4bsolute

How disgusting is the sexual relationship between men and women actually?

Guys... did you read the OP? He's not talking about the act of sex, he's talking about sexual relationships between men and women -- the relationship which may or may not lead to the act of sex...

• Like 1

that's nice, i found that i was getting my feathers up reading your first comment about equality.

still <<Equality of man and woman is a pathway to disaster. We need the differences to maintain the attraction and bring togetherness. Family should stay together and enjoy the strengths of man and woman together, not 2 equals. When everyone is equal there is no need for each other. >>

that is what you wrote...so be careful how you formulate your thoughts...

we do need equality, that is indeed something else as saying that were the same/ not different.

also, not only enjoy the strengths of both female and male, but also being caring of the weaknesses both genders have

I'd say we all have equal value, (and this includes for me, stones, trees, insects, animals, indeed all life and non-life), but different qualities in our unique expressions of self.

• Like 2

I'd say we all have equal value, (and this includes for me, stones, trees, insects, animals, indeed all life and non-life), but different qualities in our unique expressions of self.

Agreed, but often an individual being puts their value as having more importance than others. This is just natural, not wrong. We're all free to do it, thats why i feel it's fine.

But the idea of a men's only club, or a women's only club, is akin to having a whole Dao Bums forum where only men are allowed, or only women. How stale it would get! Endless topics about semen retention and whose Dao is better, and whatever is being talked about these days in the Women's Sanctuary.

Why would anyone want that?

To increase the variability in life, increase the richness, escape the sameness. I don't think it should be encouraged but it shouldn't be disallowed.

But if you are going to generalize, generalize completely, past all the individual traits and categories that form the basis for your generalizing. Then, what's left?

Nearly all concepts that society has of gender, have been fashioned. I'm arguing that it is not the relationship between male and female that is perverted, it is the mind of today that has been taken for a ride.

I think infact when you generalize often (which i tend to do just to try to understand more) the exceptions to the generalization stand out like a sore thumb and naturally attract my attention. Therefore the individual differences beyond the generalization actually become an object of my attention and are therefore the shortcommings usually sited for those who generalize are not really applicable at all.

I would argue it is not just the mind of today that has been taken for a ride, the same thing has been occuring through minds through out time. Therefore can we say it is normal, and natural? Right or wrong aside, perhaps we live in a work dominant time. Were women population numbers to dramatically decrease the percieved power of men and women may change. I must stress 'percieved'..... women are more powerful than some women may believe, and as many women are fully aware ;)

Were women population numbers to dramatically decrease the percieved power of men and women may change. I must stress 'percieved'..... women are more powerful than some women may believe, and as many women are fully aware ;)

sigh.....

very deep sigh.....

Edited by blue eyed snake

Was reading this in CantongQi, tl Pregadio:

"If Man goes past the measure"

Metal transforms into Water,

water by nature flows everywhere;

when Fire transforms into Soil,

water can proceed no further.

Man is movement and gives without,

woman is quiescence and stores within.

If man goes past the measure and exceeds his proper share,

he is seized by the woman;

thus the po latches the hun,

lest it be wasteful and lavish.

Neither cold nor hot,

they advance and recede in accordance with the time:

each of them attains its own harmony,

exhaling their tokens together.

I feel like there is a subtle structure of balance in place. If we seek to forge our own balance and don't get it right, we'll get some help. So even as we cultivate energy, we too must cultivate the container which holds it - if our container has leaks, our energy will naturally be drawn into natural containers whose operation is to seek out and absorb it.

Guys... did you read the OP? He's not talking about the act of sex, he's talking about sexual relationships between men and women -- the relationship which may or may not lead to the act of sex...

We must have read different opening posts. The one I read was about how he used to love casual sex but now he finds it unrewarding and seeks "something more." He still craves it, mind you, but now he is disgusted by it, is disgusted with himself for still doing it, and is disgusted by the women who are willing to do it with him.

<shrug>