Trunk

LDT method: hui yin <-> navel

19 hours ago, Limahong said:

What does it mean when the first and sixth chakras are felt to have resonated in tandem... especially when it merely happened?

tuning%20forks%20resoning.gif

This has happened to me a few times too. When I fix my attention on the root chakra, the third eye begins vibrating. As the third eye is related to visualization, it could be about that. I do not use visualization techniques in my meditations, at least not consciously. Perhaps sometimes I am unintentionally visualizing the root chakra and it activates the third eye. Just a theory.

18 minutes ago, MuadDib said:

Just a theory.

No words ~ but just feel an experience.

Yours, mine...

On 7/23/2020 at 3:06 AM, MuadDib said:

Very deep... (IV)

Hi MuadDib,

9fc3368756b06ce3cc27ce2ea687a481.png

So let us try to be holistic and...    th?id=OIP.zKBhX_EuWUtlVyeZJJMJhAHaHa&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300      Yes/no?

- Anand

On 7/23/2020 at 3:06 AM, MuadDib said:

Very deep... (V)

NO

Lie on your back... relax... put one palm on your tummy... let your mind go blank... and just...

FEEL

On 8/2/2020 at 7:36 AM, Limahong said:

FEEL

Hi All,

I can FEEL better when I believe that my perception of Yin and Yang is balanced.

But the question ~ is such a balance... 2 in ONE... or ONE in 2... perceptually?

vizual-edge-depth-perception-animated.gif

th?id=OIP.WEMRTuALmlf1zzf8XKC34gHaE_&pid=Api&P=0&w=252&h=171

- Anand

Edited by Limahong
Enhancement

On 3/10/2015 at 9:49 PM, Trunk said:

I'd like to extract & discuss this one part of method: developing the lower dan tien by repeatedly connecting hui yin up to the navel level (towards the center is how I interpret it), back and forth, fostering that connection, interaction. 

Hi Trunk,

Does the focus ~ "this one part of method: developing the lower dan tien by repeatedly connecting hui yin up to the navel" ~ pertains more to this segment...

... of this trilogy...?

th?id=OIP.eWWJ7zJITvGil7Tn_UFcTAAAAA&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300  th?id=OIP.yODwh-T5J5QzZ-8cmEQQAQAAAA&pid=Api&P=0&w=202&h=168th?id=OIP.9i-2ZINKUTVyZDajRz1d_QHaHa&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

- Anand

Edited by Limahong
Enhancement
  • Like 1

On 3/11/2015 at 4:45 AM, Trunk said:

Generally, what gets expressed in outward demonstrations is a product, and a small fraction, of internal cultivation.

Hi Trunk,

Outward demonstration ~ a product?

th?id=OIP.mKWj4II_VGLRnym8_LMyHQAAAA&pid=Api&P=0&w=165&h=162

Internal cultivation...?

142017-Earth-Talks.gif

- Anand

Hey can someone do me a huge favor and post how to do the original technique with the breath entering the qi hai, to the hui yin.

And If I'm not mistaken but when the breath goes to the hui yin and you do the pelvic floor squeeze are you supposed to feel the squeeze push energy into the dantien or do we focus on the dantien at all kind of confused since the forum is not available anymore. @Trunk

Edited by Goku76
  • Like 1

@Goku76

Apparently this HuiYin <~> navel meditation (and, for me, it's focus is entirely "yi" focus-of-attention based, not deliberate muscular this-n'-that) ... but apparently it is included as part of Damo Mitchell's extensive (and more authoratative than I) presentation of the microcosmic orbit.

https://damomitchell.com/2020/03/23/microcosmic-orbit/

I might write some few notes re: my thoughts of it later, but might not.  I'm pretty busy otherwise these days.  Limited time/energy for here... and like I said, the above.

... here I go anyway ...

I just focus on a 'pearl' of attention and move it, slowly, from huiyin up the center to the level of the navel, then back down again, repeatedly.  The way I've done it, everything else (energetic, musculature etc) takes care of itself and is triggered by the simple what I just described.

