Lataif

why I think Taoism is a limited understanding of Life . . .

Music is a representation of the first center. The first and the 7th centers are the most powerful. Feeling and thought. Music directly relates to feeling. Thought is equally as powerful as feeling. So an art form that relates to thought is equally as powerful as music. 

Yin and Yang are too general to explain the variety of musical experience. The Five Elements are no better.

Taoism simply doesn't understand Music in the way that people actually experience it. 

Humans have the capacity to experience different Music in different ways. And that capacity is important to us because it reflects various specific ways that we manifest the possibilities of the Absolute as individuals.

Taoism is tone deaf to this . . .

Again you gotta study music more.

I actually had a great music conversation today with this random truck driver - we were both waiting at a receiving desk at a loading warehouse.

It was weird - somehow we got to talking about funk music.

Not sure how that happened.

But then he suddenly started talking about the feeling of music and how it has to be for fun.

I was saying how I had just goofed around - when he asked if I had played  music.

Anyway suddenly my heart energy opened up - which is really rare especially with a dude.

I said - wow it's rare to find someone who understands this about music.

Because he was like - yeah when it gets serious then it's all over.

But anyway as far as the tuning -

all human cultures use the 1-4-5 tuning which is the basis also for the secret of Taoism.

So you say - what's the difference between SEx Pistols and Sinatra.

I've played both those kind of music so I know from visceral experience.

But here's the deal - the 1-4-5 music intervals are the natural harmonics which truly are infinite.

It's basic number theory. 3 does not go into 2 - and so arithmetically it is an infinite series.

It's called the Cantor number set in number theory.

But the thing is that the West defines sound by geometry - and so ONLY modern western music theory relies on logarithmic tuning.

So as Pythagoras taught - all is number and harmony.

that is true based on the 1-4-5 tuning.

So the 1-4-5 tuning includes every type of tuning possible - Sex Pistols with all their distortion and Sinatra.

Now - this is not some fancy computer tuning.

In fact - natural human hearing is more precise than quantum technology!

http://phys.org/news/2013-02-human-fourier-uncertainty-principle.html

O.K> so all this digital c.d. stuff has got nothing on human hearing.

Of course professional musicians score better since their ear is better trained.

And so this is my point.

If you really listen to music - then the music listens to you!

You go into a trance - this is documented as the Mozart Effect which is 60 beats per minute.

But there's a deeper trance of 7 beats per second which is theta brain dominant for REM dreaming vision state.

Anyway so even Western music still tries to approximate the natural harmonics and so that is why when "happy" and "sad" and "scary" Western program music are played to Non-Western tribes in Africa who have never heard WEstern music - they accurately name which music is "happy" and "scary" and "sad" music.

So for example tritones are gonna be "scary" music while "minor" is gonna be "sad" music and "major" is gonna be happy music.

But the blues tuning - is actually happy/sad - and why? Because actually the "bent" minor third is the natural overtone harmonic of 5:4 - but Western tuning doesn't include that natural overtone harmonic.

The same is true for the minor 7th - prominent in blues music.

So the blues harmonics are actually because the African-Americans were intuitively relying on the natural harmonics for the tuning.

So when we get into real trance music - the secret is the 7 beats per second is the ELF waves and this resonates the collagen/bones of the body which are piezoelectric to increase the qi energy of the body.

For example when people get the chills from music - that is proven to be a spike in dopamine bliss which activates the vagus nerve that goes to the lower body and controls the heart.

So when music resonates the heart - the 60 beats per minute resonates the heart and the vagus nerve resonates the heart also.

I think what happens with the chills - called frisson - is that the overtones have harmonic beats that probably hit 7 beats per second.

I'll look into that more - there's been a lot of research of what causes frisson.

Usually it's an enharmonic key change but sometimes it's just a change of register - like suddenly having 2 octaves higher or it could be a dramatic volume change.

But anyway with real trance music the secret is that sound turns into light energy.

Westerners are very limited about sound but with tuning based on natural numbers - the 1-4-5 tuning - since the frequencies are infinite then the energy resonates through harmonics and subharmonics as nonlinear feedback - into light energy and even spacetime resonance.

This is called the Law of Phase Harmony by quantum physicist de Broglie.

• Like 1

I will come back to this when my computer is finished doing a project I am working on.

Anyhow, I did, a while back, try to upload a music file but had no success.

I had to wait before check out one of the sources of Traditional Chinese music but this new computer with Windows 8 will not play the music.  You can check the link out to see if it will play on yours.

http://www.ibiblio.org/chinese-music/html/traditional.html

I had some other sources as well but they seem to have disappeared.  And there is that stream on Youtube, just search for Traditional Chinese Music and you should see the link.

Good luck.

• Like 1

My naturopath used to organize his music collection in seven piles according to which chakra the music activated.  Perhaps you should take up yoga?

My naturopath used to organize his music collection in seven piles according to which chakra the music activated.  Perhaps you should take up yoga?

