BaguaKicksAss

100 days of practice (martial arts/qigong) challenge; prizes involved :D

From Nov 30th through Dec 8th I practiced more than 90 hours (including over 20 hrs of qi projection). Messing around right now with only a couple of hrs a day - goofing off for holidays, but plan to step it back up.

Hope your shoulder gets to feeling better BK; know well how much these things can hurt.

• Like 1

Why put pressure on ourselves? Those who have to practice will. Those who don't, won't. The Dao will stay the Dao.

Tues featured morn SFQ and some MCO in the evening. Today morn practice finishing on SFQ10000 hands. Some free bagua stepping this after noon. Wet pavement makes for easy mud stepping!

8)

• Like 1

I walked 5 miles carrying a 20 lb box of assorted items, including but not limited to laundry detergent, non-stick skillet, and fleece blanket...

I'm totally calling it part of practice, cuz i tried to walk with roots and sink my weight as much as possible, between shifting the box between shoulders and chest.
PLUS it totally bolstered the fan zhang that followed that night (at 12:00 AM but at least i got it in!) and i felt like i HAD TO do more fan zhang in order to loosen up all the cramps i'd stacked up from that walk.

and about 10 min. of fan zhang this morning, with some square stepping, but it wasnt significant. 6 "laps" in less than a minute, give or take.

I think i will have to go back through this thread and clock up all my time for a fair statistical comparison.

... maybe later... :lol: */lazytaobum*

• Like 1

thursday: morning SFQ, really continuing to work on the pore breathing.

In the evening I worked on Tristar cloud hands. Like most taiji cloud hands, it features a side to side shift and rotation, but incorporating the mudra hand position creates the opportunity for a bagua style outward arching push with the bottom edgw of the palm.

fri: a rest! aside from some slide stepping, no formal practice tonight. it is now the holidays. Happy Solistice!

8)

Edited by Astral Monk
  • Like 1

well i am still at it, though my fanzhang sets have stagnated at 5 minutes each...
I did 3 sets last night, and one this morning... My aim right now is to prolong my sets so that i am doing more reps, or moving slowly enough to spend twice as much time per set.

But i am still at it! :D

Christmas marked one whole year of bagua for me! :D

Merry Bagua Christmas to All and to All a good Fight! :lol:

• Like 2

well i am still at it, though my fanzhang sets have stagnated at 5 minutes each...

I did 3 sets last night, and one this morning... My aim right now is to prolong my sets so that i am doing more reps, or moving slowly enough to spend twice as much time per set.

But i am still at it! :D

Christmas marked one whole year of bagua for me! :D

Merry Bagua Christmas to All and to All a good Fight! :lol:

You made it a year, congrats! :D

Cool you are still practicing through the holidays too.

Fan Zhang is awesome stuff.

• Like 1

You made it a year, congrats! :D

And phooey to anyone who didnt think i could! :lol:

Cool you are still practicing through the holidays too.

You say that like there's an excuse not to practice? :lol: (even though i afford myself too many as it is!) :lol:

Fan Zhang is awesome stuff.

That it is, but i need to get back into more circle walking!!! I know jsut the place too, now that no one will be there cuz it's so cold out! :lol:

A wonderful year it's been, too, in spite of all my hassles and issues... lol The Bagua makes a huge difference.

I have the full intent to do circle walking later tonight too. the school is a good spot for it, especially on the weekends, ESPECIALLY at night! :lol:

Have you noticed at all that Bagua circle walking has an entirely different feel at night than during the day? ;) Check it out...

ACTUALLY, i think every time i "discover something new" within the circles, it's when im training after sundown! :lol:

Also: progress! :D My fan Zhang has definitely improved!! Tien is getting pretty good, compared to what it was! :D

• Like 1

yesterday, practicing bagua stepping, kou bu/bai bu, with emphasis on the heel push; today SFQ 10000 hands under a near midday sun.

8)

Square Walking last night before bed for about 15 minutes. I've gotten pretty SUNK :D Kind of proud of myself hehe, but a long ways yet to go, of course :)

My Fan Zhang is getting better, and i'm getting the hang od Tien Fan Zhang. n_n

• Like 1

todays practice was some rousing circle walking in the forest, working on heel push and turning to the middle. Followed by some SFQ post with sword fingers.

8)

• Like 2

i've gotten back into a more routine workout, but it's still building back up.

I've mastered the jack-squats, and now it's time to move on to the next practice :lol:

But seriously, i've gotten fed up with how LITTLE i practice, when i could be doing more. so i added some checkmark boxes to each day in my journal to remind myself to walk the circle, meditate, and do fan zhang.

I havent done enough circle walking in far too long. i need to reincorporate it into my daily routine.

... i need a daily routine :lol: but it's getting there. Wu Wei style... sorta...

But at least i've gotten 3 days in a row of fan zhang.
Found out that i meditate better than i thought i did... killed a whole hour and it only felt like 5 minutes...

I need to incorporate meditation into my Fan Zhang!!! :lol:

• Like 2

I FORGOT TO STRETCH THIS MORNING!!! ARRRGH!!! :lol: oh well, plenty of time to make up for that when i go to the park to walk in circles :lol:

But the sunk walking has to count for something ;) it's nearly a mile from the house to the library :)