@Trunk @Goku76

To clarify even further, if it is the one from Damo Mitchell's MCO, it should be the one he calls "Harvesting the Yang". Even though I have said this, I would still personally suggest going through the entire series if you have not got a handle on the basics, or even if you do have a handle, as it goes into theory a bit more than most public material does.

• Thanks 1

Speaking of Damo Mitchell his video on filling the bucket, how exactly do you know when your bucket is made and have you guys tried sinking your mind into the dantien yet? 

I have to say when I first dropped my mind which was about yesterday after doing some qigong and Zhan Zhuang in the past the imense heat i got from it was crazy it made me perspire in about 1 minute! then electrical shocks everywhere to my hands and spine. 

I watched this video on Youtube explaning how to properly develop a good foundation and he speaks about the method lonemanpai taught him. Any thoughts? @Paradoxal @Trunk  

Edited by Goku76

@Goku76

I didn't watch the video that you posted, but only saw the title.  The pop-Tao knowledge that has been widely popularized in the west since the '80's is *loaded* with dangerous half truths.  Authentic Taoism is quite different.  I suggest that you read everything in the below link and, again, go study Damo's material thoroughly.

I won't be responding to further inquiries along this line.  No offense meant (and not meaning to shut down your expressiveness in general - I used to post here a lot and it can be a healthy outlet when you're in that phase, others might want to continue discussing); right now my focus is simply elsewhere and I've already provided plenty of quality material for you to study up on... which, if you read, will save you countless years of running around doing practices that either do nothing or, if done avidly, are injurious (typically gradually over years, then the resulting damage very stubborn to resolve both intellectually and physically).

That's my 2 cents.

cheers,
Trunk

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Goku76 said:

Speaking of Damo Mitchell his video on filling the bucket, how exactly do you know when your bucket is made and have you guys tried sinking your mind into the dantien yet? 

I have to say when I first dropped my mind which was about yesterday after doing some qigong and Zhan Zhuang in the past the imense heat i got from it was crazy it made me perspire in about 1 minute! then electrical shocks everywhere to my hands and spine. 

I watched this video on Youtube explaning how to properly develop a good foundation and he speaks about the method lonemanpai taught him. Any thoughts? @Paradoxal 

I don't exactly know if I'd have what other practitioners call a "fully developed" dantian, but I do have my LDT developed to the point of being able to store energy there. It feels almost like a lead ball, about 2 inches diameter when I focus attention on it. If I lightly listen, it will feel like sunlight, taking up around three quarters of my abdomen. The biggest thing I would personally emphasize about these sensations is that they are never painful for me. When I run my qi, it will get "hot", but it won't be "burning" me. It feels much like sunshine feels, when one is sunbathing; a fuzzy kind of heat. The system I follow is different from Damo's, and I generally use his as either supplement or reference material. That said, I used Damo's method to get the MCO running quite nicely, and still practice it for expansion of my MCO, as I know it is not fully open yet. 

You can find more info on the dantians in a topic that I started awhile back; I found the responses and conversations quite helpful: 

Be extremely careful on mixing practices. This goes for basically all internal arts. 

On the video, I have not watched it, but I agree with everything Trunks said. Be *especially* wary of any sexual-based arts that you find on the internet. While I will acknowledge that valid sexual practices exist, they are hard to find and even harder to verify for someone that knows little, myself included. Sexual practices can mess you up in several major ways. You can find a number of threads on this forum regarding those kinds of practices, including semen retention. Quite a few of these threads started as "help, I messed myself up" threads. 

I would like to reiterate that I personally view most people on this forum as more knowledgeable about these things than I am, as I have only started martial arts a bit less than five years ago. In addition, I was only introduced to the internal arts last summer, a bit over a year ago. Take my words with a grain of salt, and feel free to question basically anything I say. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Paradoxal said:

When I run my qi, it will get "hot", but it won't be "burning" me. It feels much like sunshine feels, when one is sunbathing; a fuzzy kind of heat.

Yeah it's so weird today I had done some meditation with just sinking the mind and it creates a warmth that's unusually comfortable where it passes, like it pacifies me or something.