No, I shouldn't take up yoga.

However,  I do have my music categorized according to what style of music I want to listen to based on the mood I am in.  After this last reorganizing I have 23 different categories.  And yes, they are all distinctively different styles of music.  During the reorganization I also equalized the volume of all individual songs and broke the files down to approximately 30 minutes each (to prevent burn-out by listening to any one artist for too long a period of time).

yesterday I was researching pentatonic music as music therapy.

The oldest music is Bushmen music - it is before from human language was invented.

The music uses the 1-4-5 music intervals - it is trance healing music. The words are gibberish.

That music spread around the world.

The oldest human language is also the most musical with the most tones and sounds and so the closest to transmitting the jing energy called N/om as the females would sing all night while the males trance dance.

So then pentatonic music is also based on the 1-4-5 natural harmonics - that is also how the 12 notes of the Western scale were originally built.

The problem is - according to Western materialists is that the actual empirically true natural resonance of the 1-4-5 intervals are an infinite spiral.

But Westerners are materialists and so they want to "contain" infinity into a closed scale so that harmonic chords can be used - to make music that is geometrically symmetric.

Thus the secret of trance healing music was lost.

But Turkey has the oldest Pentatonic tradition going back to trance dance cave painting from 12,000 years ago and they trace this to when the Turks also strongly influenced the Chinese to use the pentatonic scale.

But in reality this tradition goes back to the original Bushmen Africans traveling around the world - so the Dravidians in India and the Melanesians and the original Chinese were Africans of course and before the SUmerians it was African - th e original Europeans were Africans, etc.

• Like 1

yesterday I was researching pentatonic music as music therapy.

The oldest music is Bushmen music - it is before from human language was invented.

The music uses the 1-4-5 music intervals - it is trance healing music. The words are gibberish.

That music spread around the world.

The oldest human language is also the most musical with the most tones and sounds and so the closest to transmitting the jing energy called N/om as the females would sing all night while the males trance dance.

So then pentatonic music is also based on the 1-4-5 natural harmonics - that is also how the 12 notes of the Western scale were originally built.

The problem is - according to Western materialists is that the actual empirically true natural resonance of the 1-4-5 intervals are an infinite spiral.

But Westerners are materialists and so they want to "contain" infinity into a closed scale so that harmonic chords can be used - to make music that is geometrically symmetric.

Thus the secret of trance healing music was lost.

But Turkey has the oldest Pentatonic tradition going back to trance dance cave painting from 12,000 years ago and they trace this to when the Turks also strongly influenced the Chinese to use the pentatonic scale.

But in reality this tradition goes back to the original Bushmen Africans traveling around the world - so the Dravidians in India and the Melanesians and the original Chinese were Africans of course and before the SUmerians it was African - th e original Europeans were Africans, etc.

I would look a little closer to home for pentatonic music.

Many of the traditional songs and rhymes for little children are pentatonic and children often  hum or sing these old melodies while playing. Of course they need to be given these melodies, when they are given only modern shit ( excusez le mot) they won't learn to enjoy the pentatonic. But still a lot of people sing these old rhymes for their kids.

• Like 1

it has been proven that babies naturally sing and like the perfect 5th and perfect 4th music intervals.

Yes the mind control against babies is started at an early age.

Modern humans are based on a "contained" materialistic infinity so that babies are exploding in population - exponentially.

This exponential growth of babies is based on changing the harmonics of music from an infinite arithmetic resonance like ecology - into a closed logarithmic "irrational magnitude" geometry - called the Greek Miracle.

So we are immersed, submerged in mind control by Western logarithmic-based music without even knowing it.

Meanwhile as the world is Westernized - via this mind control music and its logarithmic-based technology - the explosion of babies continues - with their subsequent use of exponential growth in energy use, etc.

You listen to birds - and the natural overtones go into dissonance in the upper harmonics - birds do multiphonics and so sing in chords, etc. but it is their natural higher harmonics that actually cause plants to grow - a company sonic bloom uses this fact - the resonance into ultrasound opens up the plant cell stomata to take in the morning dew nutrients directly through the leaves.

So there is an ecological harmony - it's called acoustic ecology

It's been documented in Nature that every animal occupies a sound niche in time and frequency - and so their mating calls, etc. create an orchestra equally balanced with all the other animals.

But it's also documented there is not a place on earth that remains undisturbed by modern human noise pollution reeking havoc on the natural acoustic ecology.

Not to change the topic - I'm just saying all these babies do naturally like Perfect Fifth and Fourth harmonics.

there's just way too many babies.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/weaselbear/2014/10/11/bradford-hillary-keeney-tracking-the-mystery

the hunter had a song that created a energy rope to the Eland that he hunted - he sang the song the whole way.

He is a song-catcher - the song catches him and enables him to feed his people.

His song sound jing energy created qi that attached him to the animal - attracted the animal to him and vice versa.

that's the secret of sound turning into light spirit vision information.