks ago.

If he PMs a lot his box might be full and he would have to delete some before he can get any more.

• Like 1

If he PMs a lot his box might be full and he would have to delete some before he can get any more.

Oh, I just assumed it was personal and I deployed my flying monkeys.

Or I assumed gatito (spiel chucker wants to change that to "baritone" (stupid smartphone)) had PMs disabled and didn't pursue it.

I can't remember which so be on the lookout for the flying monkeys just in case...

• Like 1

Ah yes...

PMs...

I intended to update my Friends List thread to deal with this issue but I've had it on the back burner incubating for a long time and I guess that it's probably nicely cooked now.

However, I think that , I'll deal with it in my new PPF instead, which I'll request in the appropriate place when I get around to it (unless someone with admin permissions happens to spot this post and sets one up for me first).

Incidentally, in the interim, I'll mention that it's unwise to take anything personally...

:)

It's not MoPai or Buddhism that's the problem, it's those individuals

I do actually agree with the idea that it is more about these teaching sometimes attract a certain kind of individual...

who don't have access to an authentic teacher* and who are instead searching for answers to their problems on the internet (as opposed to in-real-life) that are the issue.

that puts it in better perspective...   I had a Ricky Gervais moment with my tongue in cheek comment. 

* authentic teacher - being another key and an entire thread in its own right (because there's only One :) )

that would be good... as your paren made it sound even more interesting :)

I think that , I'll deal with it in my new PPF instead, which I'll request in the appropriate place when I get around to it (unless someone with admin permissions happens to spot this post and sets one up for me first).

Done.   Here:

http://thedaobums.com/forum/455-gatito/

• Like 2

Thanks.

Could you change the G to a g please?

done.   Let us know about sub-forums anytime... 

• Like 1

Please welcome Michael Sternbach and  Daeluin to the most thankless job they will ever accept :)

Daeliun is moved to Technician which is more down (or up) his alley  :)

If someone is interested in Steward or Mod, let me know via PM so we can talk.

• Like 1

Doubt that you'll need any now that everyone can self-moderate...

and we've driven the mods to self-medicate.

• Like 1

and we've driven the mods to self-medicate.

I'm really hoping that this new system will make them redundant - and I'm fairly certain that if that's the case they'd take the very generous settlement of a completely hassle-free life and enjoy their very early retirements.

I'm really hoping that this new system will make them redundant - and I'm fairly certain that if that's the case they'd take the very generous settlement of a completely hassle-free life and enjoy their very early retirements.

Pension plan ain't nothing to write home about...

• Like 1

Oh, wait! I remember now...

I volunteered to perform a community service. Three times now, in fact.

:)

Oh, yeah -- and I chose to pay to support the community, too. Guess I just don't see it as a battlefield or a covert operation but that's just me.

;)

Edited by Brian
  • Like 1

... so how did that work out for you in the end?

Haven't gotten to the end yet so it's hard to say.

... well perhaps you'll choose to share your experience here when it's finished or perhaps it will be something that cannot easily be shared.

Edit: for being too convoluted previously (and for spelling :) )

Edited by gatito

Be glad to! Perhaps I'll write a tell-all memoir. Don't think it would sell very well, though -- most of it is fairly mundane stuff.

Then perhaps better not to have become involved in the first place?

That's a valid perspective but it isn't mine.

<shrug>

• Like 1