BaguaKicksAss

100 days of practice (martial arts/qigong) challenge; prizes involved :D

I FORGOT TO STRETCH THIS MORNING!!! ARRRGH!!! :lol: oh well, plenty of time to make up for that when i go to the park to walk in circles :lol:

But the sunk walking has to count for something ;) it's nearly a mile from the house to the library :)

Was it mindful sunk walking? ;) If not, I recommend doing it mindfully, without thinking about or focusing on anything else while you are doing it...

• Like 1

Was it mindful sunk walking? ;) If not, I recommend doing it mindfully, without thinking about or focusing on anything else while you are doing it...

I will remember to do that! It's mindful at first, for sure, but once i get going, i kind of forget about it. I also need to remind myself to slow down :lol:

Edited by Vanir Thunder Dojo Tan

I will remember to do that! It's mindful at first, for sure, but once i get going, i kind of forget about it. I also need to remind myself to slow down :lol:

If it's not mindful, it's not all that much different than just going to the gym... especially if not done slooooowly ;).

• Like 1

nice relaxed session today, focussing on 'breathing of the universe' which I combine with the Sun taiji 'opening/closing hands', which is similar, but nearer the heart center. Also, getting into the heel press--a variation of SFQs 'Seven steps to a new life' requires one leg standing with one leg raising, toes pointed. then heel press to the ground as one presses the energy down thru the body. The heels are a source of strength for sure. :)

8)

On my way here today, i found that my sunk stepping has improved more than i even realized, but it took till i slowed down and put an EFFORT into doing it properly for me to see this.

EVEN THOUGH i wasnt doing it slowly or with (enough) conscious intent, it was still improving!

I barely did ANY bagua last night. maybe 5 minutes :( but when i got home, i kind of made up for it with square stepping, and "octagon steps" for a couple really tight circles.

My Fan Zhang is mostly done in the circle at this point, but i am still doing it stationary, because that darn Tien palm change is a pain! :lol: I can handle it better in the circle, but that's kind of "cheating" cuz it's easier to do it when i can catch myself when i lose my balance - which is poor results, and why i work it as much as i do standing still with my feet together!

Although i've forgotten to stretch my back. that would help if i would do it more!

• Like 1

today i started off the day with some SFQ meditation, focussing on pore breathing, followed by the 10000 hands practice and '7 steps to a new life'; in this latter move we raise energy up and down the body switching weight to alternate legs; on a variation we pick one leg off the floor, point the toes to the ground on the raise, then press the heel to the ground on lower. Ive been playing with my own variation by stading pigeon toed, shifting to one side, then on the heel press pivoting from straight back to pigeon toed.

all in all its a good exercise for balance. standing on one leg should be just as stable as two if your center is in the right place.

8)

today practice was microcosmic orbit meditation (known as 'small universe' in SFQ). I made it through the session without getting lost and mind wandering too much. I need to work on this more often for sure. Also, I did a wee bit of circle walking using the 'white ape holds peach' post since in Bizo's book 'Circle Walking Neigong' it is suggested that it is good for the kidneys, and i was feeling a pain. Less so now ;)

8)

last night someone took an interest in my practice and i 'showed off' just a little bit :lol:

Honest to god though, more than anything, i outright stopped walking the circle when i realized i had an audience, and sort of talked them through a little what i was doing.

:lol: they seemed "interested" but not exactly engaged.

Didnt get much in, last night. maybe a whopping 90 seconds... -_-

Did square walking when i got home. need a bigger room! :lol:
Probably.... an estimated 20 minutes. might have been 15, i didnt check the clock -_-

Edited by Vanir Thunder Dojo Tan

Regular morning practice mon and tues; this morn some SFQ meditation followed by active exercices. Playing with some Tristar taiji form this evening.

8)

today i tried a seated version of the SFQ set. Even tho there is pressure on the seat it felt like my back could relax a bit and stretch up a bit more from the top of the head. A good exercise.

8)

• Like 1

I've been... distracted, for the last 4 or 5 days now >.> although i did show off a little the other night, i havent gotten back into consistent practice yet >.<

But im getting there! :P seriously. i've got the urge, and it is building all times. eventually i will just explode on a 2 hour long circle! :lol:

got half an hour in this morning! :D Feeling proud! :)

On the way to the Library, about an hour before they opened, I did 15 minutes of circle walking followed by 5 minutes of Qi movement, and finally 10 minutes of Fan Zhang.

feelin' good.

• Like 2

Is it too late for me to jump in? I'm getting really into san ti standing and I could use the accountability. What are the rules? Just post what you practiced every day?

been practucing SFQ in the morns, playing with Taiji forms. Been reading Sun Liu Tang's book on taiji--lots of insight into realizing the movement of energy.

8)

• Like 1

LOL I think I mentioned in the original post that I don't count. Also, for some odd reason I have been slacking since it started, so I most definitely won't have the most days of practice in ;).

Is it too late for me to jump in? I'm getting really into san ti standing and I could use the accountability. What are the rules? Just post what you practiced every day?

Not to late at all :). Also you can post back to the day you posted this, if you can remember. Yep just a basic what you did each day. I prefer a list of each day, since saying "I practiced all last week" isn't quite that precise, as you may have missed a day... The rules are in the first post.

LOL I think I mentioned in the original post that I don't count. Also, for some odd reason I have been slacking since it started, so I most definitely won't have the most days of practice in ;).

I've found that when you are inspired to do something positive, DO IT.

Because (with me) when I think about it, that is almost the same as DOing it, and then i am much less likely TO do it because i spent too much thought on it... which is much lesser than TALKING about doing it, then i almost certainly won't do it.

Which makes THIS THREAD a whole practice in and of itself! :lol:

• Like 1

Bit of a break from formal practice. Still lots of working with the elements tho. Today's practice was a very uplifting session of SFQ small universe meditation. I'm going to stop trying to 'push' energy around so much as open each of the 12 energy centers aligned along the path for the meditation, while using energy breathing for the whole body. Each of the centers is important in its own right and can totally use some vitality and clearing. Innnn, ouuuuut. Centers are lower dantien, bladder, bottom of torso, tailbone, lower back, kidneys, spine, base of the head, crown, upper dantien, throat, heart.

8)

Um I have practised everyday for 4 years straight. At lest 1 hour minimum, on average 2-3 hours per day.

MAN! My practice is crap yet! I've got a long way before i can catch up to that!!!

I'm not even doing more than 45 minutes a day yet, and it's not quite daily either!

WHEW...! -_- I need a change of environment... :\