Mantra68

Kunlun Seminars

We need help (and are getting some) finding a venue and places to stay. Also in spreading the word.

As you may know we, pay our own way for all of these events, so it really helpful to have friends in target locations, posting fliers and generating interest. If we can get at least 30 people signed up that should cover our costs (we are now traveling with a group of 6).

A friend mentioned the possibility of renting a Buddhist retreat for the weekend, which is really cool because they have places to stay for usually up to 20 people and they provide meals. Plus it is a better learning environment and people get more time with Max and the rest of us than they would if we were at a hotel.

Aloha Chris,

Not sure if you consider Queensland but we have temples over here

CHUNG TIAN TEMPLE buddhist http://www.chungtian.org.au/ and

Evergreen Taoist Temple

41 Depot Rd, Deagon

Phone: 07 3869 1188

let me know if I could help somehow

Aloha Chris,

Not sure if you consider Queensland but we have temples over here

CHUNG TIAN TEMPLE buddhist http://www.chungtian.org.au/ and

Evergreen Taoist Temple

41 Depot Rd, Deagon

Phone: 07 3869 1188

let me know if I could help somehow

I'll second that, I'm in Townsville (1400km away) but happy to put up fliers etc.

Doubt you would get 30 in Townsville, but you should in Brisbane

As some of you know we have moved the Santa Barbara seminar to LA. We will now be giving a free introductory lecture at a place called Zambala on Friday Nov. 9th at 7:30 pm.

The seminar itself will be held at the Hyatt West Hollywood on Saturday and Sunday, the 10th and 11th from 9am-1pm.

Many folks have been requesting a return to LA, so we are happy to oblige. There is a good group of people out here and it is always very interesting.

Hope to see you there!

Cheers!

Chris

P.S. Here is a link to our LA flier for those of you who have asked to help spread the word.

Mantra (Chris),

If you come to Sydney i will have my students go as well also i think you know a friend of mine in Hawwaii (Sifu Hodgers)?

Regards

WYG :)

Guest sykkelpump

TO much kunlun talk from you,you need money?I tdont sell anything,but spring forest qi gong suprised me a lot. downlosd it free at : www.demonoid.com

IT is free registration there often.

How refreshing...someone else to carry the kunlun hardsell is annoying torch. I'm tired of it...it's all yours syk. I find the salesmanship extremely distasteful. Word up kunlun hockers...do away with the exclamation points in your advertisements...it comes across as circus-ish.

"This practice is said to be the fastest known path to enlightenment because it removes that which is not needed..."

Said by who? What is "that which is not needed"? And HOW is it removed?

Snake oil salesman describe your oil better.

And answer my questions if you have any semblance of integrity.

How refreshing...someone else to carry the kunlun hardsell is annoying torch. I'm tired of it...it's all yours syk. I find the salesmanship extremely distasteful. Word up kunlun hockers...do away with the exclamation points in your advertisements...it comes across as circus-ish.

"This practice is said to be the fastest known path to enlightenment because it removes that which is not needed..."

Said by who? What is "that which is not needed"? And HOW is it removed?

Xeno,

Why must you be so glum? Do ya chime in to topics with "Kunlun" in the title just to take a dump?

What we are doing is such a positive thing. So many people are having incredible experiences. I know you are bored of hearing about this practice but this practice is not about talking, it's about doing. If you experienced it directly you might not feel the same.

Exclamation points are used because Kunlun workshops are really fun!

Said by who?

Those who have tried it.

What is "that which is not needed"?

The things inside that turn people into Eeyores.

And HOW is it removed?

Smiling.

Edited by Mantra68

xeno,

what's with the hostility?

you seem very angry, i think you should start with some simple belly breathing before thinking about Kunlun, or any enlightenment practice.

Edited by mikaelz

Me thinks that many mistake bliss (whatever that is..."feeling good"?) for enlightenment and that mikaelz knows not of which he speaks.

Thank you for answering my questions mantra. However, they are non-informational...what are the things that turn people into Eeyores? And HOW does smiling remove this as of yet undefined thing that turns people into Eeyores (that previously undefined thing "which is not needed")?

Hopefully it's clear that your replies are non-answers. Indeed your replies prompt further questions...

If smiling enlightens one, why should one pay to learn this? Is it a 'special' smile? The $300 smile?

Suggest you try again.

But with more thought.

xeno

Thank you for answering my questions mantra. However, they are non-informational...what are the things that turn people into Eeyores? And HOW does smiling remove this as of yet undefined thing that turns people into Eeyores (that previously undefined thing "which is not needed")?

Hopefully it's clear that your replies are non-answers. Indeed your replies prompt further questions...

If smiling enlightens one, why should one pay to learn this? Is it a 'special' smile? The $300 smile?

Suggest you try again.

But with more thought.

xeno

So demanding.

All of your answers are here in this forum. Did you get "bored" too quickly to find what you are looking for?

