Songtsan

What are the important questions we can ask ourself?

I'm good with what I know. I can live with what I know.

If I wanna do something, I just do it. Like I made this reply, I'm pretty good at it. 

Life's easy.

• Like 2

I know what my epitaph will read. 

Here lies Stosh, we had no idea what the heck he was talking about.

Dona eis requiem.   :) 

Nah, it'll say

Here lies Stosh,

he was a bum,

and one of the wisest   -_-

or maybe we'll just graffiti it on the back.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2

Back on OP.  I don't think you should live each day as if it was your last.  First, generally it isn't.  Second might not be a good strategy if you survive the day.  More importantly there are seasons to life.  Some periods we're busy beavers others we have wings.  Maybe part of Taoism is matching ourselves to the seasons we're in.

Still, knowing that our days are numbered is not a bad coin to keep in our pocket and flip over every now and then.

• Like 2

My epitaph would paraphrase Winston Churchill:

"I've taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me".

• Like 1

My epiphany would be

'I spent all my money

on wine, loose woman and song.

Then like a fool,

I squandered the rest.

• Like 1

My epitaph would be

'I spent all my money

on wine, loose woman and song.

Then like a fool,

I squandered the rest.

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 1

"Is this in my interest [to do/to say/to commit to]?"

"Should fucks be given here?"

"Am I currently committed to my goals or straying into unconscious biological agendas for which there are no practical [actionable] solutions (aka, am I wasting my time)?"

Edited by Yasjua
  • Like 1

I guess I like to ask myself what I might be missing or not seeing in any given situation. What angles I have failed to view or perspectives I have ignored.

I like to ask what assumptions I am functioning from.

I especially like to consider what or who is influencing me, how and why, and its usefulness or not. 
Also I regularly like to ask myself how I am influencing my world and the people in it, how and why, and do I need to step up my influence or calm something down.

Sometimes I ask who really needs my help or who needs their asses kicked or worse today, and how can I achieve this?

• Like 1

I like to ask my self how I am doing. Fine, how are you doing? is also a good follow up question. I'm fine thanks for asking. Long time no see. What you up to lately? Not much, same old same old. Another good question is: "You think these people around us mind that we're talking to eachother?"  You can also respond by "No, just make sure that you use a diffrent voice then mine, it will make more sense to them that way." Let's go back into our head and talk to eachother there, I don't like to talk out loud. What head? Your head, or my head? (wow these questions are really good) I don't know, I was gonna say my head, but if you get in my head, you will leave your own head and then we cant talk anymore. Unless you stay in your head and then go into my head whilst remaining in your head. How are we going to do that? How about we both stay in our own head and throw thoughts at eachother? The final question is "What if we're both in the same head?"   *dramatic music*

*Psychotic meltdown*

"I thought this was a good idea! ....I thought it would be a good idea to ask myself a question! Oh the blinding light of the truth, it burns my skin. Oh, the pain and the agony! Let it stop! How can it be, that thee, be in my head! Get out, get out!"

"Relax, we're the same person dude."

"How can that be, if thee are talking to mee!"

"No you're asking yourself something you already know."

Oh, ok.

That makes sense   :ph34r:

Edited by Everything
  • Like 1

I like to ask my self how I am doing. Fine, how are you doing? is also a good follow up question. I'm fine thanks for asking. Long time no see. What you up to lately? Not much, same old same old. Another good question is: "You think these people around us mind that we're talking to eachother?" ............etc

hehe! thats funny