BaguaKicksAss

100 days of practice (martial arts/qigong) challenge; prizes involved :D

Today--Small Universe meditation. Not trying to force qi around anymore, but rather focussing on opening each area for better energy flow (like third eye, crown, kidneys, etc). Last night I did some work with SFQ cloud hands, so I think I will do bit more later today.

Gotta get psyched up for the SFQ seminar in Seattle next weekend!

8)

Edit: Looks like we are on day 90 of our challenge! Ramp it up yall!

Edited by Astral Monk
  • Like 1

mild stretches last night which kickstarted some spntaneous movements, which i followed up deliberately with Fan Zhang.

Had to have been a good hour from start to finish, but only about 10 minutes of fan zhang.

Stretches really do the trick, i need to do more.

today working on SFQ forming/moving of yin/yang. This eve some Tristar taiji practice, as well as some sword play with a couple jian. Intended to be taiji, it ends up being a mix of bagua sword and taiji, as usual ;)

8)

Went to Sky Zone the other day - spent maybe 30 minutes on a trampoline just jumping around and played dodgeball- I highly respect that workout...I was sore all over - everybody should remember to cross train!!! Do the same thing all the time and you stop adapting...

I challenge everyone to go out and do at least one new activity in the next 30 days...

Plenty of free intro classes in various gyms, dance studios, martial art classes....

• Like 1

Finishing off the challenge with a weekend seminar with Chunyi Lin and SFQ fundamentals. Gonna work more explicit meditation into my practice and pursue this until I see the results I want.

Best wishes to all fellow practisioners!! Thanks for continuing inspiration! :)

8)

Only 10 days to go! :)  I think I know who the winners are already, but I'm wondering if folks can help me out a bit and add up their days of practice of NEIGONG, QIGONG or MARTIAL ARTS?  The other practices are awesome too of course, but don't count for this particular contest.  Also unless you have a severe physical disability, less than 10 minutes of practice on that particular day doesn't count either.... Also has to be solo practice not teaching time; class time as a student can be counted 2x per week). Hey these are going to be good books, so I'm being strict ;).  This was all mentioned in the first post.  I have most definitely practiced magic once or twice per day for about 85 or more of these days, but that doesn't count for this particular contest.  I managed about 30 days of martial arts/qigong (my worst slacking ever since I started 6-7 years ago!), but I didn't post all the days, so again, so only the ones I have posted count. 

Anyways, 10 days left, which should be enough time to come out ahead of the others if you practice each day for 10 days.

Apparently with myself, only 10 more days and I can start practicing again or something lololololol. 

For those who have practiced quite a bit, think about whether you would like a Buddhist, Daoist or Bruce Frantzis book :).  Or perhaps something else if you have enough days in ;). 

I'd say probably 21 days of practice since this thread began in November. But I didn't start posting until way later. Still! I'm happy to contribute. I really like the spirit and intent of this thread, I think it gets to the core of why we're all here - solidarity in the path - and furthermore I request another 100 days of practice once this ends.

As for today - played foosball with some down-and-out kids and then they watched me do tai chi at sunset.

They also said I looked like a girl with my long hair. What the hell is wrong with kids? :P

gee, i'll be lucky to clock a whole 2 hours  -_-

:lol: and i walked a full hour non stop last night!  So i know i have more than 2 hours now :P  haha  -_-  but it's like waiting till the end of the race to start running, eh? XD

pretty consistent practice, overall; basically every other day for formal practice sessions. good exercise to reflect on where to improve.

8)

Edited by Astral Monk

Alright, so at the very end of the game, i start practicing daily, and an hour each day...  :lol:

I'm jsut going to go right on ahead and say it:

I was never competing, or in it for the prize, i only hoped that participation would light a fire under my ass and spur me back into consistent practice...

Suffice to say, it didnt, but i've caught up. i'm going to call my sum total hours 5, and leave it at that.

Started a new system of tracking my training based on /r/theXeffect. Basically it involves keeping 3x5" cards divided into 49 squares (7 weeks). You put a single goal or pattern at the top of the card, and each day you add an X notating compliance. You write the deepest and most honest reasons why you're implementing this habit on the back of the card.

It's going awesome. I'm always looking to simplify my life down to its fundamentals. My chi gong card is a hybrid/experimental card. Instead of one X per day, I just wrote "5 minutes of chi gong" to get myself doing small training sessions constantly. I did 3 yesterday, definitely went beyond the 5 minute mark. The idea is, once I do 50 sessions of chi gong, I'll make a new card and double the time to 10 minutes, 50 sessions of that will become 20 minutes, etc.

This is the post that started off this system - it's 10,000 people strong now. I don't usually like to link to other sites, especially reddit, which is kind of a viper pit. But this is really helping people.

the post that started it all

Edited by dogson

xing-yi practice is getting paranormal now. really enjoying the one-pointed awareness vibes.

is everyone still practicing? i want to hear about experiences! i think we should all be posting about what stops us from practicing, too. or what distracts us. that's kind of like training, too.

maybe everyone is just tired of looking at my horribly drawn inkblot kitty?

^_^

two days left, i am at an estimated 4.5 hours total, and i have an hour to do tonight yet! :lol:

I'm honestly not sure if i did worth a damn, but i kept it up for a while, then it tapered off, and then i did 3 days in a row of 1 straight hour each day, and then missed th next 3 days...  >.<   lol i'm still in the game, but i'm not sure if i compare to anyone...

5 hours in 100 days?  that's pathetic... :(

two days left, i am at an estimated 4.5 hours total, and i have an hour to do tonight yet! :lol:

I'm honestly not sure if i did worth a damn, but i kept it up for a while, then it tapered off, and then i did 3 days in a row of 1 straight hour each day, and then missed th next 3 days...  >.<   lol i'm still in the game, but i'm not sure if i compare to anyone...

5 hours in 100 days?  that's pathetic... :(

Your lack of reading comprehension for the rules of this contest is what concerns me.... ;)

It is  not how many hours, it is how many DAYS of practice (of at least 15 minutes per day). 

One of the reasons I put 15 minutes per day is to get us all into a good habit of practicing. If you tell folks do an hour per day, most can't keep that up for 100 days straight.  However if you stick with 15 per day, well most people can muster that.

Well or maybe not :D.  But we all have to start somewhere :). 

• Like 1

I practiced on Thursday, Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday.... 

Bagua each of those days :). 

OK who won?  I have some books to mail out! 

• Like 1

Your lack of reading comprehension for the rules of this contest is what concerns me.... ;)

It is  not how many hours, it is how many DAYS of practice (of at least 15 minutes per day). 

One of the reasons I put 15 minutes per day is to get us all into a good habit of practicing. If you tell folks do an hour per day, most can't keep that up for 100 days straight.  However if you stick with 15 per day, well most people can muster that.

Well or maybe not :D.  But we all have to start somewhere :). 

uhhh...........    okay crap, let me get back to you on that.  i might have more qualifying days than i thought, i jsut lumpped all the 15 minute sessions together and came up with about 3 hours...

so that's like, what, 12 days right there?  except im not so sure i can do that, since some of those 15 minute sessions were circle walking, and some were fan zhang...   usually in the same day.

Plus there's the 3 days of 1 hour sessions in the last week...

I'm not sure but i think 15 days?

:unsure::wacko:  that doesnt sound right...?

I think i missed recording several sessions...

I will have to compare my posts in this thread with my journal...!  

I will try to get this compiled ASAP.

Edited by Vanir Thunder Dojo Tan