"Self-discovery" is your greatest teacher. The most profound truths are the one's you'll discover on your own.

Edited by Mantra68

Cheap Thrills.

I'll make you stand on one leg AND sweat for half the price.

Golden Cock

Spectrum

Edited by Spectrum

Cheap Thrills.

I'll make you stand on one leg AND sweat for half the price.

Golden Cock

Spectrum

OK man. Good luck with the COCK thing.

"You are casting pearls to swine" they said when we decided to offer these things to the masses, but I believe we are getting through to the people we are supposed to pass this info on to.

I am just amazed that there is so much nasty coming back from an effort to share some of the MOST secret esoteric energetic practices EVER created. Again it is from people who don't practice Kunlun, which means it is really just worthless opinion.

OK man. Good luck with the COCK thing.

Golden Cock.

"You are casting pearls to swine" they said when we decided to offer these things to the masses, but I believe we are getting through to the people we are supposed to pass this info on to.

Catch as Catch Cam. Pour Form.

I am just amazed that there is so much nasty coming back from an effort to share some of the MOST secret esoteric energetic practices EVER created.

Nice Nastiness or Nasty Niceness? Esoteric energetics play par 4 consumer economics.

Again it is from people who don't practice Kunlun, which means it is really just worthless opinion.

Polarizing statements towards blending opposites?

Spectrum

Edited by Spectrum

Me thinks that many mistake bliss (whatever that is..."feeling good"?) for enlightenment and that mikaelz knows not of which he speaks.

when one walks down a path, is it wrong to look and enjoy the scenery on the way?

Seriously, Xeno...it doesnt sound like a technical readout on the order of what you're seeking exists.

Seriously, Xeno...it doesnt sound like a technical readout on the order of what you're seeking exists.

That's my observation as well. If you strip away any attitude/rudeness, xeno's basic point is that there hasn't been a clear explanation of kunlun's mechanics, "how it works". I'd agree - that's a weak point in their presentation. Maybe, over time, the red phx crew will improve along that line. Maybe.

But, you know what?: every school has it's strong and weak points. That's the pedestrian reality of it. Part of being an efficient student is to learn to see the "shape" of a school - what it is offering, what it isn't, how to make best use, not to try and get what isn't there, etc. (If you choose to interface at all.)

Seems to me that the basic conclusion (experience of a number of seasoned members) of the community re: the kunlun method has been very positive, regardless of whether there is a good explanation of it. Learn it in a snap, rapid results, costs ~$15.

Take it or leave it, that's what you've got to go on.

Xeno,

You take the posture, activate the central channel, divine energy begins to expand and release the disharmonious, you unburden yourself from the mind and flow with feeling, then you enter emptiness. Swimming in the divine, revelations come.

What else do you need to know that the experience of going through this process can't reveal to you?

A scientific explanation?

I guess I understand. It's like when I first started having sex. I couldn't really "get into it" until someone explained to me, on a scientific level, what was happening in my body and my girlfriend's body and why it made me feel stuff and more importantly why she kept screaming and smiling at me when I touched her in certain areas.

Just kidding, that would be super-dorky and if I was really like that I'd still be a virgin.

With sex you feel it and do it. What else do you NEED to know? Really?

Of course Max can give you a detailed scientific explanation of the entire process. If you ask him he will oblige, but it won't help you.

Did those who already get it and understand how to apply it need to rely on analysis? No.

Taoism is about getting rid of what you know.

In the beginners mind there are infinite possibilities, in the experts mind there are few.

This is why traditionally the method was given and you were left alone to teach yourself.

Suffice it to say that you are activating a fundamental bodily process of awakening. Unlocking your own mystery.

Self-enlightenment. Truly.

Edited by Mantra68

my 'technical' hypothesis of it is that it aligns naturally occurring spiraling energy currents in a constructively amplifying fashion...much beyond that I dont have the energetic experience to even speculate :)

Much gratitude to the TBs all for shared insights. Yes, as Trunk has articulated, it's the mechanics of kunlun of which I'm curious. I don't believe in magic.

Having established that, I agree with you mantra, much, indeed, in my experience and in accordance with all of the teachings that make sense to me, ALL of achieving enlightenment is accomplished in ridding one's self of "things", these things which I'll assume are "those things which are not needed" and (which are heretofore as of yet undefined...please take any opportunity to do so) irrespective of such, certainly encumber one with respect to attainment of said. A conundrum eh?.

