hagar

Origin and return

You did very well.

Quoting from your first linked article:

Yep. I didn't like the article but had to include it so that I wasn't presenting only my side of the equation.

I very much agree with your basic assumption, even though we should talk about the details further. Not that Lao Tzu would have had knowledge of modern cosmology, of course. But texts like the TTC are about universal principles which are manifesting themselves on so many levels, in so many different ways.

How about this?

Funny thing about wisdom is that one doesn't necessarily need higher education and vast stores of knowledge. Some things just seem intuitively correct after considering all influences.

Single particles fusing into deuterium nuclei. (Now we have two kinds of matter, hydrogen and deuterium)

I had to do my research before responding to this. (Oftentimes my ignorance is truly amazing!)

So Deuterium is "heavy hydrogen". Same element as hydrogen and this is why it is not in the periodic table - just a different construct.

Deuterium nuclei fusing into helium. (Now we have three kinds of matter.)

I'm with you and actually feel so much better about deuterium and will have to go back and read that first article again without my faulty biases.

Out of the three kinds of matter, the Universe was made.

Yes!

lots of ex hippies on this forum lol.

Hehehe. I wanted to be a hippie but I was in the Army at the time and had to behave myself (within [self-made] limits).

• Like 1

"I hope you were buckled up at least, while you were posting, eating a hot dog, smoking, and sipping a beer all at once"...."and shootin' dice'" along with driving an old three speed on the column with your right arm around your girlfriend and your left arm and hand reaching through the steering wheel spokes for shifting while making a left or right turn at the same time - (btw, for most of the younger guys and a few of us older add using a smart phone to that whole scenario - which takes having all your marbles working together to pull it off)

And I think Brian drives one of those old bench-seat cars. I would think casting yarrows would be simpler than shootin dice. Also - Brian - did you ever get that bumper tied back up to the frame? I've been a little concerned, what with the sparks on the highway being so close to your gas tank and all.

• Like 2

Also - Brian - did you ever get that bumper tied back up to the frame? I've been a little concerned, what with the sparks on the highway being so close to your gas tank and all.

Maybe he is seeking his return.

• Like 3

And I think Brian drives one of those old bench-seat cars. I would think casting yarrows would be simpler than shootin dice. Also - Brian - did you ever get that bumper tied back up to the frame? I've been a little concerned, what with the sparks on the highway being so close to your gas tank and all.

Dang spy cameras...

A '62 Plymouth sedan with some old chaw stains down the driver's side. Sits a little low on its springs...

• Like 2

Yes, I still have an attachment to chaw as well...

Those '62 cars were murder. I once got hit by a '62 Studebaker while I was walking across a parking lot. Luckily it hit my backside. No surgery was required, just a steady and slow extraction.

• Like 1

Origin bump:

First, I have been too busy to read up on this surprisingly long thread. (probably a record for me). Have to read up soon...

Second; I recallibrated my objective with my initial question. I´m curious what you guys relate to the question of returning to the source as in what must be left behind? If Neidan´s primary objective is return, what separates the body/energy path from others? Immortality is a metaphor, but not only that. Inducing the alchemical process is also taking something with you while also transcending.

In my experience; the "return" is also about something dying. Not necessarily the body, but what is this "something"?

In my experience; the "return" is also about something dying. Not necessarily the body, but what is this "something"?

thats a good question , also a very easy one. That something would be your human heart.

• Like 1

Origin bump:

First, I have been too busy to read up on this surprisingly long thread. (probably a record for me). Have to read up soon...

Second; I recallibrated my objective with my initial question. I´m curious what you guys relate to the question of returning to the source as in what must be left behind? If Neidan´s primary objective is return, what separates the body/energy path from others? Immortality is a metaphor, but not only that. Inducing the alchemical process is also taking something with you while also transcending.

Don't mean to sound Buddhist, but it's attachment.

thats a good question , also a very easy one. That something would be your human heart.

Why is it easy?

The post-natal personality.

This is approaching what I am talking about. In a sense, I am hinting to the Daoist alchemical metaphors of the natal and prenatal energy. It feels like a metaphor, because it is both an existential and an energetic issue. An energy must die.

But by dissolving the false yang and purging yin, you are supposedly on your way to "immorality".

By return, the body also is discarded, but voluntarily. The difference is beyond this, I think.

h

• Like 2

Why is it easy?

it is a questions that is easy to answer bcause the answer is provided in the texts. So we know exactly what needs to be done and how to do it, it is not easy to do thou.

Edited by Taoist Texts
  • Like 1

This is approaching what I am talking about. In a sense, I am hinting to the Daoist alchemical metaphors of the natal and prenatal energy. It feels like a metaphor, because it is both an existential and an energetic issue. An energy must die.

But by dissolving the false yang and purging yin, you are supposedly on your way to "immorality".

By return, the body also is discarded, but voluntarily. The difference is beyond this, I think.

h

I think the will for enlightenment, as the Avatamsaka Sutra refers to, must be the driving force, although at the beginning, my impelling force was the will for sobriety; it then turned into something else some years later. Seemingly on its own, but I had to become K-active first.

Marbles and Chi Dragon - the acquired personality (or post natal personality) is that which is acquired by conditioning of conditions after birth; they are reactive conditions, not the pure Dao within that we were born with. It is this that must be eliminated, the reactive part, which leaves us with the pure. It results in the living, every day realization, that there is no differentiation between the 10,000 things; that our bodies and the chair we're sitting on are all made out of the same matter, although with differently combined molecules. A pure joy is realized; it is as though an alchemical process has occurred within our minds, and we never see the world the same again.

Taoist Texts - could you recommend a Taoist Text at the same level of the Avatamsaka Sutra? I love to compare all types of philosophical texts and see the commonalities within. The answers can be found in the Bible as well, but unfortunately you have to remove all the lore.

Edited by manitou
  • Like 3

Marbles and Chi Dragon - the acquired personality (or post natal personality) is that which is acquired by conditioning of conditions after birth; they are reactive conditions, not the pure Dao within that we were born with. It is this that must be eliminated, the reactive part, which leaves us with the pure. It results in the living, every day realization, that there is no differentiation between the 10,000 things; that our bodies and the chair we're sitting on are all made out of the same matter, although with differently combined molecules. A pure joy is realized; it is as though an alchemical process has occurred within our minds, and we never see the world the same again.

But a man cannot live on bread alone. He must have peanut butter.

But a man cannot live on bread alone. He must have peanut butter.

LOL. Would you be willing to expand on that?