manitou

Can we not love our brother as ourselves?

Just can't argue with clueless.

I've noticed that too: -

<snip>

Can we debate enlightenment with the unenlightened? No. Such discussions would be futile. Chan Master Lin Ji used to say, "Fence with fencing masters. Discuss poetry with poets."

<snip>

• Like 1

Whom she now Freudian-projects onto "brothers" and other rebellious non-White "minorities?"

I'm slow ... I'm slow. ... Don't race me, bro!

• Like 1

Harmonious Emptiness, on 27 Dec 2012 - 05:06, said:

<snip>

Can we debate enlightenment with the unenlightened? No. Such discussions would be futile. Chan Master Lin Ji used to say, "Fence with fencing masters. Discuss poetry with poets."

<snip>

If two "enlightened" ones still discuss enlightenment, they're not enlightened. ;)

And "fence with fencing masters" sounds like the exact antithesis, exactly what I'm saying.

Problem is that as soon as the skill in question is intellectual in nature, people's egoes act up. 'Everybody' wants to be a master in that area.

Edited by Owledge

Long-Lost Relative

Often this is hinted before it happens - thanks to Super Powerful Genetics members of the same family usually share a number of trademark traits and habits that you can easily spot them by. Once reunited, the reunited relatives may form a Brother-Sister Team or join up with the rest of their Badass Family, since blood is Thicker Than Water. See Family Twists Index for more subtropes.

It's now easier than ever to map your DNA through online services. The goal is usually to discover more about your body through science, but the technology sometimes yields unexpected results, as Neil Schwartzman discovered.

Schwartzman was just 10 days old when he was given up for adoption in 1960. He looked for his biological mother his entire life. He grew up in Montreal, with loving adoptive parents, but had questions about who he was. Schwartzman describes the feeling as akin to "having a picture puzzle and two pieces missing."

One day she received a notice asking if she wanted to find her closest relative. Pearl said, "Suddenly I press a button and here's my brother." It was a brother she had never known: Neil Schwartzman.

When Schwartzman heard the news that they were potential siblings, he said, "it rocked my world."

Over the next weeks, Pearl and Schwartzman unraveled the story. Pearl said, "My mother had a baby and then she kept this secret, which was terrible, just a terrible secret because it tore her up."

Their mother was pregnant with Schwartzman when their parents separated. She felt she couldn't afford a second child , so she kept Pearl and gave up Schwartzman for adoption.

When the two met face-to-face, they both recognized their similarities, such as their height.

Schwartzman said Pearl had more questions for him when they met. "This was the end of a journey for me," he said. "For Jolie, it was the beginning."

Just can't argue with clueless.

And how hypocritical are we, anyway? We love Free Speech when it is us speaking out or mocking others (under the guise of satire or comedy, of course)

I've noticed that too: -

<snip>

<snip>

Everybody thinks 'theirs is the right way, that they have the answer?' And in a sense, we ALL have the answer. It's right within us, whether atheist, Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, Taoist.

h8kYUUz.png

Edited by gendao

As ordinary humans, even if "we are there" we can never "know" all the truth about any situation, only what we get from
various sources- and even then this data is swayed by the source. One of my favorite examples of this is the Japanese
movie "Rashomon" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rashomon

There are those who thoughtfully choose to abstain from news. Therre are several monastraries near here that do so, and it works well for them. However, it has been said " It is easy to be holy on top of a mountain" .

If one chooses to stay aware of world events and wishes to try to "get the big picture" I find it is useful to consider multiple sources, especially if one can be aware of that sources "leanings".

With that in mind, I offer for your consideration , from "the christian science monitor"

http://news.yahoo.com/real-battlefield-against-jihadist-armies-174229346--politics.html
snip------------------------------------------------------------------
The world now has two battlefields where jihadists have rapidly gained control over whole populations. One is Nigeria where Boko Haram rules in many northern areas. The other is Iraq where Islamic State reigns in several cities. Yet neither band of terrorists has so far faced much on-the-ground pushback by either nation’s military.
Related Stories

U.S. says Nigeria vote a factor in Boko Haram attacks Reuters
Boko Haram Rampages, Slaughters in Northeast Nigeria The Wall Street Journal
Nigerians made homeless by Boko Haram seen losing vote too Reuters
Islamic State Reshaped Political Landscape of Middle East in 2014 The Wall Street Journal
Nigerian governors facing Boko Haram request more troops before election Reuters

The reason? Because the real battlefield is not on the ground. It lies in the ability of each country’s people and elected leaders to rise above traditional differences – religious, ethnic, or tribal. They must assert a civic identity around democratic values. Only then can such unity of purpose help their armies make the sacrifices necessary to win on the physical battlefield, especially in gaining support of civilians in the embattled areas.
endsnip------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Security-Watch/Backchannels/2015/0115/Charlie-Hebdo-Can-moderate-Muslims-sway-an-extremist-few
snip-----------------------------------------------------------------
Can 'moderate' Muslims sway an extremist few?
Last week's murderous rampage in Paris has reignited calls for the world's hundreds of millions of peaceable Muslims, sometimes called "moderates," to do something about the jihadi few in their midst.
A German jihadi cheerfully extolling the virtues of slavery and beheading is an example of how difficult that task would be.
endsnip------------------------------------------------------------------

Please bear in mind, from my POV, it is the mindset and thought process that is relevant, specific nationalities are not.

yhs

shunka

Could we possibly try sharing?

You share your money with me and I will share my problems with you.

Unfortunately, snake is a very tasty snack.

I'm sure that my friend manitou would come to some agreement about her half though - if you ask nicely.

Unfortunately, snake is a very tasty snack.

Yes, lots of protein.

I'm sure that my friend manitou would come to some agreement about her half though - if you ask nicely.

I am stuck in the life I live, happy, and pretty much set until I die. But thanks for the suggestion.

Yes, lots of protein.

Not these little ones - but happily they're in plentiful supply, easy to catch and the obliging ones skin themselves.

• Like 1