With apologies for the above convoluted paragraph, let me state my interest in this matter plainly...what is the mechanism by which kunlun facilitates enlightenment (or bliss, whatever that is)? Use as much neuro-chemical-mechanical-psychological rational as is appropriate. But use REAL terms. Not touchy feely bullshit. And don't insult your fellow TBs with crap like "You take the posture, activate the central channel, divine energy begins to expand and release the disharmonious, you unburden yourself from the mind and flow with feeling, then you enter emptiness. Swimming in the divine, revelations come." Concentrate on what I'm saying now...until you're able to describe HOW to "take" and "activate" and the HOW that doing so allows divine energy (and WHAT exactly makes the HOW of doing it divine?) and all the other undefined things that you're claiming, you're only embarrassing yourself. Speaking for only myself of course. I'll spare you descriptions of my concerns regarding your use of undefined terms like "flow with the feeling" and "swimming with the divine".

If none has taught you the language skills sufficient to convey the content of those experiences which you claim, I'll help you to do so. But you'll have to start with use of informational words.

I'm at your service.

xeno

Edited by xenolith

That's my observation as well. xeno's basic point is that there hasn't been a clear explanation of kunlun's mechanics, "how it works".

what is the mechanism by which kunlun facilitates enlightenment (or bliss, whatever that is)? Use as much neuro-chemical-mechanical-psychological rational as is appropriate. But use REAL terms.

To be blunt I don't think there is an explanation of the mechanism available in scientific terms.

But I don't think I could even describe the Micro Cosmic Orbit in scientific terms, or most of the stuff that I do.

Does it really matter if it works? I can understand your ......"annoyance" at the loose flowery terminology, the stories about people getting stuck to tennis courts and all the lineages etc. Most of the (small) book is like that personally I just ignore all that stuff, not intrested.

I just practice the method, observe what it does for me, and keep doing it if it feels good. Hopefully it wont f#ck me up!!!

Mal

p.s. sent you (xeno) a PM, have a PDF of level 1 if you want to have a look what is in the book.

pps. Although it is explanable. Sent Chris a PM about something a few weeks back and got an excellent reply that made perfect sense to me.

Edited by Mal

Much gratitude to the TBs all for shared insights. Yes, as Trunk has articulated, it's the mechanics of kunlun of which I'm curious. I don't believe in magic.

Having established that, I agree with you mantra, much, indeed, in my experience and in accordance with all of the teachings that make sense to me, ALL of achieving enlightenment is accomplished in ridding one's self of "things", these things which I'll assume are "those things which are not needed" and (which are heretofore as of yet undefined...please take any opportunity to do so) irrespective of such, certainly encumber one with respect to attainment of said. A conundrum eh?.

With apologies for the above convoluted paragraph, let me state my interest in this matter plainly...what is the mechanism by which kunlun facilitates enlightenment (or bliss, whatever that is)? Use as much neuro-chemical-mechanical-psychological rational as is appropriate. But use REAL terms. Not touchy feely bullshit. And don't insult your fellow TBs with crap like "You take the posture, activate the central channel, divine energy begins to expand and release the disharmonious, you unburden yourself from the mind and flow with feeling, then you enter emptiness. Swimming in the divine, revelations come." Concentrate on what I'm saying now...until you're able to describe HOW to "take" and "activate" and the HOW that doing so allows divine energy (and WHAT exactly makes the HOW of doing it divine?) and all the other undefined things that you're claiming, you're only embarrassing yourself. Speaking for only myself of course. I'll spare you descriptions of my concerns regarding your use of undefined terms like "flow with the feeling" and "swimming with the divine".

If none has taught you the language skills sufficient to convey the content of those experiences which you claim, I'll help you to do so. But you'll have to start with use of informational words.

I'm at your service.

xeno

If I acted like you my teacher would bitch-slap me into next week and then make me do three hours of horse stance. Then I would be shunned for an unspecified period of time.

"I want an Oompa-loompa and I WANT IT NOW, DADDY!"

I really have given you what you need throughout this forum. You must find out the rest for yourself. This is the traditional way.

If you don't like it, find something you do like.

Edited by Mantra68

Hi Mantra,

Out of curiousity how does one become a Kunlun teacher and apart from the book Kunlun bliss is there other kunlun methods that go with this system? Im not talking about his other arts of snake bagua but only Kunlun is there any other Kunlun information to supplement kunlun bliss, If so what would they be?

regards

WYG

p.s. sent you (xeno) a PM, have a PDF of level 1 if you want to have a look what is in the book.

Please don't send our copyrighted material through the web. It is illegal.

Edited by Mantra68

Hi Mantra,

Out of curiousity how does one become a Kunlun teacher and apart from the book Kunlun bliss is there other kunlun methods that go with this system? Im not talking about his other arts of snake bagua but only Kunlun is there any other Kunlun information to supplement kunlun bliss, If so what would they be?

regards

WYG

What else are you looking for? Kunlun is the root. Everything comes from the root. When you have the root you have everything you need. It is much more than just bliss.

You must first be a student before you can become a teacher. Don't be in too much of a hurry to become a teacher. After you thoroughly understand Kunlun would be an appropriate time to decide to teach it. Maybe three years.

You have to go through the process and the changes so that you understand what others will experience. Then you can safely guide them.