Bum Grasshopper

Got this e mail today

Subject: sure makes you stop to think

There was a blind girl who hated herself because she was blind.

She hated everyone, except her loving boyfriend. He was always there for her.

She told her boyfriend, " I f I could only see the world, I will marry you."

One day, someone donated a pair of eyes to her. When the bandages came off, she was able to see everything, including her boyfriend.

He asked her,'Now that you can see the world, will you marry me?'

The girl looked at her boyfriend and saw that he was blind. The sight of his closed eyelids shocked her. She hadn't expected that. The thought of looking at them the rest of her life led her to refuse to marry him.

Her boyfriend left her in tears and days later wrote a note to her saying: 'Take good care of your eyes, my dear, for before they were yours, they were mine.'

This is how the human brain often works when our status changes.

Only a very few remember what life was like before, and who was always by their side in the most painful situations.

Life Is a Gift

Today before you say an unkind word -

Think of someone who can't speak.

Before you complain about the taste of your food - Think of someone who has nothing to eat.

Before you complain about your husband or wife - Think of someone who's crying out to GOD for a companion.

Today before you complain about life -

Think of someone who went too early to heaven.

Before you complain about your children -

Think of someone who desires children but they're barren.

Before you argue about your dirty house someone didn't clean or sweep -

Think of the people who are living in the streets.

Before whining about the distance you drive

Think of someone who walks the same distance with their feet.

And when you are tired and complain about your job -

Think of the unemployed, the disabled, and those who wish they had your job.

But before you think of pointing the finger or condemning another -

Remember that not one of us is without sin and we all answer to one MAKER.

And when depressing thoughts seem to get you down -

Put a smile on your face and thank GOD you're alive and still around.

Hmmn, What I learned from the story was the story was 'never donate both eyes, one should be good enough' : B)

Michael

Hmmn, What I learned from the story was the story was 'never donate both eyes, one should be good enough' : B)

That's very deep Michael. :lol:

Edited by VeeCee

Michael

HAHAHA that's funny!

Teach meditation. Then one wouldn't need physical eyes ;)

Saves money... and ...eyes hehe

Peaec,

Lin

HAHAHA that's funny!

Teach meditation. Then one wouldn't need physical eyes ;)

Yeah, the world is full of meditation masters who don't need their physical eyes. Although for some strange reason, most of them seem to need physical glasses. Even the Dalai Lama.

Yeah, the world is full of meditation masters who don't need their physical eyes. Although for some strange reason, most of them seem to need physical glasses. Even the Dalai Lama.

Karma is karma... they are still human! hahaha

But I like your point as well.

Its not too easy to fix the eyes... unless on ehas formulas from great masters, and or loads of time to utilize Shengong for it... Qigong even.

Eh.... haha its just funny..who knows, some of the masters out there today may be wearing contact lenses :D

Peace,

Lin

Karma is karma... they are still human! hahaha

But I like your point as well.

Its not too easy to fix the eyes... unless on ehas formulas from great masters, and or loads of time to utilize Shengong for it... Qigong even.

Eh.... haha its just funny..who knows, some of the masters out there today may be wearing contact lenses :D

Peace,

Lin

I read an interview in "Road to Heaven: Encounters with Chinese Hermits". The author met a taoist monk called Master Yang who was blind. He asked him what happened to his eyes:

He answered "Taoist practices can be dangerous. I did something wrong and they went out like a couple of candles."

I read an interview in "Road to Heaven: Encounters with Chinese Hermits". The author met a taoist monk called Master Yang who was blind. He asked him what happened to his eyes:

He answered "Taoist practices can be dangerous. I did something wrong and they went out like a couple of candles."

Even the greatest of masters can be fools sometimes.. :)

It is true with Daoist practices being dangerous. Certain ones atleast.

Even the greatest of masters can be fools sometimes.. :)

It is true with Daoist practices being dangerous. Certain ones atleast.

Oooh, so very true.

What's shengong?

Yes that is Aiwei, and I dare say if you watch "closely" there is a transmission through his form through his video. :)

Is transmission something than can be explained, or only experienced? I have no idea what a transmission is (or I have never noticed receiving one at least)

I don't think I'm ready to understand this stuff. What I see is a water like flowing out of the movements from the center and a sense of unified intent (i.e. mind focused but not restrictive the movements are natural) Reminds me of my Sifu actually DOING a forms as opposed to teaching a form to us.

Must make sure never to put up a video of myself, at least for another 10 years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2D4gqtzaoc

Aiwei this style is exquisite. Is that you performing it?

Yes

Oooh, so very true.

What's shengong?

Shen Gong is after one has cultivated the body, mind to a healthy and well powered level,

one can begin utilizing their intuitive manner to go further. Shen Gong is utilizing what is

known as "spiritual" in the manner of intuitive cultivation. I call it Spritual Intuitive Cultivation.. haha

Basically, Shen Gong takes one higher than most cultivation...and most Qigong and Neigong came frfom Shen Gong practice...same with Taiji Quan.. hehehe...

One begins to learn from celestial masters, stars systems...that sort of thing.

I just opened the video to the public a few months ago I believe, just to see a small reaction. I will take it off public eye soon...when I leave China, I'll open it up again.. hahaha

The form I did in the video was a spontaneous form. Never learned before that moment, and onl at that moment were the moves coming...one after eachother.

THere is a theme to the cultivation of this particular manner. THe obvious theme is the title.. Awakening. There is no form for it that is learnt, yet it is only through movement that it manifests...for this one. THere is standing and sitting, walking cultivation for it all. FUN.

Peace,

Lin

Edited by 林愛偉